PDA

View Full Version : Zagger Nerf Incoming

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 07:15 AM
We have made a broad sweeping change to “On Full Reload” procs in the game. All effects that trigger from “on full reload” now have a 10s cooldown. This is due to combinations of extremely fast/instant reload weapons and perks/bonuses that were allowing players to have constant ego powers/buffs.

The list of impacted effects:

VBI EEC SMG blur (all variants)
VBI EEC HP-7 Wildcat overcharge (all variants)
Weapon Mastery grenade refresh
Weapon Mastery movement
Weapon Mastery EGO power duration
Synergy: Soldier
Synergy: Cannoneer
Rarity Bonus: Recharge EGO power
Perk: Pumped Up
Perk: Time Out

These changes will only be on PTS until we feel they are in a good place. Please take some time on PTS to try them out and respond with your feedback.

Just thought I would put this in a more obvious place. Most of these changes are either incorrect or already actually in place.

What I see is a semi-hidden Zagger nerf. There will be a 10 second cool down on speed feet now. They are actually going to nerf a purple roll, so this will affect ALL weapons with this roll.

Honestly just make the Zagger impossible to have a 0.0 reload. Don't nerf every weapon because of this one please.

I like my Quartermaster speedfeet Zagger, but don't want to see every weapon nerfed because of this.

PS: What's up with a Cannoneer nerf?

KirisameSatsuki
08-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks to the Nefarious, he succeed to make an argument and make himself heard and opposites ignored by dev:(

Big Jack Shepard
08-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Thanks to the Nefarious, he succeed to make an argument and make himself heard and opposites ignored by dev:(I'm sure he is pretty happy right now. This is what people like him feed off of.

duction
08-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Yes but look at all the other stuff it has brought (ruined) with it lol.

cdestroyer
08-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Nooo don't nerf the soldier synergy!

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Nooo don't nerf the soldier synergy!

I got a lol on that one. I am assuming it is supposed to be the Veteran synergy.

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Nerf everything on full reload

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I got a lol on that one. I am assuming it is supposed to be the Veteran synergy.

yea I'm pretty sure the people making the changes don't actually play the game after looking at the list.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 07:56 AM
yea I'm pretty sure the people making the changes don't actually play the game after looking at the list.

I noticed. A lot of the things listed already have 10 second or longer delays. If it hadn't been for the "Soldier" thing I would have thought it was a solid hidden Zagger post. As it is, it's only semi-hidden.

Ruinne
08-12-2014, 07:57 AM
More synergy rolls on the vendor trash pile.

I'm sure it should never have meant eternal EGO power but this isn't a tweak, it's removing a whole set of rolls from the game.

At least certain players can move on to crying about the next thing that kills them now. This is the trouble with MMOs the PvP winds up being geared the same way as PvE, as in: Designed to baby sit the absolute worst players.

The bosses and trash mobs in PvP look the exact same, that's what makes it great. But this is the PvE attitude creeping in. "If I can't kill the boss, nerf the boss". In this case it's the endless crying for all the good players to have their gear nerfed time and time again. The players that do the math and gain the advantages, the good players, will still feast on the bad players and the cycle will continue. The tears on the forums will still flow.

PiccolaRivolta
08-12-2014, 07:57 AM
What's up with Cannoneer?

I tell you, they put a cooldown to [3] and[4].

Lol.

And the "Soldier" synergy is actually Veteran. Which will become more and more useless.

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
I also do not think cannoneers 30% CHANCE of nano effect trigger requires a cooldown

Shakk
08-12-2014, 08:01 AM
What is wrong with people? Blaming Nefarious for these nerfs. He wanted to nerf one gun wich is broken, Trion decided to nerf em all.

Who is the real crook?

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 08:02 AM
What's up with Cannoneer?

I tell you, they put a cooldown to [3] and[4].

Lol.

And the "Soldier" synergy is actually Veteran. Which will become more and more useless.

I swear, had they fixed these guns properly in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. Cannoneer was always about fire rate. Sawed-offs never should have been given this Synergy ( as well as recoil and accuracy rolls).

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 08:03 AM
What is wrong with people? Blaming Nefarious for these nerfs. He wanted to nerf one gun wich is broken, Trion decided to nerf em all.

Who is the real crook?

pretty common that when a player asks for a change, they give us a change...
with a genie in the lamp twist. He also specifically asked for pumped up and ego on full reload to have a 10 second cooldown for over 6 months. Complain enough and they will please just to make you stop talking.

