PDA

View Full Version : AFK 240k+ scrips/per hr,endgame gears under 2 weeks & complete everything+game review

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Go to tranquility road (starting area) with ~5 accounts logged on.

Go afk or do real life stuff or play another game or whatever.

For every new character made by some sucker / newbie, and arrive to tranquility road, each of your character gets around ~400 scrips.

400x5 = 2k per new char arrived

Approximately 2 per minute (during peak times if not more). 2k x 2 = 4k per minute

4k x 60min = 240k scrip on avg per hr during peak time if not more.

Of course you can get more if you use more afk characters or just leave your computer(s) on for an extended period of time.

As far as I know, this is the best method of farming scrips ingame per hour.

Need those orange gear? Go buy them. Pay out a couple mil scrips (that you can get per day) for that legendary gun/shield you wanted. Overpay for the best orange (ie. frag) grenade (usually ~50k scrip). Best (ie.Blue) stims/spikes are like a couple K from ingame vendors.

There, endgame gears.

Arkfalls, seige, blah blah blah can not compare. Plus you're afking and doing something you enjoy rather than mindlessly grinding.

Now that you got your endgame gears (all orange), what now?

Do all the main missions+ side missions + episode mission = Get to 1k ego and enjoy all game contents-> unlock everything ingame, except elite mode coop which needs like what? 5k ego?(never tried elite coop, but i'm under the impression it's same as regular mode in design just more bulletsponges).

No need to go over 1K ego (as you unlocked all perk slots) because in large scale events or when you play with your high ego friends, your ego get boosted to that of the highest ego player. Just make sure all your gears are around your ego level (very important for the boost), just found out recently on how the ego boost works -> thus pointless to go over 1k ego.

Elite coop mode = cores = orange mods = couple hundred K scrips to a few million scrips for your heart desires= just afk 1 day and buy them all.

Play everything include coop once/twice for the "gaming experience", get best gears under 2 weeks -> uninstall and move onto another game.

Before I forget, definitely try the warmaster raid boss, very worthwhile for your time, one of the most exciting boss ingame on your first few runs. Just don't expect any good loot tho, don't let the disappointment from the loot department ruin that experience.

I ended up not getting the DLCs, people recommended to me that it's a waste of money & time, along with just about everything in bit store, especially the boxes/boosts. Boxes are worthless due to crappy rng and getting worthless items, ie. basically you're burning your own cash for no reason. Boosts are worthless because past 1k ego is pointless and everything else you can buy with scrips with method described above without wasting your time grinding for like a couple month (and that is with the boosts). Also, cosmetics are worthless, everyone in the game appears the same, the default model, except you to yourself. So unless you enjoy buying cosmetics so only you can see it, it's pointless.

Browse the forums for all the female dogging toward the developers for the lols. Great for the laughs for the first few hours before it gets old.

Silicon Valley, I assume is a (and only?) highly anticipated update of land expansion since game release (? excluding dlcs i presume, correct me if i'm wrong) is subpar at best, a bit disappointing to say the least. You'll see once you do the quests. You're basically some alien's female dog going around the map tagging/collecting this and that. No boss fights or anything.

Replay Episode season 1 missions are bugged, probably the most exciting quest line in the game -> you can't replay after you complete it. Asked support -> waited a few days -> no reply & no fix. I had to remake a new character just to play it again.

I think I covered just about everything, I finished the game under 2 weeks. Uninstalling it now.

Thanks for the f2p experience, really enjoyed playing the main + episode quest line. Side missions are tedious though. Coop maps + warmaster are fun for the first few runs, really wished that quest bosses are like that. Also special thanks to the person who refered me to www.defiancedata.com for all the ingame information/questions that the game failed to answer (lack of tutorial/codex). Also good job to the dude who made that website, and keep up the good work.

Game uninstall is about done now. Farewell. Probably won't be revisiting the forums much anymore. The female dogging and all the negativity on the forums are toxic to all the new players. Probably should do something about it as it scares away all your new players. Plus it gives all the new players the idea that this game is about to die (probably true?) or at least on life support and about to become a ghost town.

