PDA

View Full Version : If ego powers are being nerf'd then so do sniper rifles.

duction
08-12-2014, 07:44 AM
I really don't care anymore and I'm going to come out and say it, splitshots, surgebolters, rangers.. All of them need a nerf... Hit box sizes need reducing on a player and the damage output. You cannot cloak from them or dodge them with blur. The aim assist is also ridiculous on them which makes it impossible to miss. You can use them to kill a person by just seeing their name tag from a great distance.

This is needed especially with the incoming ego power cool down. Snipes that can one shot you is ludicrous.

How are you supose to capture a point, or play when you get one shot killed by someone with a sniper.

xxxxmingoxxxx
08-12-2014, 07:50 AM
take the sniper out first.hunt him down with team.

duction
08-12-2014, 07:53 AM
On eu the whole team uses snipers, it's sniper wars. When you can't even make it into sight of the enemy and you are killed it's hardly fair.

Doc Kilroy
08-12-2014, 07:54 AM
the whole point of a sniper rifle IS to kill with one shot, hence they need some high dmg to go with the low ammo cap.

duction
08-12-2014, 08:05 AM
the whole point of a sniper rifle IS to kill with one shot, hence they need some high dmg to go with the low ammo cap.

Kind of a moot point when you can deploy an ammo box via spike when ever you want.

ConcreteSnake
08-12-2014, 08:07 AM
I agree, surge bolters can kill you with one body shot or to the foot. Cloak and charge them and they are worse than a big boomer and with aim assist they require zero skill.

OMalley
08-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Zaggers, snipers, sluggers, detonators... All OP in PvP, they are really fighting a losing battle with these feeble balance attempts. So Zaggers users move to Vot Fraggers and Sluggers... Nothing really changes.

Kyosji
08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Kind of a moot point when you can deploy an ammo box via spike when ever you want.

Nothing says "Sneaky Sniper" like a giant beaming banner that screams "I'M OVER HERE!!!!"

ironcladtrash
08-12-2014, 09:36 AM
I really don't care anymore and I'm going to come out and say it, splitshots, surgebolters, rangers.. All of them need a nerf... Hit box sizes need reducing on a player and the damage output. You cannot cloak from them or dodge them with blur. The aim assist is also ridiculous on them which makes it impossible to miss. You can use them to kill a person by just seeing their name tag from a great distance.

This is needed especially with the incoming ego power cool down. Snipes that can one shot you is ludicrous.

How are you supose to capture a point, or play when you get one shot killed by someone with a sniper.

Remove the ranger from this and I'd agree. The SBs are can't miss one hit kill ranged weapons

I agree, surge bolters can kill you with one body shot or to the foot. Cloak and charge them and they are worse than a big boomer and with aim assist they require zero skill.
FYI Aim assist doesn't work in PVP.

Deunan
08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Just remove all weapons from the game and give us sharpened sticks. Make sure they are all made from a generic wood material though. Otherwise players will complain that the bamboo ones are OP.

ironcladtrash
08-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Just remove all weapons from the game and give us sharpened sticks. Make sure they are all made from a generic wood material though. Otherwise players will complain that the bamboo ones are OP.

There is always that contingent of players this will be true, however for the most part it's always been the same weapons. Big Boomer, Cankers, Cloaked with any Sawed Off, Zagger, and Surge Bolters and now The newly buffed Slugger.

Since the scaling got introduced I haven't seen an issue with infectors. They don't have high enough DPS anymore. Cloak finally got fixed now so the other sawed offs are fine. The Zagger looks to be next, so that just leaves the SB and Big Boomer.

All those weapons are outliers. The others in their class are fine.

Edited to add Slugger, can't believe I left that one off.

Marshal Law
08-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Zaggers, snipers, sluggers, detonators... All OP in PvP, they are really fighting a losing battle with these feeble balance attempts. So Zaggers users move to Vot Fraggers and Sluggers... Nothing really changes.

You left off infectors to that list.

Xervez
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Sharpened sticks I likey and even then I'll still snipe people with it.

When I'm bored with it I'll break it down into little pieces then make an LMG or a Scattergun and still paint the town red.

http://youtu.be/BEYZ8gOYVRQ -----> Don't need OP'ed weapons to have fun...

Learn to adapt, WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

Deunan
08-12-2014, 10:28 AM
There is always that contingent of players this will be true, however for the most part it's always been the same weapons. Big Boomer, Cankers, Cloaked with any Sawed Off, Zagger, and Surge Bolters.

Since the scaling got introduced I haven't seen an issue with infectors. They don't have high enough DPS anymore. Cloak finally got fixed now so the other sawed offs are fine. The Zagger looks to be next, so that just leaves the SB and Big Boomer.

All those weapons are outliers. The others in their class are fine.As long as players can bring their PvE guns into PvP there are always going to be outliers. I was only half joking because basically the only way you are going to completely level the playing field is by making all weapon loadouts generic. If you constantly accommodate rebalances to satisfy a minority of players that can't sustain the viability of the game to the alienation and exclusion of the majority of players that can then you're taking the game development in a direction that's going over a cliff, especially when it's coupled with so many other poor development decisions that are pushing it in that direction anyway.

ironcladtrash
08-12-2014, 10:40 AM
As long as players can bring their PvE guns into PvP there are always going to be outliers. I was only half joking because basically the only way you are going to completely level the playing field is by making all weapon loadouts generic. If you constantly accommodate rebalances to satisfy a minority of players that can't sustain the viability of the game to the alienation and exclusion of the majority of players that can then you're taking the game development in a direction that's going over a cliff, especially when it's coupled with so many other poor development decisions that are pushing it in that direction anyway.

