PDA

View Full Version : Beta key from Amazon

Snow
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey peeps,

Was wondering the people that pre ordered from Amazon did you guys get the beta key straight away? or did it take a few days before you receive it?

I Pre ordered today but havent gotten a beta key yet so was wondering how long something like that would take =).

Greetz!

Memori
02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
You won't get a key from Amazon, I pre-ordered there then I asked about it after not receiving one for quite a few days, they told me that they give all codes when they ship the game, so I continued to pester them about it saying that doing that would be pointless because by then there will be no need for a beta code, and they contacted me again saying they have no information on the beta codes or any such subject and can't give me any information regarding it.

So from what I understand, you won't get a beta code for pre-ordering on Amazon and they have no information or idea that beta codes even exist, because Trion hasn't given them any for pre-ordering?

That's all I assume, and is purely speculation though, so don't take my word for it.

Myll_Erik
02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
If you preordered from Amazon they should be giving you a Trion code now that will enable us to see you as a beta player.

If you are not getting a code from Amazon now, please contact them and request one.

@Memori - could you shoot me an e-mail at community@defiance.com and include any messages you have had with Amazon? We would like to get this resolved.

FictionalNinja
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm willing to bet Memori ordered from amazon.co.uk, who doesn't have a preorder promo listed for Defiance yet. Possibly because European preorder information hasn't been finalized, since we still don't have confirmation where we can get the Ultimate Edition over here.

cab0218
02-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I ordered on Amazon.com too. I sent you a copy of the e-mail they sent me. Hopefully you can get a hold of someone there and figure out what is going on because they have no clue.

Kaoslion
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
That is something that can be checked into PC games don't tend to be region locked from my experience. I've downloaded a few games from a UK PC game and played on my NA laptop. I didn't have a issue. A couple of them even being Electronic Arts. So might be worth taking advantage of Dollar weakness compared to the Euro or British Pound and pick up a American Ultimate copy to play in the EU.

Snow
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
If you preordered from Amazon they should be giving you a Trion code now that will enable us to see you as a beta player.

If you are not getting a code from Amazon now, please contact them and request one.

@Memori - could you shoot me an e-mail at community@defiance.com and include any messages you have had with Amazon? We would like to get this resolved.

So you would suggest us that have pre ordered from amazon to email them and ask when we receive a Beta key from them.

If they cant give a answer or say that we wont be getting a key we should mail you our correspondence with them to clear it up?

just to be clear on the subject =).

Thanks for the fast response!

greetz Snow

cab0218
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
They seem to not know about any beta keys at all from the other times I have contacted them.

Snow
02-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Lets hope Myll_Erik can clear it up for us =)

cab0218
02-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Ya I think he will be able to.

Memori
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm willing to bet Memori ordered from amazon.co.uk, who doesn't have a preorder promo listed for Defiance yet. Possibly because European preorder information hasn't been finalized, since we still don't have confirmation where we can get the Ultimate Edition over here.

Yes, I did - But I don't think discriminating on where you order your copy or from what part of the world you are from is a good way to go about things. I pre-ordered the game, I should receive the same benefits as anyone else who has pre-ordered.

Done, thank you for assisting me.

Arysse
02-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I preordered from Amazon also and never received a beta key. If you talk to customer service, they have no clue but it makes sense. They have another group that handles promo codes that usually handles it but you can't talk to them. Even if they do try to help you, it usually never gets resolved.

It's a shame but something needs to be done quickly.

FictionalNinja
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes, I did - But I don't think discriminating on where you order your copy or from what part of the world you are from is a good way to go about things. I pre-ordered the game, I should receive the same benefits as anyone else who has pre-ordered.

I agree. I ordered the UE from amazon.co.uk as well, and really would like to ensure I'm entitled to the same extras as others. I was only intending to provide Myll_Erik a bit more information on our situation.

Myll_Erik
02-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I've begun checking in to things - however I can't do much with so few people around. Will be one of my top priorities on Monday!

Memori
02-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I agree. I ordered the UE from amazon.co.uk as well, and really would like to ensure I'm entitled to the same extras as others. I was only intending to provide Myll_Erik a bit more information on our situation.

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, I didn't mean that you were discriminating or anything originally, I was just using it as a general term - Had to clear this up just in case because after reading what I quoted and then said right after, it might have come off wrong.

I've begun checking in to things - however I can't do much with so few people around. Will be one of my top priorities on Monday!

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to check this out.

cab0218
02-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you very much. Best customer service.

Kaoslion
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
He will but also if you two search the hidden code topic there were beta key's given out during live stream that were good as of like 4 hours ago.

cab0218
02-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Oh I know that but I still get a key with my pre order so If that is part of me pre ordering the game then I want it.

Kaoslion
02-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Cab0218 You greedy little smurf lol but yes I don't blame you.

cab0218
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I preordered before they even had that you get a beta key.

FictionalNinja
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, I didn't mean that you were discriminating or anything originally, I was just using it as a general term - Had to clear this up just in case because after reading what I quoted and then said right after, it might have come off wrong.

No worries. I was concerned my first post had inadvertently come off as offensive, so was just hoping to clarify with my second.

@Myll_Erik - Thank you for the help. Do you know when we should have confirmation if amazon.co.uk is the exclusive seller of the UE in the UK?

Davisto
02-03-2013, 02:24 AM
i have also preordered this game from amazon.co.uk UE so i will wait and see if myll_erik can help you out to see if we can get beta key and must i say its about time we had a good looking mmo whats pay just for the game on consoles :)

Snow
02-03-2013, 04:58 AM
I contacted this morning Amazon about the beta key.

They said to mail me the order number so they could check it out and see what they could do for me.

Am waiting for a response will let you guys know what happens next.

Snow
02-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Okey had to laugh when i got the message back from Amazon so they want to dispatch the beta key on release day 2nd of april.... this is what they send me :

"Hello,

I understand that you want to know when would you receive the Beta Key for the "Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)".

I have checked your order and can see that the item is scheduled to dispatch April 2, 2013.

We will send you the beta key for the game as soon as the order gets dispatched.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Finally, we would like to express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed thus far.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

We hope to see you again.

Did I solve your problem?

Warmest regards,

Mohit

Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

---- Original message: ---- "

well hope this gives Myll_Erik a little more info.

Davisto
02-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Okey had to laugh when i got the message back from Amazon so they want to dispatch the beta key on release day 2nd of april.... this is what they send me :

"Hello,

I understand that you want to know when would you receive the Beta Key for the "Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)".

I have checked your order and can see that the item is scheduled to dispatch April 2, 2013.

We will send you the beta key for the game as soon as the order gets dispatched.

Finally, we would like to express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed thus far.

Warmest regards,

Mohit

Amazon.co.uk

lmao wow the beta will be finished when the game is shipped so really thats a lie in a way givingaway a beta code for when the beta is shut

Davisto
02-03-2013, 07:27 AM
and may i add im getting the xbox 360 edition

Snow
02-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Do you guys have any news on this mather? Myll_Erik you said you would make it your priority
monday morning. :p

anyway any info much appreciated!

Dorkknight
02-04-2013, 07:35 AM
It's not just the matter of the Beta keys its the pre order code, if we do not have the pre order code we do not get the pre order benefits either. I purchased the UE from Amazon.co.uk myself on the 30th and sent them and email about the preorder code on the 31st, I'm still waiting for a response.

Someone might want to check into that the UE on amazon.co.uk is actually offering the bonus dvd, which is actually unavalible in Europe. If i get a reponse to my email I'll forward it on to Myll_Erik.

Dorkknight
02-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Do you guys have any news on this mather? Myll_Erik you said you would make it your priority
monday morning. :p

anyway any info much appreciated!

Snow PSt is 8 hours behind us it's only 6.35 in the morning there :)

Jebediah Morningside
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Emailed Amazon.co.uk as well. I figured the more the merrier. Not expecting much from them frankly, but who knows.

Oh, one thing that just popped into my mind: I already applied a beta code that I got from some beta key giveaway site to m account, so I'm wondering if the "pre-order-key" beta differs from the "giveaway-key" beta somehow. Any clues?

Myll_Erik
02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Working on this today folks - I've been asking questions and hunting people down trying to get this resolved.

cab0218
02-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Thank you very much we greatly appreciate this.

Memori
02-04-2013, 10:32 AM

"Hello,

Warmest regards,

Mohit

Amazon.co.uk

I got the same, and continued to mail them about the issue as I am adamant to get my code so I get both the pre-order benefits and subsequently, beta access. They got back to me with...

