PDA

View Full Version : Account hacked

Elffin
08-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Last night at 4AM uk time, my friends account was hacked, and 109.99 purchase was made on my bank account, is there any way to contact trion before the live chat opens in 5 hours to get the account blocked or something so no other harm comes to her account or our bank account?

I have changed all the relevant passwords that i can, but it appears they have changed the email account and password to the other account so i cant do that just yet.

Elf.

KasperSheitup
08-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Bumping this to cause awareness.
Sorry I can't help and sorry about the situation Froggy :(

duction
08-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Ring the bank, have they payment system blocked

OverDoneOne
08-09-2014, 02:16 AM
Last night at 4AM uk time, my friends account was hacked, and 109.99 purchase was made on my bank account, is there any way to contact trion before the live chat opens in 5 hours to get the account blocked or something so no other harm comes to her account or our bank account?

I have changed all the relevant passwords that i can, but it appears they have changed the email account and password to the other account so i cant do that just yet.

Elf.

I knew this glyph thing was going to be trouble and hackable, hell even my steam account was hacked once and nothing is safe on the internet. This all just goes to prove it.

Elffin
08-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Ring the bank, have they payment system blocked

Pigging bank wont block paypal... so i canceled my Debit card instead... who needs money from the bank... 0.o

Elf.

Etaew
08-09-2014, 06:59 AM
Was this on a console account? I haven't see any ways on my PC version to store billing information. Although when I've purchased bits I used the Steam Wallet instead.

Elffin
08-09-2014, 07:27 AM
The account that was hacked hasn't even used PayPal i don't think, unless it was when i first opened the account, The person who did it has just tried again to charge the pay pal account, but as nothing is linked to it they failed. I now seem to have the account back, but cant get onto it until the update has finished patching. (put .co.uk instead of .Com...)

lets see what state the account is in.

Elf.

Flank
08-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Dang. What a pain... sorry you have to deal with this crud.
hopefully you account is okay

Elffin
08-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Huge thank you to GM Demutig, got the account sorted now, and a refund of the money that the person spent on an Archage account.

Thanks again GM Demutig.

Elf.

Lethyl
08-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Huge thank you to GM Demutig, got the account sorted now, and a refund of the money that the person spent on an Archage account.

Thanks again GM Demutig.

Elf.

Same thing happened to me - account hacked and used to buy stuff in archage. Happened at the end of July and they still wont release my account.

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Had my credit card used to buy something in Korea just this past weekend, though I doubt it was AA-related. Thing has been stolen so many damn times it's a wonder this didn't happen sooner.

Zanard
08-21-2014, 07:16 AM
164 EURO payed for some archeage **** i never even downloaded, epic win for the hackers.

Kyosji
08-21-2014, 07:46 AM
So, they hacked your account and bought archeage? What was the point? They did know that that version they bought would only work on your account, right?

Lethyl
08-21-2014, 10:55 AM
So, they hacked your account and bought archeage? What was the point? They did know that that version they bought would only work on your account, right?

For me, they bought a ton of Archage credits, which I assume they turned around and sold for cash.

My point is, I immediately cancelled the credit card and anything else associated with the account and then reported it to Trion. That was August 1. They suspended the account so no more damage could be done, and sent me a set of instructions on how to redo my account so that they could turn it on. I did that. Then they sent me another email with different instructions, I did that. between the delays getting emails back from them, that took until the 10th. At that point I received an email saying, thanks for the info, problem solved. since then all I have gotten is emails either saying thanks for updating the ticket, and then 3 days later I get another email saying this ticket has been closed.

Still banned...no word from an actual person, just autoreplies. No clue how to get my account unlocked.

squidgod2000
08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Still banned...no word from an actual person, just autoreplies. No clue how to get my account unlocked.

PM Kiwi or Scapes or somebody, or try Live Chat. Using petitions or e-mail will never resolve a problem like a banned account.

Leummas
08-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Wait, some one willingly hacked a Defiance account? Wow.

Lethyl
08-21-2014, 11:46 AM
PM Kiwi or Scapes or somebody, or try Live Chat. Using petitions or e-mail will never resolve a problem like a banned account.

Yep, that's the fun part. Cant login to live chat...account banned. cant get into game to pm anyone...

