PDA

View Full Version : So.. i finished the game at 1000 EGO?

Coobekh
08-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Hello,
ok, so basically my question is: What i am supposed to do when i finished all quests and side quests and some others, and im 1000 ego?
I think, it is some huge-***-major issue to the game, if developers expect from players to farm that much. Srsly? It took me 1000 ego to finish all quests? And im supposed to farm now, 4x more ego rating than finishing the game gives? max is 5900 or 5800, right? on events? I got bored with them after finishing every kind of them, about 4-5 times already..
So what do i do?

Bonehead
08-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Whatever you want. There are several pursuits to finish and contracts to do but at this point in the game it's up to you.

crazyged
08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah, the actual storyline was actually a bit meh for me and just something to get out of the way.

My clannies, friends and the quest for 5k is what kept me in the game.

Coobekh
08-11-2014, 01:34 AM
This sux...

konstantinov
08-11-2014, 01:35 AM
This sux...

Shoot at anything that moves. A N Y T H I N G.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Hello,
ok, so basically my question is: What i am supposed to do when i finished all quests and side quests and some others, and im 1000 ego?
I think, it is some huge-***-major issue to the game, if developers expect from players to farm that much. Srsly? It took me 1000 ego to finish all quests? And im supposed to farm now, 4x more ego rating than finishing the game gives? max is 5900 or 5800, right? on events? I got bored with them after finishing every kind of them, about 4-5 times already..
So what do i do?

Pay close attention to your F2P players TRION.
If you think you can milk them...

Coobekh
08-11-2014, 01:54 AM
thanks everybody for responses..
im not sure what u mean, drackkiller?

Shoot at anything that moves. A N Y T H I N G. yeah.. im gonna just shoot the mobs for 4900 ego rating... :) great...

drackiller
08-11-2014, 01:56 AM

Trion thinks that the F2P players are the chicken of golden eggs.

Coobekh
08-11-2014, 02:03 AM
So, what are yo saying? That i should buy all DLC? From what i saw so far, im not so convinced that its good idea. This seems poor, at least...

it took me, what, 3 days to complete storyline and every side quest?

drackiller
08-11-2014, 02:10 AM
So, what are yo saying? That i should buy all DLC? From what i saw so far, im not so convinced that its good idea. This seems poor, at least...

it took me, what, 3 days to complete storyline?

You definetelly not getting my sarcasm m8. What i`m trying to ssay is that Trion is expecting that new players start droping money to buy bits and then buy stuff in the store.
But if you are already bored with the gane after 3 days, more like you will feel the same and will not waste timeplaying it more then that till they get bored.

We the ones that have payed for the game had to stick with it because we needed to make our moneys worth from the package , but new players, F2P will feel no kind of attachment to the game after finishing the main story line and, well it will be up to each player to decide.

Ps: game was fun because it used to reward well after the events, now it doesn`t reward at all, to me that is equal to no fun.

Riz
08-11-2014, 02:14 AM
A 1000 EGO can easily be reached without paying for anything in the game. If one picks up the trash on the ground he's able to finish the storyline at that EGO and admittedly after that there's not much to do afterwards besides finishing pursuits and completing events. No secret that players that havent paid a good amount of money for a game find it easier to quit that game. They dont have to get their money's worth out of it by playing many hours.

And like Drackiller said, that's where it will go wrong! When a F2P player finished the storyline, decides to farm some more EGO and reaches the point of getting bored he/she will take a good long look at the game and come to a conclusion:
- The game is laggy and the servers are instable.
- My best weapons are now useless at EGO 1500 while i'm at EGO 2500
- I need new gear but the ingame ways have been shut down, no rewards and the droprates of OJ's are low.
- If i continue to play i'm forced to buy Arkforge in the store.
- So... It's time to spent on a game that i'm already bored with...
-... Or it's time to move on to another game.

With many exciting triple-A titles coming soon it's very likely that the F2P-game gets shelfed, it didnt cost money to play and most wont spent a dime as well after there's nothing to do anymore besides the grind.