I understand from your e-mail that you are concerned about the beta code for your order# BLANK-FOR-PRIVATE.

I have checked the website and I can see that we currently do not have any information about the beta codes that you are referring to.

However, if there is any further update regarding the beta codes, we will update it on the website.

We are sorry, as we are not of much help to you in this regard.

Snow
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Myll_Erik for checking this out for us poor souls!

We will be waiting in anticipation on your answer.

:-P

Jebediah Morningside
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
As was to be expected, they're pulling the same stunt on me, too. Here's what I've got so far (links and personal data have been removed):

Hello,

the point of participating in a game's beta program is to help the developer find errors in his game. Nowadays it also serves as a means for the customer to familiarize himself with that game before it is released. A beta key that is sent to a customer at the time of the game's official release cannot serve any of these purposes, because by that time, the beta program is already over.

According to Trion, the developer of the game that Amazon.co.uk is selling, Amazon.co.uk is also supposed to mail these beta keys to the customers shortly after they have placed their pre-order. Please escalate this issue to your superiors. I fear that somewhere, something is going terribly wrong, which a lot of your customer's postings on the Defiance developer's forums seem to affirm.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
A Name

On --------------, Amazon.co.uk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand that you've not received the beta codes for the item - "Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)".
>
> I'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in this matter.
>
> I've checked and can see that the item is set to be dispatched on April 02, 2013 and the delivery date on April 03, 2013.
>
> Rest assured, you'll receive the beta codes along with the item.
>
> If we can be of further assistance, you can reply directly to this e-mail. You can reach us by chat or phone from this link:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/contact-us
>
> Customer Service can be reached by phone and chat 7 days a week 06.00 to midnight, local UK time.
>
> If you need to call us, we can be reached on Freephone (within the UK) 0800 496 1081.
>
> International customers can reach us on +44 207 084 7911.
>
> Once again, I'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in this matter.
>
> I appreciate your patience and understanding.
>
> I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
>
> Did I solve your problem?
>
> If yes, please click here:
>
> If no, please click here:
>
> To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website: http://www.amazon.co.uk/help
>
> Warmest regards,
>
>
> Amazon.co.uk
> Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
>
> ---- Original message: ----
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------
> Comments:Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> I recently pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition of the PC version of the game "Defiance", but haven't received the beta key as of yet.
>
> According to Myll_Erik, a Community Manager for Trion, the developer of the game (please see http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=21808&viewfull=1#post21808), people who didn't yet receive their beta code should contact you and request that key from you.
>
> Please email me said beta key. Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
> ---------------

Snow
02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Snow PSt is 8 hours behind us it's only 6.35 in the morning there :)

Yeah i know am just teasin Myll_Erik a little :p

cab0218
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I just got this but it does not say when they will send the codes.Myll_Erik should they have sent the codes already?

Hello,

I'm writing to follow up on our recent correspondence with you regarding the beta code with your pre order for "Defiance Standard Edition".

I'd like to inform you that, I've verified this issue with our concern team and see that you are eligible for the pre order beta code. However, you will receive the code some time before the release of the game.

Rest assured, If you haven't received the code by that time, please feel free to write back to us, so that we will be able to assist you further.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

As a representative of Amazon.com, I want to assure you that we value your feedback as it helps us continue to improve the service and selection we provide--it's the foundation on which our company was built. Please know that we'll continue working hard to ensure that you receive accurate service from us.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our Authors is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Myll_Erik
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
We're still working on this folks - please be patient.

Madmolar
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I ordered direct from Trion, and I don't have a beta code from them yet either!

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
The email with beta invites and codes normally flow on a thursday and friday so just be patient that is the part of the week I've been getting emails from them.

Madmolar
02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks Kaoslion, that's useful information. I will wait expectantly! :-D

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
If you don't get one by thursday say 10 or 11pm GMT uk time jump on the forums and Send Myll_Erik a message about it he is the Community Manager.

cab0218
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Amazon told me that Trion Worlds has not sent them any codes. They said they will send them once they get them.

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Cab you should proabally send Myll_Erik a message then on here and see if he can help.

Snow
02-05-2013, 03:18 AM
We did talk to Myll_Erik and he said he is checking it out so we can only wait till he has more info about this.

:cool:

Jebediah Morningside
02-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Follow up to http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=23523&viewfull=1#post23523

Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you and would like to apologise for the incorrect information provided.

I've checked our records and I can confirm that we do not offer any pre-order promotional codes for Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD) on our website.

In this case, we're unable to provide you with any pre-order promotional codes for Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD) from our end. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You can find details of all our current Pre-order promotions for videogames at the following page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000299573

You can also find this, directly from the Amazon.co.uk homepage (www.amazon.co.uk), by pointing your mouse cursor to "Music, Games, Film & TV" on the left of the page and then clicking on "PC & Videogames". A link to all our Pre-order Promotions can be seen on the left of that page.

If you've seen a Pre-Order Promotion on a Video Game product sold on another website, possibly even Amazon.com, Amazon.fr or Amazon.de, but don't see the same offer listed on Amazon.co.uk, it means that the Promotion isn't available on Amazon.co.uk.

We're always looking for ways to improve the customer experience of shopping on Amazon.co.uk, but we can't give out information about any offers that may be available in the future.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A7783X7XNFRX8&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A7783X7XNFRX8&k=hn

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website: http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Warmest regards,

Now I'm worried. Does this mean I won't even get the pre-order item?

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 04:59 AM
This is concerning... since I was hoping to buy from Amazon with a $20 discount code. :\

Snow
02-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Follow up to http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=23523&viewfull=1#post23523

Now I'm worried. Does this mean I won't even get the pre-order item?

We probably get it since they confirmed they mail the pre order code on day of shipping to us or at least thats what i could figure out of the previous mails. But it seems we will not be getting our Beta key from them.

Then the question that remains is how do we get the beta key and what other codes do we get from them ? =)

Eriandnil
02-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Ordered my UE of Defience from them, amazon.co.uk, but I can't even contact them from the site since they keep redirecting me to amazon.com everytime I chose anything in the help section :D. No worries though, I am already registered for beta, but I pray I'll never need to contact them in the future.

Dorkknight
02-05-2013, 07:12 AM
I've had the same reponse Snow and other's have got to my second email (they ignored the first one).

Thank you for ordering "Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)" from Amazon.co.uk.

I can confirm that you are eligible for participation in this promotion.

You will be receiving your claim code on April 02, 2013.

Please note that claim code emails are sent throughout the day. As emails can take a little time to be delivered by various networks, you may receive the claim code later in the day.

Please ensure that your mail provider and account are not diverting Amazon email to any "Spam" or "Trash" folders. This should ensure mail delivery going forward.

Now all I asked about the second time was my pre order code - the thing is if the "Pre Order code" goes out later in the day the game is launched ... is it valid? As technically we not applying it until the game is live.

I have also tried shoppping around for another UK/European shipper but all I can see for the ultimate is Gamestop and i'm sorry but £107.00 ($169) is abit much. So in all honesty if this is not fixed and soon then I'll just cancel.

On a side note can you guys at Trion start including place's like play.com and other major UK outlets because not only are amazon useless (they do this all the time) but they are also tax dodging scum bags.

Edit*

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 07:18 AM
I've had the same reponse Snow and other's have got to my second email (they ignored the first one).

Now all I asked about the second time was my pre order code - the thing is if the "Pre Order code" goes out later in the day the game is launched ... is it valid? As technically we not applying it until the game is live.

I have also tried shoppping around for another UK/European shipper but all I can see for the ultimate is Gamestop and i'm sorry but £107.00 ($169) is abit much. So in all honesty if this is not fixed and soon then I'll just cancel.

On a side can you guys start including place's like play.com and other major UK outlets because not only are amazon useless (they do this all the time) but they are also tax dodging scum bags.

For you guys who are ordering from the uk Amazon (notorious for having pre-order issues and game bonus items)... have you tried canceling the order and going onto the US site to order say the Digital version?

They offer the standard and Deluxe digital versions with the extra bonuses:

Pre-order "Defiance" and get an Amazon-Exclusive Weapon and Limited Edition Pre-order Bonus Content
Pre-order any digital download version of "Defiance" and get an Amazon-Exclusive Weapon ("The Plague Bringer") plus loads of other pre-order bonus content. Customers who pre-order will receive "The Outlander Outfit", Iron Demon In-game title, a 3-day XP boost, lock box, Beta invites, and more.

