PDA

View Full Version : WAI? High % of encrypted from boxes and rep vendors

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:12 AM
I bought probably 10 rep weapons from defiant few in the last couple days and found that almost all of them were already encrypted at blue and purple.

It seems to me that if you want folks to spend bits, you give them something they can spend on... such as AF to upgrade their weapon rarity.

If they can't... again, that seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot. Not that I'm judging and I don't have the entire picture or know where this is going (for all I know they may intend to start selling decryption keys for bits) the simple point of the post was to ask if anyone knows if this is working as intended, or if maybe someone needs to take a look at the code.

I spend probably more than a good portion of the player-base on the game, which is why I'm able to buy lots of bribes and, in turn, buy weapons from rep vendors.... but if they're all encrypted the only really viable option becomes to buy the purple box and HOPE that you get one that's not encrypted with all the right stats and nano. Unlikely as it is, that will keep people buying stuff, but only the folks that would do this anyway.

So.. anyone know about this or have more information about it?

TalynOne
08-12-2014, 11:14 AM
That's the beauty of lock boxes, it's pay to lose. If you don't enjoy the chase you're playing it wrong.

Strykewolf
08-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Seems to vary a bit. One day it seemed that every vendor weap was encrypted; the next; less than a third.

The encrypted thing hasn't been that big of a deal, overall, after messing with it for a couple of days.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:16 AM
That's the beauty of lock boxes, it's pay to lose. If you don't enjoy the chase you're playing it wrong.

Alrighty.

Just to be clear, this wasn't a "flame Defiance" thread.

It's a question thread... looking for information from people that might know if this is working as intended or if there is something else maybe coming that will make this seem more workable.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Seems to vary a bit. One day it seemed that every vendor weap was encrypted; the next; less than a third.

The encrypted thing hasn't been that big of a deal, overall, after messing with it for a couple of days.

The chase for the perfect weapon with the perfect rolls and nano does require some work and time, sacrifice, etc. But if, at the end of the rainbow, you are blocked by the simple fact that you get a purple that is encrypted... that's something of a conundrum when they could make more money allowing upgrades.

But, that's where the question comes in.

Anyone know of something coming to make this more workable? Decryption keys? Maybe this is just an oversight and the coding was extended to lockboxes instead of just to drops? That would make sense.

TalynOne
08-12-2014, 11:18 AM

If there's one thing I noticed about Trion RNG is that it's most likely based on an RNG algorithm that doesn't reseed on reuse (or more likely uses a seed that doesn't change often enough). So if you get 2-3 encrypted items, most likely they'll all be encrypted. If get a legendary at a Monolith then keep doing them to get more until the seed gets reset. Buying 10 lock boxes? Get ready to receive 5 of the same weapon. Personally since the patch I have not gotten one purple that hasn't been encrypted across two characters. I've also kept 0 new weapons since the patch.

Tickdoff Tank
08-12-2014, 11:24 AM
If there's one thing I noticed about Trion RNG is that it's most likely based on an RNG algorithm that doesn't reseed on reuse. So if you get 2-3 encrypted items, most likely they'll all be encrypted. If get a legendary at a Monolith then keep doing them to get more until the seed gets reset. Buying 10 lock boxes? Get ready to receive 5 of the same weapon. Personally since the patch I have not gotten one purple that hasn't been encrypted across two characters. I've also kept 0 new weapons since the patch.

I was under the impression that all weapons from lockboxes were encrypted. I bought well over 60 T2 boxes and every single blue and purple was encrypted. As a matter of fact, more than 9 out of 10 drops have been encrypted as well. I was shocked to learn that people were getting unencrypted items from lock boxes, my luck must have been extraordinarily bad.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I was under the impression that all weapons from lockboxes were encrypted. I bought well over 60 T2 boxes and every single blue and purple was encrypted. As a matter of fact, more than 9 out of 10 drops have been encrypted as well. I was shocked to learn that people were getting unencrypted items from lock boxes, my luck must have been extraordinarily bad.

