PDA

View Full Version : 8/12/14 Defiance is Unplayable Today

OverDoneOne
08-12-2014, 05:44 AM
The lag is horrendous and the time outs are frequent, it's impossible to do anything.

When ever I start something it always lags and eventually times out.

Very Very Disappointed

Smeejo
08-12-2014, 05:48 AM
Yeah it was worse today then it's been in awhile for me. Every time I got somewhere to shoot at something I lagged out and got booted. Finally said screw it and logged off.

OverDoneOne
08-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Oh one thing I forgot to mention that I am miffed by, I live in North America and get lag and time outs playing on the NA server.

But when I play on the EU server I have no lag and never have seen a time out there.

Go Figure Huh ???

thingsmith
08-12-2014, 05:54 AM
I have had the same problem. I could not even change weapons.

internaut
08-12-2014, 05:57 AM
Server just went down like a Strato-Carrier

o.O

ThousandYard
08-12-2014, 05:59 AM
Honestly between this and firefall, with destiny coming out for consoles (pc next year!), and The Division coming out for pc next year, I'm just biding my time. I'm still pretty miffed that I wasted money on Firefall only for them to turn it into cookie cutter on-rails, vertical progression , loot whoring, wow in space with guns in jump jets.

So I came back to defiance, and....get timed out. All Of My Nope.
Serious lack of decent mmorpgs/mmotps these days.

ThousandYard
08-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Honestly between this and firefall, with destiny coming out for consoles (pc next year!), and The Division coming out for pc next year, I'm just biding my time. I'm still pretty miffed that I wasted money on Firefall only for them to turn it into cookie cutter on-rails, vertical progression , loot whoring, wow in space with guns in jump jets.

Marshal Law
08-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Oh one thing I forgot to mention that I am miffed by, I live in North America and get lag and time outs playing on the NA server.

But when I play on the EU server I have no lag and never have seen a time out there.

Go Figure Huh ???

Does EU Server have less players on it? I would assume so. This to me will destroy the game if they cannot deal with the overload. I suggest they hire a network consultant before it's too late.

FIJANA
08-12-2014, 07:09 AM
I think all the problems started when they made the game F2P. The servers nor the game were not prepared for such an amount of people playing at the same time. THIS is a huge fail, because, if you gonna make a mmorpgs/mmotps game F2P, the first thing you have to do is to fix this and prepare both the game and servers for a big amount of people. I've seen that when I am playing and Im having a huge lag many people gets disconnected because of this and, what a surprise to me, when those people log off I stop having lag....

RobDaCool
08-12-2014, 07:15 AM
I was just about to sign into the game and play a while -I take it I should just go back to sleep? lol

ColapsN7
08-12-2014, 07:18 AM
When ever I start something it always lags and eventually times out.
:mad::mad::mad: . *pts .
14:00 PM msk times out ;( .

Big Jack Shepard
08-12-2014, 07:18 AM
If these people think they are going to make alot of money when XBOX NA goes f2p...they are in for a rude awakening.

I can barely get through a DM mono as it is, why would I put up with this crap if I didn't even have skin in the game(as the saying goes)?

Xeifer
08-12-2014, 07:19 AM

Go Figure Huh ???

The lag on the EU PC server has been terrible recently, unable to change weapons etc, so that's odd!
Incidentally since the change to Glyph how do I check / change regions?

Etaew
08-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah I tried playing today, laggy and was kicked out once, wasn't worth doing anything outside of the one side mission I was on.

Xeifer
08-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah, the lag issues on Friday went away just after everybody got booted from the server. Guessing a lot of people didn't bother to log back on. What seems odd to me though is it doesn't seem to follow the pattern I'd expect aka ok during the day and gets worse in an evening. I'm finding it's bad during the day when surely there are less people online. Makes me wonder (seriously) if they are not using dedicated servers but virtual ones and the hosts are busy doing something else during the day.

Spooky Q7
08-12-2014, 07:22 AM
I totally agree guy's..

DELTA2ALPHA
08-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Yeah I tried playing a couple hours ago. I hit Q and counted to 20... weapon changes. Hit Q and count to 20, weapon changes. Hit Q and counted to 20, hit Esc and quit game...

Xeifer
08-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I created a thread about it, but there has been no reply. As there is nothing in the server status forum I used live chat to ask about the issues - the representative said they were not aware of any issues but would I like to diagnose my connection! I asked how it could be my connection when it is not just me - I didn't get a reply. Trion has since closed my ticket as 'solved' today.

I'll openly admit I fired this game up for something to play between the beta and release of Destiny (owned since release but not played for a while), but actually initially it made me wonder if it was worth buying Destiny because I was having so much fun (that was before I had any lag issues). Now I'm planning on jumping ship the second I can - not because it's a better game, but because these server issues (as well as other well discussed issues) are driving me away. It's not a one off thing, there appears to be no communication from Trion about, not even an acceptance of the issue, nor any evidence they are addressing it.

MadDogTremor
08-12-2014, 07:36 AM
What I can't figure out, and by all means no sarcasm or attempts at being disrespectful towards anyone here; but why is it that I have an average 3 year old PC and average DSL connection, but yet don't get all this lag that people complain about?

Are most of the lag complaints coming from the non-PC side? Or am I missing something here?