Might be a better option. I planned to go Amazon myself, but I need to know the US site is ok for orders.

Dorkknight
02-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Ordered my UE of Defience from them, amazon.co.uk, but I can't even contact them from the site since they keep redirecting me to amazon.com everytime I chose anything in the help section :D. No worries though, I am already registered for beta, but I pray I'll never need to contact them in the future.

Log in go - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=sr_1_1_acs_h_1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&qid=1360074112&sr=8-1-acs

Goto the page you need an click the product you ordered, then pick how you want to contact them. Keep your email simple they seem to have a very low IQ and have trouble reading a detailed email.

Dorkknight
02-05-2013, 07:28 AM
For you guys who are ordering from the uk Amazon (notorious for having pre-order issues and game bonus items)... have you tried canceling the order and going onto the US site to order say the Digital version?

Might be a better option. I planned to go Amazon myself, but I need to know the US site is ok for orders.

The US amazon site is not selling the Ultimate - Which I want for the DLC pass.

Eriandnil
02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Log in go - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=sr_1_1_acs_h_1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&qid=1360074112&sr=8-1-acs

Goto the page you need an click the product you ordered, then pick how you want to contact them. Keep your email simple they seem to have a very low IQ and have trouble reading a detailed email.

Thank you for that great answer, funny one too :).
That site is messy, I had to log in 2 times before I got the "Contact Us" button to work got logged out and redirected, I suspect they are trying to keep us out from the customer support ;). But got it working and one mail sent to them, very short and very very to the point ;). Have to see if I get something similar as the rest.

Many thanks again.

Krazykat
02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
When you pre-order from amazon, did you order the Hard copy or digital edition? The digital edition version, the keys are in the download...it opens to a page with 2 keys, the pre-order key and the Triton activation key. I would also check your amazon account under games library and see if there is anything there.

Eriandnil
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
@Krazykat (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?4445592-Krazykat)
Hard copy here, wanted the fluff from the Ultimate Edition box. :) Will probably pre-order the digital editions from the other stores just to get the weapons.

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
@Krazykat (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?4445592-Krazykat)
Hard copy here, wanted the fluff from the Ultimate Edition box. :) Will probably pre-order the digital editions from the other stores just to get the weapons.

Holy hell... if you have all that extra cash, feel free to buy some of us empty wallet warriors a few copies too. :P

Davisto
02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Holy hell... if you have all that extra cash, feel free to buy some of us empty wallet warriors a few copies too. :P

yeah i thought that too lmao

Eriandnil
02-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Well, with a smaller community of you, me and Davisto maybe, but even if I believe 1 copy is cheap i think 250k - 500k + will suck to pay :p. Yeah, I know you said the empty wallet warriors, but wouldn't everyone claim to be that if so? :p
And I will not get the others in digital deluxe or ultimate, they will just be the cheap standard ones.

cab0218
02-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Ya we will see what he says. I hope he can confirm if they sent the codes to amazon yet.

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Well, with a smaller community of you, me and Davisto maybe, but even if I believe 1 copy is cheap i think 250k - 500k + will suck to pay :p. Yeah, I know you said the empty wallet warriors, but wouldn't everyone claim to be that if so? :p
And I will not get the others in digital deluxe or ultimate, they will just be the cheap standard ones.

Haha. I'm fairly certain no one would complain about a free standard copy of the game. :P

Davisto
02-05-2013, 08:59 AM

yeah i agree everyone would want in lol i wonder what response myll_erik is getting from amazon :P

Davisto
02-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Haha. I'm fairly certain no one would complain about a free standard copy of the game. :P

haha i know i wouldnt :P

Eriandnil
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Got an answer from Amazon Customer Support, most encuraging thus far I think:

Hello,

From your e-mail, I understand that you require Beta codes of the "Defiance: Ultimate Edition" to register on Trion Worlds Defiance site.

We have asked our technical team to look into this issue. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

Your patience and understanding in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Warmest regards,

W*** A
Amazon.co.uk

Censored his name a little so it can't become any name and shame :). At least they are going to look into it and return with an answer within 5 days, some progression if minor.

cab0218
02-05-2013, 12:10 PM
They said the same thing to me then told me they have not gotten codes yet. I told them I might just order else ware but Im only ordering on there since I had gift cards for Amazon.

Snow
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
So anything new about this? Friday is closing in and am getting a little anxious if we even gonna be able to participate in the beta.

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
So anything new about this? Friday is closing in and am getting a little anxious if we even gonna be able to participate in the beta.

There are some beta codes out there so you can at least get in on that test. That's at least something while Amazon UK sorts this mess out.

Myll_Erik
02-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Ok folks - just confirmed with Amazon. All of you who preordered from Amazon should be receiving a Trion code sometime soon. If you don't have it by end of day Thursday please contact them directly!

Once you apply the Trion code to your Trion account you will be getting another invite e-mail from us allowing you to participate in the upcoming beta!

Jebediah Morningside
02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks, but does this also apply to those of us who preordered at Amazon.co.uk? And what about the pre-order items?

Myll_Erik
02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes - and yes.

The code you are applying to your account marks you for beta as well as your preorder bonuses.

Memori
02-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Got an answer from Amazon Customer Support, most encuraging thus far I think:

Hello,

From your e-mail, I understand that you require Beta codes of the "Defiance: Ultimate Edition" to register on Trion Worlds Defiance site.

We have asked our technical team to look into this issue. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

Your patience and understanding in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Warmest regards,

W*** A
Amazon.co.uk

Censored his name a little so it can't become any name and shame :). At least they are going to look into it and return with an answer within 5 days, some progression if minor.

Sounds better than the dirt cheap "Yeah nothing we can do about it" response I got.

Ok folks - just confirmed with Amazon. All of you who preordered from Amazon should be receiving a Trion code sometime soon. If you don't have it by end of day Thursday please contact them directly!

Once you apply the Trion code to your Trion account you will be getting another invite e-mail from us allowing you to participate in the upcoming beta!

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out and then pester them some more if they don't. Can I get your permission to quote this in an email if I don't receive my code from amazon by Thursday?

I'm also a pessimist, so while I hope I will, I'm not counting on anything! But I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do, which is always a plus, and if not, I can just say "Told you so!" which always feels good!

Myll_Erik
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Please do quote me/Trion directly if you would like.

Syeira
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I put in an online UE order at Gamestop earlier today, still waiting on a key too.

Memori
02-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Please do quote me/Trion directly if you would like.

Thank you.

ibohr
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM

PC only or will people who preordered the console version get the code this week too?

cab0218
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Thank you I just got my code. Best customer service ever!

Jebediah Morningside
02-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Yes - and yes.

The code you are applying to your account marks you for beta as well as your preorder bonuses.

Thank you very much. Now let's see if they'll finally fulfill their pre-order duties.

ACReaper
02-06-2013, 04:53 AM
thanks for the help Myll_Erik :)

Snow
02-06-2013, 05:22 AM

Amazing work!! Thanks for sorting this mess out for us! will be waiting on the mail!

Silvanos
02-06-2013, 06:18 AM
This is great news indeed, but im on the phone atm with amazon uk customer support and they have no idea or no information about the early codes.

Can i ask has any one here received their codes from amazon uk yet ? If so in what form and who was the email from that included the code ?

Im already in the beta and loving it. I'll purchase the digital deluxe from Trion and use that. But would really like the extra pre-order items from amazon. The Ultimate edition from amazon will be kept untouched.

But back to the questions if anyone can answer please.

Davisto
02-06-2013, 07:26 AM
any word on console beta codes from amazon i don't use PC to play and yes i know the console beta hasn't been announced just will i get my beta code for console of amazon or trion?

HAWKPIXIE
02-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I contacted amazon uk today and was told they know nothing about any preorder codes

Eriandnil
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Got my answer from amazon uk last night, and well not many will get the beta key codes from them without a fight as it seems :p :

Hello,

Further to your E-mail, I have received an update from our Product Group regarding "beta code for pre-ordering" about the product 'Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)':

"Amazon are not offering a pre-order incentive with this game. The DLC code is included in the packaging. The customer will need to contact the manufacturer in relation to a Beta code."

I hope you understand that we do our best to respond to the customer's query with a positive solution, but in very rare cases like these the solution will be out of our reach. Inconvenience is deeply regretted. I hope you understand my limitations in helping you out in this case.

