PDA

View Full Version : Trion this is your competition for real........you will see...!!!

cuba 666
08-10-2014, 01:03 PM
If you don't change the keys and the arkforges situation....this is the real prediction.
1. September (DESTINY)
2. November (FAR CRY 4)
And last for your ENDGAME....3. December (ESO..or what I like to call ELDER SCROLL ONLINE) and HAPPY NEW YEAR.....
NOW THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO REAL CHANGE EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL.......IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR MARKETING AND OTHERS......BECAUSE....TICK, TACK, TICK, TACK.....!!!!!
Ohh btw I can see the future.......!!!!!!

Iceberg
08-10-2014, 01:05 PM
For me the clock is ticking, when 9/9 comes I will be busy for a few months or more. The question well then be, what can Defiance offer me during my down times?

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Oh, full sentences in caps and lots of exclamation marks.

You must be saying some important stuff.

AceRimmer
08-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Well, by that note, you could say:
New COD
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment-asia version is awesome, western with proper translation even better lol
Risen 3 August 15th
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Collection
A whole host of Indy games for download
Fantasy Life
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Bayonetta 2
New Zelda

There will always be new games, and new players, Defiance won't die just yet.

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Defiance won't die just yet.

I hate to say it, but Defiance will be aiming for a different demographic pretty soon. We the old guard are deemed acceptable loses in the process.

We have here conflicting views. Devs consider players should play the game the way the game wants them to play, players want to play the game the way they want to.

Make choices because they want to, not because they're forced to.

ratpie
08-10-2014, 01:21 PM
1. Destiny- if its anything like halo and i have to empty both clips from both guns to kill someone i wont play it.
2. Far cry 4- 1 was ok / 2 sucked / 3 was good / 4 looks like a rehash of 3.
3. ESO- beta was meh.

Allocater
08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Fun fact: I confused Destiny with Defiance. (both start with D)

When I heard that Destiny is now open beta, I went to steam and saw it on the start screen "free 2 play". Downloaded it. Turned out I downloaded Defiance. Now I played 50h+ and enjoyed it so far, but balancing and rewards are seriously wrong. It's a great engine, great snappy and fun gameplay, a great story and cut-scenes, great art direction and a great game, hampered by wrong balancing :-(

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 01:30 PM
great snappy and fun gameplay

If it weren't for that Defiance would be a ghost town. The core gameplay is great, many things around it not so much.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Well, not to defend Trion or any of their recent moves, but as a PC player all i can say is meh.

Destiny is not an option, or at least not anytime soon, and co-op games with a lobby are not my thing, i can play Warfarm and see sexy latex suits if i want that.

ESO is laughable and a disgrace to the Elder Scrolls name. Quite a disappointment as well, to a long time fan of the series. Granted i didn't spend the $60 to check it out, the Angry Joe review was more than enough for me. I will probably try it when it goes f2p, but any game i have played with that tab targeting stuff has bored me and is just not for me.

Far Cry are single player games also, i think, right ? I do enjoy open world sandbox type games almost exclusively, but the modern setting is not really my thing.

i'm not really sure what game i'll play next, but when it gets to a point that i need to spend $$$ to keep using my favorite guns i will be looking at what the competition has to offer.

adrokier
08-10-2014, 01:41 PM
And guys they dnt react on Bug Rerports and Issues for PS3 Gamers, we have since the start of SV no Voice Chat and many ppl dnt have Skype or even computers thats why they playing on PS3 .. to have it all in one ... for non techies ...

But they doin fixes on PTS, I cant understand that there seems no respect for paying PS3 Gamers, we dnt have F2P and we have many new Gamers they dnt even know that there is / was a Voice Chat .. poor poor poor .. and whats going on... ?

I feel no respect from that side ,,, I know that the employees cant change that, seems there is no investment in that Company and only a few ppl should do the whole work ... there is no other way to see that ...

And seems that there is no Support online anymore, right?

Iceberg
08-10-2014, 02:23 PM
1. Destiny- if its anything like halo and i have to empty both clips from both guns to kill someone i wont play it.

