PDA

View Full Version : PvE exploiting and GMs nowhere to be found 48 hours later.

Triggernometry
08-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Two days, two separate instances(one arkfall, one siege), two people each time with a score of 999999. Could not take a screenshot as I don't play in "borderless window", however I did submit two separate tickets recording names, date and time, location etc. 48 hours later the tickets are still OPEN. Not even a copy/paste generic response.
How is it than an MMO doesn't have a dedicated GM team to deal with exploiting? In Planetside2 GMs regularly post in the main system chat letting everyone know to message them if they even SUSPECT anyone of foul play, and they will take a look on the spot. Submitted tickets related to exploiting are answered in a couple of hours at most acknowledging they are looking into it.
I wouldn't normally give a sh*t, however, their inflated score places me lower diminishing my already meager reward.
So how about it? How about actually placing exploiting reports at the top of the queue as opposed to first come/first serve?

Griffix8
08-11-2014, 01:34 PM
I believe the 999999 score is a visual glitch. Oh and they may also still be backed up with tickets, who knows.

Deunan
08-11-2014, 01:35 PM
They are looking into this but it's probable that this is nothing more than a display error. Players that have gotten this score have reported only receiving the same nominal rewards as everyone. Even if it was the actual score it wouldn't in any way diminish your rewards. Your rewards are based on your score, not your place on the end of event card.

Amack
08-11-2014, 01:41 PM
This is not an exploit. There is no cheating going on. It is simply a display bug and they need steps that can reliably reproduce the bug on the scoreboard.

Triggernometry
08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
They are looking into this but it's probable that this is nothing more than a display error. Players that have gotten this score have reported only receiving the same nominal rewards as everyone. Even if it was the actual score it wouldn't in any way diminish your rewards. Your rewards are based on your score, not your place on the end of event card.

Even if that is the case, and I'm not doubting you here, there should still be a priority for exploit reports as opposed to the regular queue. Say someone encounters an actual exploit, not a visual glitch like what I reported, I don't think they will be very confident in the Defiance team if that report gets looked at 4-5 days later. Maybe Planetside 2 spoiled me....

Griffix8
08-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Their CS team is in dire need of more people, they've mentioned that they are hiring so Trion acknowledges that they need people. Quickest way to really get an answer is via Live Chat cause at the very least they'll escalate your ticket.

Triggernometry
08-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Their CS team is in dire need of more people, they've mentioned that they are hiring so Trion acknowledges that they need people. Quickest way to really get an answer is via Live Chat cause at the very least they'll escalate your ticket.

Alright, live chat if it's available. Thank you.

Deunan
08-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Even if that is the case, and I'm not doubting you here, there should still be a priority for exploit reports as opposed to the regular queue. Say someone encounters an actual exploit, not a visual glitch like what I reported, I don't think they will be very confident in the Defiance team if that report gets looked at 4-5 days later. Maybe Planetside 2 spoiled me....Planetside 2 is a all PvP. Unlike in PvE, exploits always have a direct impact on other players gameplay so the GMs have a vested interest in keeping the game free of exploits. Also not having any PvE content frees up the GM's time that would otherwise be spent dealing with other PvE issues which is what takes up the majority of the support resources in most MMO's. Keep in mind that this is a smaller company with far fewer resources than Planetside 2. The GMs still currently have a backlog of support tickets that they are trying to address.

Amack
08-11-2014, 02:09 PM
They are aware of the problem. If anyone was actually receiving these scores, they would able to pull event logs and find those players easily in order to deal with it. That is not the case though, so it is just visual.

CM Kiwibird
08-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Two days, two separate instances(one arkfall, one siege), two people each time with a score of 999999.

We've actually been looking for specific reports of this, but so far, it does appear to just be a visual bug. Feel free to PM me with the time, event name, and player name of the users in question though. Please make sure to include the time zone as well. :o

Amack
08-11-2014, 03:27 PM
So I can absolutely confirm for everyone... These people are not gaining anything from doing this, they don't even realize they are doing it.

I will PM you further details Kiwi.

Triggernometry
08-11-2014, 06:43 PM
We've actually been looking for specific reports of this, but so far, it does appear to just be a visual bug. Feel free to PM me with the time, event name, and player name of the users in question though. Please make sure to include the time zone as well. :o

No worries. I jumped to conclusions and for that I apologize. Seems another poster knows how to reproduce this so I won't increase your workload even further unless my input would aid in solving this bug.

I consider this matter solved and this thread can now be closed in order to make space for more pressing issues.

Thank you.