From initial response from trion:

"Unfortunately, it appears that your Glyph account has been compromised. As a result, we have placed a temporary ban on your account. Rest assured that this (temporary) ban does not reflect negatively on your account. However, as safety precaution, the ban will remain on your account until the account is secured and restorations are completed. Please follow the below steps to secure and verify your account information..."

all steps followed....no movement. Cant figure out how to actually get to an actual person...

squidgod2000
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Yep, that's the fun part. Cant login to live chat...account banned. cant get into game to pm anyone...

PM here on the forums, I meant. Just give them your account name and describe the problem. It'll get sorted out quick.

The problem with support tickets is that many of them will be automatically disregarded depending on the category you choose (you'll get an automated reply about how much they value your input and how you won't get a response) or the person who does read it will only pick up on a few key words like "banned," check your account, see that you're banned and copy/paste the appropriate "you seem to have been banned" response, then move on to the next ticket.

Silicon Valley
08-26-2014, 11:41 PM
From initial response from trion:

"Unfortunately, it appears that your Glyph account has been compromised. As a result, we have placed a temporary ban on your account. Rest assured that this (temporary) ban does not reflect negatively on your account."

all steps followed....no movement. Cant figure out how to actually get to an actual person...

WARNING: I suggest that everyone checks their CC slip if you have one set as automatic payment. There are reports on a MMO site of increased account hacking, mainly on Archeage, who have had money taken from their accounts, mostly PayPal it seems without authorisation. Defiance works with Glyph as well.

I don't need to remind you guys of the Rift "account issue"* which wasnt a customer side security issue, but Trion failing to protect billing information. Either way, recheck your own security protocols.

As usual, Trion is denying any servers being hacked and that the problem is customer side. An IP check for Archeage will be introduced Thursday this week. You can never be too careful.

*(Rift accounts were being mass hacked and it took a customer to solve how the Rift servers were being hacked via a back door. It's ancient history but information that should never be forgotten.)

MadDogTremor
08-27-2014, 12:01 AM
I've been lucky, no hacks or missing money. After seeing all this on the Forums today, I did unlink my PayPal from Trion, just to be safe.

08-27-2014, 12:56 AM
I did unlink my PayPal from Trion, just to be safe.

Hm, same I guess.

Snib
08-27-2014, 02:00 AM
The account that was hacked hasn't even used PayPal i don't think,

Yeah, which is why the account wasn't hacked but your paypal info was phished or your computer is compromised and the info gotten from there.

Varathius
08-27-2014, 02:55 AM
people's accounts get mostly hacked because they do not pay attention when reading emails and they click on everything there is to click in an email.

Nobody just hacks your account like that unless you have some bad stuff on your computer.

I use my computer since 3 years now. I have no firewall and no anti-virus, no face book, twitter and any of that nonsense, and I never had a anything 3rd party installed that will steal my info.

People should watch less free p0rn and click less on everything there is to click in an email and do some careful reading of the email's origin etc before even opening it.

DarkNisha
08-27-2014, 04:30 AM
I use my computer since 3 years now. I have no firewall and no anti-virus, no face book, twitter and any of that nonsense, and I never had a anything 3rd party installed that will steal my info.

even if you check each email, each website address that you click on, each individual program you run, this does not protect you from viruses or hacking. Depending on the operating system of your machine (anderoid and windows being most vaulnerable all the way down to debian being the most secure... but not protected), simply by being online, you are hackable.

Someone simply needs to collect your IP address by snooping a websites traffic, or seeing where someone posts on a forum from (some forums keep track of IPs for security purposes), or even simply using a browser with a known security flaw (thats all of them by the way, even firefox or opera has security flaws), you are hackable.

There are also ways of Faking links and emails. Say for example your bestest friend in the world has an email address mybff@trustedemail.com, it is possible, and regularly done, that some one will send you an email from mybff@trustedemail.com that will appear for all intents purposes to be from your bff, but is infact from Mr Evil Hacker of Hackertown.

There is 0 ways of completely protecting a system from outside interferance (except not connecting your machine to the power or interwebs) even with a firewall and antivirus. However, every person on the interwebs should have one installed, if your too cheap to buy one, get a free one like Comodo (unless your using a windows 8 tablet, in which case there is a conflict there), or buy one like kasparsky.