N3gativeCr33p
08-12-2014, 07:37 AM
I created a thread about it, but there has been no reply. As there is nothing in the server status forum I used live chat to ask about the issues - the representative said they were not aware of any issues but would I like to diagnose my connection! I asked how it could be my connection when it is not just me - I didn't get a reply. Trion has since closed my ticket as 'solved' today.

Sorry to say it, but...

http://www.developsource.com/images/defiance/welcome_defiance.jpg

ColapsN7
08-12-2014, 07:41 AM
I have an average 4 year old PC and average DSL connection, but yet don't get all this lag that people complain about? :cool::cool::cool: .

RobDaCool
08-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Yeah I tried playing a couple hours ago. I hit Q and counted to 20... weapon changes. Hit Q and count to 20, weapon changes. Hit Q and counted to 20, hit Esc and quit game...

I just have to count to 11 before changing weapons -But that's only because I have a 1GB Fiberline lol

Skape
08-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Not sure how accurate of a measurement it is but a buddy i was running with last night was lagging horribly. He opened up task manager and defiance was using 700k (whatever that is there), He asked me to check mine it was using 430k. Sorry I am not too technical on this, but about that time he crashed rebooted and came back. He complained about the lag the rest of the night.

Xeifer
08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
What I can't figure out, and by all means no sarcasm or attempts at being disrespectful towards anyone here; but why is it that I have an average 3 year old PC and average DSL connection, but yet don't get all this lag that people complain about?

Are most of the lag complaints coming from the non-PC side? Or am I missing something here?

Well that is interesting. PC here, with a decent gaming pc and a rock solid high bandwith low latency connection - and the game has been pretty unplayable recently. And going off chat in game - its not something funky with my connection - many many people are having the issue. Could it be some weird incompatibility issue with particular brand of network chip which would explain lots of people having issues while other people don't - possibly, but with the total lack of communication from Trion the point is moot - whether the issues are with the server or their software having problems with certain hardware - we can't fix it - and they don't appear to be interested in doing so.

Maybe it's your play style - do you get involved with the large scale events - or are you mostly doing missions? To be fair I don't seem to have issues when running through the story missions.

sly wolf
08-12-2014, 08:04 AM
The game is still unplayable on the pc,I managed a whole 10mins before lag and timeouts made me quit, I find it so hard to belive trion can make such a good game in rift but totally mess this game up and make it the joke of the online gaming world!! and what are trion doing to fix the problems? their sending out beta invites for acrahage...........good move

DELTA2ALPHA
08-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Given that it seems the forums are lagging, I honestly might say its the data center. But given the fact there was +9500 people that were playing on 8th August and only +4100 that have played today... ok lets rule out the data center being at fault. OH OH OH I KNOW!!!

* Fixed a crash that, once it occurred, would cause the entire platform to go into a bad state, requiring a restart before functionality fully returned.
* Fixed a game server crash that could occur when viewing clan members while one of those members was in the process of loading into the world.
* Fixed a game server crash that could occur during a very small window of time if you selected go to clan member while that player was loading into the game world or entering an instance.

YEAH THATS IT. It must be that top notch coding... I mean how the hell do you make such a mistake your coding causes the GAME SERVER to crash, not your copy of the game, THE WHOLE SERVER. Now this code makes it past your testing team and then past the test server and on to the live server. Soooooo the lag could honestly be absolutely ANYTHING!

Snib
08-12-2014, 08:47 AM

Go Figure Huh ???

EU server has exactly the same issues, except coming from the US you're probably playing during a time where few others are on that server.

MadDogTremor
08-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Well that is interesting. PC here, with a decent gaming pc and a rock solid high bandwith low latency connection - and the game has been pretty unplayable recently. And going off chat in game - its not something funky with my connection - many many people are having the issue. Could it be some weird incompatibility issue with particular brand of network chip which would explain lots of people having issues while other people don't - possibly, but with the total lack of communication from Trion the point is moot - whether the issues are with the server or their software having problems with certain hardware - we can't fix it - and they don't appear to be interested in doing so.

Maybe it's your play style - do you get involved with the large scale events - or are you mostly doing missions? To be fair I don't seem to have issues when running through the story missions.

I do a mix of different things in-game. Some days I solo a "world tour" just taking out emergencies. Some days I do Arenas only. Some days I do large scale incursions/sieges and random emergencies all at once. But I hardly ever see any real lag that affects my game play. And when I do, it's usually because my modem needs to be simply restarted. And that's only about every 10 hours of solid game play.

Maybe I've just been lucky, I don't know. But my experience has been relatively lag-free since July 2013.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:00 AM

Ugh.. Firefall isn't really a contender unless you like cartoony graphics and wonky physics coupled with kinda pointless missions. I'm not saying it doesn't have potential, but even my kid got bored of it after a couple days.

I'm pretty sure Defiance is good so far. Destiny will pull some of the PVPers away, but I'm not going to believe they hype until I see it first-hand. I do think they need to fix the exp cap though.. just doing pointless pursuits gets pretty boring after awhile and with the lack of reward for time ratio on most of the incursions now.. there's little point in helping the lowbies.

Dinova
08-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Ugh.. Firefall isn't really a contender unless you like cartoony graphics and wonky physics coupled with kinda pointless missions. I'm not saying it doesn't have potential, but even my kid got bored of it after a couple days.
With the open beta ('live') patch, they basicly killed the game as it ever was the past 2 years, its actualy the reason i went to play Defiance again and got pretty suprised stuff here has changed alot (yeey for scaling dmg) and more suprised im quite enjoying myself now.