PDA

View Full Version : TRION: Friends List Is Insufficient With 100 As Limit

Ozz
08-08-2014, 06:04 PM
I have sent you a number of requests to increase our friends list. For example, Clan Founders, Leaders, and Officers need it more than anyone, to effectively communicate to ALL their members. It would be far more appropriate to increase it to 1000 for Founders, 500 for Leaders and 200 for Officers.

crystal030405
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
edit pc nm

Durva360
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Dont get your hopes up, if console players have to deal with 100 so should you

Vega
08-08-2014, 06:09 PM
          

Darien
08-08-2014, 09:04 PM
It is not even a little bit appropriate to get a quality of life buff for only guild officers.

Friends lists should be larger though.

Darien
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Dont get your hopes up, if console players have to deal with 100 so should you

What console peasants have to deal with is not necessarily relevant to PC.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I have sent you a number of requests to increase our friends list. For example, Clan Founders, Leaders, and Officers need it more than anyone, to effectively communicate to ALL their members. It would be far more appropriate to increase it to 1000 for Founders, 500 for Leaders and 200 for Officers.
friends list are at 100 because of the players on xbox 360 can only have 100 friends, so its not going to change and trion has said it before.

Edit: i play on xbox 360 and i dont know about the friends list on ps3. but the above is what people at trion had said.

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Hah, peasants. Yes I'm a peasant because I could afford a gaming console. HILARIOUSSSSSSSSS

fighterpilot04
08-08-2014, 09:20 PM

if you want to talk FPS, racing sim, flight sim, then your pc supremecy might be viable, and i know because i own two fantastic pc's of my own built strictly for gaming. if you want to talk defiance, give it a rest. other than moderately better disconnect rates, the game is **** no matter what platform your on.

Darien
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Hah, peasants. Yes I'm a peasant because I could afford a gaming console. HILARIOUSSSSSSSSS

The PS4 has roughly the same benchmark scores as a graphics card from 2011. The Xbox One is even worse.

"So as we can see, PlayStation 4′s Pitcairn GPU is almost completely equivalent to the now obsolete HD 7850. The 7850 was priced at a price point of $200 and was an entry level GPU."
http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-ultimate-gpu-benchmark/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_7000_Series

You are a peasant because you think that gaming consoles are worth purchasing.

Peasant does not just mean "poor".
Webster: ": a usually uneducated person of low social status"

Gabrielle
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM

Love your eyes, my psn friend list is full but we should share a cookie.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0461/6361/products/cntrl_ps3_04_large.jpg?v=1398754852
Only peasants are allowed.

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Love your eyes, my psn friend list is full but we should share a cookie.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0461/6361/products/cntrl_ps3_04_large.jpg?v=1398754852
Only peasants are allowed.

Yeah being uneducated and all.

Durva360
08-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Hahaha you know there are multiple reasons behind getting a console instead of a pc. In my case a lot of the games I like arent on pc. Also majority of my friends on are xbox so who cares what platform someone chooses to play on?

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Hahaha you know there are multiple reasons behind getting a console instead of a pc. In my case a lot of the games I like arent on pc. Also majority of my friends on are xbox so who cares what platform someone chooses to play on?

Apparently you're making the uneducated decision.

Ozz
08-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Please keep this topic on track. It's about requesting of Trion to increase our friends list. Clan Founders like myself seriously need it to cater for better communication etc. Thank you :)

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Please keep this topic on track. It's about requesting of Trion to increase our friends list. Clan Founders like myself seriously need it to cater for better communication etc. Thank you :)

Well xbox and ps3 are limited by their respective companies. Best of luck though.

Chump Norris
08-08-2014, 10:09 PM
The PS4 has roughly the same benchmark scores as a graphics card from 2011. The Xbox One is even worse.

"So as we can see, PlayStation 4′s Pitcairn GPU is almost completely equivalent to the now obsolete HD 7850. The 7850 was priced at a price point of $200 and was an entry level GPU."
http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-ultimate-gpu-benchmark/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_7000_Series

You are a peasant because you think that gaming consoles are worth purchasing.

Peasant does not just mean "poor".
Webster: ": a usually uneducated person of low social status"

Why are you using your cool gaming PC to play a game that can run on peasant consoles?