What? I never had to empty whole mags into things to kill them.

Maixx
08-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Add BL1.5 to that list

N3gativeCr33p
08-10-2014, 02:41 PM
<snip> the Angry Joe review was more than enough for me. <snip>

I stopped right here... I would sooner ask a homeless person for a game review than listen to that clownshoe.

Piers
08-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I stopped right here... I would sooner ask a homeless person for a game review than listen to that clownshoe.

AngryJoe is a good reviewer, besides most of the stuff in his Defiance review is true.

N3gativeCr33p
08-10-2014, 02:51 PM
AngryJoe is a good reviewer, besides most of the stuff in his Defiance review is true.

Good reviewer compared to who... IGN?

Piers
08-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Good reviewer compared to who... IGN?

Compared to a lot of reviewers, and he's honest. Something most people can't be these days.

fighterpilot04
08-10-2014, 03:12 PM
If you don't change the keys and the arkforges situation....this is the real prediction.
1. September (DESTINY)
2. November (FAR CRY 4)
And last for your ENDGAME....3. December (ESO..or what I like to call ELDER SCROLL ONLINE) and HAPPY NEW YEAR.....
NOW THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO REAL CHANGE EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL.......IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR MARKETING AND OTHERS......BECAUSE....TICK, TACK, TICK, TACK.....!!!!!

the tick tock doesnt start in september with destiny. you overlooked reaper of soles coming to console in mid august. that will probably carry at least the playstation crowd over until destiny drops. ive already seen many long time defiance players logging into diablo 3 every night for the last week and a half.

RobDaCool
08-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Again with the Destiny thingie. I hate you console gamers lol

eirich_liath
08-10-2014, 03:29 PM
I am actually really looking forward to Far Cry 4.

And, it does have online "co-op" play.
Map is different. Himalayas or similar.

Riding elephants looks like a blast!
Even the terrain looks good. Elements and such.
But, will reserve 100% judgment til played.

Will give Destiny a shot, but...We'll see.

I really liked Defiance when I put it in over a year ago. I understand things change, but to change an entire game completely doesn't bode well with me.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Compared to a lot of reviewers, and he's honest. Something most people can't be these days.

Yeah, not saying i like the guy or anything, he seems like a real macho ****** type, but his reviews do seem honest and i really just wanted to see gameplay footage as the character creator footage had me sold. And it was by no means the only review i watched. Also he gets cheap laughs out of me, and i can always use a good chuckle. But regardless of your opinions on the reviewer i mentioned my point still stands, as someone who enjoyed the first four (yes, i am that old) Elder Scrolls games immensely the online offering has no appeal to me. None. Pretty sure Todd Howard does not consider it cannon, either.

EDIT: they censor Dee - bag, even lol

Yrkul
08-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm having a blast with Firefall atm. And Destiny is coming to PC next March. Sometime out in the future The Division looms, and Warframe is an option as well.

One would think Trion would be a little more careful with so many alternatives around and on the horizon.

cuba 666
08-10-2014, 03:40 PM
The whole point those game will create 1 to 2 months for gamers on Defiance each game no matter if the game is for single player, that will create a big loop of at list 6 months or what like to call a big HOLE..........They better change the way of grinding because they will not find a shovel.....

Jet1337
08-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Hahahaha! You're funny, kid.

Perchta
08-10-2014, 03:55 PM
To the OP.

ESO is about as screwed up as Defiance. I played beta, pre-ordered so I could get in 5 days early and burned about about a few weeks ago when I came here to Defiance. The Devs over there don't know their ***** from fence line of post holes. When I left there was only one really viable character build and if you didn't build that way from the start you had to respec which cost a massive amount of game money(not real but money you make in game), Then the blow to the game that made me take a break: Veteran content was totally nerfed to appease the whiners that couldn't compete. ESO is a danger only unto itself.

Jet1337
08-10-2014, 04:02 PM
To the OP.

