PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Valley, a sinkhole for my time and efforts....

CRIXDA
08-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Hello Arkhunters.
Can we take a few moments off from being "shills" for "The Company's" corporate greed and outright money-grabbing techniques to have a semi-serious conversation, if possible?

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!
"New Lands to Explore!!!!"
AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!
"New Events to Conquer!!"
"UUUGGGHHHHHH!!
Exploration took 15 minutes, the "storyline" took less and *frowny face* nothing ever happens there.
The only saving grace to "Silicon Valley" are the new types of incursion. (The name escapes me right now, correct me if you wish- thanks.)

I have seen several posts asking what the point is to having Silicon Valley in the game and why, what the use is for the landscape with nothing ever happening there and da da da.
Lucky us, we get to have to run down HUGE amounts of the Grid Emergencies because hey! Why come up with something new? Just duke out a bunch more of the same stuff, only instead of a little more....let's make these guys hunt down SCADS MORE GRID EMERGENCIES!!! Also, that cool new Grid Arkbreak? Now they need to run down 25 of those bad boys too!!!
Has anyone seen one fall in Silicon Valley yet?
How about a "Technical Difficulties" that hasn't suffered "technical difficulties"?
Wow.

You know, people say that old Crixy can't make up his mind if he is a "white knight fan-boy" or one of the "hater-nation".
I am right down the middle and I want a good, strong Defiance. No "settling for good enough" dookie, but it seems like we keep on settling.
Opinions???

Iceberg
08-11-2014, 08:07 PM
They are called Invasions.

My opinion, Trion just needs to stop. Stop whatever they are doing and just do something else.

Smiit
08-11-2014, 08:13 PM
By the way they arent grid arkbreaks they are full on minor arkfalls. Called control grid they spawn quite frequently between invasions. And I have seen a few working technical difficulties.

CRIXDA
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Someone fixed something?
Hallafrickinluah.
This weekend was a "Charlie Foxtrot" for me in Silicon Valley.

N3gativeCr33p
08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Also, that cool new Grid Arkbreak? Now they need to run down 25 of those bad boys too!!!
Has anyone seen one fall in Silicon Valley yet?

I did, earlier this evening. Only problem is, I got there just as it ended. It's called "Control Grid."

How about a "Technical Difficulties" that hasn't suffered "technical difficulties"?

Found a bunch of them to be working earlier this evening, as well... finished my 20/20 "to do" list. WHOOO!

http://theroyalhalf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ric-flair-blood.gif

Bonehead
08-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Well, it's the best they could do.

crazyged
08-12-2014, 03:30 AM
The Exploration pursuit was a bit of a let-down. As the OP said, it took around 10-15 minutes just boosting all over the map.

Ironically, the last place I found was the Trion Offices in the Rift...

CRIXDA
08-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Well, it's the best they could do.
Is It, Bones?
The BEST that they can do?
Let "Agent Dempsey" or "Mr. Hartsman" or some of the Devs come in this thread and tell us that this "Silicon Valley deal" is the BEST that they could do. That is what I want to know. Re-hashed and regurgitated.