I wont help derail this anymore. Sorry Ozz.

fighterpilot04
08-08-2014, 10:18 PM
i dont thin kthe friends list needs to be much bigger for defiance. my friend list is capped at 100, cuz that is all that peasants get. of that 100, 58 of those are my personal clan. the other 42 have been filled with people i play and trade with in defiance. of those 42, on any given night, i could log into psn (peasant system network, for those who dont know) and would see anywhere from 32-42 of them on defiance. in the last 3 days, when i log into the psn, i see 4-6 of those same people on defiance. i also see 10-15 of them on diablo 3, which will probably remain the same with the new expansion coming out in a few days. i see some on gta5, i see some back on call of duty, i see a few on netflix and amazon and hulu and crunchyroll. i see those 42 dedicated defiance names on everythign you can imagine except defiance. so i dont personally think defiance needs a bigger friend list, becaus ein a matter of weeks there wont be enough people on this phuqtard of a game to need a friend list larger than 100. in fact, my guess would be that you can have everyone in game, friend oe not, on a 100 person friend list, cuz that is all that will be left.

Ozz
08-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Clans give a lot of people a reason to play more and a sense of pride. If what you said be the case, then the current status of your in-game needs matches what you have chosen.

However, there are a number of aspects which influence the need for a larger friends list.

Friend To Everyone
Traders Need Contacts
Type Of Clan (PVE/PVP)
Size Of Clan
Clan Reputation

Each of these all weigh on the need to increase the Friends List. I am deleting old friends to add new members quite often, which I would rather not do but have to.

fighterpilot04
08-08-2014, 11:30 PM
first off, i know your name from these forums, and i got a ton of respect for you ozz.

second, i have had my personal clan since november 20, 2007. we have about 140 members, and knew from day one we cudnt have em all on our ps3 friends list. we have learned to work around that.

third, i have added and deleted hundreds of names since i started playing defiance, just for trading purposes. the majority of my extra people outside of my rl clan are my defiance clan.

lastly, i may have sounded crass and disrespectful, but it wasnt meant personally. i just meant that watching my personal, although small, friend list, this game is dying. F2P isnt going to save it. after the last patch, nothing is. this game has been shot in the gut. its gonna hurt, its not gonna be quick, but its going to die.

KasperSheitup
08-09-2014, 02:00 AM
This wont happen. Like other people said it's because of the console limitations.
Most of what is holding Defiance back is because of consoles (and poor decisions in general).
I can live with it but it's fact.

Ozz
08-09-2014, 02:24 AM
"Faith Can Move Mountains"

If you have the will and don't give up, in the blink of an eye this obstacle can be improved. Just because something was said yesterday (Past Tense), doesn't mean it won't and can't be done today, because with everyday, changes come as do the seasons, which we all dress appropriately for. What worked yesterday, doesn't work now.

People don't like change, because their are risks involved. However, change can bring prosperity and/or despair ! If everything was as rigid as that, progress, development, efficiency and fluency would be bywords of the past. Without change, taking risks, and good management, growth and prosperity become further out of reach and a possible end to a good thing.

KasperSheitup
08-09-2014, 02:28 AM
Keep trying I wont stand in your way but be realistic about it.
It's not like they have a great history of listening to what their playerbase wants. At least it doesn't feel that way.

I'd love a bigger friends list since I regularly have to clear mine out from all the people that starts playing, joins our clan and then realizes that the game is not for them. So everyone that hasn't played in 14 days or more is removed, nothing personal I just lack space.

Ozz
08-09-2014, 02:34 AM
At least my reply drew from you one important point for Trion to see: "I'd love a bigger friends list ... "

fighterpilot04
08-09-2014, 03:05 AM
At least my reply drew from you one important point for Trion to see: "I'd love a bigger friends list ... "

i think i owe you an apology ozz. your original point was overlooked on my part, and im truly sorry.

i do want a bigger friends list. i need more than 100

and i got it

on ps4

its like 1000 or 2000 or some **** like that

which is gonna be really nice

on Destiny

drackiller
08-09-2014, 04:19 AM

I`m a console peasant and i can have more than 100 friends in my list.
Who`s the peasant now !? ;)

drackiller
08-09-2014, 04:22 AM
i think i owe you an apology ozz. your original point was overlooked on my part, and im truly sorry.

i do want a bigger friends list. i need more than 100

and i got it

on ps4

its like 1000 or 2000 or some **** like that

which is gonna be really nice

on Destiny

1000 in the Vita and 2000 on the PS4, wich means that your PS3 is not limited anymore to the 100 friends.
I have way more than 100 friends on my PS3.