Tried to bring a few friends into this game, showed them the gameplay and they said it look pretty good. Then they visited the forums and they were like " bro why you trying to introduce me to this dying f2p game?" lmao. Naturally, none of them even bothered to download it.

If you read all that, wow!, erm lol Hopefully, it brings some perspectives to the developers and new players.

Thanks and bye.

Edit: The loot chase was really fulfilling... lol

Edit2: The pvp in this game is decent, but there are better pvp (instanced matches & open world) games out there in the market that trumps defiance's pvp. Pvp really is not a huge incentive, at least for me personally. I did a few rounds + shadow war, it's not bad, also not terribly impressed either.

Amack
08-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Holy butthurt Batman.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2uz8nio.jpg

Annouke
08-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Holy butthurt Batman.

100% Agree with you on this one and I'm even a F2P player.

Midori Oku
08-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Do all the main missions+ side missions + episode mission = Get to 1k ego and enjoy all game contents-> unlock everything ingame, except elite mode coop which needs like what? 5k ego?(never tried elite coop, but i'm under the impression it's same as regular mode in design just more bulletsponges).

No need to go over 1K ego (as you unlocked all perk slots) because in large scale events or when you play with your high ego friends, your ego get boosted to that of the highest ego player. Just make sure all your gears are around your ego level (very important for the boost), just found out recently on how the ego boost works -> thus pointless to go over 1k ego.

No, just no. You still have far more weapon damage, grenade damage, shield capacity, and HP than a boosted player. I've played on a boosted character, and it's absolutely terrible compared to my 5881.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 07:38 AM
No, just no. You still have far more weapon damage, grenade damage, shield capacity, and HP than a boosted player. I've played on a boosted character, and it's absolutely terrible compared to my 5881.

You're probably right, but at the same time, the amount of time put in for a 5.8k+ ego char compared to a 1k ego char from quest completion is significant.

I guess it's the time vs reward.

Personally, I don't feel justified spending that much time for so little gain (at least from my perspective). The recent loot change further disincentivize that. You can do everything as 1K ego. With 5k+ ego, your scores at large event are probably a bit higher, but the loot is hardly much better, with the recent loot nerfs.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Holy butthurt Batman.

quite an intelligent response, are you sure you're not the one who is butthurt? Let me guess, you're going to try my method now lol

SymbolicGamer
08-10-2014, 08:07 AM
"Let me guess, you're going to try my method now lol".

Why would he want to do that? That's a horrible way to earn scrip.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 08:27 AM
"Let me guess, you're going to try my method now lol".

Why would he want to do that? That's a horrible way to earn scrip.

You know a better way to earn over 240k+ scrips per hour while not playing the game (afk or sleeping)? Please enlighten us.

Illyios
08-10-2014, 08:46 AM
You know a better way to earn over 240k+ scrips per hour while not playing the game (afk or sleeping)? Please enlighten us.
Farm Sutro with friends. And you don't clog the servers creating possible lag.

Amack
08-10-2014, 08:50 AM

There are already plenty of people who take advantage of this. My post was more in reference to the intelligence level of a person who does it and then comes on the forums to explain to everyone what they are doing.

cuba 666
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Another nerfing coming thank you for the post...........$&@?!&@&....!!!!!???

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 09:16 AM
There are already plenty of people who take advantage of this. My post was more in reference to the intelligence level of a person who does it and then comes on the forums to explain to everyone what they are doing.

And you're butthurt because now more people can do it? typical.

It's to help new players who does not know about this.

How is my intelligence has to do with this? I'm merely letting the new players know a good way to finish this game quicker than the expected 2 year grind that vets like you probably did (and paid $60+ for with countless hours of boring grind).

My quote earlier was directed to your dumb *** picture and the level of maturity to post something like that.

So yes, I can understand why you are butthurt over this.

@cuba 666

It is unlikely the developers will nerf this. Scrips are worthless to the developers (not the players in trade since it's the only tradable currency), as evident with the new 1 million scrip boxes.

