PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to buy bits?

austinX117
04-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I was wondering, do you have to buy bits. Also can you earn them?

ranger2410
04-03-2013, 03:17 PM

gotta spend that boom boom boom,

Colteran
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM

No you do not. They and the items in the Store are optional. Do not believe you can earn bits at the moment.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 03:27 PM
gotta spend that boom boom boom,

Why bother to post with some utterly useless nonsense like this?

A s0t
04-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Why bother to post with some utterly useless nonsense like this?
because it the internet. and people hid behind anonymity.

no you don't need the bits, i use the bits for inventory space you can get them using M$ points 400 bits for 400 M$. or 5 bucks american

ranger2410
04-03-2013, 03:37 PM
^_^, only way to get bits is to buy them. Sure it was a silly post but I was under the impression people would have the intelligence to figure out what i meant. I'll make a notation specifically for you next time.

he asked, do you have to buy bits, or can you earn them. No you can't earn them, you have to spend money (gotta spend that boom boom boom). not funny? think im stupid? meh whatever revs your rocket space-man. it still answered the question. :-) kthxbai now

Mad George 88
04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
what do bits get you apart from extra stuff that you cant buy with ingame resources

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
^_^, only way to get bits is to buy them. Sure it was a silly post but I was under the impression people would have the intelligence to figure out what i meant. I'll make a notation specifically for you next time.

he asked, do you have to buy bits, or can you earn them. No you can't earn them, you have to spend money (gotta spend that boom boom boom). not funny? think im stupid? meh whatever revs your rocket space-man. it still answered the question. :-) kthxbai now

I had no idea what you were trying to say. I have NEVER heard real money being referred to as boom. Maybe next time just answer the question instead of trying to be clever?

bartish
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
No you dont absolutely need them. They are just for buying stuff in the in-game defiance store for items like outfits, boosts (ego boost, scrip boost), inventory slots etc. No current way of earning in-game (that we know of) but if you did want bits, they are not that expensive.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
On topic considering everything is outclassed by simply playing the game a bit longer I see no reason to waste money on in game purchases.

Run short on inventory space? Break down useless crap for more room. After 8 hours of playing with the inventory I started with I've already accumulated over 26k and see no reason to spend real cash.

Blitzburgh06
04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I had no idea what you were trying to say. I have NEVER heard real money being referred to as boom. Maybe next time just answer the question instead of trying to be clever?

Maybe he was just having a little laugh? I lol'd.

ranger2410
04-03-2013, 03:49 PM

nah, i prefer my own clever little world. I get a chuckle out of it, and sense I give a rats rear end about anyone other than myself it works for me :-) As far as what you can buy, it comes down to 5 general things right now.

1) Boosters: these are timed boosters that grant bonus experience/tech/scrip etc to you/your clan/your group.
2) Cosmetics. these come in 2 forms, helmet slot items, and the costume slot items.
3)Lock boxes, grades 2-3-4, these give out random weapons/shields/grenades of at least uncommon or better quality.
4) vehicles
5) inventory slots

Good news is that none of those things are necessary, and a good portion can still be unlocked without bits. For example lockboxes can still be bought with keycodes and scrip. And there are several vehicle vendors around, though you may only be able to get that certain vehicle/color combo with bits. not sure on that. I believe the outfits available via the shop are also cash shop exclusive, but you still find plenty in game as well.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
nah, i prefer my own clever little world. I get a chuckle out of it, and sense I give a rats rear end about anyone other than myself it works for me :-) As far as what you can buy, it comes down to 5 general things right now.

1) Boosters: these are timed boosters that grant bonus experience/tech/scrip etc to you/your clan/your group.
2) Cosmetics. these come in 2 forms, helmet slot items, and the costume slot items.
3)Lock boxes, grades 2-3-4, these give out random weapons/shields/grenades of at least uncommon or better quality.
4) vehicles
5) inventory slots

Good news is that none of those things are necessary, and a good portion can still be unlocked without bits. For example lockboxes can still be bought with keycodes and scrip. And there are several vehicle vendors around, though you may only be able to get that certain vehicle/color combo with bits. not sure on that. I believe the outfits available via the shop are also cash shop exclusive, but you still find plenty in game as well.

Now thats being helpful.