KILLSHOT707
08-12-2014, 08:07 AM
I think the Devs site around the office and just try to finds things in the game we enjoy, that make the game fun and say " Were going to have to fix that". At this point with all the recent changes they have lost 50% of the people playing. Yes there is a lot of weed in California.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Are we sure that Cannoneer isn't getting a nerf on fire-rate,since that is what the Veteran synergy is about?

If so I am done. Literally.Done.(With some noise of course.)

Shakk
08-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Are we sure that Cannoneer isn't getting a nerf on fire-rate,since that is what the Veteran synergy is about?

If so I am done. Literally.Done.(With some noise of course.)

The cannoneer nerf will most likely be its full reload effect wich is increasing nano procrates after a reload

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 08:14 AM
They said they are adding a cool down to effects triggered "on full reload" and since cannoneers fire rate is not based on a full reload it should be unaffected.

jackdaws_1999
08-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Ok, I kinda agree that the zagger (or rather the 0.0 reload guns) problem needed something done about it.... but not this... anything but this.... Pumped Up is one of my main perks... Time Out has already been nerfed... and Veteran NEEDs to stay...

Why Nerf Veteran... whats the point of it if it only works every 10 secs.... surely it would be better to leave veteran and cannoneer alone... its not like they are game breaking.

I dont suppose anyone has a gif of the grand canyon handy do they? Cause I would so insert it here with a quote saying "Divide between what players want, and what the devs want"... maybe even a gif of the Server Disconnect screen with "Developers disconnect with player base".

Jet1337
08-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Depending on how bad these nerfs will be will determine if this will be the last nail in the coffin for me. I'm tired of whiny little *****es destroying all the technical aspects of this game.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Depending on how bad these nerfs will be will determine if this will be the last nail in the coffin for me. I'm tired of whiny little *****es destroying all the technical aspects of this game.

Someone needs to notice something, and they aren't. Since the Blood hound nerf, I have watched the population dwindle.

The reward nerf made it to where there is only a joke of an amount of people at events.

I feel like I am being pushed to play Firefall more and more. Honestly seems like Soldiers......err.. Veterans are really not wanted anymore.

jackdaws_1999
08-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Soldier Synergy -
[1] On a full reload, get disconnected from the servers
[2] On a full reload, enemies randomly disappear
[3] On a full reload, get randomly one shotted dispite full health and shields
[4] On a full reload, Gain a thicker skin to deal with all the BS

Notice however they have not nerfed the Trion Synergy:
[1] On a full reload, Loose arkforge from event scores
[2] On a full reload, introduce another lockbox to charge bits for
[3] On a full Patch, break something fundemental
[4] On a full Patch, find more ways to screw players out of Bits

Right now there are very few ducks I could give... I am nearly out of ducks... and the ones I have are not breeding.

dramaQkarri
08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Think of these changes and others from a business standpoint and you can only come to one conclusion (other than deciding they're all insane). This game is headed for the dustbin, tax shelter style.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Soldier Synergy -
[1] On a full reload, get disconnected from the servers
[2] On a full reload, enemies randomly disappear
[3] On a full reload, get randomly one shotted dispite full health and shields
[4] On a full reload, Gain a thicker skin to deal with all the BS

Notice however they have not nerfed the Trion Synergy:
[1] On a full reload, Loose arkforge from event scores
[2] On a full reload, introduce another lockbox to charge bits for
[3] On a full Patch, break something fundemental
[4] On a full Patch, find more ways to screw players out of Bits

Right now there are very few ducks I could give... I am nearly out of ducks... and the ones I have are not breeding.

2 synergies that we are stuck with 100% of the time.

richardkrainium
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
why cant they grasp this simple fix....instead of constantly nerfing guns in order to satisfy the 15 people that play pvp and screwing the thousands that dont, all you need to do is make it so in pvp you remove ALL POWERS AND PERKS

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-12-2014, 10:01 AM
I play PvP a lot now that i cant get arkforge as often as i used to and let me tell you what...i welcome this nerf. Its sad to see a zagger guy run around blasting everyone thinking he's good with a gun that anyone can get with the same rolls. I PvP with a Fragger and my second weapon changes a lot but the zagger is occasionally there. I wont mind not having to use it though. Perma cloak people suck but make it so i improve my game with different tactics. Also the one shot boomer people...whens that nerf coming. That dang rep vendor boomer is way too strong.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 10:06 AM
I play PvP a lot now that i cant get arkforge as often as i used to and let me tell you what...i welcome this nerf. Its sad to see a zagger guy run around blasting everyone thinking he's good with a gun that anyone can get with the same rolls. I PvP with a Fragger and my second weapon changes a lot but the zagger is occasionally there. I wont mind not having to use it though. Perma cloak people suck but make it so i improve my game with different tactics. Also the one shot boomer people...whens that nerf coming. That dang rep vendor boomer is way too strong.