Ozz
08-09-2014, 05:50 AM
If PC's can accommodate for extra friends on their list, why should that option be withheld, when Sony and Microsoft cannot or will not provide that capability for consoles users.

Trion could give a complimentary gift, to show their understanding of the limitations consoles players face. This may give some form of appreciation and satisfaction knowing you weren't forgotten. With that said, if PC's were granted a generous increase of their friends list, it may encourage some console players to do the change over to PC. It wouldn't be appropriate to give something to one and not the others. Fairness has to be shared around equally in value.

I didn't know of the limitations consoles face, until it was mentioned in this post. I'm sorry that it falls short of acceptable. I don't judge or degrade console users. At the end of the day, you all managed to get what you could afford or were comfortable with according to your circumstances.

When Trion can empathize with everyone's concerns and limitations regarding this game, only then can faith be restored in them, as long as they are willing to maintain it.

Etaew
08-09-2014, 07:11 AM
As much as I'm annoyed at the moment having to delete people off my list. I can live with limitations (it's only fair), but there needs to be appropriate feedback.

Some examples:
- If people can't add you as a friend, they should get a message telling them why.
- If people try to add you as a friend and can't, you should get a message telling you why.
(currently they send an invite out, and it appears that you ignore them)

Belle Starr
08-09-2014, 07:52 AM
What is the purpose of a friends list? Is to just be able to keep track and communicate with the in-game friends you have? Or is it to make new friends to play with? I would think both in a social game that promotes teamwork like Defiance, but my knowledge and experience of MMOs is admittedly limited. :)

So how do you decide who to delete from your friends list? I like to play with my clan, and as a leader, I like to take less experienced or new clan mates and show them ropes if they want me to, which I have done even before I was a clan leader. Our clan leader (who is OZZ, full disclosure there) likes us to be able to be in contact with all our clan members, but I have a lot of friends who are not in the clan who I like playing with. Back before WM had a time cap put on (yes I was a - lock keeper!), I used to have a list of those I knew loved WM and I let then know when one was available. I still try to contact them if I can, and I did it through the friends list. I have another group of friends who I just like to hang out with and chat between playing (and sometimes during) where we can tell each other ribald jokes that are perhaps not appropriate for clan chat. Then I have people who I just meet, in games or on the forums, who would like to be friends., and some of them are still friends. Who do I say no to? :(

Currently I have system that if they haven't logged on to Defiance in a certain amount of time, they are cut. Because of the 100 cap and the number of requests, that is currently only a week. If someone doesn't log in in seven days, I cut them - mercilessly and with few exceptions. (I kept Coyote Clive on my list because he is a good friend I always thought he would come back and he did :D ) However, I had a clan mate just last night who returned after a long bout of illness I didn't know about, and I had cut him, and he was very upset. I added him back, but I felt bad that I had hurt his feelings in the first place. As I've said on many other threads, games shouldn't make you feel bad. So how do you decide who to cut? :confused:

I don't much about the whole PC versus Console fight over limitations, and to each their own I say, but if there is a limitation of 100, could we have two lists, 100 each, one for clan and one for friends? We can already split chat up to clan, area, zone, etc.? That would up the number to 200 for all players, and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Just an idea, but one I hope somebody at Trion might consider. It would make me happy! :cool:

PS -Etaew makes some great points Trion! Let's do what he suggests too! :D

drackiller
08-09-2014, 09:15 AM
If PC's can accommodate for extra friends on their list, why should that option be withheld, when Sony and Microsoft cannot or will not provide that capability for consoles users.

Trion could give a complimentary gift, to show their understanding of the limitations consoles players face. This may give some form of appreciation and satisfaction knowing you weren't forgotten. With that said, if PC's were granted a generous increase of their friends list, it may encourage some console players to do the change over to PC. It wouldn't be appropriate to give something to one and not the others. Fairness has to be shared around equally in value.