So.. does anyone know if this is working as it was intended? Or if there's something coming that will fix this or make it more workable in terms of decryption keys or something? I hate to keep asking the same question, but..... that's what the thread is about actually.

TalynOne
08-12-2014, 11:38 AM
So.. does anyone know if this is working as it was intended? Or if there's something coming that will fix this or make it more workable in terms of decryption keys or something? I hate to keep asking the same question, but..... that's what the thread is about actually.

Then you posted in the wrong place. There's a Trion support section. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/contacting-trion-support

This forum is for player discussion, not Trion support.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Then you posted in the wrong place. There's a Trion support section. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/contacting-trion-support

I guess I'll just have to explain this further.

I'm asking for a discussion.

About the original post.........

If we determine that it's not working as intended and there is no response about how this could potentially be a stepping stone to something else, then we will take the next most logical step and bring it to their attention in an official capacity.

So.. you're right. But, but not quite yet :)

What I don't want to do is get into drop rates and stuff that's not related to the encryption coming from lockboxes and vendors or how people hate Trion, etc etc etc.

Strykewolf
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM

We appear to be discussing it. No? ;)

TalynOne
08-12-2014, 11:44 AM

Yep, but he's looking for a definitive answer which we can't give.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:45 AM

No.. actually :)

I'm looking for information. Something anyone has heard, maybe seen in patch notes that I didn't see. Heard something from the old grapevine, had some similar experiences with lockboxes and rep vendors, etc.

mclumpo
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
It is working as intended. They said somewhere the chances of not getting an encrypted gun were very low. Currently there is no work around and one hasn't been announced. I believe they will introduce a way for bits to unencrypte it or introduce a new rarity above orange. But that's just my opinion.

drackiller
08-12-2014, 11:48 AM
...I'm looking for information. Something anyone has heard, maybe seen in patch notes that I didn't see...

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?41-Patch-Notes

Are you expecting people to do the work for you!?

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
It is working as intended. They said somewhere the chances of not getting an encrypted gun were very low. Currently there is no work around and one hasn't been announced. I believe they will introduce a way for bits to unencrypted it or introduce a new rarity above orange. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, that sounds about right. The whole Bits for decryption keys was something we were discussing in the clan today also.

I guess I'll hold onto my decent lower-end weapons that have good rolls and hope for the best. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but paying more than the number of AF we had to spend to upgrade weapons (basically paying for a little more damage and a random roll) was pretty well-suited for the RNG pursuit.

What doesn't make sense is the gap in time between them rolling out the patch and coding the new way to upgrade.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:50 AM

Wow, a link to the entire list of patch notes.

What else would I expect?

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:52 AM

Are you expecting people to do the work for you!?

Oh, you edited your post, sorry I didn't get your snarky comment in there the first time around.

Oddly, that was what I was asking for. But, thanks for the usual negativity and pointless post. I can always count on you :)

mclumpo
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
What doesn't make sense is the gap in time between them rolling out the patch and coding the new way to upgrade.

A lot of this recent hullabaloo doesn't make any sense.
Welcome to defiance.

Bacon Overlord
08-12-2014, 11:56 AM
A lot of this recent hullabaloo doesn't make any sense.
Welcome to defiance.

Been here off and on since beta, actually. I just haven't ever been to the forums before a couple months ago since the level of trolling and toxicity in here is epic.

drackiller
08-12-2014, 12:01 PM
I just haven't ever been to the forums before a couple months ago since the level of trolling and toxicity in here is epic.
Specially since you started posting.

DeadEye68
08-12-2014, 12:06 PM
I bought probably 10 rep weapons from defiant few in the last couple days and found that almost all of them were already encrypted at blue and purple.

iirc, Trick mentioned during the SV Livestream general loot would have a 1/5 chance for non-encryption while boxes would boast a 1/4 rate. He also admitted those weren't definitive rates and may be subjected to changes ... or not. Other than that, we haven't been provided any solid information.

@Drack no offense intended dude, but you're giving his affirmation credence