Problem is, this is a nerf that is more far reaching than a Zagger nerf, if they leave it as is.

I do not own a Rep Boomer, so I guess we should start making many threads about nerfing them now, till all detonators are nerfed.

KasperSheitup
08-12-2014, 10:09 AM
This ruins a lot of my SMGs.
And it really affects my WM build.

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Nerf everything on full reload

This latest patch as been code named "Nerf on reload".

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Think of these changes and others from a business standpoint and you can only come to one conclusion (other than deciding they're all insane). This game is headed for the dustbin, tax shelter style.

It's been in the bargain bin since last may?

Flank
08-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Seriously wondering about the Cannoneer nerf?

Also Perk Nerfs? Seems that this is going to hinder more then help

TremerChrist
08-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Hate to be that guy. But, this is it for me. Every weapon in my inventory that I consider to be a personal is getting nerfed. Really, my #1 gun for clearing mobs will be dbl nerfed.

Big Boomer
Prepaired
Speedy feet
Reload
Reload
reload
Ego on reload
Dmg

Dbl ****ing nerfed! Nerfed to infinity and beyond!

I use it almost everywhere except PVP, which I don't play PVP.

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Hate to be that guy. But, this is it for me. Every weapon in my inventory that I consider to be a personal is getting nerfed. Really, my #1 gun for clearing mobs will be dbl nerfed.

Big Boomer
Prepaired
Speedy feet
Reload
Reload
reload
Ego on reload
Dmg

At this point I'd be happy with them bringing back melee rolls on ARS.

dramaQkarri
08-12-2014, 12:16 PM
It's been in the bargain bin since last may?

yes exactly and we're reaching the low end of the downward spiral...

fyi, dustbin is british for garbage can
*ahem*

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 12:17 PM
yes exactly and we're reaching the low end of the downward spiral...

fyi, dustbin is british for garbage can
*ahem*

Don't you go getting all fancy schmancy on me.

dramaQkarri
08-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Don't you go getting all fancy schmancy on me.

Let me get you a drink, you can put it on that doily instead of a coaster.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Big Boomer
Prepaired
Speedy feet
Reload
Reload
reload
Ego on reload
Dmg

I am in the same boat with certain weapons. I would prefer them to simply nerf the reload on Zaggers as to go ahead with these proposed changes. I have a feeling that is how I am supposed to feel.

lukeskyw
08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
don't care, i don't use 'on full reload' perk or mastery or synergies....

But trion should really work on keeping their player and having stable servers before thinking nerfing *again* anything !

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 12:26 PM
don't care, i don't use 'on full reload' perk or mastery or synergies....

But trion should really work on keeping their player and having stable servers before thinking nerfing *again* anything !

Exactly you sir have just won a dinner for 2 at the Crater.

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Wrong!!! All I received was a ban. No pleasing for me.

Real Fix would have been to fix reload animations so they can't be 0.0 on ANY gun. But they are to stupid to fix it that way.

You're doing it wrong then.

TremerChrist
08-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Just logged in to see what I have that will get nerfed. A total of 43 weapons out of 81 that I have been collecting and fully t4 modding, t5 if its backpack. A lot of these are perfect versions of the weapons. A game that was beautiful and simple, easy to pick up and play for an hour or so, has turned into a complete grind fest. Having to work 66 hours a week makes it almost impossible for me to grind Rep and now keys to buy boxes. And now my inventory is getting destroyed again! Really seems like Trinot is completely out of touch with the players. One gun! Has ruined the best epic roll you could get.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Just logged in to see what I have that will get nerfed. A total of 43 weapons out of 81 that I have been collecting and fully t4 modding, t5 if its backpack. A lot of these are perfect versions of the weapons. A game that was beautiful and simple, easy to pick up and play for an hour or so, has turned into a complete grind fest. Having to work 66 hours a week makes it almost impossible for me to grind Rep and now keys to buy boxes. And now my inventory is getting destroyed again! Really seems like Trinot is completely out of touch with the players. One gun! Has ruined the best epic roll you could get.

This isn't set is stone yet, though most things they seem to test in PTS does seem to go forward. They will destroy epic rolls with this one.
If you remember grenade refresh was a very popular roll once. They destroyed that one already.

KILLSHOT707
08-12-2014, 12:59 PM

It's not "one gun" It's PVP. If they could code better this would not be happening. NERF FOR PVP ONLY!!!!!

