PDA

View Full Version : Has TRION Gone Mad?

Dukhat
08-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Howdy great peeps, of this once great game,

After a small pause I decided it was time to hit up 'ol Defiance again.
Loved the game ever since I purchased it a few months ago, and I really do mean LOVE.
-Played it 190 hours almost straight, which I never done for any game in existence.
-Even bought the season 1 box set, was considering to buy the 2nd too.

Spending a few hundred $$$ was of a little matter to me,
since the game felt right in distribution of all game assets such as:
ArkForge, Scrip, Weaponry & Salvage (which kept people playing AND spending)

But it seems that Trion has really dropped the ball, making it extremely unfair for free players.
Not to mention the back-stab the long-time players received..

Have over 5 Million Scrip & 8 Million Salvage, which I accumulated through:
EGO 2000-4000 WITHOUT spending a dime.
-Planned to buy boxes & give it away to needy players, now only a few boxes can be bought.

MOST NOTABLE POINTS (from my perspective):
------------------------------------------------------
-KeyCode prices has risen dramatically, to a point of insanity.
-Much less rewards from any lock box type.
-MUCH less gain of ArkForge in ANY situation.
-Promises made, fell flat (really tried to keep up hope).
-Politically correct statements which are of course untrue, stating that the prices are now fairer.
-Major ArkFalls and such no longer worth doing, not with 2 or 200 players.

These are the immediate things I noticed when I jumped back on.
Surely, there will be a lot more should I play intensively again
-which I will never again until it's all resolved.
------------------------------------------------------

Trion, with the upcoming competition, you should be focusing on KEEPING your player base (especially the paying ones, who are probably more angry about the changes then the recent F2P players).
You should take note that all these changes makes people much less willing to buy & invest time into the game. Really hope you realize this, before this game will be dead in a few months not far from here.

It's understandable you want people to buy items from the Bit store since it has gone F2P,
but you are doing it in such a incorrect manner, that people are & will be doing the opposite.

So my question to you is:
Have You Gone Mad &
Lost All Kinds Of Decency?

If this will be way ArcheAge will ahead towards, good luck with keeping the player base.

Sincerely yours,
Dukhat

Alastar
08-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Twas all a business move. Whether wise or not we will see in the days to come. Clearly it wasn't wise to us but our business advice is irrelevant to somebody that matters. So we can sit and wait to see what happens :cool:

drackiller
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I halted my EGO progression long ago, my actual EGO is high enough for me to play the game without a problem, and i also have many good weapons near my lvl, so i`m good.

But no rewards is equal to no fun...

Festival
08-08-2014, 10:51 AM
An observation: this has all the signs of being a "suit move," something dictated from a corner office, not a dev-initiated balancing move. The devs make a lot of bad calls, no doubt, but the AF and key nerf doesn't "smell" like a dev decision. It's a suit decision.

Riz
08-08-2014, 11:09 AM
So my question to you is:
Have You Gone Mad &
Lost All Kinds Of Decency?

I can answer that question m8: Yes! :)

If this will be way ArcheAge will ahead towards, good luck with keeping the player base.

And i cant speak for others... But Defiance is special to me, it has that extra factor that makes it fun. That's why it saddens me to see incapable dev's destroy a once very promising game instead of getting it to it's full potential. So getting to the upcoming Trove and ArcheAge... Those games look nice and promising as well, but by now i know which kind of company is behind it. I will never start playing another Trion game ever again. Therefor i will never buy/download/borrow any game which has their name on it. The moment Defiance collapses or i lose all interest i'll never be Trion-customer again. Until that moment, i'm trying to save my favorite game!

bigguy
08-08-2014, 11:15 AM
No matter who is responsible for the decisions on what direction this game takes its too late.
The people who have been here and tried to help this game become what it should be which is great are done.
Word of mouth gets around with gamers and the words that will be said about TRION and the way they handled Defiance will not be good.
They can only hope that the new people dont realize how they are getting ripped off only to be playing an endless grind fest that leads to nothing.

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 11:18 AM
No matter who is responsible for the decisions on what direction this game takes its too late.
The people who have been here and tried to help this game become what it should be which is great are done.
Word of mouth gets around with gamers and the words that will be said about TRION and the way they handled Defiance will not be good.
They can only hope that the new people dont realize how they are getting ripped off only to be playing an endless grind fest that leads to nothing.

