PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Free-to-Play Coming to PlayStation 3

Scapes
08-08-2014, 05:04 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/06/Defiance_blog_header_2_720x332.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/08/08/defiance-free-to-play-coming-to-playstation-3)

We're excited to announce that Defiance Free-to-Play is coming to PlayStation 3 next week! Starting August 12, veteran ark hunters on PlayStation 3 will be granted 1,000 arkforge, 30 days of Paradise Patron status, and retain their increased number of loadouts, character slots, inventory slots, and keycode storage capacity (please note that some these will need to be reclaimed from the Claim Items pane). New recruits will be able to download Defiance from the PlayStation Network (PSN) for free once their store updates.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/08/08/defiance-free-to-play-coming-to-playstation-3)

Covington
08-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a 3rd of my clan can't even log on tonight - it just crashes. One said she's been submitting tickets since june with no response. It's ps3 so no computer personal config issues.

Sigh it's over isn't it. Still love the show, the game makes me drink.

jamezilla
08-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Excellent! Can't wait to see it revitalized.

CM Kiwibird
08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
One said she's been submitting tickets since june with no response. It's ps3 so no computer personal config issues.

Your friend has likely not linked their PS3 account to their Trion Worlds account. We can't submit a direct response without an email attached, so if they submit tickets from the PS3, we can't get a response out to them. We can fix their issues, but we can't really send them notifications.

Tell them to use the support site online or connect their PS3 account to their Trion Worlds account so that we can get a response out to them. Alternatively, have her use Live Chat, because Live Chat is awesome.

Covington
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Your friend has likely not linked their PS3 account to their Trion Worlds account.

LOL yes they are. and we just got booted from PC seriously!!!!

Dude you haven't even answer MY support tickets! They on both PC and Ps3. All but one got deleted right away.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120820185709/glee/images/8/8f/Santana_can't.gif

Woozell
08-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a 3rd of my clan can't even log on tonight - it just crashes. One said she's been submitting tickets since june with no response. It's ps3 so no computer personal config issues.

Sigh it's over isn't it. Still love the show, the game makes me drink.

this is not relevant to Thread. ( most in keeping with all of Covington posts. *sigh*)

Covington
08-08-2014, 07:54 PM
this is not relevant to Thread. ( most in keeping with all of Covington posts. *sigh*)

Not relevant... they are opening up the game when even PC is buggered? Yeah right mate... keep dreaming and drinking the kool-aid.

Chump Norris
08-08-2014, 08:19 PM
It will be interesting to see how many of my friend who were ready to start playing on July 15th are still willing to start on the 12th.

They have been lurking the forums and dont seem excited about the game anymore..

I am ready for my Forge though! Thanks for the update.

Gabrielle
08-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Your friend has likely not linked their PS3 account to their Trion Worlds account. We can't submit a direct response without an email attached, so if they submit tickets from the PS3, we can't get a response out to them. We can fix their issues, but we can't really send them notifications.

Tell them to use the support site online or connect their PS3 account to their Trion Worlds account so that we can get a response out to them. Alternatively, have her use Live Chat, because Live Chat is awesome.

Excuse me but my accounts are linked and I submitted the ticket via trion's site and plus I've posted the issue on the PS3 bugs page here on the forums and I can count the responses I have gotten for the support team with my hands closed.

Amack
08-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Excuse me but my accounts are linked and I submitted the ticket via trion's site and plus I've posted the issue on the PS3 bugs page here on the forums and I can count the responses I have gotten for the support team with my hands closed.

http://i58.tinypic.com/5v86tl.jpg

Gabrielle
08-08-2014, 09:11 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/5v86tl.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f63e20a2e8321ad353cb94f84980f602/tumblr_mklyxlib3H1r6tk2go8_250.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f71c2a693720abb2342a8883dd71579d/tumblr_inline_n1i6pxlbTg1rot4kx.gif
For my fellow kittens classmates

0ii0
08-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Let me get this right you delayed the f2p to improve the game/server, but now its in a total mess on ps3 right now it's in a worst state it's been in since the new patch..

