PDA

View Full Version : the bribes on the store....

Drunk
08-10-2014, 06:19 PM
am just curious coz i can't see the info elsewhere but how many points do u get when u buy one of the bribes?

Chump Norris
08-10-2014, 06:21 PM
100 rep per.

Ruinne
08-10-2014, 06:22 PM
100 rep per.

You're joking.

jamielarz
08-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Really wish we were joking..but yeah..I purchased one since I had some extra bits I havent used and only 100 per bribe...kinda stinks.

Pandur
08-10-2014, 06:57 PM
So 100 Rep for nearly 10$ ? I see they still didn't manage to find the word micro in the dictionary.

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Yup, just 100. That's less than you can get in a week of dailies and a weekly for most factions, though it is more than you can get in a week for Chimera.

I just want to see the chump who says, "Well, I COULD just quickly go to one Tarr crate each day and get 120 rep for Tarr Family, but I'd rather spend ten bucks to get 100 and bypass all that holding down the square button for a few seconds each day."

Chump Norris
08-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Yup, just 100. That's less than you can get in a week of dailies and a weekly for most factions, though it is more than you can get in a week for Chimera.

I just want to see the chump who says, "Well, I COULD just quickly go to one Tarr crate each day and get 120 rep for Tarr Family, but I'd rather spend ten bucks to get 100 and bypass all that holding down the square button for a few seconds each day."

It wont be this chump ;)

Pandur
08-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Actually thinking about it, maybe Trion did read up on Micro but applied it wrong.

After all the payout for the boxes is Micro.

hiban
08-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I think they have mistaken the proper placement of "Micro" and that's the reason why they have "normal payments" for "micro-rewards".

hardy83
08-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Almost $10 for 100 rep and a slim chance at a rep lockbox.

Yeah.....It kind of brings the bit store to a new low.

It's funny too. Rifts credit store, for the most part, is priced pretty fairly, save for the gear which is ridiculously overpriced, but this game? Pretty much everything is overpriced.
The inventory slots, the arkforge, the vehicles, the outfits, the lockboxes, the brides. All, so stupidly overpriced.

DeadEye68
08-10-2014, 07:25 PM
So 100 Rep for nearly 10$ ? I see they still didn't manage to find the word micro in the dictionary.

Using a micro dictionary probably, makes finding words extra hard.

Bonehead
08-10-2014, 07:26 PM
You're joking.

Swear to God!

PTR47
08-10-2014, 08:20 PM
100 rep is a week's work. I don't think it should be there in the first place, but it definitely shouldn't be cheap.

nathanpbutler
08-10-2014, 08:24 PM
100 rep is a week's work. I don't think it should be there in the first place, but it definitely shouldn't be cheap.

It is less than a week's work for any faction other than Chimera, since Chimera has no weekly. Otherwise, it's 20 rep shy of a week's work for most factions, and even less than a week's work for 7th Legion, since Incursions add 5 rep each time.

As for it being "work" that should not be cheap because it is a time sink . . . I'd agree with that, to a point, with two exceptions: Defiant Few and Tarr Family. Defiant Few is rather quick each week and takes a matter of a few SECONDS each day for dailies. Tarr Family is even worst, since you can knock that out in a few seconds each day, which will automatically get you the weekly on the fifth day.

Either way, $10 to save a week's worth is definitely "whale" territory. To those of us of the "middle class," it's ridiculous territory.

Iceberg
08-10-2014, 08:26 PM
You're joking.

If we were joking I would say, A game dev, a creative lead, and a community manager walk into a bar.....

PTR47
08-10-2014, 08:29 PM
It is less than a week's work for any faction other than Chimera, since Chimera has no weekly. Otherwise, it's 20 rep shy of a week's work for most factions, and even less than a week's work for 7th Legion, since Incursions add 5 rep each time.

As for it being "work" that should not be cheap because it is a time sink . . . I'd agree with that, to a point, with two exceptions: Defiant Few and Tarr Family. Defiant Few is rather quick each week and takes a matter of a few SECONDS each day for dailies. Tarr Family is even worst, since you can knock that out in a few seconds each day, which will automatically get you the weekly on the fifth day.

Either way, $10 to save a week's worth is definitely "whale" territory. To those of us of the "middle class," it's ridiculous territory.

Ya, I'd generally agree with that.

120 rep per week should not be trivialized. I'm looking particularly at Gunslinger lockboxes, which are the most valuable, IMO. Should be whale territory. Anyone who buys Tarr rep, well, not much to say, but across the board, the ****-block should be respected by severe penalties in the store.

jackdaws_1999
08-10-2014, 08:40 PM
... the outfits, the lockboxes, the brides. All, so stupidly overpriced.

The Brides? I can buy a bride there? Damn the bit store just got interesting... Finally something worth buying Bits for... I mean I already have the worlds most fantastic wife, but Im sure I could find the room for a second or third.... Oh wait, you meant Bribes.. damnit, who want to spend bits on Bribes...

Now brides.... I could get behind that as a cash cow income...

jackdaws_1999
08-10-2014, 08:59 PM
If we were joking I would say, A game dev, a creative lead, and a community manager walk into a bar.....

Is that the one where all three say "Ouch"? I sincerly hope so...

DIS
08-11-2014, 01:02 AM
The Brides? I can buy a bride there? Damn the bit store just got interesting... Finally something worth buying Bits for... I mean I already have the worlds most fantastic wife, but Im sure I could find the room for a second or third.... Oh wait, you meant Bribes.. damnit, who want to spend bits on Bribes...

Now brides.... I could get behind that as a cash cow income...

I can get you a bride for $10, meet me in that dark alley over there and ten minutes. Also, do you speak any Russian?

konstantinov
08-11-2014, 01:04 AM
I think they have mistaken the proper placement of "Micro" and that's the reason why they have "normal payments" for "micro-rewards".

It's opposite land.

jackdaws_1999
08-11-2014, 01:21 AM
I can get you a bride for $10, meet me in that dark alley over there and ten minutes. Also, do you speak any Russian?

Ok, now Im confused, why would I need to bribe a russian? unless your on about Brides... in which case we have plenty of those in the UK... All stunning, all tall, all really handy with a knife... and as such mildly undesirable in a wife... as opposed to my wife who is stunning, short, handy with a Kukri, and totally not standing over me as I type this... much...

lukeskyw
08-11-2014, 04:03 AM
Defiance is feeling more pay to win than free to play now. Not even mentioning the people who pay for aimbot....

Ruinne
08-11-2014, 05:45 AM

I am absolutely stunned. There is absolutely no concept of value with this bit store. Zero.

RobDaCool
08-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Defiance is feeling more pay to win than free to play now. Not even mentioning the people who pay for aimbot....

Call me cheap or whatever, but I'd rather run around with the worst gear in a game then pay to win.

crazyged
08-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Don't forget, some of this rep is useless without cores, which you're gonna have to grind for anyway...