Riz
08-11-2014, 02:16 AM

Your observation is correct m8. Buying DLC's is a dumb idea!

rosetta_cd_29A
08-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Damn, i'm over 3k ego and have barely touched the main quest !
Still no pink buggy even.

Once i joined a clan and started doing events with everyone i kinda forgot about the main quest and usually only do a mission or two after everyone goes to bed.

If you don't enjoy the game play and don't have any goals you are chasing then yeah, not sure what to tell you. I'm still trying for a few 7th Legion outfits and always looking for a few guns with certain rolls and synergies. Plenty of pursuits left to do as well.

drackiller
08-11-2014, 02:22 AM
Damn, i'm over 3k ego and have barely touched the main quest !
Still no pink buggy even.

Once i joined a clan and started doing events with everyone i kinda forgot about the main quest and usually only do a mission or two after everyone goes to bed.

If you don't enjoy the game play and don't have any goals you are chasing then yeah, not sure what to tell you. I'm still trying for a few 7th Legion outfits and always looking for a few guns with certain rolls and synergies. Plenty of pursuits left to do as well.

Hopefully not every player will feel that the game is boring, but many will feel like the OP.

Coobekh
08-11-2014, 02:58 AM
So, i suspected the worst, and the worst it is ... :) Thanks all for replying...

I guess im gonna play till im bored... hah

lukeskyw
08-11-2014, 03:54 AM
Hello,
So what do i do?

Finishing the main story line or side quest isnt the end of the game. Maxing your ego grid to make multiple loadout, looking for better weapons, doing the pursuits and contracts and open word event is the core of the game.

Or maybe you though it was a solo game with a finished story and nothing more ?

l Krazey Ivan l
08-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Hello,
So what do i do?

do pursuits, arkfalls, road missions, co'op missions, level up your weapons, incursions and sieges. lots of things to do.

soria
08-11-2014, 06:30 AM
You could just go away and play another game and not post dros

Tallon
08-11-2014, 06:58 AM
You could just go away and play another game and not post dros

The op had a legit question.
In my opinion, if they wan't to keep players longer, they could have enabled parts of the story to unlock at certain ego levels. Since grinding is kinda useless now. Most new players are going to give the 'ol "that's It?- lame-game bye bye."

Kyosji
08-11-2014, 07:12 AM

yeah.. im gonna just shoot the mobs for 4900 ego rating... :) great...

Doing an incursion can sometimes give you 100-220 ego, depending. Ego is easy to get in this game.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 08:34 AM
If this is an issue to you, you've been playing the wrong game. One thing Defiance has in common with real MMOs around is that you get through story and side missions long before you hit the end of character progression.
This isn't something Defiance specific, it may be more obvious here but it's not an exception. Granted, you'll hit end of story much sooner than in other MMOs, on the other hand it' doesn't takes much more than 60-80 hours playtime to max out everything.

Flank
08-11-2014, 08:38 AM

Be sure to yell "It's coming right for us!"..

Flank
08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Master weapon classes to Level 20, search for the perfect weapon for you,
Build status at all Factions, PvP or Shadow Wars, Co-Op, start a Need/Want shop,
Purchase a dlc for story content or arenas, start a new character and try to complete
game before Ego 1000... just a few suggestions.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
To keep playing Defiance once you've finished the story you'll need to have and obsessive/completionist streak. That's something most -if any- casual players don't have, and my guess is most -if not all- F2Ps are casuals.

This in turn means they won't stay long enough to consider doing something as stupid as spending money in the store.

N3gativeCr33p
08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
If this is an issue to you, you've been playing the wrong game. One thing Defiance has in common with real MMOs around is that you get through story and side missions long before you hit the end of character progression.
This isn't something Defiance specific, it may be more obvious here but it's not an exception. Granted, you'll hit end of story much sooner than in other MMOs, on the other hand it' doesn't takes much more than 60-80 hours playtime to max out everything.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/amen-brother_zps6e6ccfde.jpg

(Happy birthday, Hulkster!) lol

Treasurekins
08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
If you are at EGO 1000 and have finished the story line, you still have tons of things to do. You have a whole Season 1 of pursuits, even if you do not have any dlc's. I have two 5000+ characters. My second character is 5686 and she has not even faced Nim yet. Why? Because I am the founder of a clan and I spend most of my time helping others. How did I get that high without finishing the storyline? Easy, I leveled all my weapons to 20 (4 EGO each level per weapon class), I completed my pvp pursuits, I collected all my data recorders, etc. I long ago stopped earning XP so now the only way that I EGO up is by completing pursuits.