Incursions sieges bugged with 999999 scores, major ark falls bugged due to being in the same area as a ark break, constantly being dc'd entering stuff, I could go on and on, on

But I guess it's time to cash in on a sinking ship

Chump Norris
08-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Let me get this right you delayed the f2p to improve the game/server, but now its in a total mess on ps3 right now it's in a worst state it's been in since the new patch..

Incursions sieges bugged with 999999 scores, major ark falls bugged due to being in the same area as a ark break, constantly being dc'd entering stuff, I could go on and on, on

But I guess it's time to cash in on a sinking ship

I still think it was delayed because someone wanted both consoles to go F2P at the same time (maybe Microsoft?).

PS3 had a set date but that was changed to "mid-July" when they announced it for Xbox. We eventually got our set date of July 15th back but that didnt happen.

dramaQkarri
08-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Well I sure hope they get voice chat back online for us by then. And fix the rest of us still having text chat stuck on colorblind. And stability and balance and about a thousand bugs and glitches and everything else that will not impress a newcomer to stay and check out the bit store.

But then again, I'm just here for the arkforge.

Love Monkey
08-09-2014, 12:11 AM
NO let's go free to play with bonuses not chat zone or clan , ghost enemy's, crit outs, no text chat, lag, and glitch out everything that will get people to come to the game right.

l Krazey Ivan l
08-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I have a question if we have to claim back load out slots and character slots from claims items and we have multiple characters will we get the load out slots back for all of them or just the one we claim them back on because you have to buy the load out slots for individual characters I for one do not wish to have to buy the load out slots again for the rest of my characters and will this apply to Xbox 360 when it go's F2P?

Quickfyre
08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Xbox? Any news/dates/soon(TM), anything?

konstantinov
08-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Well I sure hope they get voice chat back online for us by then. And fix the rest of us still having text chat stuck on colorblind. And stability and balance and about a thousand bugs and glitches and everything else that will not impress a newcomer to stay and check out the bit store.

But then again, I'm just here for the arkforge.

I will be logging on to do a few upgrades.

jesbro
08-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Xbox? Any news/dates/soon(TM), anything?
^This

Also will we be able to use an Xbox Live Silver Account to play it once it is free or will we still need Gold?

Flank
08-10-2014, 08:26 AM
I am welcoming the F2P on Ps3.. even though I paid for my copy. Over a year ago.
More people to play the game with.

Dandrielas
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't know. The AF is now and enough to keep my upgrading a little bit, but I am still peeved about the nerfs.

Riz
08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
The game has been extremely laggy this weekend on PS3. I do hope that's solved before activating F2P, and that the F2P newcomers dont get the game to lag and DC even more than it currently is.

Treasurekins
08-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I can hardly wait for the influx of new people that we cannot communicate with because voice chat is still broken and text chat seems to only be working for some people. I know that this issue is being investigated, but it is terribly frustrating.

kgersen
08-10-2014, 10:36 AM
existing players: Just, wow. :eek:

Trion: Because SV is working so flawlessly, we are moving directly to yet another perfectly executed update. Trust us; it will be just as seamless as the rest! ;)

Dandrielas
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Is it just me, or does the ps3 servers seem dead now?

dramaQkarri
08-10-2014, 03:03 PM
NO let's go free to play with bonuses not chat zone or clan , ghost enemy's, crit outs, no text chat, lag, and glitch out everything that will get people to come to the game right.

All these things point the way to stability.

adrokier
08-10-2014, 03:10 PM
pls dnt do F2P by that state of the Game we have now, that will crash everything ... oki many gamers left cos of no investment on PS3 ...

Scapes u doing great job, but the investment ppl they loose totally it seems, cos what happens on PS3 for the last 5days is really sad, seems nobody has time, and no eta for any fix or even investigation on the issues on PS3 ...