If we can be of further assistance, you can reply directly to this e-mail. You can reach us by chat or phone from this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/contact-us

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A1NWGBO71G745J&k=hy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A1NWGBO71G745J&k=hn

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website: http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Warmest regards,

W
Amazon.co.uk (http://Amazon.co.uk)

Can't be bothered and I already have beta access, so I will just wait for my UE to arrive in the mail around April 5th. But I can see how this can be a problem for people that don't have access and that will only order from one store. And to get this answer after Trion have spoken to them regarding this are just amazing.

Anyways just wanted to post to tell that amazon uk are not offering a pre-order incentive with this game. Haha, yeah, beta codes are incentives these days. :D

lebrine
02-07-2013, 02:42 AM
I preordered from Amazon UK too, I'm guessing that none of us who ordered from them will get the preorder bonuses?

That is pretty lame :(

HAWKPIXIE
02-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Looks like us in the uk need some help please we still dont even know what is included in our ultimate edition

ACReaper
02-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Got my answer from amazon uk last night, and well not many will get the beta key codes from them without a fight as it seems :p :

Hello,

Further to your E-mail, I have received an update from our Product Group regarding "beta code for pre-ordering" about the product 'Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)':

"Amazon are not offering a pre-order incentive with this game. The DLC code is included in the packaging. The customer will need to contact the manufacturer in relation to a Beta code."

I hope you understand that we do our best to respond to the customer's query with a positive solution, but in very rare cases like these the solution will be out of our reach. Inconvenience is deeply regretted. I hope you understand my limitations in helping you out in this case.

If we can be of further assistance, you can reply directly to this e-mail. You can reach us by chat or phone from this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A1NWGBO71G745J&k=hy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A1NWGBO71G745J&k=hn

Warmest regards,

W
Amazon.co.uk (http://Amazon.co.uk)

Can't be bothered and I already have beta access, so I will just wait for my UE to arrive in the mail around April 5th. But I can see how this can be a problem for people that don't have access and that will only order from one store. And to get this answer after Trion have spoken to them regarding this are just amazing.

Anyways just wanted to post to tell that amazon uk are not offering a pre-order incentive with this game. Haha, yeah, beta codes are incentives these days. :D

yup same for me after the 5th email they just said contact the manufacturer over this matter, so i guess my question is will the people who ordered the game in the uk be able to get codes from the dev's ? i just want to know i'll get the pre-order extras as listed on the defiance site even if i don't get a beta code .thanks for any help from all us UK gamers :P

Dorkknight
02-07-2013, 06:13 AM
They have said in earlier emails the pre order code will go out on the 2nd April (when the game goes live), I have asked the question before, what happens if we register the pre order the day the game goes live is it classed as a pre order (I very much doubt it).

For myself right now I'm thinking of cancelling this game, and as I cannot find another UK supplier of the Ultimate Edition - I will just give the game a miss. If you are continuing with your orders from Amazon.co.uk, then you can get revenge for their horrible service as they are advertising the bonus dvd, which is actually not availible in the UK or Europe. This gives you the right to formally complain to the ASA.

http://www.asa.org.uk/

Advertising Standards Authority Limited
Mid City Place
71 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6QT

If enough of you do they will get a very hefty fine, and the complaint goes for all platforms. It might even make them learn about the product they are selling, before they start annoying their customer base.

NinjaC00M
02-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I have had the same issue as most, hoping to get PS3 UE in the UK. After pre ordering I asked;

"I'm after my pre order codes for defiance ultimate edition"

"I've pre ordered the PS3 ultimate edition of defiance and require my codes to access beta and get the unique bonus items. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated"

Reply from: "Amazon.co.uk"

"Hello,

I understand from your e-mail that you were expecting to receive a bonus code to access beta and get the unique bonus items, for pre-ordering the Defiance: Ultimate Edition on PS3.

These bonus codes are made available to all PS3 players, once the Pre-Ordered game has been dispatched from us.

Please be informed that we do not hold spare copies of the game unless the game has been launched and we have the stock in our inventory.

These codes are provided to us by the manufacturer Namco as soon as they have launched the game.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company."

So I cancelled my order and contected Myll_Erik asking if there was anything specific I could say to spur them into action, like sending me the Trion code required.

If I get an answer and it works I will share for other UK players looking for pre-order.

Jebediah Morningside
02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
My only concern at this point is for the sniper rifle that comes with Amazon pre-orders. Since I like sniping and would like to get into sniping as soon as possible, and I want to get the Ultimate Edition, UK Amazon really is the only place to buy.

If UK Amazon stays stubborn and / or ignorant, can someone at Trion unlock the sniper rifle for me if I send them a copy of Amazon's invoice?

I'm already set up for the upcoming beta weekend thanks to the numerous sites that handed out keys, so time is a non-issue.

ACReaper
02-07-2013, 08:02 AM
They have said in earlier emails the pre order code will go out on the 2nd April (when the game goes live), I have asked the question before, what happens if we register the pre order the day the game goes live is it classed as a pre order (I very much doubt it).

For myself right now I'm thinking of cancelling this game, and as I cannot find another UK supplier of the Ultimate Edition - I will just give the game a miss. If you are continuing with your orders from Amazon.co.uk, then you can get revenge for their horrible service as they are advertising the bonus dvd, which is actually not availible in the UK or Europe. This gives you the right to formally complain to the ASA.

http://www.asa.org.uk/

Advertising Standards Authority Limited
Mid City Place
71 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6QT

If enough of you do they will get a very hefty fine, and the complaint goes for all platforms. It might even make them learn about the product they are selling, before they start annoying their customer base.

i'll just ask trion for them to add the pre-order items to my account once i add my UE game code to my account i'm not missing out on defiance just because amazon don't know there arse from there elbow . And yes i could just order elce where but i want the UE so it's the only place to order.
trion are good they will sort something out for us all if all this pre-order trouble keeps up.
i have faith in them :)

Dorkknight
02-07-2013, 08:14 AM
i'll just ask trion for them to add the pre-order items to my account once i add my UE game code to my account i'm not missing out on defiance just because amazon don't know there arse from there elbow . And yes i could just order elce where but i want the UE so it's the only place to order.
trion are good they will sort something out for us all if all this pre-order trouble keeps up.
i have faith in them :)

Oh I have faith in Trion, I have no faith in Amazon at all to get this fixed - you would have thought with about 100 emails on the same subject someone at that place would put 2 and 2 togeather but they so thick they adding it to 3.

Anyway made a thread on the UE part of the site some of you might want to make your feelings known too.

Jebediah Morningside
02-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Is there someone who is suffering from UK Amazon's incompetence and can't get into the beta because of that? Grab this key and **** a snook at Amazon.

NZ3R-FMC6-F9Q9-MMER-PGRT

Rabidwomble
02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Between the Defiance communities uncertainty that the UE on amazon.co.uk is the genuine article and the pre-order code mess going on, I'm starting to think about canceling my UE pre-order with them.
I had a look at the other sellers that Trion links too and found that Zavvi is the only one that makes any mention of the preorder bonus but ive been burned badly by them in the past. GAME.co.uk has its own edition and the CE but no mention of pre-order bonus and Gamestop.co.uk doesn't even list the game.
Has anyone pre-ordered the console version of the game in the UK and actually received their code?

Snow
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Am still waiting on my email from Amazon.

Waiting till tommorow still no key then will be harassing Myll_Erik again =p.

Myll_Erik
02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Has anyone gotten any sort of code from Amazon?

FictionalNinja
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Still waiting on my key/code from Amazon as well.

It looks like Trion updated their preorder page though and now the UE points to Amazon, not Gamestop. Although it still has Gamestop exclusive in the details.

HAWKPIXIE
02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

amazon uk have no codes

Halcyon
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I preordered the Amazon Digital Deluxe version. I was able to download some files for it within my games library. Inside was a html file with my custom preorder code and digital deluxe code to redeem. Worked just fine!

Thanks for your purchase from Amazon.com.

Amazon Game Downloads is constantly working to offer an increasing selection of game downloads at competitive prices. Make sure to check www.amazon.com/gamedownloads regularly to see what new games we have available and the great deals we run every week.

Thank you for pre-ordering DEFIANCE!

TO REDEEM YOUR CODE:

1. Go to www.defiance.com/start

2. Create a Trion Worlds account or log in to your existing account

3. If you are not redirected automatically, click the “Apply Code” menu item.

4. Enter the Product Registration code shown above

Includes access to at least one (1) Defiance™ beta testing phase. In-game items will be activated and applied to your account upon Early Access.