If everyone had fully updated operating systems, and fully up to date security installed on there machines, it would be far more difficault for someone like Mr Evil Hacker of Hackertown to break into other peoples machines. By not installing antivirus and firewall software, you are leaving your system open to be used as a slave machine for the hackers and virus makers (they use your machine to help hack other peoples).

You would be suprised how many peoples machines are used as slave machines for hackers. there has even been routers found with malicious software installed on them, there are even entire servers online that are dedicated to hacking. If a packet of information leaves your machine, it will eventually meet a hacked server, this gives Mr Evil Hacker of Hackertown all the information he needs to find your machine. Everytime you connect to the interwebs, everytime you do anything requiring interweb access, even just having your system turned on and connected via a wire or wireless, your system sends out packets of information. That means Mr Evil Hacker of Hackertown can (and by all likely hood has) hacked your machine.

Now for you, installing antivirus and a firewall at this point is kinda like closing the stable door after the hellbug has eaten all your horses, so not much point. What you need to do, is wipe your machine, get a new harddrive, and reinstall the whole damn shebang, along with antivirus and firewall... oh and all your information is belong to mr E. Hacker... so dont bother saving or storing on external drive to access later on. All your pictures, all your documents, all your text files, all your programs are infected (or can be taken as infected as you have no real way of knowing at this point).

If you dont believe me, go do some research at your local library on interwebs security... or dont, and help Mr Evil Hacker of Hackertown make easy monies.

Snib
08-27-2014, 04:36 AM
get a new harddrive

cute

(10 char)

DarkNisha
08-27-2014, 04:49 AM
cute

(10 char)

It may be cute, but its also true. There was a virus not so long ago that stored itself in the firmware section of your HDD, this is rarely wiped even when hard formatting a HDD, and so the virus never went away unless you has access to some serious kit (my hubby wrote one for a university project as well, dont worry, it was never released into the wild cause he isnt mr evil hacker). Plus most formatting doesnt actually delete the data, it simple removes the directions to the data (think of removing all road signs and maps to a place, the place still exists, its just really hard to get to), this data can return with the right conditions (not so common these days, but used to happen). Always safer to buy a new HDD.

VicousBlood
08-27-2014, 04:54 AM
For you peeps on Win 8+, I recommend running Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en as a secondary scan in addition to your primary anti-software. For those running Win 7 and below running a combination of combofix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/ and then Hitman Pro will fully clean your machines usually 99% of the time. I don't even run an antivirus anymore, but those are truly the best tools around atm.

And as a previous poster had mentioned, you should never link an account of any kind to a payment method.

VicousBlood
08-27-2014, 04:57 AM
It may be cute, but its also true. There was a virus not so long ago that stored itself in the firmware section of your HDD, this is rarely wiped even when hard formatting a HDD, and so the virus never went away unless you has access to some serious kit (my hubby wrote one for a university project as well, dont worry, it was never released into the wild cause he isnt mr evil hacker). Plus most formatting doesnt actually delete the data, it simple removes the directions to the data (think of removing all road signs and maps to a place, the place still exists, its just really hard to get to), this data can return with the right conditions (not so common these days, but used to happen). Always safer to buy a new HDD.

Depends on the format, full formats overwrite all data with 1's and 0's. Quick formats only clear the Master File Table. In which case, the files are still on the drive until they are written over by something else. And can be recovered with disk forensics software sometimes corrupted sometimes absolutely fine. Depends on whether or not new data has been written into that cluster and sector and how much data.

Kyosji
08-27-2014, 05:07 AM
For you peeps on Win 8+, I recommend running Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en as a secondary scan in addition to your primary anti-software. For those running Win 7 and below running a combination of combofix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/ and then Hitman Pro will fully clean your machines usually 99% of the time. I don't even run an antivirus anymore, but those are truly the best tools around atm.

And as a previous poster had mentioned, you should never link an account of any kind to a payment method.

I would never use those myself.

Haavikk
08-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Gotta be careful joining these so called gaming clans they can put a autologger on their site that they say go to our site and do this and do that
then they have what they need to cause havoc.

Silicon Valley
08-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Yeah, which is why the account wasn't hacked

Trion servers have been hacked before and Glyph is new. The amount of people with hacked accounts seems to be above average, so you can doubt their ability to keep account information safe.

