PDA

View Full Version : Being 5+ Ego isn`t enough anymore?

drackiller
08-10-2014, 04:21 AM
So i`m playing an invasion i SV and now all of the sudden i`m being buffed to 5250 EGO!?

New stage in TL ?

Ray186
08-10-2014, 04:31 AM
If your talking about the yellow ego level I wish that someone would explain that to me.

drackiller
08-10-2014, 04:34 AM
If your talking about the yellow ego level I wish that someone would explain that to me.

Yup, that`s what i`m talking about.
Think that they are forcing us to lvl up more, forcing us to leave again our weapons behing or upgrade them, and because AF is so scarce now, isn`t hard to see what they want.

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 09:45 AM
It's just a matter of the EGO level of other players around you. There are a lot of folks out there who are either maxed out at 5900 now or up in the 5600 - 5900 range. All that has changed is that more folks are reaching that level as time goes on.

Lucent
08-10-2014, 09:48 AM
^ So sad that the EGO cap is back. Why grind out those 20 emergencies each if I don't even see my EGO progress? So stupid of a choice when Trick very specifically said in a Live Stream that there was not going to a cap anymore: just the max amount of points available at the time due to pursuits.

Ray186
08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed that your shields buckle a lot more quickly now? I was doing a Volge emergency yesterday and my shield wouldn't block their attacks at all. Any damage was taken directly from the red life meter.

Stealth Nerf?

And what's up with the insta-deaths? I will have a revive, than I go down and boom loading screen.

SirServed
08-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed that your shields buckle a lot more quickly now? I was doing a Volge emergency yesterday and my shield wouldn't block their attacks at all. Any damage was taken directly from the red life meter.

Stealth Nerf?

And what's up with the insta-deaths? I will have a revive, than I go down and boom loading screen.
Unequip and Re-equip your shield to fix the first issue. I've experienced it myself here and there, no means to reliably reproduce it for a report. Insta-death extractions have always rarely occurred, it usually happens when I super kill myself with an explosion during combat.

gonzo570
08-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I have an ego of 5721 & I got a buff to 5891 while trying to do a deathmatch. It was pretty ridiculous.

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I have an ego of 5721 & I got a buff to 5891 while trying to do a deathmatch. It was pretty ridiculous.

Doesn't PvP buff you automatically to the highest EGO around ? That's not a scaling issue.

drackiller
08-10-2014, 12:43 PM
OK people, i`m not talking about PVP, i`m talking about PVE.
TL10 is TL10, so why do we get a buff in SV and not in the rest of the world.
This is silly, it`s just to force us again to lvl up because let`s be serious, after 5K you only lvl up more if you want , not because it`s really needed.
I didn`t feel the need to lvl up more but after seeing the buff i feel that i need to lvl up again.
And at the current state of AF drops, it`s clearly another way to force us to spend money on AF to lvl up weapons and shields or to leave them behind.

Lucent
08-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Because probably there is a higher concentration of veteran players in SV around you who are bumping up the "average" EGO so now you can get bumped up even higher? 5500 is the last level worth leveling to in terms of gear upgrading, unless that's changed with newer stuff.

ironcladtrash
08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
^ So sad that the EGO cap is back. Why grind out those 20 emergencies each if I don't even see my EGO progress? So stupid of a choice when Trick very specifically said in a Live Stream that there was not going to a cap anymore: just the max amount of points available at the time due to pursuits.

From my perspective I am glad they brought the hard cap back. I have clan mates that could get higher EGO than I ever could because of the pursuits they removed. Since those are the guys that play as much as I do I couldn't use any new weapons they get to trade for.

5500 is the highest level that is worth upgrading gear too. That I do hope they keep. With my full inventory I could never upgrade to 5900+ without spending a ton of money on arkforge.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Bumping this up.

TL 10 is TL10.
As far as i remember no matter how high the ego is and concentration of players in an event , the buff will only goes to 4750, and i believe it is still that way in the "normal" world map.

Is a TL10 in SV way much higher than TL10 in the rest of the world?

It`s to force us leveling up our gear and, or let stay behind the equipment we currently have or to upgrade, and we know that upgrading isn`t easy nowadays.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
No one has any interest in this?

I just would love to know if in the main land people are being buffed to 5250 on the PVE side of the game or if it`s just happening on SV.

Deunan
08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
No one has any interest in this?

I just would love to know if in the main land people are being buffed to 5250 on the PVE side of the game or if it`s just happening on SV.The lack of interest might be because it's not a bad thing. You get more health and higher power rating for your gear for doing the same content that you had to deal with without the buff before.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 11:07 AM
The lack of interest might be because it's not a bad thing. You get more health and higher power rating for your gear for doing the same content that you had to deal with without the buff before.

But again, is it only on SV that this thing is happening or will it be like that in the whole game?
I can get those points easy but i would rather not upgrade for the sake of arkforge.

N3gativeCr33p
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Bumping this up.

TL 10 is TL10.
As far as i remember no matter how high the ego is and concentration of players in an event , the buff will only goes to 4750, and i believe it is still that way in the "normal" world map.

Is a TL10 in SV way much higher than TL10 in the rest of the world?

It`s to force us leveling up our gear and, or let stay behind the equipment we currently have or to upgrade, and we know that upgrading isn`t easy nowadays.

I'm in SV at a TL10 event right now, and my 48XX EGO buffed to 5250.

And just like clockwork, this Miner Conversion looks to be stalled out. lol

drackiller
08-12-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm in SV at a TL10 event right now, and my 48XX EGO buffed to 5250.

And just like clockwork, this Miner Conversion looks to be stalled out. lol

Happened the same to me sunday, and after a few minutes of everyone waiting, we were credited with the respective rewards like as if we fully completed it. Very wonky :)

N3gativeCr33p
08-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Happened the same to me sunday, and after a few minutes of everyone waiting, we were credited with the respective rewards like as if we fully completed it. Very wonky :)

Same thing happened to me twice while I was playing yesterday. (6/25 completed) :rolleyes:

FIJANA
08-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Lol I have the probem that I die within a reason. Yep, while playing against Volge a I die when no enemies are near me or shooting me. Sometimes I die, self-revive, and then I die again. WTF is happening to the game. I am planning of buying season pass but now I am not so sure.