PDA

View Full Version : I Used to Be an Ark Hunter

OverDoneOne
08-09-2014, 01:18 AM
I used to be an Ark Hunter and it was fun and profitable, I had keys for buying boxes and arkforge for upgrading my weapons and shields and a few times during a play session I might get legendry weapons and shields from drops and or boxes. But if I didn't, I could use my Arkforge skills to upgrade any weapon or shield into a Legendry if I really wanted to.

But then the Silcone Valley expansion came out and I was forced to become a Grid Hunter. My ark hunter days were over since the decreased drop rates on keys and arkforge were so nill that it only made sense to hunt grids for completing the grid pursuits. The truth of the matter Defiance became a grind game that centers around buying bits n bribes and boosts. Sad but True and the encrypton has destoried one of the greatest crafting features that Defiance had the abilty to make any weapon or shield into a legendry.

All of this has forced me really to take a long hard look at Defiance which made me realise that spending anymore cash in this game would be a waste and just playing it now and then as a casual player is the only way to go.

Fabiano Batista
08-09-2014, 01:56 AM
I know how is this feeling. I can't find anything useful to do atm....

Ozz
08-09-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm sure another company would welcome our clientele and the amount of money we have spent on this game, including respect.

OverDoneOne
08-09-2014, 02:07 AM
I know how is this feeling. I can't find anything useful to do atm....

Yeah its kind of depressing what was once fun is now nothing more than a grind.

BTW The only thing I can see that this encryption has done is to make Orange weapons and shields Rare again, other than that it's all bad and has taken a lot of the fun out of the game.

Yrkul
08-09-2014, 02:39 AM
I used to be an Ark Hunter.....
... like you. But then I took a patch to the knee.

Now my cousin's out fighting monoliths, And what do I get? Guard duty!

Allocater
08-09-2014, 02:50 AM
They say this change was for the new F2P players, but I am one of them. I usually plan to do 1 or 2 main mission or a season mission per day (I still have them to complete) but when I saw there was an Arkfall or Incursion event, I just could not resist going there and trying to score high to get this sweet sweet Arkforge. I never used a single Arkforge but somehow I felt that it is an important resource, that it was worth something and I enjoyed getting it for later. I even once scored 200,000 points and got 20 Arkforge, that was amazing!

Now the map it full of these events and I just don't care. I will continue the main and season mission to see all story and content and then... I don't know.

Amack
08-09-2014, 02:51 AM
All of this has forced me really to take a long hard look at Defiance which made me realise that spending anymore cash in this game would be a waste and just playing it now and then as a casual player is the only way to go.

We're all frucking doomed! Slic, we can't lose you. Who will pay for teh new servers?

Derek Sharper
08-09-2014, 02:57 AM
The only thing I can see that this encryption has done is to make Orange weapons and shields Rare again

They drop in T2 lockboxes like candy; Of course if you have they keys... oh wait...

Yhou
08-09-2014, 03:09 AM
I used to be an Ark Hunter and it was fun and profitable, I had keys for buying boxes and arkforge for upgrading my weapons and shields and a few times during a play session I might get legendry weapons and shields from drops and or boxes. But if I didn't, I could use my Arkforge skills to upgrade any weapon or shield into a Legendry if I really wanted to.

But then the Silcone Valley expansion came out and I was forced to become a Grid Hunter. My ark hunter days were over since the decreased drop rates on keys and arkforge were so nill that it only made sense to hunt grids for completing the grid pursuits. The truth of the matter Defiance became a grind game that centers around buying bits n bribes and boosts. Sad but True and the encrypton has destoried one of the greatest crafting features that Defiance had the abilty to make any weapon or shield into a legendry.

i thought it was strange that i wasnt geting many keys

duction
08-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I used to be a Ark Hunter like you, then I took a nerf in the knee

fighterpilot04
08-09-2014, 04:17 AM
Yeah its kind of depressing what was once fun is now nothing more than a grind.

BTW The only thing I can see that this encryption has done is to make Orange weapons and shields Rare again, other than that it's all bad and has taken a lot of the fun out of the game.

wait a minute. i really gotta ask. and im sorry if this is a little personal, but WHAT PART OF THIS GAME WAS EVER FUN ENOUGH TO SPEND 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS ON IT???? do you have a vbi assault with 5 damage rolls? and why do care about rare things in game? for 10k you should have 2 of everything ever made, with the best rolls you can get.

with the money you kep talking about, the only person that should be postin any disappointment on these forums should be your accountant and his disappointment in your financial decisions

MadMoxxiFavGun
08-09-2014, 04:27 AM
I use to be an ark hunter, then i took the red pill.

