PDA

View Full Version : Nanite question (fire)

Alessondria
08-11-2014, 12:57 PM
I am aware that fire does -50% to shields and +50% to health. But what if I use a fire weapon on a hellbug with 7 armor plating? Am I getting that +50% damage bonus even though plating absorbs 10% per plate?

I got a nice new combat shotty that fires grenades. I put an incendiary clip mod on it and really am wondering if it would not be more practical to have a radiation clip. I do have a bunch of radiation weapons though.

So my question is one of curiosity on how the mechanics work from fire -> plating.

BlackTalons
08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I am aware that fire does -50% to shields and +50% to health. But what if I use a fire weapon on a hellbug with 7 armor plating? Am I getting that +50% damage bonus even though plating absorbs 10% per plate?

I got a nice new combat shotty that fires grenades. I put an incendiary clip mod on it and really am wondering if it would not be more practical to have a radiation clip. I do have a bunch of radiation weapons though.

So my question is one of curiosity on how the mechanics work from fire -> plating.

Pretty much as you described, except for one detail: Critical hits ignore armor, so if you prefer to be precise instead of going for the meatshots, you can use fire, or no nano weapons against any mob with crit spots and you can get acceptable results.

Edit: On reread I realize I may not have been very clear. The elemental bonus stacks multiplicatively with the armor. 50% bonus damage -> 150% damage. Against an enemy with 3 plates (70% incoming damage), it results in 1.5*0.7*damage. Crit spots ignore armor plates (but not damage resistance that some mobs may have additionally) using only the nanoeffect damage bonus.

Deunan
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
The damage modifier gets applied to the weapon's card damage and then the damage reduction gets applied to that total, e.g. against a mob with no shields and 7 armor plates, if your weapon does 400 damage per bullet, it does 600 damage and 70% of that is subtracted while the 7 plates are intact for 180 damage to the mob.

Alessondria
08-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Okay. This is what I thought but I just wanted to be sure! ...looks like I need to find a good biological weapon to compliment my fire weapon :)