PDA

View Full Version : damage nerf?

Crimson_King
08-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm finding that I'm doing almost no damage to "formidable" level enemies and above. Was our weapon damage nerfed in the patch?

I'm currently running 2 loadouts with these weapons. Even my explosives take off less than a pixel on an enemy's health bar.

http://i59.tinypic.com/35c2wpt.png
http://i60.tinypic.com/f9jdw6.png
http://i62.tinypic.com/2rdg180.png

Eugenitor
08-08-2014, 06:28 PM
If you're using a weapon with an EGO level 600 below your own, your damage is going to be absolutely destroyed.

If you're fighting Formidable-level enemies without a high Threat Level to temporarily boost your EGO, your damage is going to be effectively zilch.

Crimson_King
08-08-2014, 06:31 PM
I didn't realize my weapon would get weaker as I levelled. I thought the damage would stay the same.

So am I going to have to hope for another drop or can I level my weapon some how?

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Yea that saw and especially the lobber are going to be pretty worthless when the threat level cranks up.

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 06:35 PM
You can level them up with arkforge my good man.
Available at a friendly and courteous bit store near you.
Tell 'em Jim sent you!

Fuzzy
08-08-2014, 06:36 PM
I didn't realize my weapon would get weaker as I levelled. I thought the damage would stay the same.

So am I going to have to hope for another drop or can I level my weapon some how?

You can use Arkforge to level up your weapons in 100 increments.
At your ego level, I wouldn't suggest on doing that, only if you really have a unicorn gun which is worth it (In your opinion of course).
Also notice, the higher tier your weapon is (green, blue, purple, orange), the more expensive it will be to level it up with Arkforge.

Crimson_King
08-08-2014, 06:36 PM
I was hoping buying the game was all the money I needed to spend.

Crimson_King
08-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Would levelling my orange weapon be worth it? I was told that was the highest tier in rarity.

ironcladtrash
08-08-2014, 06:41 PM
I was hoping buying the game was all the money I needed to spend.

You can earn arkforge in game with out spending money just by doing events like Arkfalls. However you earn it really slow and at low ego level it really isn't worth it to spend the arkforge on upgrading weapons. Besides until you get to EGO 1000 weapons will be missing a white bonus roll too.

Keep going to the vendors and looking for half way decent drops to use.

Eugenitor
08-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Leveling your orange weapon is only good if you have 50 AF to blow per 100 EGO. (Spoilers: You don't)

Leveling up beyond your weapon doesn't directly lower your damage. However (more experienced players, please tell me if I have this wrong), if you have a weapon 600 below you, it's always 600 below you, even when your EGO is temporarily boosted, such as in high Threat Levels or PVP. So, yes- in many, many situations, you do less damage.

Lower-tier weapons are much cheaper to level, although it's STILL extremely hard with the latest, ridiculous, nerfs to how much Arkforge you get for doing major things.

Face it: Those purples and oranges, unless they have very particular synergies, are effectively vendor trash.

Deunan
08-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Would levelling my orange weapon be worth it? I was told that was the highest tier in rarity.Not really. Almost any weapon you get until you are EGO 1000 is going to be missing the Common (white) bonus and the rarity bonus stats on that SAW, while not bad, are far from ideal. On top of that it has the electrical nano-effect which will mean that it does 50% less damage against the health of mobs. With most mobs lacking any shields to take advantage of 50% damage increase against shields it's of limited utility and not worth spending 50 Arkforge every 100 Ego levels to upgrade the power rating.

Crimson_King
08-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Alright then, thanks for the help everyone.

It's a shame there isn't an auction house to sell those loot off.

Chump Norris
08-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I suggest you just buy blue weapons from the hidden vendors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gJJhyd6UM

You should save your forge till you hit EGO 5k-5.5k imo.