Go read reviews of this game on any website. They're not positive ones. This is a ticking time bomb.

Quebra Regra
08-08-2014, 11:44 AM
http://www.leslieirishevans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_m13ffqjQtG1r9sh7mo1_500.png

ConcreteSnake
08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
I completely agree with the OP. I've been paying this game 4-8 hours a day, everyday for a long time. Even with the old arkforge drops I found myself buying personal/clan boosts as well as arkforge for remastering weapons and ego rating on my lower toons stuff, I would've even bought a permanent double arkforge/rewards multiplier for $20-$50 like a lot of f2p games have. I was also really excited for the land expansion and various other parts of the patch.......until patch day and saw they suddenly changed the games economy and rewards. Since 2.2 I have maybe played a total of 5 hours (some time standing around because I didn't know what to do). The encrypted weapons didn't even bother me since I only made about 5 legendary items in the time we had to do it. Now the REWARDS do not feel worth my EFFORT. I've barely played since 2.2 and all the excitement is gone.

DeadEye68
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM
An observation: this has all the signs of being a "suit move," something dictated from a corner office, not a dev-initiated balancing move. The devs make a lot of bad calls, no doubt, but the AF and key nerf doesn't "smell" like a dev decision. It's a suit decision.

Someone here http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170678-An-analytic-look-at-the-recent-changes. disagrees. Because, well if pushing you into the cash shop was the intention, Trion would've said so.

Clarity Page
08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
havnt played in a little while cause my xbox gold ran out and ive had a lot going on plus new games so Ive missed Trions most recent insanity from orange upgrade locking onwards,

looks like i will only be playing casually from now on just to explore the new areas and story missions, i have some good gear so providing trion don't nerf those I guess i'm set from now on,

well done Trion you finally broke me, im giving up on the game, I have put up with glitch after ridicules unwanted change after glitch.... but this is it, i will pop in occasionally but that's all.

At least we still have the TV show

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Go read reviews of this game on any website. They're not positive ones. This is a ticking time bomb.

The best meta scores it has ever gotten are 6.5/10 or 65/100.

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
The best meta scores it has ever gotten are 6.5/10 or 65/100.

I bet you if we polled Defiance now it'd have lower approval scores than Obama.

Coyote Clive
08-08-2014, 02:22 PM
I completely agree with the OP. I've been paying this game 4-8 hours a day, everyday for a long time. Even with the old arkforge drops I found myself buying personal/clan boosts as well as arkforge for remastering weapons and ego rating on my lower toons stuff, I would've even bought a permanent double arkforge/rewards multiplier for $20-$50 like a lot of f2p games have. I was also really excited for the land expansion and various other parts of the patch.......until patch day and saw they suddenly changed the games economy and rewards. Since 2.2 I have maybe played a total of 5 hours (some time standing around because I didn't know what to do). The encrypted weapons didn't even bother me since I only made about 5 legendary items in the time we had to do it. Now the REWARDS do not feel worth my EFFORT. I've barely played since 2.2 and all the excitement is gone.

That's the rub. They made the game not worth your time. They had the arkforge rewards and key codes fairly well balanced at least for the fun factor. I saw warmasters and arkfalls as AF and key opportunities and raced off to hit them regularly. If I spent 20 minutes winning a Dark Matter arkfall with 250-500K points I got almost enough arkforge to raise one Orange weapon's EGO rating ONE time. That seemed about fair to me. Now it takes 5 DM arkfalls to do one OJ one rating level. So what took me 20 minutes now takes several hours when you factor in waiting for those events to happen. So now I see a DM arkfall and knowing the "rewards" involved I just don't bother. My new tactic is to never raise my EGO from it's current 5756 rating so I never have to upgrade my guns so I never have to grind arkforge. Of course this option is only available to high EGO players so the real screwing happened to the low EGO players who now can't possibly keep their favorite guns up to date with their ever rising EGO without visiting the bit store.

Sad thing is I was about to drop some dough in the bit store for key code storage and some boosts but waited to see the inevitable ninja changes that Trion includes in their updates. Glad I did since key code storage and boosts are not worth it now.