Snow
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM

Not yet like i said in previous reply will wait till tomorrow before i start bothering you again :p.

But to answer your question no didn receive my code yet.

Jebediah Morningside
02-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Nope. No email from UK Amazon yet. Have prepared this to go out to them tomorrow morning in case there is still no email by then:

Dear Sir / Madam,

sorry to bring this up again, but it's official. Even Amazon.co.uk has to send customers their pre-order keys.

Quoting Myll_Erik, Community Manager for Trion, the developer of the game (found at http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=24744&viewfull=1#post24744):

"Ok folks - just confirmed with Amazon. All of you who preordered from Amazon should be receiving a Trion code sometime soon. If you don't have it by end of day Thursday please contact them directly!

Once you apply the Trion code to your Trion account you will be getting another invite e-mail from us allowing you to participate in the upcoming beta!"

Quoting a related question by another user (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=24765&viewfull=1#post24765):

"Thanks, but does this also apply to those of us who preordered at Amazon.co.uk? And what about the pre-order items?"

Quoting Myll_Erik's answer to that (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=24783&viewfull=1#post24783):

"Yes - and yes.

The code you are applying to your account marks you for beta as well as your preorder bonuses."

Please email me my pre-order key. Thank you.

Sincerely,

@ All
Feel free to use this as a template if you want to.

Memori
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM

No, I haven't gotten any code from Amazon, they said in the email that they'd give me an update if anything happened, however that seems to have not happened either.

Although I'm happy because I was given the pre-order bonuses after explaining my situation to trion calmly, and can only hope I get to prove to them that I did pre-order by receiving the code from amazon at some point in the future.

Mtrai
02-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Nope, nothing yet. Pre-ordered the physical UE box.

ACReaper
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM

nope still nothing they just keep saying they have no info and or are not doing a pre-order promo for defiance, once they even told me the code would be sent of release day lol , I said well some good a beta code would do me once defiance has been released,
i don't even think the CS member i talked to had any idea what a beta was lol.

Neverfear
02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I got my code two days ago from amazon, then they sent me an email saying they were still looking into it. it's pretty funny. It's all good though I got into this weekends beta so I am stoked to play the game and give it all I can before it comes out.

Digital
02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Would the people who pre-ordered the console version get a console code for the beta or is the code for pc only use?

Also letting people know that i pre-ordered on the 4th and have yet to recieve a code from amazon, it doesnt matter if i pre-ordered a pysical version does it?

ACReaper
02-07-2013, 03:11 PM
nope any pre-order should get a code emailed to them, i'm still waiting lol, as for the beta even i dont know if and when they will be running console betas .

Digital
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
K ty, its good to know theres still some people in the same boat (well its bad cause we want our codes lol).

Jebediah Morningside
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Thursday came and went, no code from UK Amazon. Email sent. Not expecting anything.

Digital
02-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Got a reply from amazon saying its a different department its assioated with, and that they will update me again in 5 buisness days.

Davisto
02-08-2013, 04:42 AM
my order is xbox 360 but still no code and i know the beta hasnt been anounced yet haven't got no reply either :(

Snow
02-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Hello Myll_Erik,

So waited till today but to my dissapointment i did not receive any pre order code from Amazon yet.

Rabidwomble
02-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Still no luck in getting a code from Amazon.co.uk. Their Customer Service is apparently now getting their ''buying team'' involved and they expect a response in 3-5 days. Not filled with confidence to be honest.

HAWKPIXIE
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Amazon uk just put price of ultimate edition up to 89.99 was 64.89

UnrealIncognito
02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
O.o
Feel quite lucky that I pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK weeks ago for £67 including P&P

HAWKPIXIE
02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeh same here glad i got in quick

Rabidwomble
02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Dont get your hopes up,

''If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.''

that's from the mispricing part of their pricing policy.

Silvanos
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I also pre-ordered the UE from Amazon UK on the 23rd Jan 2013 at a price of £62.98 (inc vat and 1st class postage). The purchase came with a 100% price freeze guarantee , i have the email stating so. My order still shows this price and the guarantee details.

Now since they seem to know nothing about the bonus codes and items. im asking if someone from Trion can look into this. I can provide the email receipt, and think i also read in this thread that someone else got Trion to kindly provide the codes.

Snow
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Amazon uk just put price of ultimate edition up to 89.99 was 64.89

Oo damn they upped the price quick payed 61 pounds in euros 71 euro.

Well they probably thought lets up the price now so we can cash in all the whining we got about it =P

Well it wasnt miss priced else they would have changed it much quicker and not after 3 weeks.

Then its their own stupid fault.

And btw we people who are now putting so much time and effort in to get our code i suppose the price we paid is the right one.

Snow
02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
"I also pre-ordered the UE from Amazon UK on the 23rd Jan 2013 at a price of £62.98 (inc vat and 1st class postage). The purchase came with a 100% price freeze guarantee , i have the email stating so. My order still shows this price and the guarantee details.

Now since they seem to know nothing about the bonus codes and items. im asking if someone from Trion can look into this. I can provide the email receipt, and think i also read in this thread that someone else got Trion to kindly provide the codes."

Myll_Erik is still on this but he didn respond for a day or two so still waiting on a response to my last reply in here =).

he is probably going nuts and is glad its weekend =P

Silvanos
02-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Any further progress or info ?

Snow
02-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Any further progress or info ?

Nope nothing yet still waiting aswell seems we gotta wait till after the weekend =(

FictionalNinja
02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
While I'm really looking forward to this game, the lack of accurate preorder information for those of us in Europe is getting very frustrating. Namco is totally failing Trion over here in that regard. I get there probably is a lot of money and effort involved in these decisions, but we still don't have confirmation on where we can buy the Ultimate Edition, nor what stores are even offering preorder bonuses. And, no one seems to have a clue about beta access.

rapid87
02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
I`m from Europe and preodered , i too have got an beta key from gamestar, but still havent receivend that "welcome to the beta" email ! They better hurry, this beta weekend is over in around 10h....

HAWKPIXIE
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
any news?

Myll_Erik
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Howdy folks -

Still looking in to the following issues - the weekend prevented some work due to people not being available.

UK UE Edition
Amazon Trion Codes for Beta

HAWKPIXIE
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Thank you..

Snow
02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Howdy folks -

Still looking in to the following issues - the weekend prevented some work due to people not being available.

UK UE Edition
Amazon Trion Codes for Beta

Thanks Myll_Erik!

FictionalNinja
02-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks. By most accounts, Amazon is the place to buy the UE over here. Hopefully that is the case because that's where I've placed my order, and before they raised the price to match what the UE should've been priced at. Still no mention of a preorder bonus or beta code though, but I'll be happy with confirmation that I have in fact ordered the UE like I hope I have.

Snow
02-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Is there a way to change the Title to Pre order/Beta Key from Amazon? didn think of it when i made the topic =( so people who have pre order problems from Amazon can post in here aswell.

Since thats what this topic is all about =P

Thanks!

DJTrig
02-12-2013, 07:32 AM
So are we ment to get the pre-order bonus?.I assumed it was just not being offered in EU because it was either US exclusive or Namco just weren't bothering.

Snow
02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
So are we ment to get the pre-order bonus?.I assumed it was just not being offered in EU because it was either US exclusive or Namco just weren't bothering.

Pre order bonuses are confirmed on Trion website so you get them in EU. only thing that is different is the pre order weapon since that is wbshop depending.

FictionalNinja
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Amazon just updated their Defiance pages with a preorder bonus. Looks like we should be hearing something from them in the next day or two. Also mentions a beta event for March 15 - 18.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0J1A11XNB2VAQBA0J59W&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881207&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO

HAWKPIXIE
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
thanks for info

Rabidwomble
02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
very interesting, i wonder if this is a result of a Myll_Erik ear bashing! hehe.

Now we have to see if they will honour the pre-price rise orders or not.

Snow
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
very interesting, i wonder if this is a result of a Myll_Erik ear bashing! hehe.

Now we have to see if they will honour the pre-price rise orders or not.

Well they should have never seen that i had to pay more then what i paid before a price raise on their side.

I pre ordered Starcraft 2 CE aswell for 60 euro and a week or so later it was 80-90.

I didn pay more then the 60 i had paid.

So if they would do that its misguided first sell a lot for cheap then say oeps sorry mispriced you gotta pay more.

If that would happen i would never ever buy from Amazon again in my life. Have regrets already that i had to pre order there for Holland.