ESO is about as screwed up as Defiance. I played beta, pre-ordered so I could get in 5 days early and burned about about a few weeks ago when I came here to Defiance. The Devs over there don't know their ***** from fence line of post holes. When I left there was only one really viable character build and if you didn't build that way from the start you had to respec which cost a massive amount of game money(not real but money you make in game), Then the blow to the game that made me take a break: Veteran content was totally nerfed to appease the whiners that couldn't compete. ESO is a danger only unto itself.

I wouldn't say about. At least the game didn't boot me off the server every 20 minutes or so. The only thing I really see wrong with the game from what I've experienced is the lack of immersion due to the morons at Zenimax choosing to use the stupidly outdated Hero game engine instead of building the game from scratch. That and typical MMO mechanics like enemy projectiles homing in at you through objects, bad collision-detection, some quest bugs, and other "normal" MMO problems.

Also, that game is no true Elder Scrolls game. I'm VR2 and I don't have a daedric artifact. The hell is this ****? xD

Halfsand
08-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Trion are aware of the competition, probably a long time ago.

None of the games you listed are f2p (correct me if i'm wrong), however defiance is.

Developers are most likely banking on f2pers coming to their game and trying it out, hoping to retain some players. Generally, people will try out a f2p game if it looks half decent, so for the first "few" (?) years, the game probably won't burn out of newcomers. Because the stuff is free and nowdays, it doesn't take much to download, people are inclined to try it out. If you don't believe me, check out my 240k+ scrip per hour guide, it is totally based on number of new characters created everyday. I can tell you that there is no shortage at the moment.

As for retention, that's another matter. Currently, I feel the game stops at around 1k ego or around 2 week worth of playing. Others may disagree. However, if i'm right, you would only see a bunch of low level players and very few vets. A high turnover is not necessarily a bad thing (for trion), provided you can milk them before they leave. Many f2p games do that and survive fine/thrive; but their premium stores are a lot better/advanced than what defiance's bit store currently is. Based on the general consensus on the forums, it appears to be the strategy they are going for, which again, I have no problem with. To an extend, I feel that it's also the best strategy as it significantly cuts down development costs of constantly creating new and challenging contents, when you can just use your current content. Subtle Pay to Win is also another good direction for money, although sometimes the bad PR is not worth it. For this game, I personally feel it is completely fine because it is mostly PvE rather than PvP. After all, why would you feel bad if your buddy on your team is kill that boss you're struggling so hard with? PvP and P2W are a bad combination, which is not a huge issue in defiance (my opinion) because it's a PvE game.

Perchta
08-10-2014, 04:43 PM
My bet is ESO is F2P 12-18 months from when it went live. There has already been a large player exodus due to constant changes for no reason, nerfs to appease cry babies and the killing of top end content. I'm topped out on Vet levels, it was a tough fight there but fun. Have a second character at V4 and with the changes it's like walking in the part smelling the flowers and smiling at the single women. A challenging fight it isn't

Arsenic_Touch
08-10-2014, 04:50 PM
ESO is laughable and a disgrace to the Elder Scrolls name. Quite a disappointment as well, to a long time fan of the series. Granted i didn't spend the $60 to check it out, the Angry Joe review was more than enough for me. I will probably try it when it goes f2p, but any game i have played with that tab targeting stuff has bored me and is just not for me.

Far Cry are single player games also, i think, right ? I do enjoy open world sandbox type games almost exclusively, but the modern setting is not really my thing.

So you based your opinion on a review that was not only inaccurate, but disingenuous? ...ESO doesn't have tab targetting.... where did you get that idea? Yes you can hit tab or whatever your keybind is set too but you aren't going to hit said target unless your reticle is aimed at them. The tab highlight is simply a highlight that way you can see a specific target in the midst of a group, but again you aren't going to hit said target if something else is standing in front of it. Angry joe's review was a joke and didn't reflect the game at all. Not to mention the majority of his opinions were rehashed from what he saw posted on the forum and not from what he experienced himself.