I didn't know of the limitations consoles face, until it was mentioned in this post. I'm sorry that it falls short of acceptable. I don't judge or degrade console users. At the end of the day, you all managed to get what you could afford or were comfortable with according to your circumstances.

When Trion can empathize with everyone's concerns and limitations regarding this game, only then can faith be restored in them, as long as they are willing to maintain it.

People buy consoles for comfort mostly, not by other things i think...
And the friends list on the consoles are self imposed i guess, i have more than 100 friends on my PS3 list...

drackiller
08-09-2014, 09:27 AM
So how do you decide who to delete from your friends list? ...
Currently I have system that if they haven't logged on to Defiance in a certain amount of time, they are cut. Because of the 100 cap and the number of requests, that is currently only a week. If someone doesn't log in in seven days, I cut them - mercilessly and with few exceptions....

(I kept Coyote Clive on my list because he is a good friend I always thought he would come back and he did :D ) ...

However, I had a clan mate just last night who returned after a long bout of illness I didn't know about, and I had cut him, and he was very upset. I added him back, but I felt bad that I had hurt his feelings in the first place. As I've said on many other threads, games shouldn't make you feel bad. So how do you decide who to cut? :confused:

I

Clearly this really must be your first game online in a console...

I don`t delete friends if they are not playing Defiance because i have frieds that i made playing other games.

Not trying to criticize but friends don`t come by the duzens, if you delete one friends after seven days of not playing Defiance , then you never were friends.

I have friends on my PS3 list that dates b4 the PS3, Friends that i played with on the PS2 when there was no PS3.
When i bought my PS3 on day one, some of those friends didn`t bought the console all along, but when they did i invited them to my friends list.
Most of them are still with me after more than 10 years, some don`t play the same games i do, but i would never delete them.

Friends are hard to get, if you let them go loosely, then they are not your friends, they are just game aquaintants...

That is why this game should have an internal friends list, or what people have been asking for long, a clan friends list...

Belle Starr
08-09-2014, 09:48 AM

I don`t delete friends if they are not playing Defiance because i have frieds that i made playing other games.

Not trying to criticize but friends don`t come by the duzens, if you delete one friends after seven days of not playing Defiance , then you never were friends.

I have friends on my PS3 list that dates b4 the PS3, Friends that i played with on the PS2 when there was no PS3.
When i bought my PS3 on day one, some of those friends didn`t bought the console all along, but when they did i invited them to my friends list.
Most of them are still with me after more than 10 years, some don`t play the same games i do, but i would never delete them.

Friends are hard to get, if you let them go loosely, then they are not your friends, they are just game aquaintants...

That is why this game should have an internal friends list, or what people have been asking for long, a clan friends list...

I'm not saying I like doing it, and I agree, I just don't know what to do in the present situation and yes it is my first MMO ( I don't count DC Universe, because I pretty much played it solo). It started with deleting after 30 days, then 21 days, the - well you get it! :(

Heck, half the time I don' t even know who I am deleting because I know people by their character names and Trion list then on the friends list by player name when they are not on line :(

Give me a solution that I can put into action now without Trion's list, don't condemn me because I'm trying to cope with a bad situation! Believe me, I KNOW friends are hard to make and it hurts me every time I delete one from my list, but give me an alternative Mister Drackiller or Trion or somebody, please! :(

Oh, as my description below says, I play PC/NA not console! :(

And I think that was my point: we need a separate friends and clan list, each 100 long. You cut that from what you quoted from my post and thereby missed the point :)

drackiller
08-09-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm not saying I like doing it, and I agree, I just don't know what to do in the present situation and yes it is my first MMO ( I don't count DC Universe, because I pretty much played it solo). It started with deleting after 30 days, then 21 days, the - well you get it! :(

Heck, half the time I don' t even know who I am deleting because I know people by their character names and Trion list then on the friends list by player name when they are not on line :(

Give me a solution that I can put into action now without Trion's list, don't condemn me because I'm trying to cope with a bad situation! Believe me, I KNOW friends are hard to make and it hurts me every time I delete one from my list, but give me an alternative Mister Drackiller or Trion or somebody, please! :(

Oh, as my description below says, I play PC/NA not console! :(

And I think that was my point: we need a separate friends and clan list, each 100 long. You cut that from what you quoted from my post and thereby missed the point :)

I totally understand your point of view and i also know that it is very complicated to manage this kind of situations...sadly :(

hardy83
08-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Yup.
File this under "Blame it on the console makers" lol.
People thought the 100 friend limit on consoles was stupid even before games like this, so yeah. It's no surprise the game, even on PC has to deal with this stupid restriction.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
( I don't count DC Universe, because I pretty much played it solo).