Amack
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
unintelligent babble

http://i57.tinypic.com/2v8jr6u.jpg

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 09:25 AM
wrong quote lol looks like i can't delete doubles

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 09:26 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2v8jr6u.jpg

Thanks for the free bump

Amack
08-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the free bump

You're welcome.

Kristopher0309
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
cant you only log on 1 character at a time

ColapsN7
08-10-2014, 09:44 AM

K/D ! Damage , gain health HP ( Threat :mad: ) .

WLL
08-10-2014, 10:19 AM
cant you only log on 1 character at a time

That is true, but you can log in with several different accounts at once.
Create 5 free accounts using 5 different e-mail addresses.
Repeat

You get the idea.

Kuurong
08-10-2014, 10:35 AM
What about those who don't have a pc that can do this? To do this kind of method you will need an up to date, medium end pc for around 3-4 games up at once with all of the memory needed with each,and with all of the enemies getting killed, all of the players spawning in, the explosions, grenades.. So this if this is for the new players, why show them a way that might not work on their pc?

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
There's no point in farming scrip if your intention is to leave the game once you're done playing the storyline. Rewards and loot will be sufficient for the short time you'll be spending in Paradise. Now, the really funny part of that "method" is how you have "unlocked all perk slots at 1K EGO" ... which is true. But you will be missing a lot of EGO points to fill those slots. So you'll have all slots, but won't be able to assemble something resembling a real build.

It seems to me OP has completely missed what playing Defiance is actually about.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
What about those who don't have a pc that can do this? To do this kind of method you will need an up to date, medium end pc for around 3-4 games up at once with all of the memory needed with each,and with all of the enemies getting killed, all of the players spawning in, the explosions, grenades.. So this if this is for the new players, why show them a way that might not work on their pc?

Not really, even an outdated pc can run 3-4 games at once, by putting them on the lowest settings with lowest resolutions. Keep in mind that they are afking at spawn spot where there are not explosions, grenades and stuff. It works if you have a decent pc to run it. Even if you don't, instead of running 5 clients, run less, say maybe 3. Still good way to make scrips

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 11:08 AM
There's no point in farming scrip if your intention is to leave the game once you're done playing the storyline. Rewards and loot will be sufficient for the short time you'll be spending in Paradise. Now, the really funny part of that "method" is how you have "unlocked all perk slots at 1K EGO" ... which is true. But you will be missing a lot of EGO points to fill those slots. So you'll have all slots, but won't be able to assemble something resembling a real build.

It seems to me OP has completely missed what playing Defiance is actually about.

Actually you can make almost every single build with 1k ego points by using the respecc button. I did not have trouble trying out new builds with 1k ego, and I doubt others will have either. Respecc costs a few K scrips but that's immaterial.

Even if you need a few more points, it's not hard to get them by leveling a few times more. Overall, it's much more time efficient than getting 5k+ ego that vets do.

It's more than the storyline if you read my initial post, you can do everything ingame with 1k ego. But there is no endgame other than mindless grind, it's the retention problem after finishing the storyline.

A lot of builds uses fortify + regen + cellular armor + detachment + thick skin, which are clustered together in the middle. That leaves like 4 other perk slots for your other goodies. If you do overcharge, you probably getting killing machine + quick charge, so that's another 2 down. Granted you dont' have to use those, but unless you have DLC 5 for the additional perks, most of the perks are centered at the middle, which easily allow you access to fully upgrade them to level 3 with 1k ego.

Edit:
If I recall correctly, at around 800ish ego, you get enough points to fully max your 9 perks. The additional 200 ego from leveling and stuff should be enough to cover the travel cost around the tree/ego grid. It may differ a bit between players depending on how they gained ego. I assumed players kill the mobs while doing quests like I did when I first started playing the game. I did not intentionally go out of my way for pursuits for the ego points.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-10-2014, 01:20 PM
i did notice this my first night playing...

i roll my own smokes and was relaxing and rolling one up for my new adventure into the Badlands when i heard a noise and noticed i had acquired some scrip. New players kept appearing and my scrip kept going up.. After a few minutes i had over 5k scrip and not knowing the game mechanics or economy yet started to /dance and say i'm rich, ***** !

