PDA

View Full Version : The lag is unbearable

BloodSiege
08-12-2014, 04:38 PM
I have owned the game since it first came out. I got up to about 1000 ego and let the game go for awhile a few months after the shows season 1 finale. I loved doing arkfalls i might have done 15 actual missions but I was a true ark hunter. I come back thinking hey its f2p the population must be booming, aaaaaaaaand nothing....The content is great but the population is miniscule. That is not even the problem though with such a small population the servers should be blazing fast but i cannot even do a single arkfall with out lagging. Mobs spawn stay in one spot still shoot me across map, skills go off late, other players dont move...what the hell is up with this. I paid for the game and all i get is a title? I should at least get free dlc or something. This just seriously sucks.

TL;DR-Paid for game get nothing but a crappy title and laggy servers when checking back after f2p.

Until this lag is fixed this game is dead to me at least the show is good....

IcecuebPAL
08-12-2014, 04:41 PM
I heard they are having problems with Comcast or something like that.

TwistedEvil
08-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I heard it's sunspots....

Xaat Xuun
08-12-2014, 04:56 PM
the topic is here Network Latency Issues: August 12, 2014 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171349-Network-Latency-Issues-August-12-2014)

Xaat Xuun
08-12-2014, 04:57 PM
I heard it's sunspots....

You sure it's not Grenades

TwistedEvil
08-12-2014, 05:15 PM

Nope, not sure of anything....just heard it was sunspots and possibly global cooling.

Xaat Xuun
08-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Nope, not sure of anything....just heard it was sunspots and possibly global cooling.
can't have that no no no nono . . Because of Bikinis

Bonehead
08-12-2014, 05:32 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zpsfbd541a4.gif

TwistedEvil
08-12-2014, 05:32 PM
can't have that no no no nono . . Because of Bikinis

Agreed, I would see no point in living if i couldnt see beautiful women in bikinis, but talking with a buddy who lives in Superior WI....it's global cooling, not warming :/

Xeifer
08-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Agreed, I would see no point in living if i couldnt see beautiful women in bikinis

What about beautiful men in bikinis? No hang on maybe not bikinis, thats not right.

Bonehead
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Because of Bikinis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l6Q8Q1smwg

Murzin
08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
i have tried to play several times today.

usually its 10-15 mins before i start timing out and disconning

sometimes i can stay in 45 mins.

its getting pretty stupid.

Sephrinx
08-13-2014, 02:36 AM
So the game was fun for a couple days, until I realized it's impossible to play due to the constant extreme levels of lag.

Xaat Xuun
08-13-2014, 04:34 AM
So the game was fun for a couple days, until I realized it's impossible to play due to the constant extreme levels of lag.
did you get a chance to read this ** NA Network Connectivity Maintenance ** - 4:00 AM PDT 8/13/14 Updated! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171496-**-NA-Network-Connectivity-Maintenance-**-4-00-AM-PDT-8-13-14-Updated!)
I know I missed it, and the many others that were on during that time, I kept reading in chat things like " did anybody else just get bad lag" read a few like that, till I was DC'd . . it was time for me to log out anyways, then I read the link I posted, don't know how I missed it, I always check before I log in, if there are going to be such things happening like that.
probably saw it just nothing registered

Lorchra
08-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Hey all,

For right now, it looks as though the EU connectivity issues have been resolved! There are still a few lingering issues that we're resolving behind the scenes, but they should not impact players at this time. If there will be impact again, I'll update this thread with more information.

The EU connectivity issues are pretty .... far from resolved. Lag just prevented me from reloading my weapon (kept pressing "E" for about 10 to 15 seconds) at a Volge Swarm, with only 5 or 6 people around.

Ruinne
08-13-2014, 05:11 AM
The EU connectivity issues are pretty .... far from resolved. Lag just prevented me from reloading my weapon (kept pressing "E" for about 10 to 15 seconds) at a Volge Swarm, with only 5 or 6 people around.

Come now, you've been here as long as I have.

Defiance. Does. Not. Get. Fixed.

Kyosji
08-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Played for a few hours yesterday, mainly to get rep to buy a new legendary sword at the lighthouse. My god, nothing would die with that lag. I ended up killing myself half a dozen times because I didn't realize I was blowing myself up.

Also think the lag is affecting other bits of the game, like rewards. Yesterday I started doing the whispers arena with over 100 rep points already on me. I did 8 arenas (supposed to get 25 rep each time, for a total of 200 rep), and I ended the day checking on my points and only had 299. Something is not right there.

Lorchra
08-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Also think the lag is affecting other bits of the game, like rewards. Yesterday I started doing the whispers arena with over 100 rep points already on me. I did 8 arenas (supposed to get 25 rep each time, for a total of 200 rep), and I ended the day checking on my points and only had 299. Something is not right there.

I can relate to that, yesterday I soloed a minor scrapper arkfall, hoping to level up my rocket launcher skill, killed all the five waves, and ended up with like 660 xp and 3 (!!!) kills. It must be a special kind of lag as it allows you to kill monsters, but does not allow you to score.... wait, maybe it is a ninja nerf? No score = no keys, no forge.

Dinova
08-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Its not Trion alone, the whole internet having issues atm due 'core-routers'.
http://www.zdnet.com/internet-hiccups-today-youre-not-alone-heres-why-7000032566/