Ouch, you did yourself a huge disservice... that game did raid content much better than we have here.

rawmelon
08-09-2014, 11:13 AM
I hate to offend anyone but really we are in this together lets not fight over platforms and lets face it everyone has preferances and I am not taking sides by pointing towards a pc players comment, lets just stay on track everyone like ozz says friend lists need to be larger for clan superiors so as to efficiently communicate with their juniors(non promoted clan members).

Darien
08-09-2014, 12:29 PM

"Friend" is a catch-all term when used in the context of friends lists in online games.

It is more of a "Anyone who I cannot afford to forget exists, regardless of the reason" list.

Etaew
08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
A lot of my "friends" can go after the jumping to clan member feature works correctly :)

ironcladtrash
08-09-2014, 08:34 PM

As others said I agree with you it needs increased but for everyone. I am always deleting people that haven't been on in awhile. Recently a lot have came back and been adding them again.

"Friend" is a catch-all term when used in the context of friends lists in online games.

It is more of a "Anyone who I cannot afford to forget exists, regardless of the reason" list.

I can understand that otherwise with your warm personality it could be a ghost town.

drackiller
08-10-2014, 12:47 AM

I`m a very anti social person but, one thing i know, i don`t forget my friends and i made some during my years playing.
I have in my PSN list over than 80 people that i don`t play for alot of time now but they are people whit whoom i keep in touch using the PSN.
And yes, all over the life span of the PS3 i must have deleted five times more players that i currently have on my list.
People we met and ask to be friends in a list is not the same thing as to be a real friend, they are game aquaintants, they ask to be friends because they need something and when they get what they want ,they just go away.
That`s not friendship, it`s convenience.

It happens that i made some friends playing this game and some are not in my friends list, never the less i consider them friends inside this game.

I`m a VETERAN of all COD games in the PS3 , Co founder of a COD clan since COD4. Yup, this must be my first online game for sure.

Ozz
08-10-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm just fed up with having to remove so many friends whom I have known since the beginning of the game, just so that I can add new members to my clan and have them on my friends list.

Ozz
08-11-2014, 11:48 AM
It is vital for all clans to have every member on their friends list. It is clans, who also give many players a reason to be a part of and a sense of pride regarding who they represent. We clans give this game reputation, appeal and flavor. If we founders cannot cater for the influx of members exceeding 100, it breaks down communication and people become disappointed. Clans are a big part of any game and need every tool available to them to maintain interest in their members. Clan Founders are well aware of the limitations they have regarding the "Friends List". When we have the right tools in place, then we can grow and function more effectively and efficiently.

ironcladtrash
08-11-2014, 11:53 AM
bump ,,,,,,,,,,,,

While I want a larger friends list for everyone I would be careful about bumping threads. It is technically against their COC. They said before we could bump the clan threads and trading threads but that was it.

Ozz
08-11-2014, 12:34 PM
While I want a larger friends list for everyone I would be careful about bumping threads. It is technically against their COC. They said before we could bump the clan threads and trading threads but that was it.

Thanks Dods for your concern, but when I believe in something very strongly, I don't give up despite the cost. If this is what it will take to bring changes to a game we all love so much, then I'm "No Barres Hold". If they ban me from everything, for standing up for everyone, so be it. At least I have taken hold of the bull by its horns and demand satisfaction, fairness and respect to all.

ironcladtrash
08-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks Dods for your concern, but when I believe in something very strongly, I don't give up despite the cost. If this is what it will take to bring changes to a game we all love so much.

Fair enough I just didn't want to see you run the risk of getting in trouble by asking for something most of us want.

Ozz
08-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Fair enough I just didn't want to see you run the risk of getting in trouble by asking for something most of us want.
Hehe, All good my friend :)

Ozz
08-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Trion, is there any possibility of this happening in the near future ?