PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify for me what the new max ego rating means?

sweetlaurana
08-08-2014, 07:02 AM
In the patch notes for 2.2. it says:

New Max EGO Rating!
* The max EGO rating has been increased to 5900. It is possible to achieve this value without completing all pursuits. Fear not! When the max rating is increased again, any additional points you've earned will automatically be added to your rating!

I have all the ego perks unlocked for my character and am no longer receiving XP unless I level up weapons or complete pursuits. I do not notice any different behavior after the patch.

Or is it that the number of pursuits totals greater than 5900, so I still can only level up by only completing pursuits or leveling up weapons?

I am also confused about "any additional points you've earned will automatically be added to your rating".

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 07:04 AM
You can now earn up to an EGO of 5900. Meaning anything beyond that is hidden. Only 5900 will show.

drackiller
08-08-2014, 07:06 AM
It means that you have more ways to get there, but you will have to do some pursuits, just not all.

The additional points means that if you hit the cap but you still have points to gain from whatever points you may still get, when /if they raise the cap again you will be credited with those ego points.

Not sure if i made it very clear thoug.

Ray186
08-08-2014, 07:24 AM
From my own experience since the patch it means that even though your ego grid is full, and your ego meter is not filling up, you are still earning ego points. There is a very low "chime?" that sounds when you do enough damage to progress to the next ego level. Every time you hear this, your ego level jumps 4 points.

I actually had to turn my game sounds up to hear it at all.

sweetlaurana
08-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the response. I think I understand now. :-)

DIS
08-08-2014, 07:56 AM
From my own experience since the patch it means that even though your ego grid is full, and your ego meter is not filling up, you are still earning ego points. There is a very low "chime?" that sounds when you do enough damage to progress to the next ego level. Every time you hear this, your ego level jumps 4 points.

I actually had to turn my game sounds up to hear it at all.

If it is going up 4 points at a time you are leveling up your weapon classes or vehicle classes. You can only earn a certain amount of EGO from XP. After that you have to do pursuits, level weapons classes or level vehicles. Once you have finished all of your pursuits, gotten all of your weapons and vehicle classes up to 20 and maxed out your XP, you are at Max EGO.

Ray186
08-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Nope. All I have left are SV and pvp and I don't play that. Did you read the patch notes. You can earn max ego without doing pursuits. If you earn any points by doing pursuits after reaching max ego they will be added on when the level cap is increased.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Glass ceiling bruh. Ceiling at 5900 but if ya look up and through you can see your pursuits past that :cool:

Stogie
08-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Actually increasing the Ego level and adding new content is a natural game progression to give the players who have reached max something new to keep them interested. It should give them more incentive to continue with the game a perhaps spend cash on new and exciting gear or perks.

But with taking away the mechanics they know about gaining the in game resources in order to maintain the weapons they have worked so hard to achieve it is a slap in the face. Instead of giving them something new and exciting it makes them feel cheated and frustrated. All their knowledge, effort and pride in building a strong character was essentially shat upon.

That is why you see the frustration and vitriol here.

Carnak
08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
But with taking away the mechanics they know about gaining the in game resources in order to maintain the weapons they have worked so hard to achieve it is a slap in the face. Instead of giving them something new and exciting it makes them feel cheated and frustrated. All their knowledge, effort and pride in building a strong character was essentially shat upon.

That is why you see the frustration and vitriol here.

They have to try to fix what is broken and Defiance's Ego system has always been one of the game's biggest handicaps.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Glass ceiling bruh. Ceiling at 5900 but if ya look up and through you can see your pursuits past that :cool:

... or smash right through it, if you're Willy Wonka.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/658300/wonkavator-o.gif