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Sad thing is I was about to drop some dough in the bit store for key code storage and some boosts but waited to see the inevitable ninja changes that Trion includes in their updates. Glad I did since key code storage and boosts are not worth it now.

Won't need that key code storage now for sure.
BTW is that a Pinto and a Maverick?

N3gativeCr33p
08-08-2014, 02:33 PM

Bazinga!

http://ionegiantmag.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/a-capture12.gif?w=300&h=230

Dukhat
08-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Lol, konstantinov :p

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Lol, konstantinov :p

Innocent enough eh?

Coyote Clive
08-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Won't need that key code storage now for sure.
BTW is that a Pinto and a Maverick?

Yes 72 Grabber Maverick and a 75 Pinto with a 2.3 turbo motor in it :) Both mine.

Here's the Maverick doing a Defiance imitation. Except I can't find the "boost" button

http://youtu.be/DcYj2nRwxBc

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Yes 72 Grabber Maverick and a 75 Pinto with a 2.3 turbo motor in it :) Both mine.

Here's the Maverick doing a Defiance imitation. Except I can't find the "boost" button

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/borat-thumbs-up_zps7c26088c.jpg

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 07:01 PM

You rip that 2.3 out of a prelude? If you did please answer the following.

Did you bring the compression down? If so, how much?
Stock ECU, Piggy back, or stand alone?
If piggy back did you go hondata? If not, why?
How much boost are you running? Why not more?
Do you experience slippage on take offs?
Are you running a 2 stage clutch? <--- Ignore if running less than 1 bar of boost.

Sorry for the questions.

Woozell
08-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Howdy great .

Sincerely yours,
Dukhat

wall of text. didn't read

Dandrielas
08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I am saddened by lack of Sparta GIF.

Coyote Clive
08-08-2014, 08:08 PM
You rip that 2.3 out of a prelude? If you did please answer the following.

Did you bring the compression down? If so, how much?
Stock ECU, Piggy back, or stand alone?
If piggy back did you go hondata? If not, why?
How much boost are you running? Why not more?
Do you experience slippage on take offs?
Are you running a 2 stage clutch? <--- Ignore if running less than 1 bar of boost.

Sorry for the questions.

Well I guess we can finish murdering this thread :)

2.3 is out of an 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Already has forged rods/pistons. Ported head, big valves.
Compression is already 8:1 but with milling probably 8.2 or so.
Stand alone mega squirt ECU
Street tune 12-15 PSI Race gas 18-22 PSI though not tuned yet.
Running Certerforce clutch.

Both the Maverick and Pinto are now 5-Speed manual transmission. Pinto isn't completely done yet.

http://vid119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/Madyak/195_zps203f9a81.mp4

duction
08-09-2014, 01:21 AM
I too was going to play defiance and spend more money in game but after this patch there is no point playing any more.

I will be using that money to buy another xbox game.

Coyote Clive
08-09-2014, 03:22 AM
The changes are so drastic why would anyone spend money on this game? I mean what you buy today might be gone or made useless in the next reality shift that Trion pulls.

fighterpilot04
08-09-2014, 04:06 AM

2.3 is out of an 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Already has forged rods/pistons. Ported head, big valves.

Both the Maverick and Pinto are now 5-Speed manual transmission. Pinto isn't completely done yet.

in all fairness, you havent really murdered this thread. any motorhead knows that with any turbo, unless your spot on you get some kind of lag long before you get the performance you want. thats pretty spot on with this game, excpect the mechanics keep giving us more and more delay before we get any kind of boost. but it could be that the head mechanic doesnt know **** about how to keep an engine running, so fine tuning is probably completely outside of his grasp.

cool cars though. very unique builds.

Dukhat
08-09-2014, 10:23 AM
The changes are so drastic why would anyone spend money on this game? I mean what you buy today might be gone or made useless in the next reality shift that Trion pulls.

Exactly why I stopped playing & spending.
Used to spend a nice amount each month on the game, now they fragged it.

konstantinov
08-09-2014, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the answers and it sounds pretty beastly.

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 12:45 AM
I am saddened by lack of Sparta GIF.

Lol, of course :p

08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
I mean what you buy today might be gone or made useless in the next reality shift that Trion pulls.

+1 Have to agree. I think it's already common knowledge among vets not to spend a dime in Defiance's cashshop, simply because it is so overpriced and you don't know what Tryin will nerf next.