The whole Woot Loot thing is a little silly in my opinion. For me the progression in this game was WAY too fast. i would gain 2-300 ego easily in a day and not be able to keep any guns around long at all. The same with the gun skills, after a month of playing the only ones not maxed are BMG, infector and sniper rifles, mainly because i haven't really tried them out/didn't care for that style of gameplay. It seems that my long term goals are the 5k kills with specific weapon types. Honestly i don't want an xp boost as it just means less time with guns i like or that i need more arkforge if i want them to be relevant. Forget about it now with the current forge rewards.

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Actually you can make almost every single build with 1k ego points by using the respecc button. I did not have trouble trying out new builds with 1k ego, and I doubt others will have either. Respecc costs a few K scrips but that's immaterial.

Even if you need a few more points, it's not hard to get them by leveling a few times more. Overall, it's much more time efficient than getting 5k+ ego that vets do.

It's more than the storyline if you read my initial post, you can do everything ingame with 1k ego. But there is no endgame other than mindless grind, it's the retention problem after finishing the storyline.

A lot of builds uses fortify + regen + cellular armor + detachment + thick skin, which are clustered together in the middle. That leaves like 4 other perk slots for your other goodies. If you do overcharge, you probably getting killing machine + quick charge, so that's another 2 down. Granted you dont' have to use those, but unless you have DLC 5 for the additional perks, most of the perks are centered at the middle, which easily allow you access to fully upgrade them to level 3 with 1k ego.

Edit:
If I recall correctly, at around 800ish ego, you get enough points to fully max your 9 perks. The additional 200 ego from leveling and stuff should be enough to cover the travel cost around the tree/ego grid. It may differ a bit between players depending on how they gained ego. I assumed players kill the mobs while doing quests like I did when I first started playing the game. I did not intentionally go out of my way for pursuits for the ego points.

Endgame in every online game is made of grind and repetition, maxing out level or whatever equivalent is used, unlock all skills and chase for ultimate gear. Defiance is no different on that side. Vets go for 5K+, fully max EGO grid and high end gear because that's the only things there are to do once you've finished the story.

Applying a single player logic to a multiplayer online game to prove how much smarter your are than those lowly vets who've been playing the game for over a year doesn't work. Which brings me back to my point, you still don't get what playing Defiance is about.

From a strict playthrough point of view, Defiance takes 20 hours at best, easily done in less than a week without even reaching 1K EGO using vendor only weapons.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Endgame in every online game is made of grind and repetition, blah blah blah....

Applying a single player logic to a multiplayer online game to prove how much smarter your are than those lowly vets who've been playing the game for over a year doesn't work. Which brings me back to my point, you still don't get what playing Defiance is about.

...Defiance takes 20 hours at best, easily done in less than a week without even reaching 1K EGO using vendor only weapons.

You don't get it, do you?

The rewards past 1k ego does not justify the time spent. Why do you think the forums are flooded with complaints after the loot nerfs? Same line of reasoning, time spent vs reward balance.

People grind endgames of games with high retention because they can see the improvement, whereas in defiance, it's very minimal.

That's fine, I may not understand your point of view on defiance's pointless grinding. I'm not trying to tell you how to play. If you enjoy grinding away, be my guest. Nowhere on my earlier posts said you shouldn't.

My posts are aimed at maximizing people's time. You said it's impossible to achieve a decent build with only 1k ego. I explained that's possible with respecc and ~800 ego.

While you can do the questline with vendor weapons, most people won't and will try getting better weapons because you can easily go from white-> purple and see drastic improvements. Likewise, until the 1k ego point, you also see great improvement to your character, therefore it's worthwhile of your time to level to that for your full enjoyment of what the game has to offer.

To me, going above 1k ego, is like working overtime for less than 1% of your regular pay, so yea, I won't do it, but you can!

Killgrow
08-10-2014, 03:46 PM
That is true, but you can log in with several different accounts at once.
Create 5 free accounts using 5 different e-mail addresses.
Repeat

You get the idea.