Myll_Erik
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Howdy Folks!

Just wanted to give you a quick update - that info from Amazon UK isn't exactly accurate. Expect them to correct it soon!

Rabidwomble
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Howdy Folks!

Just wanted to give you a quick update - that info from Amazon UK isn't exactly accurate. Expect them to correct it soon!

cant go to bed now untill i know if this is good or bad news...

DJTrig
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
So something on that page is wrong ?.Not to get anybody to excited,but i just noticed that this coming friday is also a 15th "crosses fingers".

Or it could just be the mistake of putting 13 instead of 15 at the top.

Kalyastraxia
02-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Howdy Folks!

Which bit(s) are not accurate?

I preordered from amazon.co.uk 14/15 days ago and have no code (but already in beta thanks :) ).

So will codes be emailed 48 hours from now(ish), 48 hours before March 15th, March 15th date is wrong, and/or something else? Or has the info already been corrected and is now accurate?

Sorry, not really your problem, but accurate information from any/everyone would help the situation.

Thanks.

DJTrig
02-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Doesn't look like anything has changed and since it appears Lance had to work to get anything on there in the first place i don't see them rushing to correct anything.My guess would be they weren't ment to put any dates on the info since there hasn't been an announcement about the next beta yet.

Jebediah Morningside
02-14-2013, 03:26 AM
I again emailed UK Amazon on Friday last week. They told me they'd get back to me within three working days. We're in the middle of the fourth working day now ignoring last Friday, and they haven't replied. I even checked if there was a holiday in the UK, but Wikipedia says there wasn't.

Dear Trion, dear Myll_Erik, may I ask you instead to send me my Amazon Preorder key when I email you the invoice once the game has arrived? They must be getting the keys from you anyway, so just hold one back and send it to me ;)

Rabidwomble
02-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Howdy Folks!

ah, i see they have now removed the dates for the beta event and how you should receive a code within 48 hours if you make an order before a certain date.
They were supposed to get back to me this week but unsuprisingly its slipped their mind. I dont suppose you can confirm if they have been supplied with codes or not? It would come in handy to know this before having to deal with them again.

Letus
02-14-2013, 09:55 AM
OK so with all the buzz in here regarding beta access I thought maybe I'd better call Gamestop sooner rather than later.
It turns out that Gamestop Canada knows nothing about beta keys either, they DO NOT offer anything in the way of codes for beta keys for ANY form of preorder, regardless if it's UE, CE or standard format. Their advice was to contact Trion and get the access that should be from the retailer from Trion directly. This applies to all the items listed under the preorder now to get section of the Trion webpage,
Guaranteed BETA invite
OUTLANDER outfit
Weapon*
3 day XP boost
In-game title: IRON DEMON

Unfortunately I had to do this over the phone as their mail link was somewhat buggy.
Now I find myself not so impressed with Gamestop.

Kalyastraxia
02-15-2013, 06:40 AM
ah, i see they have now removed the dates for the beta event and how you should receive a code within 48 hours if you make an order before a certain date.
They were supposed to get back to me this week but unsuprisingly its slipped their mind. I dont suppose you can confirm if they have been supplied with codes or not? It would come in handy to know this before having to deal with them again.

Me too.

Still no preorder code from Amazon.co.uk.

Guess they need a bit more talking too by TRION, please. My email enquiry has already been sent.

Rabidwomble
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
hey folks,

Its been a while since any updates on the Amazon UK problem and I wondered if anyone else has made any progress?
Amazons current stance with me is they wont send out the code until Trion announces 'the Beta event'.
On the other hand Lance tells me I should have my code already. Forwarded my last email from Amazon to community@defiance.com as requested and just waiting for a response now with fingers crossed.
Definately will not ever preorder a game with Amazon again, been a right mess!

Myll_Erik
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
You still don't have any codes?

Does anyone from Amazon (UK or US) have their codes?

Scrablor
02-25-2013, 09:39 AM
[Removed Post Information]

DJTrig
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Nothing yet,i assumed they were waiting for you guys to announce the next beta first.

UnrealIncognito
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
No codes as of yet for the beta ot the other gubbins, still waiting

Rabidwomble
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
No codes, just a headache everytime time I have to deal with their customer service. They dont seem to have a clue what they are doing. :(

Rhyn
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Same problem here, I've heard nothing from Amazon UK :(

FictionalNinja
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Nothing here either.

PogoLeaf
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
i just spoke to amazon about the my betakey (rather lack of beta key) and when he person looked into it further all they said was

"On checking the details given in the website, I see that there is no information given about the time frame. In this case, I'll check with our internal team about the date and the exact details and let you know via email within 3 business days."

so the way i took it is that trions got to bring the pain for some progress

Price of Ambition
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Maaaan do I feel foolish. Didn't realize preordering got that bonus so I went back to check my mail and BOOM! There it is from the 17th! Woooo.

metalryan
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
hmmm makes me wonder where I want to pre-order from...

Lynx100
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
The Beta event date appears to not be confirmed yet. You will receive your code before this time, however, we have not received an exact date for when this will happen. Please monitor your email to see when your code arrives. pretty much what they emailed me xD

Rabidwomble
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Maaaan do I feel foolish. Didn't realize preordering got that bonus so I went back to check my mail and BOOM! There it is from the 17th! Woooo.

If you dont mind me asking, did you order from Amazon UK or Amazon US? and was it before/after the price change?

Price of Ambition
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
If you dont mind me asking, did you order from Amazon UK or Amazon US? and was it before/after the price change?

I purchased it on February 16th for $99 and I got the code for it the very next day. I am not sure of the price change date. And I got it from the US.

Myll_Erik
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Howdy folks - I'm following up on these issues now.

It is our understanding that Amazon should be giving out Trion codes rather quickly after you pre order.

mushinwolf
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I preordered my UE copy after the price went up :(..but, looking at the Amazon retailer specific bonuses it says that they will send Beta codes out once the Beta event has a set date.
This is on Xbox by the way. I have always had good service from Amazon in the past, and i have faith that between Trion and Amazon, we will all get our codes .

Edit-Argh! Ninja'd!...but thanks for all your work Myll_Erik,much appreciated!...i'll wait to see if anything comes in my email from Amazon.

Market
02-25-2013, 03:10 PM

It is our understanding that Amazon should be giving out Trion codes rather quickly after you pre order.

any way to find out for sure how the Trion accounts are going to interact with Microsoft accounts? I'm using 2 different emails for each, is that going to present an issue? I have a preorder code but haven't entered it yet because I want to know how it's going to link to my GT...

thank you!!

Kalyastraxia
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Howdy Folks!

Well they (Amazon.co.uk) updated their pre-oreder info page and it no longer mentions March 15th and/or codes being available 48 hours before then/after pre-ordering/whatever.

Still received no codes from them, despite UE ordered 2012/01/29.

As I am already signed up and in Alpha and Beta I am not too worried about getting the code for Beta entry, but I am worried about getting the pre-order goodies that need the same code (according to Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0J1A11XNB2VAQBA0J59W&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881207&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO)). However, I am trying to remember how other game's preorder codes were handled and I think they were either received by email on/just before release, so I am not that worried - more concerned about the poor handling/information.

I think it is the Beta code (and the uncertain date of the Beta event) that is causing the problem, not the pre-order code itself as I have had them from Amazon.co.uk (just) before game releases before with no problem as I think above.

Could it be that the some supplier's pre-orders are having to pay the full amount before the item is despatched/collected/available but Amazon.co.uk will not charge me before they despatch the (shiny big) box around April?

Although, if some supplier's can issue the codes with their pre-orders without full payments being necessary with no problems then I do not understand the problem.

Silvanos
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
I have also pre-ordered from Amazon UK and very quickly loosing faith in them to be honest.

ORDER PLACED
23 Jan 2013
Defiance: Ultimate Edition (PC CD)
TOTAL £62.81

After many support emails to them and many phone calls, still nothing.
Yes i know they are not only a gaming only company, but have many products, but they must have a game support department.

Fingers and toes crossed something can be done as i would not want to miss out on the pre-order bonuses.

Thankfully Lance is back on the hunt again, the Amazon Hunter :)

Snow
02-26-2013, 03:27 PM

Still no codes, am still waiting on them.

If Amazon wont give the codes is there a way to get them from Trion with a copy of the game barcode and the bill from amazon?