Find a clan - a good clan that will help you with everything. There are many pursuits that include clan members, plus it is a lot more fun playing with others (especially when voice chat is not broken). A lot of the members in my clan travel in groups from one daily conflict to the next - it is a lot of grinding but heck it goes by a lot faster when people are working together.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM
(Happy birthday, Hulkster!) lol

Ugh, that 80s throwback. I suddenly feel so old.

wartitan
08-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Funny thing is, note where most of the suggestions for what to do now came from.....vets. Without them around, who is going to help the F2Pers understand what they should do once they complete the main and side quests?

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Funny thing is, note where most of the suggestions for what to do now came from.....vets. Without them around, who is going to help the F2Pers understand what they should do once they complete the main and side quests?

Meh, we've been repeatedly told we're neither needed nor wanted. We should indeed do that, no more advice, no more answers to questions by newcomers. Not on forums, not in game.

Just let them have what they ask for.

TwistedEvil
08-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Hello,
So what do i do?

Are u playing for free? I can't say this game is perfect, but I mean, what do you really want for that price you paid? Like a few have said, do daily pursuits, kill everything you see, arkfalls, incursions, replay story lines, etc etc...

N3gativeCr33p
08-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Ugh, that 80s throwback. I suddenly feel so old.

Yeah, heard about it on the radio on my way home from work today... couldn't help it, in response to what you posted.

JadedSinn
08-11-2014, 03:29 PM

thats a lie. i can name 3 games right now that are free to play MMOs that the stroyline peeks out right around the time your charicter peeks out.

1: grand fantasia online

2: eden eternal online

3: fiesta online

and to add to it. if you finish a storyline and get bored with a game. its a sign to move on. to the OP buying the DLCs is ok there low on the C high on the DL but do add a little more to the game even if it is only about 45 mins to an hours worth of game play.

alot of the "older " players will tell u outright. if ur bored go to another game. if u dont want to do the grind to max ego. move on. its not worth the stress or hassel.

i my self am barly ego 4,350 iv been playing for over helf a year , and still have not broken 5k some of the persuites are buged. others are just down right pointless to do. and even more so some of them have nothing to do with the story of the game at all (( races. wtf ? realy ? races ? not story content )) over all after ur done with the story line this game turns into a normel every day shooter. kill anything that moves be it a rabbit a squirl a chicken or even a pow. kill it and keep on walking.

IMO take a break from the game for a few days. come back after u play a few other games. and then repeat the proses agine. play for a few days leave repeat. play leave repeat. ect.

thats what iv been doing. playing for a few days here or there. compleating weekly contracts and then leaveing to come back latter

Overtkill21
08-11-2014, 03:33 PM

Kill all the Pows.

We need the Peef.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 03:34 PM
some of the persuites are buged.

The only broken non PVP I know of is the Cerberus one, and it can easily be fixed by live support, so this is a lie too. 4.350 in over 6 months ? I made it to 5.5 K in less than 80 hours when I rerolled on NA.

Blackrose
08-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Are u playing for free? I can't say this game is perfect, but I mean, what do you really want for that price you paid?

Your looking at this backward, its not what a F2P wants for time investment its why should we buy DLC. Regardless of F2P, P2P or other models its the new and returning player that make the bulk of a company monies if there is no sub fee.

I started playing a week back with a friend, im already just under 1k ego and still a while of the point where id say ive run out of things to do. Would i be willing to pay 25 for all 5 DLC, answer is properly yes, but one of the big problem is there is nothing that points people where to go. If i can complete everything on the map baring a event that constantly spawn and re spawns (arkfall/incursion) then there is no direction, thats something lots of people mistake for "ive doing everything". Get to the end of what your working on and there no clear path bar killing 4.9k worth of levels in mobs.