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 12:59 PM
This isn't set is stone yet, though most things they seem to test in PTS does seem to go forward. They will destroy epic rolls with this one.
If you remember grenade refresh was a very popular roll once. They destroyed that one already.

Grenadier use to be amazing. Now it's worse than Kathy Bates naked.

Capt Price
08-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Shows how little they know about their own game :(

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 01:38 PM
I checked some of my smgs and are with small clip and it will pretty much be ego on every other full reload. Its not the end of the world. Sometimes is find myself reloading then running to the next enemies and by the time I empty my clip the cool down would've been over getting ego on all my full reloads. This mainly effects one shot guns like rockets and sawed offs the most.

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 01:40 PM
I checked some of my smgs and are with small clip and it will pretty much be ego on every other full reload. Its not the end of the world. Sometimes is find myself reloading then running to the next enemies and by the time I empty my clip the cool down would've been over getting ego on all my full reloads. This mainly effects one shot guns like rockets and sawed offs the most.

My 0.6 reload EMC Commando SMG won't get ego back every 2 reloads.

Combo Breaker
08-12-2014, 01:52 PM
If they do make these changes it will be time for gun dumps again.

http://i.imgur.com/PZfe4rA.jpg

Oh wait, I forgot that there aren't any more awesome purple rolls.

adrokier
08-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Just thought I would put this in a more obvious place. Most of these changes are either incorrect or already actually in place.

What I see is a semi-hidden Zagger nerf. There will be a 10 second cool down on speed feet now. They are actually going to nerf a purple roll, so this will affect ALL weapons with this roll.

Honestly just make the Zagger impossible to have a 0.0 reload. Don't nerf every weapon because of this one please.

I like my Quartermaster speedfeet Zagger, but don't want to see every weapon nerfed because of this.

PS: What's up with a Cannoneer nerf?

Nice to have changes on PTS ... but no Voice Chat since 7 Days on running PS3EU Server, where ppl still pay money for the Game ... there is no time ... its a hard error etc. start fixing running Servers pls ... dnt make any changes on PTS when paying customers has no Voice Chat .. dudes .. u drive us crazy ... really ... and the ppl only complaining in Zone chat .. u have Luck that PS3 EU Gamers are so lazy on writing ...

Hardcore Bug No Voice Chat since 7 days... and no eta no time frame etc. not nice ... but F2P bringing up to the Server ... we cant understand that ... believe us

Overtkill21
08-12-2014, 02:26 PM
I am literally brimming with confidence at these patch notes...

I mean it's not as if the Soldier synergy didn't have it coming.

Timeout needed a 10 second cooldown too - what with the 15 second one it already has.

Those dang Gunslinger weapons too...who are they to try and get away with a 10 second cooldown when they need a 10 second cooldown.

Oh and don't get me started on that dastardly grenade refresh on full reload mastery roll - it was askin' for it dressing so provocatively. Dirty girl. (We still refresh grenades right?)

adrokier
08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
I am literally brimming with confidence at these patch notes...

I mean it's not as if the Soldier synergy didn't have it coming.

Timeout needed a 10 second cooldown too - what with the 15 second one it already has.

Those dang Gunslinger weapons too...who are they to try and get away with a 10 second cooldown when they need a 10 second cooldown.

Oh and don't get me started on that dastardly grenade refresh on full reload mastery roll - it was askin' for it dressing so provocatively. Dirty girl. (We still refresh grenades right?)

Yes its weird what they doing playing on PTS when running Servers still have no Voice Chat since 7 Days

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Yes its weird what they doing playing on PTS when running Servers still have no Voice Chat since 7 Days

Voice chat working on PTS or PC?

adrokier
08-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Voice chat working on PTS or PC?

Voice Chat, why Voice Chat, they bringing F2P for all ... and then they may say hey its F2P if u dnt want? dnt play it... its for free

InfamousGreaser v2
08-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Yet again the devs go withthe PvPers again while everyone who plays PvE get their their voices unheard we need weapons with effects like these to actually defend ourselves from the mobs everywhere that actually keeps the game going while everyone complains about pvp only plays it because theyre bored and most likely not going to be playing later on this year. I try to play this game to its fullest trying to enjoy the for what it is. Seeing this game beginning to end it really pisses me off that a game with SOOOOOOOOO much potential decides to take a dump on any long time players or people who don't have enough money to actually buy a zagger, Or enough patience to farm for a purple one. Why not just put a limit on reload or whatever you devs want to nerf next just leave the PvE alone.