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 03:26 PM
So, the plan was to hold back PS3 F2P until the servers were more stable.

F2P is finally dated for PS3 . . . with the days between announcement and implementation being some of the worst for PS3 stability in ages.

(Actually, it's horrible on the mainland. I've almost never been booted from Silicon Valley on PS3. Then again, that is made up for by all the emergencies spawning with enemies underground, stalled out Invasion events, Grid minor arkfalls that don't spawn at all despite their titles showing up in their supposed spawn radius, etc.).

alsolo
08-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Stable?!! There is still lag on ps3

eirich_liath
08-10-2014, 04:56 PM
It has been mentioned several times already. STABILITY is still a joke. I thought that's why it was delayed also.

Any more lag and discos will make the game impossible to play. Does The Company care?
Money? The game will be more of a laughing stock than it already is. F2P. Download. Crit out. Delete.

Really ought to reconsider the timing on this and worry about the STABILITY issues before anything else.
Else the chickens you've obviously already counted won't hatch.
Because grenades!

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Honestly, if the intention is to wait for true stability, it will never got F2P. Even if it becomes fully stable pre-F2P, F2P will tax the game enough that we're sure to see further stability issues. All they can do is say, "screw it," go ahead and make it F2P, give the paid-players their Arkforge and Patron Pass, then work in stability post-F2P-launch. At least then it's one stability mess, rather than one then another.

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm just going to upgrade 2 weapons and then 90% sure I will break down everything in all my inventories.

cmpowell
08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm just going to upgrade 2 weapons and then 90% sure I will break down everything in all my inventories.

pretty sure I'm gonna do something similar soon too. Can't afford the up keep on these weapons anymore with the changes. maybe I will actually buy destiny and take a break from defiance in sept that 3 day affair I had with it was pretty fun

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 09:43 PM
pretty sure I'm gonna do something similar soon too. Can't afford the up keep on these weapons anymore with the changes. maybe I will actually buy destiny and take a break from defiance in sept that 3 day affair I had with it was pretty fun
Mine isn't the upkeep it's just that I don't care anymore. I want to care but Defiance has been replaced with Diablo III.

cmpowell
08-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Mine isn't the upkeep it's just that I don't care anymore. I want to care but Defiance has been replaced with Diablo III.

yep understand that. the caring part not the diablo III, lol

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 10:34 PM
yep understand that. the caring part not the diablo III, lol

Reaper of Souls in 8 days.

HIGH VOLTAGE59
08-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Originally i was stated when the game was going ftp that use old vets were getting
1000 arkforge
title old school
90 day patron pass
that is what trion posted when they announced the ftp why now is things changing do we still get the title will we get what was originally promised 90 day patron pass or was that just a little white lie i would like to see what was promised us players to begin with this was put out by trion in the first place and im sure im not the only person that remembers what was posted when you announced ftp back in june come on man give us what you originally told us you was giving us ol school dedicated players

konstantinov
08-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Originally i was stated when the game was going ftp that use old vets were getting
1000 arkforge
title old school
90 day patron pass
that is what trion posted when they announced the ftp why now is things changing do we still get the title will we get what was originally promised 90 day patron pass or was that just a little white lie i would like to see what was promised us players to begin with this was put out by trion in the first place and im sure im not the only person that remembers what was posted when you announced ftp back in june come on man give us what you originally told us you was giving us ol school dedicated players

I think it's just a 30 day pass.

Flank
08-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I can hardly wait for the influx of new people that we cannot communicate with because voice chat is still broken and text chat seems to only be working for some people. I know that this issue is being investigated, but it is terribly frustrating.

Yeah the Newbees gonna have a hard time with understanding our current communication barriers
And our standing situation with the issue.. is like everyone in the world is a Mute..

ColapsN7
08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
tnx u ma uyst Diablo III *EU All Languages :cool:.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 09:00 AM
I want to care but Defiance has been replaced with Diablo III.