Kantazo
02-26-2013, 03:30 PM
I was planning to pre-order from amazon but forget that I better get my order with Trion

Ghaztha
02-28-2013, 04:34 AM
I've just recently pre-ordered from Amazon UK not heard anything about a Beta Code and also on there page for the UE I don't see anything about a beta key either so can i assume from this that i am exempt from any Beta key give away events?

mushinwolf
02-28-2013, 04:44 AM
I've just recently pre-ordered from Amazon UK not heard anything about a Beta Code and also on there page for the UE I don't see anything about a beta key either so can i assume from this that i am exempt from any Beta key give away events?

If you check out the bit about Amazon specific pre order bonuses, the BETA should be listed alongside these. Hope that helps.

Ghaztha
02-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Cheers i found it

Incentive Received:
Pre-order Defiance from Amazon.co.uk and receive the Definitive Pre-order Pack. This exclusive pack contains five separate bonuses to enhance and improve your gameplay, including:

• Exclusive in-game outfit: Outlander
• Exclusive in-game title: Iron Demon
• Exclusive in-game weapon: Intoxicator
• Three days XP Boost (activated as soon as you start playing Defiance)
• Beta code<<<

Hope it comes sooner rather than later! \o/

Kalyastraxia
02-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Hopefully we WILL be getting something soon as it seems the March 15th Beta date previously let slip (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=29749&viewfull=1#post29749) and quickly redacted might be true (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2744-Advanced-Mission-Beta-3-incoming....)....

QuietRiotUSMC
02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Where do we enter the Amazon code anyways?

QuietRiotUSMC
02-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Never mind i found it lol (Answered my own question) It is Under the Trion Account page.

RoganTheGypo
03-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Bump

Any news on this or are we all waiting until beta is announced and see how they react?

Kalyastraxia
03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Bump

Any news on this or are we all waiting until beta is announced and see how they react?

As I said, I am already in Beta so not worried about Beta Access for myself - but I am worried on behalf of others who might be relying on the pre-order Beta access offer for entry.

I am hoping that someone does come back with more information before it is too late for those who are waiting (no "official" Beta date yet, despite several places mentioning a certain/same date "by accident"), but so far what some people think is/should be happening is not necessarily the reality.

Fingers crossed that the other pre-order offer goodies do not also suffer the same (potential) problem.

RoganTheGypo
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
As I said, I am already in Beta so not worried about Beta Access for myself - but I am worried on behalf of others who might be relying on the pre-order Beta access offer for entry.

I am hoping that someone does come back with more information before it is too late for those who are waiting (no "official" Beta date yet, despite several places mentioning a certain/same date "by accident"), but so far what some people think is/should be happening is not necessarily the reality.

Fingers crossed that the other pre-order offer goodies do not also suffer the same (potential) problem.

Cool, I've been a long standing customer with amazon and they've always delivered whats they said they would so I'm not seeing it as a massive problem obviously releasing beta codes to early is a bad thing too so I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. Especially since amazon is advertised on the defiance site as an official re seller.

Snow
03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
obviously releasing beta codes to early is a bad thing too so

A beta key for a Closed beta should not be a problem since you only can get access when the developer wants you to.

its just too bad this is still something that is in the dark the whole Beta key pre order bonus stuff

Halcyon
03-02-2013, 05:02 PM
The beta event information is shown on best buy's site. So, it will be a while before you get your invite. Special beta event occurring on March 15–17.

RoganTheGypo
03-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Thank you for ordering Defiance (Xbox 360) from Amazon.co.uk.

I can confirm that you are eligible for participation in this promotion. Currently, we don't have any information when the code will be sent.

However, once the codes are being sent our website will be updated accordingly.

From Amazon, I take it they are waiting for the go ahead from Trion.

Kalyastraxia
03-02-2013, 06:27 PM
From Amazon, I take it they are waiting for the go ahead from Trion.

Hmmm.

TRION seem to think Amazon "should be giving out Trion codes rather quickly after you pre order (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=38279&viewfull=1#post38279)".

An example of cross communication and/or left hand not knowing what the right is doing?

Ambic
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I just pre-ordered Defiance Deluxe Edition (PC) from Amazon and I got my keys almost immediately.

Oh and I will add that I didn't get a "beta" key, but I got 2 keys. One was for the deluxe edition and one was called a "pre-order" key. That should be the key that the developers have been referring to as the "beta" key or the key let it be know that you pre-ordered.

Snow
03-04-2013, 01:54 AM
I just pre-ordered Defiance Deluxe Edition (PC) from Amazon and I got my keys almost immediately.

Oh and I will add that I didn't get a "beta" key, but I got 2 keys. One was for the deluxe edition and one was called a "pre-order" key. That should be the key that the developers have been referring to as the "beta" key or the key let it be know that you pre-ordered.

Was this amazon.co.uk or was this amazon.com? if it was Uk i am gonna mail them and rage a little since i still dont have my keys.

Rabidwomble
03-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Another week and still nothing :(
Hopefully Myll_Erik‎ will have an update.

Kalyastraxia
03-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Was this amazon.co.uk or was this amazon.com? if it was Uk i am gonna mail them and rage a little since i still dont have my keys.

I am guessing that was Amazon.com as I received an email today from Amazon.co.uk similar to that posted by Rogan earlier. It says "I can confirm that your order is qualified to receive the Beta code, but as of the moment, we are still waiting for the release of the codes."

Seems Amazon.co.uk has different instructions/permissions than Amazon.com.

Now, with what Ambic wrote about getting two codes from the Amazon company he used, I am starting to get a bit worried that I might not get the pre-order items not just a Beta code, too.

PM sent, but can we get an answer soon...

Myll_Erik
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Howdy Folks!

Amazon (in particular Amazon UK) is in communication with us and our partners. We hope to have everything sorted out soon.

mushinwolf
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Great to hear, thanks!

Evershadow
03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
amazon.co.uk have put up info about when there sending codes out here:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0B96BZMQH2XK0XBWPYDX&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881227&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD17I

OcelotKharn
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
amazon.co.uk have put up info about when there sending codes out here:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0B96BZMQH2XK0XBWPYDX&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881227&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD17I

Roll on 14th then I cant wait to play now

Kalyastraxia
03-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Howdy Folks!

Amazon (in particular Amazon UK) is in communication with us and our partners. We hope to have everything sorted out soon.

Thanks. The sorting out seems to have put things back to how they were;

That, or very similar information, was posted by Amazon.co.uk earlier (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=29749&viewfull=1#post29749), but withdrawn after it was said "that info from Amazon UK isn't exactly accurate (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1715-Beta-key-from-Amazon&p=29814&viewfull=1#post29814)".

elquietone
03-05-2013, 08:06 AM
OK so with all the buzz in here regarding beta access I thought maybe I'd better call Gamestop sooner rather than later.
It turns out that Gamestop Canada knows nothing about beta keys either, they DO NOT offer anything in the way of codes for beta keys for ANY form of preorder, regardless if it's UE, CE or standard format. Their advice was to contact Trion and get the access that should be from the retailer from Trion directly. This applies to all the items listed under the preorder now to get section of the Trion webpage,
Guaranteed BETA invite
OUTLANDER outfit
Weapon*
3 day XP boost
In-game title: IRON DEMON

Unfortunately I had to do this over the phone as their mail link was somewhat buggy.
Now I find myself not so impressed with Gamestop.

I called them last night to ask about it and they still said we are not giving out beta keys, only the exclusive weapon. I went over to Amazon.ca this morning and they now have it listed if you pre-order you get a beta invite(no mention of the other stuff but I assume the beta code grants access to all the other stuff).. So I pre-ordered, now just waiting for the email with my beta code. I'll give it a few days and then call in if I don't get anything.

Shewrog
03-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Any update on this?

If there is a possibility of me not getting my codes from the U.E., particularly for the in-game stuff, Ill cancel my pre order with AmazonUK and go elsewhere. Probably STEAM, but I'd rather install from a disc.

Shewrog
03-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Anyone have an update on this?

Thee Apothecary
03-10-2013, 10:00 AM
amazon uk are terrible..... i told the customer service worker id be back with more quotes after reading the whole of this time for round two i wont stop till the acturly give the codes they have them and we are entitled to them i atleast want them to say that the codes are there and ready as some have been able to access the codes

Desidus
03-10-2013, 10:04 AM
amazon uk are terrible..... i told the customer service worker id be back with more quotes after reading the whole of this time for round two i wont stop till the acturly give the codes they have them and we are entitled to them i atleast want them to say that the codes are there and ready as some have been able to access the codes

More problem with codes... almost makes me glad that I haven't preordered... yet. Still debating but stories like these make me take a step back.

