PDA

View Full Version : Invasions "Crapping Out?"

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Kiwi (or Devs): Is there any indication of what is up with the Silicon Valley Invasion events (Miner Disciples) almost always crapping out?

You'll show up for one and find NOTHING happening at all, and it will remain in that state for the better part of an hour. On the other hand, you can show up for one that is actually working, complete the event (and get the end score/reward screen), only for it to keep on going with new Evangels taking the place of the destroyed ones (usually just the first destroyed one) for no apparent reason.

This, coupled with the issue of often seeing Silicon Guardians and Technical Difficulties crapping out (oh look, "furniture" and NPCs standing around, but the Grid appear to have spawned deep underground), is making Silicon Valley a rather frustrating location to spend time within.

Iceberg
08-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking its a display bug that is occurring. Unless its a spawn issue with the towers going under the ground....who knows.

N3gativeCr33p
08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
This, coupled with the issue of often seeing Silicon Guardians and Technical Difficulties crapping out (oh look, "furniture" and NPCs standing around, but the Grid appear to have spawned deep underground), is making Silicon Valley a rather frustrating location to spend time within.

Crap like this almost made me throw my controller in anger a few times earlier today.

dramaQkarri
08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Once one finishes it is HOURS before anything shows up again. We could love these to happen at least every 2 hours! Seems to be all kinds of weird stuff down there in SV.
I put in a bug report last night on this:
Dropped 4 spikes for major last night in SV. Finished outside, tried to go in. After a minute or so I ended up back in the same field with spots to plant 4 MORE spikes. So I bought 4 more, planted them, got inside, battled WM (lost of course - about 8 of us there). Got back out into an instance with 2 stalled Miner Disciple conversion spots stalled.

Also have had lots of stuck conversion emergencies.

It would be good fun if the glitches could get minimized.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
the spawn rates are messed up , invasions get stuck , grid road jobs get stuck, minor arkfalls grid not spawning

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm glad all of you guys are getting my share of enjoyment.

dramaQkarri
08-10-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm glad all of you guys are getting my share of enjoyment.

POTATO!

We broke it again.

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 02:54 PM
POTATO!

We broke it again.

Can't break what's already broken.

1+1= eleventy

dramaQkarri
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM

1+1= eleventy

We have entered The Age Of Counterintuitivity.

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 03:05 PM
We have entered The Age Of Counterintuitivity.

Sorry I don't know any big words. Please stick to 2 syllables or less.

dramaQkarri
08-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Counterintuitivity = sense that does not make

So We have entered The Age Of sense that does not make

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Counterintuitivity = sense that does not make

So We have entered The Age Of sense that does not make babies

Fixed it I think.

Yrkul
08-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Events in the main zone are being wobbly as well. Looks like the event manager was shipped out a liiiittle bit too early.

Oh, and gooberfish...

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Events in the main zone are being wobbly as well. Looks like the event manager was shipped out a liiiittle bit too early.

Oh, and gooberfish...

The new event manager HASN'T been implemented in the live game. That's the next patch that's coming, currently on the public test server.

Iceberg
08-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Potato has 3 though.....

konstantinov
08-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Potato has 3 though.....

Can't pronounce it.

Bonehead
08-10-2014, 10:28 PM

1+1= eleventy

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zps51699f53.gif

Yrkul
08-10-2014, 11:39 PM
The new event manager HASN'T been implemented in the live game. That's the next patch that's coming, currently on the public test server.
Ah. I took the fact that the Mt. Tam incursion is appearing as an indication of it being implemented. In any case, SOMEONE did SOMETHING to the way events are handled.

Kellmourn
08-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Not to mention the rewards for completing the the SV incursions have only been some ground drops and a few keys. Seriously and you expect me to want to show up and do this? Kill 50 or more mobs which then spawn other mobs and all I get is a few keys? I can clear emergencies faster.