Found this thread from having to come out of the game and onto the forums to look for that direction which is bad design to begin with. Also while im sure inside of a clan its a mmo for new players it fills like a single or co-op game where you can see others doing the same.

For people who are new to the genre let alone the game this is a terrible system, im not new to the genre and ive been actively looking around at what people are doing later on in the game and only thing i came up with is grinding cirlcuim core i think it was in expert motherload which iv read is 5k+ ego. Given current setup its hard for people, myself included to grind for a while if there doesn't seam to be a reason to.

Im enjoying the game but when i start getting board with it i properly wont get the DLC if this is all there is to the game, as borderlands more of less does everything this does from a new player point of view. Another question is how about do one get into a clan, if you knew nobody and are just learning the basics of the game? Id feel like a total scrub to spam zone for it, don't seam to be meny places online for it and end of the day id want to join a group which at least share my type of personality or humor if ur gonna be gaming for hours on end.

Tasio
08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Same here and now earning EGO feels slow, I still enjoy the game but I don't think I'll be playing the game for long time if I have to do every day the same Contracts... or any other same thing.

Roez
08-11-2014, 04:40 PM
This sux...

At least there's marginally more content now than release. This game has a serious turnover issue. It's probably one reason the lockbox sales are not better. GW2 and a few other games have the exact same lockbox mechanic with horrible drop rates, and they still sell well. One difference though is those games have a lot more people invested over time. Defiance really struggles keeping people playing. If they aren't playing long term, they are a lot less connected and attached, and the little cosmetic things etc., are not attractive. That's my theory anyway.

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Same here and now earning EGO feels slow.

You have no idea how much faster it has become. Used to be much, much slower.

alred
08-11-2014, 04:50 PM

it took me, what, 3 days to complete storyline and every side quest?The fun came when I joined an active clan. We'd join up at Arkfalls, run pursuits together. It's not as much fun going at it solo.

TwistedEvil
08-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Your looking at this backward, its not what a F2P wants for time investment its why should we buy DLC. Regardless of F2P, P2P or other models its the new and returning player that make the bulk of a company monies if there is no sub fee.

I started playing a week back with a friend, im already just under 1k ego and still a while of the point where id say ive run out of things to do. Would i be willing to pay 25 for all 5 DLC, answer is properly yes, but one of the big problem is there is nothing that points people where to go. If i can complete everything on the map baring a event that constantly spawn and re spawns (arkfall/incursion) then there is no direction, thats something lots of people mistake for "ive doing everything". Get to the end of what your working on and there no clear path bar killing 4.9k worth of levels in mobs.

Found this thread from having to come out of the game and onto the forums to look for that direction which is bad design to begin with. Also while im sure inside of a clan its a mmo for new players it fills like a single or co-op game where you can see others doing the same.

For people who are new to the genre let alone the game this is a terrible system, im not new to the genre and ive been actively looking around at what people are doing later on in the game and only thing i came up with is grinding cirlcuim core i think it was in expert motherload which iv read is 5k+ ego. Given current setup its hard for people, myself included to grind for a while if there doesn't seam to be a reason to.

Im enjoying the game but when i start getting board with it i properly wont get the DLC if this is all there is to the game, as borderlands more of less does everything this does from a new player point of view. Another question is how about do one get into a clan, if you knew nobody and are just learning the basics of the game? Id feel like a total scrub to spam zone for it, don't seam to be meny places online for it and end of the day id want to join a group which at least share my type of personality or humor if ur gonna be gaming for hours on end.

I'm sorry, had I known I would be speaking with the OP's attorney, I would've worn a tie :/

Dude, the only thing I can say is no one is twisting anyone's arm to roll this game. There are 3 pages of 'advice' from peeps, on things the OP can do...since that's what he asked? I noticed you left those out of my quote. The OP can either take some of the ideas ppl have given, or not.....I don't work for Trion, so it's not affecting me either way.

Sincerely,

TwistedEvil