Perchta
08-10-2014, 04:55 PM
"ESO doesn't have tab targetting" Yes it does. In ESO I use tab targeting all the time to select Healers so I can take them out first. You just don't have to use tab targeting in ESO if you don't want to. Big difference.

Marshal Law
08-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Well in my opinion ESO does not suck, nor is it screwed up. There were some bugs that effected SOME quests but the game was far FAR from broken as some of you like to say after your 2 days of testing. ESO is probably the best themeparkish MMO I have played since EQ1 and that is saying a lot. I also reached VR10 before the Craglorn patch but I just love to do quests.

Anyone here reading and thinking about playing ESO please make the decision yourselves. Watch someone stream it but do not base it on Angry Joe or people that said leveling was too hard and tedious.

Marshal Law
08-10-2014, 05:08 PM
My bet is ESO is F2P 12-18 months from when it went live. There has already been a large player exodus due to constant changes for no reason, nerfs to appease cry babies and the killing of top end content. I'm topped out on Vet levels, it was a tough fight there but fun. Have a second character at V4 and with the changes it's like walking in the part smelling the flowers and smiling at the single women. A challenging fight it isn't

I guess you played a DK? I can sense this from your tone about class nerfs. Class has been grossly OP since launch which is why I did not play one.

Lillith Valerian
08-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Yeah, no. That guy is really...pick an adjective that would get me infracted, yet again.

His 'reviews' are a joke, he's sexist as hell, and he only exists to give 'bros' cheap laughs. After what I've seen of him, I'd trust his opinion about as far as I could throw the internet.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-10-2014, 05:24 PM
@ Arsenic_Touch

Really ?!? It isn't tab-targeting ? Well, if you have to aim then why even select a target ? So i would have to click or cycle through each enemy before being able to attack them ? i don't really get it, why can i not just attack, why must i confirm my target first ? And yeah, i guess i am confusing it with another game if you really do get to aim. Interesting. Honestly his (Angry Joe) opinions seemed to be only frustration from things not working properly and the footage he showed was of a pretty broken game. Or at least the quests did not work/end properly and his friend could not share quests with him. And none of what i took away from it was his opinion that came from the forums, as you say, it was him describing while also showing these frustrating bugs. Basically it told me wait a while until things are fixed and take another look down the road.

The main thing that swayed me against purchasing the game (i did apply multiple times to be a beta tester way back when) were the opinions and screenshots from the 4chan/vg/ thread for ESO. Those are my kind of people and they have never steered me wrong. And looking at the /vg/ catalog (http://boards.4chan.org/vg/catalog) right now it seems there isn't even an ESO thread anymore. So if the suicidal pedo neckbeards at 4 chan have already given up on the game, well that says plenty for me. And yes, there is no Defiance thread there either. There is one for Destiny and Firefall though.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, honestly i should have never said that reviewers name, his loud and usually comical musings just stuck with me i guess.

i claim to know nothing about anything, i just wanted to express to the OP that ESO, to me personally, is no competition for Defiance. Not even the same genre. Elder Scrolls has a rich history and lore that i have always enjoyed but from what i was able to deduce from the internet it had nothing to offer me. When i played Oblivion i made my own goals, and filled my mansion with trophys from all over the world. Hearing that there would be no player housing was most upsetting, and please correct me if now you can steal things and arrange them in your house, as i really was looking forward to a non-single player Elder Scrolls experience.

BJWyler
08-10-2014, 05:38 PM
After what I've seen of him, I'd trust his opinion about as far as I could throw the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg

cuba 666
08-10-2014, 05:42 PM
DIVISION......................early next year...

TwistedEvil
08-10-2014, 06:16 PM
1. September (DESTINY)
2. November (FAR CRY 4)

lol, first person games are garbage...the only one on ur list that is worth a d**n is ESO (PS4 platform of course).

Perchta
08-10-2014, 06:17 PM
I played two of each class with different builds. My V10 is an NB that uses all Class skills except 3 Bow skills. So you'd be wrong

Marshal Law
08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Well DK needed a good nerf so I figured you were crying.