When it happend before the usual answer also was "it's you, not us". Pretty much the same answer you got when the lag in Defiance started: "it's your ISP, our servers are just fine".

It's not always 100% on our end, this is Trion were talking about, so it never hurts to be safe. Rather that then having strange amounts being deducted for no reason at all, no?

Unique One
08-27-2014, 06:09 AM
This has happened to me too. They attempted to make 2 purchased of the archeum founder's pack.

I have changed my password and removed payment info.

Obviously someone has stolen their account database. The fact that they have said nothing is a joke.

Silicon Valley
08-27-2014, 07:04 AM
I haven't see any ways on my PC version to store billing information.

You might want to check that with your own clan mate? He's one of the victims if i read correctly:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171011-Account-hacked

It's not some hacker stripping your toons and leaving an empty account, you get billed for real money. One guy couldnt even pay his rent because of this. Biggest post on ArcheAge forum:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?32011-Trion-World-Unauthorized-Purchased.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 07:20 AM
You might want to check that with your own clan mate? He's one of the victims if i read correctly:

It's not some hacker stripping your toons and leaving an empty account, you get billed for real money. One guy couldnt even pay his rent because of this. Biggest post on ArcheAge forum:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?32011-Trion-World-Unauthorized-Purchased.

Was reading a bit more on the ArcheAge thread, and someone reported they got hacked even though they're using a fresh NEW email for the game! That, to me, is super-scary.

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD NOW! REMOVE ANY CHARGE CARDS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT NOW!

Unique One
08-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Was reading a bit more on the ArcheAge thread, and someone reported they got hacked even though they're using a fresh NEW email for the game! That, to me, is super-scary.

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD NOW! REMOVE ANY CHARGE CARDS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT NOW!

Yeah I don't use the password I had here anywhere else either, so its pretty obvious that their db was compromised (or some person/group has figured out a way to exploit their web systems).

The sad thing is that if they have no evidence, then it could easy happen again after changing passwords, so remove payment details as well as stated above.

Snib
08-27-2014, 07:23 AM

Yes, and there is also malware that "infects" your BIOS, your router's firmware is notoriously unsafe, etc., so with that argument you'd best buy a new PC, plus there's the governments spying out all your data, so you'd best stay offline anyway. Besides, consumer anti-virus and firewall software is more of potential risk than solution to the kind of malware you are talking about it. After buying that new HDD that guys is just going to get reinfected anyway if he's being targeted by that.

On a more reasonable level, the most common case of "account hacked" is a case of social engineering. If you log in to paypa1.com you're in trouble, no firewall/antivirus/new HDD will help you there.

08-27-2014, 07:33 AM

Yeah, that archeage thread is a good read. I removed my billing information. That's some bad shtako.

Silicon Valley
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
If you get brute forced and customers get unauthorized purchases, post it in the launcher, not in News. A forum poster described what I had in mind:

It is NOT DIFFICULT TO PREVENT massive brute force password retries. There are several different highly effective ways to limit "hundreds of millions of such attempts" from "well over a million different IP addresses".

Failure to implement ANY method of limiting brute force login cracks is entirely Trion's fault.

But hey, better to blame the customers right? I'm sure they don't understand.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
If you get brute forced and customers get unauthorized purchases, post it in the launcher, not in News.

A forum poster described what I had in mind:
It is NOT DIFFICULT TO PREVENT massive brute force password retries. There are several different highly effective ways to limit "hundreds of millions of such attempts" from "well over a million different IP addresses".

Failure to implement ANY method of limiting brute force login cracks is entirely Trion's fault.

But hey, better to blame the customers right? I'm sure they don't understand.

The usual - deflect, deny, delete

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 12:14 PM

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-2.jpg

Silicon Valley
08-27-2014, 04:58 PM

When do they learn insulting customers and treating them like idiots isnt a GOOD thing?

3rdpig
08-27-2014, 05:47 PM
In class action lawsuits the typical payout is about $4000 for every customer with missing data. No company who might be facing a class action lawsuit is going to publicly admit fault.

Silicon Valley
08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
No company who might be facing a class action lawsuit is going to publicly admit fault.

Back in 2011 when the Trion servers got hacked and Rift accounts got compromised, no class action lawsuits were filed. I'm pretty sure Trion has got their bases covered.

