PDA

View Full Version : How to succeed in buisiness without even trioning.

BELCH1
08-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Theres probably no reason for me to post this, as everything I'm about to write can be found expressed by multiple members in multiple threads...Given that, it seems blatantly obvious that though you(trion) claim to read these posts-you dont.You don't listen when people suggest things, and the changes you implement seem random at best.The only positive change Ive seen since beta is the spawn point by Happy pow farms.

So, we get it, you want to make money..Well guess what?I want to give you money...Ive done it already.Initial purchase of the game,dlcs and few bucks in your bits store.But its not happening again and heres why.

VALUE OF THE DOLLAR

First off, the prices of everything should be cut at least in half.Everything is too expensive..the further the money goes the more likely people will be to spend it.This ties in with our next simple concept of..

REPEAT BUISINESS

Sure, on paper you might be making money..but I bet the Majority of the people spent their X dollars, bought a lockbox or two, felt completely duped, and resolved never to spend money again.Yeah, you snagged a few bucks initially, but thats it...that person is done with you..and their telling their friends what a waste of money the store is.

BETTER QUALITY

Its no secret that tier4 lockboxes are garbage..Yeah, youre in the midst of fixing them..but if the past is any record, youll have to fix what you fixed as well.If you told me that 1 in 10 boxes dropped a Orange, and boxes were a dollar a piece, Id drop a $20 in a second.Also, I play for a long stint at a time whenever I can.A 2 hour boost is crap.Give me a 12 hour boost,at the same price and Ill by one every single time I sit down for an extended gaming session.
Youre gouging people with prices, offering digital items they can live without...You need to gain a better understanding of what these things are actually worth.Lower prices on better quality items will lead to a higher volume of sales...which equals more money.How is this complicated?You dont even have to work harder to implement these changes.

MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE

This should actually be the first thing on the list, and the first thing you as a company addressed.I play on PS3, and I know Im going to get kicked at least twice over the course of a few hours.My fiance and I play on side by side tvs, and I watch it happen to her as well.
Theres nothing more frustrating then chasing an incursion to a siege for 40 minutes, only to be kicked during level 10 of a siege with a minute left..and with what youve done to keycodes, this is unacceptable...which leads to a frustrated player, which leads to a reduction or stoppage in playtime, which leads to less potential of them spending money.

LISTEN (way better) TO THE PEOPLE PLAYING YOUR GAME.

They are smarter then you...Maybe not on an individual basis, but collectively the *cough* thousands of people playing come up with better ideas then the few in your office.They will figure out ways to get around everything, and refuse you money just to spite you.I referred to it as your game, but thats not right...its ours now, as is any piece of "art" that is released to the public.
SO MAKE IT FUN FOR US....we truly dont mind the grind..from Sacred,to Borderlands to Diablo 3,(theres a game with a perfect loot system by the way, take notes) Ive put in thousands of hours looking for that one item...
but you know whats NOT fun?
An unbeatable warmaster...due to initial design, and the changes you implemented.
A million script for a freaking key code...so i can buy a box of trash.
Getting the 500,000th kill you need for the pursuit, and realizing youve NEVER seen a Orange item drop.
Watching you nerf every weapon that makes this game fun.Scew balancing things for your pvp mode that feels like a tacked on afterthought anyway...PVP needs a different set of rules, not screwing up PVE for the handful of people playing pvp, probably just sticking it out to unlock pursuits.
and finally, feeling like im being cornered into spending money buy ridiculous changes you made to a loot system that was hardly working to begin with.

And now that I layed all that out Im even more pissed then I was when I started writing this, So Im done.
FIX YOUR SHTAKO.THAT IS ALL.

PSN BELCH1

RobDaCool
08-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Everyone makes bad decisions man :( look at me; I decided to buy a PS4 -all they have is indie games my LG G3 can play it seems

squidgod2000
08-12-2014, 07:25 AM
LISTEN (way better) TO THE PEOPLE PLAYING YOUR GAME.

They are smarter then you...Maybe not on an individual basis, but collectively the *cough* thousands of people playing come up with better ideas then the few in your office.

There are a few absolutes in MMO gaming and one is that the players know the game better than the developers. The main reason (besides the obvious playtime gap) is that players know how things actually work, while devs only know how things are supposed to work.

It'll never change.

Dinova
08-12-2014, 07:28 AM
There are a few absolutes in MMO gaming and one is that the players know the game better than the developers. The main reason (besides the obvious playtime gap) is that players know how things actually work, while devs only know how things are supposed to work.

It'll never change.
Things havent been changed, forums bloated with mostly negative stuff, people Always know better, Devs only trying to make money, big circle that every game will hit one day or another. Pick any game from early 2000 or a game today, same story.

08-12-2014, 11:08 PM
There are a few absolutes in MMO gaming and one is that the players know the game better than the developers.

It's not good for a game dev to always agree with their community. You wont hear me say that. But disrespecting your community, fixing ingame content the laziest way possible, making microtransactions pricing so expensive you think 3x before buying and nerfing so hard all the vets run away are a few choices which make me really wonder why those decisions are being made.

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Theres probably no reason for me to post this,

'Nuf said .