PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying really hard...to simply play the damn game...

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:16 PM
So...8th attempt at patching since the silicon valley expansion. 4th time I've deleted all defiance files completely.
XB360 NA. No successful attempts so far.

If this doesn't work tonight, I'm hanging up the gloves and retiring. Dammit Trion....

Alastar
08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I already swore to myself that the next time I have to delete everything to reinstall for a patch I'm just deleting everything and dusting my hands of it. Notworth all that aggravation and time.

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:20 PM
And now I'm seeing "recovering manifest" in the patcher...never seen that before. Anyone familiar with that? A good sign maybe?

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I may just hang on long enough for F2P to hit the consoles, just to film a creative way to destroy the disc, and post to YouTube...

Alastar
08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Doesn't sound familiar to me but then when I'm repatching I flick my controller every 10 minutes and am watching TV. I'd have put a bullet in the disc if I sat there and watched it patch :p

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Boots! I've been wondering where you've been.

I quit a few days ago, and never even bothered doing the new 'missions'. If you manage to get the game working, let me know and I'll spin it long enough for us to drive around together and knock them out. I'll just sit in the car and keep it running if you wanna play step-fetch A,B,C.

Or versa-vice. Doesn't really matter.

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Boots! I've been wondering where you've been.

I quit a few days ago, and never even bothered doing the new 'missions'. If you manage to get the game working, let me know and I'll spin it long enough for us to drive around together and knock them out. I'll just sit in the car and keep it running if you wanna play step-fetch A,B,C.

Or versa-vice. Doesn't really matter.

At this point, I genuinely appreciate the offer. But it may be time to move clan gatherings to another game...any suggestions?

Covington
08-08-2014, 07:31 PM
We got booted so many times we are on Steam playing Demos and trials - hell we might get lucky and find the next call of duty or halo.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Destiny. :p Saw you the other day Lillith when I was doing the drive stop drive missions lol

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Ph ucking seriously....hard freeze while patching. Just kill me now.

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 07:42 PM
At this point, I genuinely appreciate the offer. But it may be time to move clan gatherings to another game...any suggestions?

Something to fill four week's worth of time? Not sure. I still think having everybody pile into Red Dead together would be worth its weight in alcohol. Then Grif and I can be appalled at the humor, while listening to self-proclaimed fat guys argue over which one's the fattest, with erratic gunfire and spaghetti western music playing. I love full clan chat sessions.

Defiance has become so ironic at this point, that it's like having a parent beat you.

With trophies you've earned.

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Destiny. :p Saw you the other day Lillith when I was doing the drive stop drive missions lol

Sorry if I ran away or drove off. I'm always in full stranger danger mode.

Covington
08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
two of my clan are still playing - one being my wife I laughing at all the glitches and they are now playing just to record the fubar that Defi is - and this on on PC NOT our bought copies on Ps3... oh wait as I type it booted her.

And now I laugh the laugh and dance the dance of "i told you so".

http://fredsmythe.com/uploaded_images/colbertCalledIt-713038.jpg

wanted to post the Colbert "who wants seconds" but the devs here hate me already...

Alastar
08-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Waitaminit.....Christine!!! =0 Also Z did it hard freeze on Verifying patched contents?

Alastar
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Sorry if I ran away or drove off. I'm always in full stranger danger mode.

Actually it was in chat. You started posting something like poetry I think and I said Trion broke Lillith :(

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Something to fill four week's worth of time? Not sure. I still think having everybody pile into Red Dead together would be worth its weight in alcohol. Then Grif and I can be appalled at the humor, while listening to self-proclaimed fat guys argue over which one's the fattest, with erratic gunfire and spaghetti western music playing. I love full clan chat sessions.

Defiance has become so ironic at this point, that it's like having a parent beat you.

With trophies you've earned.

Fyi...in Red Dead I have one rule. I use donkeys exclusively as my mount, and deliver swift termination upon reaching said destination. Other than that, I'm a team player.

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Actually it was in chat. You started posting something like poetry I think and I said Trion broke Lillith :(

Oh yeah, I remember you.

Yeah, I was pretty raw and depressed at that moment over the game.

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Fyi...in Red Dead I have one rule. I use donkeys exclusively as my mount, and deliver swift termination upon reaching said destination. Other than that, I'm a team player.

ohmygod, MY SIDES

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 07:59 PM
ohmygod, MY SIDES

At the end of the day, their just meat with a seat.

Amack
08-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I sense drunk people.

Covington
08-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I sense drunk people.

This game does drive people there...

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Nah....dead sober. Just playin around.

Lillith Valerian
08-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Nah....dead sober. Just playin around.

Yeah, same here.

I very, very rarely drink. As in, just a few (as in count on one hand) times a year. The last couple times were this year, and just happened to be clan related.

So, yeah. Defiance drives me to drinking.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I sense drunk people.

I am not drunk ser. I'm less than sober :p

ArkHunter Z
08-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Yeah, same here.

I very, very rarely drink. As in, just a few (as in count on one hand) times a year. The last couple times were this year, and just happened to be clan related.

So, yeah. Defiance drives me to drinking.

Well....my XBL Gamertag is Captain3Beers....it doesn't take much...I'm a lightweight.

Bentu
08-09-2014, 02:48 AM
So...8th attempt at patching since the silicon valley expansion. 4th time I've deleted all defiance files completely.

If this doesn't work tonight, I'm hanging up the gloves and retiring. Dammit Trion....

Try deleting Defiance from your system cache, it could be corrupted.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 06:01 AM

Ph ucking seriously....hard freeze while patching. Just kill me now.

http://antiqueshopsinohio.com/definance/defiance_town/welcome_sign_defiance.jpg

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 06:35 AM
http://antiqueshopsinohio.com/definance/defiance_town/welcome_sign_defiance.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wWpu984.jpg?1

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Haven't seen a critical screen since Thursday... which happens to be the last time I tried playing this game. lol

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Haven't seen a critical screen since Thursday... which happens to be the last time I tried playing this game. lol

Lagged out twice trying to do a Darkmatter Major this AM, gave up and did a vendor check.

Not only is the loot non-existent now, so are the events.

I'm glad the powers that be have their priorities straight. You can make lots of money from an unplayable mess.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 06:59 AM
Lagged out twice trying to do a Darkmatter Major this AM, gave up and did a vendor check.

Not only is the loot non-existent now, so are the events.

I'm glad the powers that be have their priorities straight. You can make lots of money from an unplayable mess.

I just fired up my 360 and was going to play some Defiance... but then I only saw two people on my friends list playing, and then I turned it back off.

I think I'll just go mow the lawn instead.

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 07:02 AM
I just fired up my 360 and was going to play some Defiance... but then I only saw two people on my friends list playing, and then I turned it back off.

I think I'll just go mow the lawn instead.

There's one person on my friends list now, the last time I played with him he told me the game was broken. Now I talk to him just about every day in Vent and he always asks me if Trion has bothered to fix "my game" yet.

The answer is always "no".

It's just about impossible for me to play a hot-key MMO, though.