D3 isn't an option, it already bored me to hell.

eirich_liath
08-11-2014, 09:20 AM
I played a bit last night.

And, I was amazed at what a ghost town it was!
Maybe my scrip wasn't good enough for ppl. I shouted out in zone that I was giving it away. Only 1 taker.

Really is sad. I loved the game this used to be!
Everyone on my friends list are playing other games.
Because grenades, and a slew of other reasons!

2 weeks ago, I had 30+ friends playing. 6-8 of those clan.
Last night, I had at its peak, 6 friends playing Defiance. 1 of those being clan. A shout in zone offering free scrip and weapons would have brought ppl to me in droves, a short time ago. The Company has finally succeeded in alienating nearly all that have brought this game this far along.

Stability, the main thing The Company should be devoting 100% of its time fixing, isn't "instantly profitable". So, is pushed back under the guise of "being constantly worked on".

Instead, they continue to push out more broken content and bad decisions that push ppl away. The loot drop, ark forge, and key code nerfs offer little in rewarding players for doing anything. The new "land mass" is boring as hell, not to mention how rough and unfinished it seems.

F2P will fail, with the game in the state it's in now.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 11:40 PM
I played a bit last night.

And, I was amazed at what a ghost town it was!
Maybe my scrip wasn't good enough for ppl. I shouted out in zone that I was giving it away. Only 1 taker.

Really is sad. I loved the game this used to be!
Everyone on my friends list are playing other games.
Because grenades, and a slew of other reasons!

2 weeks ago, I had 30+ friends playing. 6-8 of those clan.
Last night, I had at its peak, 6 friends playing Defiance. 1 of those being clan. A shout in zone offering free scrip and weapons would have brought ppl to me in droves, a short time ago. The Company has finally succeeded in alienating nearly all that have brought this game this far along.

Stability, the main thing The Company should be devoting 100% of its time fixing, isn't "instantly profitable". So, is pushed back under the guise of "being constantly worked on".

Instead, they continue to push out more broken content and bad decisions that push ppl away. The loot drop, ark forge, and key code nerfs offer little in rewarding players for doing anything. The new "land mass" is boring as hell, not to mention how rough and unfinished it seems.

F2P will fail, with the game in the state it's in now.

Just posted something similar in another thread, just not with so much words.
Tottally tuned with your post.

Death Gun
08-12-2014, 04:36 AM
hi, so? it's f2p now?

drackiller
08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
hi, so? it's f2p now?

I asked the same question a few minutes ago here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171345-Wasn-t-F2P-supposed-to-happen-today-on-PS3!

starshipindy
08-12-2014, 08:34 AM
What about the xbox?

Don't get excited. With all the problems their updates usually cause, you may not even be able to get on. :D

Xanxus
08-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Im from europe and still defiance is not f2p at ps store. some info about it?

adrokier
08-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Im from europe and still defiance is not f2p at ps store. some info about it?

Yes, paying customers on PS3 EU has no Voice Chat since 7 Days ^^... and F2P is announced for the 14th this months, No Voice Chat included ...

Quickfyre
08-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Xbox? Any news? Over a month and no word from devs or anyone...

dramaQkarri
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes, paying customers on PS3 EU has no Voice Chat since 7 Days ^^... and F2P is announced for the 14th this months, No Voice Chat included ...

yep still spotty voice chat...they "fixed" it but they don't know what that word means.

N3gativeCr33p
08-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Xbox? Any news? Over a month and no word from devs or anyone...

Consulting the Ouija board didn't yield any answers, either.

http://www.clintcatalyst.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/oui-ouija/dynamic/ouija-board-1970s-nggid03906-ngg0dyn-575x0x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.jpg

Iceberg
08-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Are you guys saying there is a lack of communication with regards to f2p??

dramaQkarri
08-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Are you guys saying there is a lack of communication with regards to f2p??

I'd say we're communicating just fine amongst ourselves...