RobDaCool
08-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Why do you have to be an Arkhunter? Thought this was an RPG? why can't I be a bandit or raider or even a shopkeeper? I've watched the show, not everyone is an Arkhunter.

hiban
08-09-2014, 06:05 AM
Same here. Before, i used to do lots of events, the rewards were worth it.
But now that the rewars have been nerfed, there is no sense of doing events anymore.

My play sessions now have become the following:
Launch game, place mark of the Defiant, recover Tarr Trax crate, and go to Silicon Valley to look for Grid events for the pursuits until i get bored, which is fast, because there is only one or two other people there.

I don't even check the weapon drops because they will surely be encrypted items. So unless it is purple or orange, i just ignore them. I don't even grab them to sell at the vendor. It's not even worth the time.

When there is much more going on in the forums than in the game, then something is wrong with the game.

alred
08-09-2014, 06:10 AM

Since I returned a few weeks ago, all I've been doing is hanging out at Iron Demon Ranch and hitting the emergencies that pop up there. When I get bored with that, I'll head down the road and do a few emergencies that pop up, or an ark fall or two. I finally opened up all the gunslinger arenas [have yet to get them all silver or fold though]. Haven't really played all the Casti arenas as of yet. I've visited Silicon valley, and thought it an ok place. I dropped in a couple of emergencies with 1 other person, and it was the same old thing. So currently, I'm just doing the "Mad Max" thing, driving around and rescuing farmers at emergencies. E-rep emergncies I just ignore. I wish Trion would allow us to kill E-rep.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2014, 06:12 AM
When there is much more going on in the forums than in the game, then something is wrong with the game.

I've heard this mentioned in the past... huh...

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 06:23 AM
We have all this new content! So they nerfed the loot a little I think you guys are missing the point. This game needs to move forward, this game needs to have all kinds of new things for

http://i.imgur.com/wWpu984.jpg?1

Perchta
08-09-2014, 06:42 AM
As a new player (EGO ~3000) after playing for about a week I liked Defiance so wanted to support Trion so I did by buying the 5 DLC Bundle and the Hunter Pack. Now over a span of another 2 weeks Trion has destroyed much of what I found entertaining in Defiance. So much so that I really regret spending money in the game store and should I stay for awhile I will never spend another dime in the store.

Had considered the Trove Alpha purchase since it sort of reminds of me Minecraft which I was an investor in. But not sure any Trion venture is worth it at this point.

Etaew
08-09-2014, 07:05 AM
I was forced to become a Grid Hunter.

I totally feel this way, given the state of the Emergency Grid II (http://www.defiancedata.com/pursuit.php?id=163) and Grid Master III (http://www.defiancedata.com/pursuit.php?id=164) pursuits. The rewards are underwhelming too :(

Etaew
08-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Why do you have to be an Arkhunter? Thought this was an RPG? why can't I be a bandit or raider or even a shopkeeper? I've watched the show, not everyone is an Arkhunter.

Having the missions and campaign all of us have the same origin and ending.
- Oh you were on the New Freedom with Nolan and Irisa? Me too!
- Oh you defeated Nim? Me too!
- Oh you helped Varus and his Adreno market? Me too! (but this isn't in my character)

I'd really like to have had the opportunity to create and play a character my way.

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Having the missions and campaign all of us have the same origin and ending.
- Oh you were on the New Freedom with Nolan and Irisa? Me too!
- Oh you defeated Nim? Me too!
- Oh you helped Varus and his Adreno market? Me too! (but this isn't in my character)

I'd really like to have had the opportunity to create and play a character my way.

The logistics of designing the game you want would be enormous.

People tout SWG for that, but they conveniently forget that whole professions were simply broken.

It would be really cool in this game world, but Defiance would have to be a completely different kind of game for it to work.

I, for one, don't want to play a shopkeeper in a shooter. That could never turn out well.

RobDaCool
08-09-2014, 07:55 AM
The logistics of designing the game you want would be enormous.

People tout SWG for that, but they conveniently forget that whole professions were simply broken.

It would be really cool in this game world, but Defiance would have to be a completely different kind of game for it to work.

I, for one, don't want to play a shopkeeper in a shooter. That could never turn out well.

Yes some professions where broken, I mastered 31 of them ( This game has 1 -Arkhunter) but it did give you more to do then mindlessly killing things in the almighty pursuit of loot.

Maybe I'd like more in a game then killing things all the time. I'm old fashioned like that I suppose.

