PDA

View Full Version : Small developement team is the best

the guy
08-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I've been playing Defiance since beta. Now a little over a year later and I wanted to thank the dev team. The fact that you guys went from a huge team down to a handful is crazy. But I love what you've done to Defiance great job on the last couple DLC's and love Sillicon Valley . I lost fath but I was wrong you guys keep kicking butt and bringing Defiance to the next level well hell it's at the next level . All players who started com beta know the HUGE improvements made and with a small team.

LegendaryU2K
08-09-2014, 09:19 AM
How do you know its a small team now?

Altras
08-09-2014, 09:38 AM
How do you know its a small team now?

A little bit after Defiance launched, 70% of the staff was laid off, removed, reassigned or what have you.
More info here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/trion-hit-by-massive-layoffs

Eda Hyde
08-09-2014, 10:19 AM
It seems logical, they don't need a HUGE team to release patches/DLCs, at least not as many people as to actually develop the game :)

But I want to congratulate them too, people are raging like crazy on this forum, I think people who still believe in Defiance and Trion should also be vocal :)
Bought the game over a year ago, started playing again recently and so far I love it :)
I don't get why people cry and b*tch about the new patch, Silicon Valley is great, can't wait for new missions over there :D And the lockboxes thing... Whatever, earn your lockboxes by actually earning arkcodes !

Aurora Wong
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
It seems logical, they don't need a HUGE team to release patches/DLCs, at least not as many people as to actually develop the game :)

But I want to congratulate them too, people are raging like crazy on this forum, I think people who still believe in Defiance and Trion should also be vocal :)
Bought the game over a year ago, started playing again recently and so far I love it :)
I don't get why people cry and b*tch about the new patch, Silicon Valley is great, can't wait for new missions over there :D And the lockboxes thing... Whatever, earn your lockboxes by actually earning arkcodes !
They accomplish so much as a small development team, but all they need is more customer service staff. They are even hiring so they acknowledge their customer service to be limited at the moment.