You're right but I keep hoping one day someone will get it right. The PVE gear is what makes the PVP appealing for me. Although it takes so much planning and testing to do that and keep it fair I am not sure Trion has the man power and budget to do it, especially with random stats. I am not aware of a successful shooter that has done the PVE gear into PVP yet. The only ones I know of are Defiance, Firefall, and upcoming Destiny that are trying it.

Bungie stated for Destiny they made all the weapons in the game for balance and I bet they will still have some issues, but they have more staff and a larger budget. Don't know how Firefall has done yet. I'd also be willing to bet that is a major reason Borderlands hasn't attempted PVP yet.

I'd love for Trion to test these things out more before introducing them and getting nerfed later. It's such a great idea it's a shame it has come to the state it is in.

bigguy
08-12-2014, 10:49 AM
To the OP that is what snipers do in real life one shot people so its not ridiculous you are MR NERF.
Oh no someone killed me whatever they are using must be OP quick nerf it NOW.
With the frequency by which you ask for nerfs you can no longer be taken seriously , This is a shooter game you are supposed to get shot and die so get over it and stop acting like a child stomping his foot because youre not getting your way.

EDIT - You are no longer asking for balance but whatever is good for you

OMalley
08-12-2014, 11:03 AM
You left off infectors to that list.

Infectors have not been an issue for a while, imo... they may be non-aim, but three rolls stops the DoT, and you are good. Their DPS is really low.

Shakk
08-12-2014, 11:03 AM
What would be cool in PvP and to make it as balanced as possible would be to let everyone pick their guns, pick rolls of that gun, pick synergy, pick mod etc. Same concept as Guild Wars used to have in the first game.

Yes, this would mean to split up PvE and PvP. Pretty much like the PTS and Live servers are split up.

This way it would also be easier to balance things when everything could be tested.
Although unfortunatly, I'm aware this would never happen.

duction
08-12-2014, 11:17 AM
To the OP that is what snipers do in real life one shot people so its not ridiculous you are MR NERF.
Oh no someone killed me whatever they are using must be OP quick nerf it NOW.
With the frequency by which you ask for nerfs you can no longer be taken seriously , This is a shooter game you are supposed to get shot and die so get over it and stop acting like a child stomping his foot because youre not getting your way.

EDIT - You are no longer asking for balance but whatever is good for you

so you are fine with a gun that can one shot you from any distance, but didnt agree with a shotgun that could 1 shot kill you if you are lucky from in your face?

Kuurong
08-12-2014, 11:18 AM
What would be cool in PvP and to make it as balanced as possible would be to let everyone pick their guns, pick rolls of that gun, pick synergy, pick mod etc. Same concept as Guild Wars used to have in the first game.

Yes, this would mean to split up PvE and PvP. Pretty much like the PTS and Live servers are split up.

This way it would also be easier to balance things when everything could be tested.
Although unfortunatly, I'm aware this would never happen.

I don't think bring up Guild Wars PvP system helps, due to the fact to do what you say you needed to make a PvP only character, in Guild Wars 2 you still had your RP character then when you went into the mists you got to change your PvP loadout. Now back on topic, what about Shadow Wars, it will be on the live server still because it is within the main map? Now if having the PvP outfits on cause some sort of effect like in Guild Wars that let them nerf anything they needed to nerfed in PvP be nerfed, then left PvE stats alone.

bigguy
08-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Yeah if i play PVP yes i am fine with anything. I have never asked for a nerf i dont believe in them especially in a futuristic game with crazy unique guns.
When i play PVP i expect to die like anyone should and dont care what the person who killed me was using and dont complain in zone chat afterward either.
I have to admit i would hate someone who was using a lag switch obviously.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:27 AM

I hate to say it.. but yet another PVP nerf rant. Can we get a separate forum for PVP or is there one? You know, where stuff like this can go so the devs can discount it? Every change that stems from a PVP whine ends up severely impacting the game for the PVE players.

TalynOne
08-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Yeah if i play PVP yes i am fine with anything. I have never asked for a nerf i dont believe in them especially in a futuristic game with crazy unique guns.
When i play PVP i expect to die like anyone should and dont care what the person who killed me was using and dont complain in zone chat afterward either.
I have to admit i would hate someone who was using a lag switch obviously.

I once kept killing a noob with an unmodded green BMG and he messaged me saying the BMG is an overpowered hacked weapon. People will always go ape over whatever they're killed by. Maybe someday they'll realize they're being killed by a player not a weapon, or heaven forbid change strategies and try to get better.

Kuurong
08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I hate to say it.. but yet another PVP nerf rant. Can we get a separate forum for PVP or is there one? You know, where stuff like this can go so the devs can discount it? Every change that stems from a PVP whine ends up severely impacting the game for the PVE players.

Here is the PvP Forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?36-PvP) link.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Here is the PvP Forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?36-PvP) link.

I was actually being facetious, but you might want to post that as a response to the OP.

konstantinov
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Nerf everything. Nerf the amount of people that can connect at one time.

Dandrielas
08-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Nerf everything. Nerf the amount of people that can connect at one time.

Nerf your face! *Please don't scratch me*