Ruinne
08-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes some professions where broken, I mastered 31 of them ( This game has 1 -Arkhunter) but it did give you more to do then mindlessly killing things in the almighty pursuit of loot.

Maybe I'd like more in a game then killing things all the time. I'm old fashioned like that I suppose.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea in general, but in a game with Defiance' mechanics, it just doesn't work. You could have to design two completely different (or more) sets of game mechanics and then squish them together in a single product. SWG had muddy, slow moving mechanics that could be applied to anything.

konstantinov
08-09-2014, 10:00 AM
I used to be a Ark Hunter like you, then I took a nerf in the knee

How'd you get knee capped if guns are illegal in the UK?

drackiller
08-09-2014, 10:08 AM

That is why they are called illegal ;)

konstantinov
08-09-2014, 10:12 AM
That is why they are called illegal ;)

Could it have been a knife?

drackiller
08-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Could it have been a knife?

Or an arrow, it`s Robin Hood country after all ;)

Dukhat
08-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Better yet, do not play it.

duction
08-09-2014, 10:33 AM

i didnt say gun, and no not all guns are illegal in the UK, Shottys and Rifles are legal.

konstantinov
08-09-2014, 10:33 AM
i didnt say gun, and no not all guns are illegal in the UK, Shottys and Rifles are legal.

Oh I see. Kind of hard to conceal those though eh?

duction
08-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Oh I see. Kind of hard to conceal those though eh?

think thats the point,

3rdpig
08-09-2014, 07:04 PM
I used to play Defiance, now I just post on the forums.

Mercy Killing
08-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I guess I should feel fortunate to have not spent money on this game since before the Casti DLC came out then, eh?

Ozz
08-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Bump ,,,,,,,,,,

OverDoneOne
08-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Better yet, do not play it.

I still like Defiance in a way but it's just not the way it used to be. Maybe I got spoiled by the upgrade system before silicon valley maybe it was the ability to get enough keys to buy a T4 lockbox now and then or maybe it was the ability to get enough arkforge to upgraded my weapons and shield keeping them up with my lvl.

Quit Defiance I think not, I have too much time and RL Money invested to just walk away.

OverDoneOne
08-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Oh a couple of things I forgot to mention such as trion's law of give an take. Since day one of Defiance I have noticed trion will put stuff in the game like features and weapons and whatnot and then come back and nerf them down to the point of them being useless or just a joke. Case in point the upgrade system or the key drops or arkforge drops before silicon valley.

Now this have been very detrimental to the game being a whole new player mind set has evolved and many many players are now taking the car or truck with the most hit points they can get and just ramming into a couple things at an emergency or events just to tag it and get a few points and they just leave it then and collect the rewards when the other players finish it.

This has been caused by trion killing the drop rates, it doesn't matter anymore if you stay and finish because you get the same amount of keys and stuff which is nothing much.

Ozz
08-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Oh a couple of things I forgot to mention such as trion's law of give an take. Since day one of Defiance I have noticed trion will put stuff in the game like features and weapons and whatnot and then come back and nerf them down to the point of them being useless or just a joke. Case in point the upgrade system or the key drops or arkforge drops before silicon valley.

Now this have been very detrimental to the game being a whole new player mind set has evolved and many many players are now taking the car or truck with the most hit points they can get and just ramming into a couple things at an emergency or events just to tag it and get a few points and they just leave it then and collect the rewards when the other players finish it.

This has been caused by trion killing the drop rates, it doesn't matter anymore if you stay and finish because you get the same amount of keys and stuff which is nothing much.

Every voice deserves to be heard and you slic are one of them.

Coyote Clive
08-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Yeah. I can't stay interested in the game any more. Unless I am with my PVP friends i just get bored really quickly because nothing is worth doing any more. I used to hit major arkfalls and arkbreaks for the good number of keys and arkforge. Now I do them rarely. I mostly try to avoid raising my EGO so I never have to upgrade weapons and buy arkforge. Trion made a major mistake letting us have something that big and taking it away. I was going to begrudgingly admit that the way it was post DLC5 might have been an improvement in some ways. I was moving toward cracking my wallet once again because I was feeling guilty not supporting the game like I used to. Then the loot, key, forge, nerf came and the game bores me now.

Switch it back Trion. Find some other way to get us to spend money. Hell. Many of us would promise to spend some just because you switched it back. Me included.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Meh, I'm still an arkhunter.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Meh, I'm still an arkhunter.

I did log in today to try and sell my OJ's. No bites though, the price is steep.

Lillith Valerian
08-14-2014, 04:22 PM

*Ka-BLAM!!!*

"Welcome to Scotland."

Total garbage movie, but that was a good scene...