Luckily it only takes half a brain for new players to figure this out as well.

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 01:10 PM
+1 Have to agree. I think it's already common knowledge among vets not to spend a dime in Defiance's cashshop, simply because it is so overpriced and you don't know what Tryin will nerf next.

Luckily it only takes half a brain for new players to figure this out as well.

Well it's not REALLY overpriced, but the recent changes have forced me to boycott it & stop playing.

08-15-2014, 01:29 AM
the recent changes have forced me to boycott it & stop playing.

I think cashshop needs more variety in social with lower prices.

For these new nerfs, I think we can all agree they aren't good.

TremerChrist
08-15-2014, 02:54 AM
For these new nerfs, I think we can all agree they aren't good.

Not good? What do you mean not good? I was getting so sick of buying boxes and having fun. The day before the death patch, I kept getting way to much arkforge. I mean really, what was I going to do with it? Upgrade rarity of a few guns? Maybe, I could have reset the xp roll on a couple of potential unicorns but it was getting hard to log in and have fun. Games aren't meant for having a good time, we're supposed to be grinding for days to get a pile of **** from the piece of **** lock boxes.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-15-2014, 03:00 AM
ya what he said lol

DEATHBRINGER210
08-15-2014, 03:01 AM
is this a trick ?

08-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Games aren't meant for having a good time, we're supposed to be grinding for days to get a pile of **** from the piece of **** lock boxes.

You forgot the most important bit there: Or buy lockboxes and arkforge from the cashshop.

is this a Trick ?

Haven't heard that one before.

Atticus Batman
08-15-2014, 03:03 AM
is this a trick ?

No, THIS is a Trick!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg.html)

DEATHBRINGER210
08-15-2014, 03:05 AM
No, THIS is a Trick! ok i got it ty carry on

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg.html) ok i get now ty carry on

DEATHBRINGER210
08-15-2014, 03:07 AM
You forgot the most important bit there: Or buy lockboxes and arkforge from the cashshop.

Haven't heard that one before.
i m here to help spread joy and lols

superstorm
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM
"Reviews" mean nothing for me. I try a game only if I like its description, screenshots, etc. There are many acclaimed games I hate and vice versa. Everyone should have own opinion and don't listen critics.

konstantinov
08-15-2014, 08:30 AM
"Reviews" mean nothing for me. I try a game only if I like its description, screenshots, etc. There are many acclaimed games I hate and vice versa. Everyone should have own opinion and don't listen critics.

So what you're saying is you don't value others opinions. You do whatever floats your boat.

DIS
08-15-2014, 08:42 AM
No, THIS is a Trick!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/250px-Trick_Dempsey_zps88dbcc9a.jpg.html)

He looks like a ****ing cartoon character that began to morph into a human and didn't quite finish. Holy **** that guy looks silly.

superstorm
08-15-2014, 08:48 AM
So what you're saying is you don't value others opinions. You do whatever floats your boat.
It sounds so confusing, but this is a case with critics. Their articles just annoy me and I often do not agree with their point. Probably because they do not dig deeply enough and their opinion of a game is usually cursory, inflated and therefore WRONG.
Same with movies, tv shows, etc.

DIS
08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Critics are there to give their OPINION of something based on their EXPERIENCE and history with said thing. They are not supposed to be right or wrong, they are mainly meant to give you a very brief glimpse of something. I personally don't bother with critics of any type because I tend to like ****ty movies, tv shows and games *cough, cough* ahem.

EDIT: This is my opinion, so **** you if you don't like it.

konstantinov
08-15-2014, 09:32 AM
This is my opinion, so **** you if you don't like it.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ab8/82d/dc3/resized/archer-danger-zone-meme-generator-call-kenny-loggins-because-your-in-the-cause-your-in-e5d29a.jpg

08-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Critics are there to give their OPINION of something based on their EXPERIENCE and history with said thing.

It's exchanging opinions and experiences that can lead to more insight. Liking an opinion should be secondary. I saw in the livestream they are rolling back T3 arkforge nerf and adding a 100 AF on T4.

I'm not sure if this will be enough to keep players, because it still doesn't fix the nerfed droprate OR give enough arkforge to actually do something fun with non-encrypted weapons that aren't crap.