Maybe we need a player again to show how it is done THIS time?

Vega
08-27-2014, 07:04 PM
          

Amack
08-27-2014, 08:01 PM
That actually makes perfect sense Vega! Rubber stops electricity. Those nasty little electrons.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 09:02 PM
First lesson I learned as a wee net surfer

http://www.funnyandhappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Funny-internet-protection.jpg

:D

Guess these days it's easier to control someones machine if they are connected period. Unplugging computer from net no...

awesome! everyone should have one!

Alwyn
08-27-2014, 11:11 PM
i got hacked today my Paypal charged 3 times with arch age founder packs 150$ each. sent tickets to trion and Paypal opened up cases.

whats funny is i started to play Defiance 1 week ago and this is what i get.

Amack
08-27-2014, 11:24 PM
Two of the best free scanners available.

MalwareBytes (http://dw.cbsi.com/redir?ttag=download_now_button_click&lop=link&ptid=1770&pagetype=search&asid=&edid=3&tag=srch&siteid=4&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2FMalwareby tes-Anti-Malware%2F3001-8022_4-10804572.html%3FhasJs%3Dn%26hlndr%3D1&onid=20&oid=1770-20_4-0&rsid=cbsidownloadcomsite&sl=en&sc=us&topicguid=downloads&topicbrcrm=search&pid=13743670&mfgid=6290020&merid=6290020&ctype=dm&cval=NONE&ltype=dl_dlnow&spi=8036b59f538212a47c7840d69b3a2579&devicetype=desktop&pguid=55d0a17f4e30e2f31235512a&viewguid=P@yZ50z-V4AZYLjE5ipI9itLpyvzZNG4RlPw)

Spybot Search and Destroy (http://dw.cbsi.com/redir?ttag=download_now_button_click&lop=link&ptid=1770&pagetype=search&asid=&edid=3&siteid=4&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2FSpybot-Search-Destroy%2F3001-8022_4-10122137.html%3FhasJs%3Dn%26hlndr%3D1&onid=20&oid=1770-20_4-0&rsid=cbsidownloadcomsite&sl=en&sc=us&topicguid=downloads&topicbrcrm=search&pid=13800738&mfgid=104443&merid=104443&ctype=dm&cval=NONE&ltype=dl_dlnow&spi=fab8049331638a38a4a900b9b2e166ab&devicetype=desktop&pguid=26dbf5c4a30150f4b988f3ec&viewguid=P@yqkfF@AqVxdNvgrf4ryq85BKxqnmCf5vie)

Run > Update > Scan > Clean > Reboot > Scan again

If you receive detections after rebooting and they appear to be coming back each time, you can try hitting F8 right before Windows boots up and then running the scans in Safe Mode. If they still come back, you need to bring your computer in for service.

Bonehead
08-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Two of the best free scanners available.

MalwareBytes (http://dw.cbsi.com/redir?ttag=download_now_button_click&lop=link&ptid=1770&pagetype=search&asid=&edid=3&tag=srch&siteid=4&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2FMalwareby tes-Anti-Malware%2F3001-8022_4-10804572.html%3FhasJs%3Dn%26hlndr%3D1&onid=20&oid=1770-20_4-0&rsid=cbsidownloadcomsite&sl=en&sc=us&topicguid=downloads&topicbrcrm=search&pid=13743670&mfgid=6290020&merid=6290020&ctype=dm&cval=NONE&ltype=dl_dlnow&spi=8036b59f538212a47c7840d69b3a2579&devicetype=desktop&pguid=55d0a17f4e30e2f31235512a&viewguid=P@yZ50z-V4AZYLjE5ipI9itLpyvzZNG4RlPw)

Spybot Search and Destroy (http://dw.cbsi.com/redir?ttag=download_now_button_click&lop=link&ptid=1770&pagetype=search&asid=&edid=3&siteid=4&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2FSpybot-Search-Destroy%2F3001-8022_4-10122137.html%3FhasJs%3Dn%26hlndr%3D1&onid=20&oid=1770-20_4-0&rsid=cbsidownloadcomsite&sl=en&sc=us&topicguid=downloads&topicbrcrm=search&pid=13800738&mfgid=104443&merid=104443&ctype=dm&cval=NONE&ltype=dl_dlnow&spi=fab8049331638a38a4a900b9b2e166ab&devicetype=desktop&pguid=26dbf5c4a30150f4b988f3ec&viewguid=P@yqkfF@AqVxdNvgrf4ryq85BKxqnmCf5vie)

If you receive detections after rebooting and they appear to be coming back each time, you can try hitting F8 right before Windows boots up and then running the scans in Safe Mode. If they still come back, you need to bring your computer in for service.