I tried it but got an error - failed to initialize display adapter.

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 04:08 PM
The rewards past 1k ego does not justify the time spent. Why do you think the forums are flooded with complaints after the loot nerfs? Same line of reasoning, time spent vs reward balance.

Don't let my forum registration date fool you, I've been playing the game for much, much longer than you. I know pretty well were it stands now, where it used to be, and have a quite clear idea where it is headed for.

Defiance is a time sink, as such "maximizing your time" doesn't make sense. If you really value profitable time investment it's not the type of game you should be playing in the fist place. That's why your advice is out of place.

Using your logic -waste the least time you can, right ?- leveling up to 1K EGO and looking for anything else than vendor weapons is a waste of time, as you can easily complete anything the game has to offer. That's your point isn't it ? Don't put more effort than necessary into the game.

Kuurong
08-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Not really, even an outdated pc can run 3-4 games at once, by putting them on the lowest settings with lowest resolutions. Keep in mind that they are afking at spawn spot where there are not explosions, grenades and stuff. It works if you have a decent pc to run it. Even if you don't, instead of running 5 clients, run less, say maybe 3. Still good way to make scrips

Seeing as I have an "outdated" PC, and can't even run one game, you logic fails.

Jet1337
08-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Seeing as I have an "outdated" PC, and can't even run one game, you logic fails.

What's your specs, braaaaahhhhh?

Kuurong
08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
What's your specs, braaaaahhhhh?

No idea.. I had upgraded the internals but then someone jacked them and I had to put back in everything I had taken out.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 04:34 PM
@deadeye68

I'm not in the mood to argue with you. It's not a waste of time if the time spend is for your entertainment. Getting full orange gear is part of the fulfilling chase of playing MMOs and my guide shows a method of achieving that at a good speed. Once I reached my goals, I'm done.

I can clearly see that in your case, you want that 5k ego, which as I said multiple times earlier, that is fine as well. This guide is clearly not aimed at players like you who enjoy grinding.

There is a difference between time well spent (for entertainment) and time wasted. It is clear that your opinion of the matter differs from mine.

I also have no doubt that you have been playing this game much longer than I. Your ability to tolerate mindless grinding, clearly and without a doubt, surpass mine. Congratulations.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 04:36 PM

How are you playing this game if you can't even run 1 game client? lolwut

lol Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Kuurong
08-10-2014, 04:37 PM
@deadeye68

I'm not in the mood to argue with you. It's not a waste of time if the time spend is for your entertainment. Getting full orange gear is part of the fulfilling chase of playing MMOs and my guide shows a method of achieving that at a good speed. Once I reached my goals, I'm done.

I can clearly see that in your case, you want that 5k ego, which as I said multiple times earlier, that is fine as well. This guide is clearly not aimed at players like you who enjoy grinding.

There is a difference between time well spent (for entertainment) and time wasted. It is clear that your opinion of the matter differs from mine.

I also have no doubt that you have been playing this game much longer than I. Your ability to tolerate mindless grinding, clearly and without a doubt, surpass mine. Congratulations.

If your talking to me I just have one question, do you understand what I'm talking about? if your not talking to me just ignore the question.

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 04:40 PM
If your talking to me I just have one question, do you understand what I'm talking about? if your not talking to me just ignore the question.

No, not to you, to the deadeye68 guy above.

Kuurong
08-10-2014, 04:52 PM
How are you playing this game if you can't even run 1 game client? lolwut

lol Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Look down at my Signature.. I would love to be on PC and play it but, I can't even load the game up.. So I will stick to my Eve Online for PC gaming.

Deunan
08-10-2014, 08:37 PM
And you're butthurt because now more people can do it? typical.You're displaying volumes of ignorance about this game and its developers in your posts. The devs have a reliable history of removing advantages like this from the game whenever a player posts something like this. Everyone knew about this but no one was foolish enough to post it in the forums because they knew that by doing so what is likely going to happen in one of the next patches would happen which is the removal of the ability to do this. All they have to do is disable woot loot at Tranquility Road to put an end to this.

