PDA

View Full Version : Can you have 2 Synergies mods in one gun?

ratpie
08-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Can you have 2 types of Synergy mods in one gun?

example:

2 from Cannoneer Mods.

Stock [1]: +3% Fire Rate
Barrel [2]: +6% Fire Rate

and 2 from Stalker Mods.

Magazine [1]: +5% Range
Sight [2]: +10% Range

TremerChrist
08-08-2014, 11:10 AM
In order to get the synergy bonus, mod synergy and gun synergy must match.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Yep that about covers it. You can add conflicting mods but you'll only get the mod bonus not the synergy bonus.

Ray186
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM
So if the synergy is stalker and I add 2 stalker mods and get the extra range, then add 2 rolling thunder mods to get the extra ammo?

Alastar
08-08-2014, 12:47 PM
If the weapon is stalker you can ONLY get stalker bonuses. A standard mod bonus still applies. If you put a RT damage barrel on a stalker gun you get the damage bonus but only the damage bonus.

drackiller
08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
So if the synergy is stalker and I add 2 stalker mods and get the extra range, then add 2 rolling thunder mods to get the extra ammo?
No matter the position you put the stalker mods, you will get the first two bonus for the synergy, the other 2 mods will just give the stats of those mods but not of the synergy. You would be wasting 2 mods and the gun itself.

Ray186
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Are you sure about that because when I have done that in the past my mag count goes up.

ConcreteSnake
08-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Are you sure about that because when I have done that in the past my mag count goes up.

did you happen to add a high capacity mag when doing this? Everyone that has responded have been playing for a long time and know the ins and out of this very well.

when you add a mod with the matching synergy 1 of the bonuses will turn white/light up per matching mod. Requiring all four matching mods to get all four bonuses.

drackiller
08-08-2014, 12:57 PM

You will get the bonus of each mod you put on the weapon, be it stock , mag, muzzle or scope but whatever mods you put of the weapon synergy, if you put 2 of those you will get the first 2 bonus of the synergy and nothing else.
Let me give you an example, if you put those 2 mods per example one in the Mag and the other in the scope, you will not get the third and fourth bonus of the synergy, instead you will get the first and second bonus of the weapon synergy.

Overtkill21
08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Think of it this way OP, the mod does not contain the synergy bonus. The weapon contains the bonus.

The mod is just a way to activate the bonus on the gun.

So a Stalker weapon needs four Stalker mods to activate the Stalker bonuses on the gun.

A mod does however, contain the Mod bonus so a mismatched mod (Stalker mod on a Cannoneer weapon) will still add the mod bonus (x1.50 Mag bonus, x0.85 Reload, etc.) but will not activate any of the Synergy bonuses.

Strykewolf
08-08-2014, 01:04 PM

No. Only the synergy that matches the firearm will do anything.

Ray186
08-08-2014, 01:06 PM
You will get the bonus of each mod you put on the weapon, be it stock , mag, muzzle or scope but whatever mods you put of the weapon synergy, if you put 2 of those you will get the first 2 bonus of the synergy and nothing else.
Let me give you an example, if you put those 2 mods per example one in the Mag and the other in the scope, you will not get the third and fourth bonus of the synergy, instead you will get the first and second bonus of the weapon synergy.

This is what I thought. On most weapons synergy slots 3 and 4 are rarely any good anyway.

Thanks.

ratpie
08-08-2014, 02:33 PM
The gun is a purple VBI PS-30 Slugger, pump shotgun.
Bio, w/Survivalist

DMG 1950
Fire Rate 1.8
Mag 11
Reload 0.6
Accuracy 2.4
Bloom 0.00

Added
Cannoneer, Recoil Buttstock = Bloom x0.90 recoil x0.90
Cannoneer, Power retention choke = Falloff DMG +5
Rolling thunder, Shot Pod = Reload x0.90
Rolling thunder, Scatter Scope = Accuracy -0.30 Movement Accuracy x0.90

was looking to get the cannoneer +6% fire rate and the rolling thunder +10 Mag bonuses as well.

was bored so i tested and only got the mod bonuses.

i read that the synergy of the gun was only when you are carrying 2 of the same weapon types.
i see that if i have 2 outlaw weapons the synergy will light up so i know it was active.
had no idea it was for the guns mod bonuses as well.

Thanks for the answers.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Ah you discovered backpacks. Seems you already understand them too. 2 guns for the bonus. There's another backpack esque synergy too. It has 3 bonuses (7th legion prominently) and for that one you need both guns and your shield to match syns.