FWIW I like both of those, I run spybot all the time.

Silicon Valley
08-28-2014, 12:16 AM

You think this is funny or something? Stop being such a fanboi. Trion got their security breached a few years back, its more likely with the high frequency that they got hacked again now.

It's ludicrous that they have shtako security everytime they launch a game. What they shouldve done a month ago was post in the launcher to urge players to change their passwords.

If people wanted to know why, explain there are cases where players in ArcheAge and Defiance had unauthorized payments popping up and being deducted from players.

This is Trion being Trion again, you can keep trying to back it up, but you can't protect Fail.

Remove the billing information and just use game cards to be safe.

Amack
08-28-2014, 12:25 AM
You think this is funny or something?

Actually, now that you mention it...

You are hilarious.

08-28-2014, 12:36 AM
What they shouldve done a month ago was post in the launcher to urge players to change their passwords.

Sigh. You should read between the lines. Tryin got breached, but they probably dont even know what the issue is. And this is another negative focus. Just read up on the ArcheAge forum. Tryin has crap security.

So what should you do? Be honest and communicate or lie and try to cover up that fact and spout some BS you are bringing new security features (which are basically a fix to avoid another accurance).

Well, if you know the manual Scapes is using, you know it's going to be the latter. I'm suprised he didnt remove or close down this thread already. He shouldve said players are stupid and it's their fault :D.

If you want to know how bad Tryin's security is, just google "2011 Trion servers hacked" or what is going on now. Since there are more people who are compromised in ArcheAge, just read how bad it is:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?32346-Regarding-Reports-of-Unauthorized-Transactions

Either way, Tryin is going to put some IP protection on ArcheAge, there will be extra resources put in security to avoid a (third!) time of these breaches of security happening again and are dealing with it.

Because even if they lie about it, they will have to deal with it. Tryin communication at its best.

Amack
08-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Dood, stop talking to yourself.

Bentu
08-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Got an email from glyph today informing me of the new procedures re login in from different computers etc.

Glad they're taking my security seriously.

08-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Got an email from glyph today informing me of the new procedures

After months of ArcheAge and Defiance users having amounts deducted from their bank accounts they post a non-stickied news topic that it "might be an idea to update your passwords"?

And give us the runaround that this issue has been resolved in a matter of hours? It's insulting. Trion servers got hacked back in 2011. I removed my billing information permanently.

Aside from the shtako communication, this isn't about account information on your toon so they can steal some virtual gear or scrip. People got charged for hundreds of dollars.

I have no confidence (and it wasn't really high to begin with) that Tryin can properly secure my account details, so I removed mine. It's an easy solution to be 100% sure.

Even if it was Glyph that was the issue, I still see things like "bruteforce attacks" and the Paypal is direct payment without any secondary password verification.

Amack
08-28-2014, 03:16 AM
After months of ArcheAge and Defiance users having amounts deducted from their bank accounts they post a non-stickied news topic that it "might be an idea to update your passwords"?

And give us the runaround that this issue has been resolved in a matter of hours? It's insulting. Trion servers got hacked back in 2011. I removed my billing information permanently.

Aside from the shtako communication, this isn't about account information on your toon so they can steal some virtual gear or scrip. People got charged for hundreds of dollars.

I have no confidence (and it wasn't really high to begin with) that Tryin can properly secure my account details, so I removed mine. It's an easy solution to be 100% sure.

Even if it was Glyph that was the issue, I still see things like "bruteforce attacks" and the Paypal is direct payment without any secondary password verification.

You should really think about getting some new material pal.

08-28-2014, 03:20 AM
You should really think about getting some new material pal.

Why dont you say something smart for a change? These security breaches are serious.

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 07:54 AM
This thread.

http://i.imgur.com/5s4kkZ1.gif