Jet1337
08-11-2014, 04:18 AM
To all the non-ESO players out there, ESO is non-canon. That alone should dissuade you from getting the game. I mean, why else would you play ESO if it has nothing to do with the storyline? To get the nasty taste that Defiance left in your mouth? To see the other regions of Tamriel? There are mods for that on the pc version of Skyrim and Oblivion.

The combat in ESO feels very outdated. You will get bored of combat. If you want to play a magic-based character, you have to pick a class for that. It doesn't offer you the freedom to do whatever you want like in other TES games. There is no stealth play. If you attack a mob in a group, they're all coming after you. Zenimax said the DB and Thieves Guild will be introduced at some point, but as of yet there is no solid date on that, nor is there a solid date for this new justice system they have planned.

There is no spell crafting, you can't own a home, fast-travel costs an arm and a leg if you do that a lot, a mount will cost you a lot unless you pay another $20 for the Imperial Edition, no daedric shrine quests, the unavoidable lag of an MMO, and the inability to visit other parts of Tamriel until you complete your faction's main quest to name a few. Even when you are able to go to all of the other faction's regions, there are still a lot of places of Tamriel that you can't visit because they don't exist in the game like Vvardenfell, Western and Central Skyrim, and Solstheim.

I could go on all day about why this game doesn't deserve to have the title of "Elder Scrolls" in its name, but I'll let you guys have fun with that.

RobDaCool
08-11-2014, 05:32 AM
To all the non-ESO players out there, ESO is non-canon. That alone should dissuade you from getting the game. I mean, why else would you play ESO if it has nothing to do with the storyline? To get the nasty taste that Defiance left in your mouth? To see the other regions of Tamriel? There are mods for that on the pc version of Skyrim and Oblivion.

The combat in ESO feels very outdated. You will get bored of combat. If you want to play a magic-based character, you have to pick a class for that. It doesn't offer you the freedom to do whatever you want like in other TES games. There is no stealth play. If you attack a mob in a group, they're all coming after you. Zenimax said the DB and Thieves Guild will be introduced at some point, but as of yet there is no solid date on that, nor is there a solid date for this new justice system they have planned.

There is no spell crafting, you can't own a home, fast-travel costs an arm and a leg if you do that a lot, a mount will cost you a lot unless you pay another $20 for the Imperial Edition, no daedric shrine quests, the unavoidable lag of an MMO, and the inability to visit other parts of Tamriel until you complete your faction's main quest to name a few. Even when you are able to go to all of the other faction's regions, there are still a lot of places of Tamriel that you can't visit because they don't exist in the game like Vvardenfell, Western and Central Skyrim, and Solstheim.

I could go on all day about why this game doesn't deserve to have the title of "Elder Scrolls" in its name, but I'll let you guys have fun with that.

I decided not to play ESO when I learned they where using the hero engine lol

drackiller
08-11-2014, 11:19 AM

You are a funny guy, lol.
No you don`t need to fire several clips to kill normal foes, yes bosses are hard to kil but that is expected in any game, but they are not made impossible also.
Snipers in Destiny one shot kill, like snipers should work in any game.

Lets see, Defiance, sometimes you need nearly one thousend, if not more, bullets to kill a simple enemy.
Bosses where made almost impossible to kill like the Warmaster.
Snipers don`t work like snipers, etc, etc.

Like i said, you are funny.

Perchta
08-11-2014, 12:25 PM
ESO was developed/prototyped using Hero. ESO however was not released on Hero, yes I know there is code that IDs Hero but it's just code that wasn't removed when the prototype ESO was ported over their custom engine. Havoc was used when ESO was on Hero and the custom engine.

Spell crafting is coming within next 12 months as is housing and a few other things.

I played closed and open beta then early access via pre-order Imperial (horse, playable race, Rings of Mara, pet and treasure maps were worth the extra $20 to me). Played till about a month ago when I came to Defiance for a break. Dev nerfing Vet content made me to decide to make my vacation longer in hope the Devs will get their sheet together. My subscription expired a week ago.

I agree it doesn't deserve the Elder Scrolls title.