PDA

View Full Version : Q About weapon skill leveling critera

Sevrin
08-10-2014, 05:35 PM
I have been focusing on leveling weapon skills this week (not out of choice mind you :mad:). And it has got me to wondering about the criteria for skill leveling. Is it different for each weapon class. If so, what is the different criteria. Or is it just something like 1:1 damage regardless of the class.

(I started thinking about this because it seemed that it took me nearly twice as long in real time to level my bolt action sniper than my auto sniper even though I used the same tactics -- and even though I estimate the overall dps between the two rifles I used to be roughly equal.)

If this has already been covered in this forum, please direct me. I tried searching for it but was unable to find the answers I was looking for.

Thanks.

Smiit
08-10-2014, 06:24 PM
I believe it calculates by a mix of xp, dmg, and use of the weapon. I have always wondered if they do. I just assumed that weapon skills leveled up slower than others and thats that. There is probably a purpose behind it but no one seems to really care lol.

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 07:07 PM
If I recall correctly, it is only based on damage, and with the recent changes in the Silicon Valley update, they will all now be back to the pre-DLC5 pace of leveling. After DLC5, you could level weapon types much faster based on the tiers of the enemies, your EGO level, you weapon's EGO level, etc. Now the slog has returned.