It is very easy to make a few hundred thousand scrip in the game by actually playing the game if you actually know the game content and mechanics well enough.

Chump Norris
08-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Well on the bright side..maybe we can get an AFK kick timer.

That would make it a bit harder for the people who leave their character at the edge on conflict sites.

Halfsand
08-11-2014, 04:29 AM
You're displaying volumes of ignorance about this game and its developers in your posts. The devs have a reliable history of removing advantages like this from the game whenever a player posts something like this. Everyone knew about this but no one was foolish enough to post it in the forums because they knew that by doing so what is likely going to happen in one of the next patches would happen which is the removal of the ability to do this. All they have to do is disable woot loot at Tranquility Road to put an end to this.

I've talked to new players in this game during my progression and especially the ones below 1k ego ratings (the targets of this guide). Most if not all of those players did not know about this. I'm sure all you vets know about this, I mean, how could you not after spending like 9999999+ hours? But by keeping it to yourself under the pretense that if you told the new players it will get nerfed is just plain selfish. I mean, seriously, it's not like you vets need the scrips as much as fresh starters.

Besides, if they were going to nerf it, they probably would have done it already, like a looong time ago. Give the developers a little more credit would you? "You're displaying volumes of ignorance about this game and [to] its developers."

It is very easy to make a few hundred thousand scrip in the game by actually playing the game if you actually know the game content and mechanics well enough.

Again, the butthurt from vets like you, with the mentality of the following:

"If I have to grind my behind off, I must make sure that all the new players do as well. After all, can't have those newbies making good amounts of scrip AFKing while I slave over some content on my 9999th run-through for a few 'easy' hundred thousand scrips per day of playing. I must stroke my epeen with my superiority complex, by showing off my knowledge of the game's mechanisms of locations to mindless grind."

And/or

"With deep regrets, I spent the last year or two grinding, i'm f-ing bored after acquiring my gears. But I better make sure all the new players experience the same amount of abuse and suffering to even approach my level of gear progression, even though when I grinded for the past year or so, I had better loot compared to the new dumbed down version."

Why are you so afraid of a little competition and other's progression? Hell, it's not even competition, seeing that this is a co-op PvE game. A little too overexcited by your own scores on events and you feel threatened that if newbies got better weapons they may approach your spots on the scoreboard? lol you should know that majority of the new players don't give a damn about those scores, they just want to have fun.

Firefall finished downloading. I'm going to try out that game for the next little while. There is no point of me replying to a forum of a game I no longer play. Go easy on the butthurt, 'defiance pro'. laterz

Deunan
08-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I've talked to new players in this game during my progression and especially the ones below 1k ego ratings (the targets of this guide). Most if not all of those players did not know about this. I'm sure all you vets know about this, I mean, how could you not after spending like 9999999+ hours? But by keeping it to yourself under the pretense that if you told the new players it will get nerfed is just plain selfish. I mean, seriously, it's not like you vets need the scrips as much as fresh starters.We don't keep it to ourselves. We just don't publish it on the forums because we recognize the idiocy of doing so. Your narcissistic self delusions and ignorance notwithstanding, the devs don't connect the dots on things like this because they would have to play the game with the kind of regularity that a devoted player plays the game, something that is painfully clear to many that they do not do.

This isn't about any of us trying to keep knowledge from other players as we do share this knowledge with other players in a more intelligent way. That's simply a pathetic defensive response on your part in a hollow attempt to defend the stupidity of your actions in this thread.

Kyosji
08-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Isn't doing what OP mentioned against the EULA? For some reason I thought I read that creating multiple accounts like this was not allowed.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Well on the bright side..maybe we can get an AFK kick timer.

That's something I'd fully endorse.

SymbolicGamer
08-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Those things don't work. There's always ways to circumvent it.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 08:39 AM
The matter here is moot, it takes 60 to 80 hours to max out your EGO grid and hit 5K+ EGO. If that's too much investment for anyone, then you're playing the wrong type of game.