Course when the console beta does finally get announced... I may cave. lol.

DJTrig
03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Well i sent Lance a PM on friday to see if they could do anything about the 1 code per customer BS,but he was doing the live stream at the time so we may get some new info through the week.Don't get why they don't just get the codes out now instead of last minute.Maybe there worried about people doing an order/cancel since there the only ones giving beta access.

Thee Apothecary
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Well i sent Lance a PM on friday to see if they could do anything about the 1 code per customer BS,but he was doing the live stream at the time so we may get some new info through the week.Don't get why they don't just get the codes out now instead of last minute.Maybe there worried about people doing an order/cancel since there the only ones giving beta access.

why would they there tax dodgers they dont need the damn money

DJTrig
03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
I thought they did need the money,i was guessing thats why there not giving codes to every game ordered (so they can sell the rest of the codes).

Thee Apothecary
03-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I thought they did need the money,i was guessing thats why there not giving codes to every game ordered (so they can sell the rest of the codes).

o i think i made my 2nd customer service person cry as i was throwing evidence that they where making false advertising claiming there was an offical beta event

Snow
03-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Well still no news from Myll_Erik except the we are in communication with them.

Hopefully we get word from him soon, since Amazon still is denying us our beta codes :(

Thee Apothecary
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Well still no news from Myll_Erik except the we are in communication with them.

Hopefully we get word from him soon, since Amazon still is denying us our beta codes :(

so today i had two contradicting customer service people, the secound said id have it before the offical beta event (15-18th or something) i responded it hasnt even been confirmed and that makes it false advertising it shut him up for 10mins

Kroesis
03-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd better get my code... I switched my pre-order from shopto.net to amazon UK because they stated beta whereas shopto didn't. Hope I don't regret it!

pricey007
03-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Guys I'm confident that we'll get the beta key on the 14th or 15th. Amazon.co.uk have been advertising those dates for the past week. I've spoken to customer services a few times and it looks like they don't have a clue about pre order stuff in general - The left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing. Don't worry! :-)

Kroesis
03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
well I must admit, they've never been stingy with pre-order codes with me in the past, they can cut it fine but still send them out. But what would the customer service department do without impatient gamers?

EnchaJini
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
i mailed Trion about Beta Codes. and they told me they sent the codes to Amazon.

yet if Amazon is saying they don't have them nor is advertising them..

Trion said: if you don't receive a code when the next Beta is Announced to Actually contact Trion.

but I've recently noticed that the Products on Amazon's Site now no longer say Guaranteed Beta Access. like it used to.

and the pre order part of the Games Website also has changed. Amazon is no longer apart of the official retailers...

so does this mean my Ultimate Edition is going to be Void. and i'm just going to get a standard edition at the same price. as i ordered?

or that i have to cancel my order and go somewhere else?

BleakPanther
03-10-2013, 02:47 PM
i mailed Trion about Beta Codes. and they told me they sent the codes to Amazon.

yet if Amazon is saying they don't have them nor is advertising them..

Trion said: if you don't receive a code when the next Beta is Announced to Actually contact Trion.

but I've recently noticed that the Products on Amazon's Site now no longer say Guaranteed Beta Access. like it used to.

and the pre order part of the Games Website also has changed. Amazon is no longer apart of the official retailers...

so does this mean my Ultimate Edition is going to be Void. and i'm just going to get a standard edition at the same price. as i ordered?

or that i have to cancel my order and go somewhere else?

http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/xbox-360/

When I visit that site Amazon is listed as an official retailer of both standard and collectors editions. Ultimate Edition is listed as exclusive to GameStop, which is the only reason I didn't order it. Was/Is Amazon offering the U.E.?

EDIT: Nevermind. Reading is fundamental. That would be an Amazon problem and I'd get my money refunded if I gave them $150 for a product they aren't even listed as carrying.

EDIT2: As I think back I do remember that when I started considering my preorder that Amazon was where I was leaning towards for the sniper rifle but when I checked Trion's site they weren't listed. Thought I was crazy/mistaken but apparently not if they are/were at one point selling it.

Exes
03-10-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/xbox-360/

When I visit that site Amazon is listed as an official retailer of both standard and collectors editions. Ultimate Edition is listed as exclusive to GameStop, which is the only reason I didn't order it. Was/Is Amazon offering the U.E.?

Ultimate Edition is available at amazon, in germany amazon is even the exclusive ultimate edition seller.

BleakPanther
03-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Ultimate Edition is available at amazon, in germany amazon is even the exclusive ultimate edition seller.
Its not listed on Amazon here in the US or on Trion's english preorder page so I had no way of knowing that. I should have been more clear.

Exes
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Its not listed on Amazon here in the US or on Trion's english preorder page so I had no way of knowing that. I should have been more clear.

They still sell the ultimate edition. If you really think Amazon would scam you and now send you the UE then well, Amazon is like THE credible online store.

They have the UE, they even have their own retail weapon.

Kroesis
03-10-2013, 03:02 PM
if Amazon is saying they don't have them nor is advertising them..

Is this about Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk? because this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=17W2EF3Q8QQV20HR3T10&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881247&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD13C) is linked from the product page on Amazon.co.uk

BleakPanther
03-10-2013, 03:03 PM
They still sell the ultimate edition. If you really think Amazon would scam you and now send you the UE then well, Amazon is like THE credible online store.

They have the UE, they even have their own retail weapon.

Any chance you could link that for me? I'm searching and just not finding it. I would prefer to pre-order from them.

EDIT: I'm talking .com not .co.uk

Exes
03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Any chance you could link that for me? I'm searching and just not finding it. I would prefer to pre-order from them.

EDIT: I'm talking .com not .co.uk

Suppose you are talking about the american page then? You should really clarify stuff like that. I believe GameStop indeed has the exclusive rights for it in north america.

The uk/de and probably all eu amazon pages sell ultimate verisons.

Edit: There goes your edit.

BleakPanther
03-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Suppose you are talking about the american page then? You should really clarify stuff like that. I believe GameStop indeed has the exclusive rights for it in north america.

The uk/de and probably all eu amazon pages sell ultimate verisons.

Edit: There goes your edit.

Sorry, I thought that by saying "US" and linking the "/en" page that shows clearly what I was talking about would be sufficient.

WinterMute
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I have my pre order with amazon uk as well but still no code has been sent to me. Just called amazon and have been told a request has been put in to send me my pre order code and I should have it in a maximum of 24 hours !
I'll let you know if I get it.

I don't think the is just amazon uk having this problem though. I did pre order defiance with GAME and didn't get anything from them either

Ok think I've found out what the problem is. From what I understand the code for the beta and the pre order bonus pack is the same code. Amazon won't send them out because pre order codes won't be sent untill the game ships

jonpaul
03-12-2013, 08:07 AM
I have a pre-order with Amazon.co.uk and when i contacted them they had this to say:

Hello,

Further to our recent chat conversation, I am updating you through an e-mail.

I am sorry to hear that you have not received the pre-order code for Defiance: Ultimate Edition.

Beta codes will only be valid for pre-orders placed before the Beta event (date TBC). Any pre-orders made after the Beta event will receive codes for the Definitive Pre-order Pack, but won't be able to access the Beta.

So the pre-order codes will be sent to you before the Beta 3 event has started.

For more information, please visit the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0DGWT32YPQ77VWGFAQJV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881227&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD17I

Customer Service can be reached by phone and chat 7 days a week 06.00 to midnight, local UK time.

If you need to call us, we can be reached on Freephone (within the UK) 0800 496 1081. International customers can reach us on +44 207 084 7911.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=AZHZMSL7VCQV1&k=hy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=AZHZMSL7VCQV1&k=hn

Warmest regards,

Sathiajith K
Amazon.co.uk

Kalyastraxia
03-12-2013, 08:15 AM
I have a pre-order with Amazon.co.uk and when i contacted them they had this to say:

Hello,

Further to our recent chat conversation, I am updating you through an e-mail.

I am sorry to hear that you have not received the pre-order code for Defiance: Ultimate Edition.

Beta codes will only be valid for pre-orders placed before the Beta event (date TBC). Any pre-orders made after the Beta event will receive codes for the Definitive Pre-order Pack, but won't be able to access the Beta.

So the pre-order codes will be sent to you before the Beta 3 event has started.

For more information, please visit the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0DGWT32YPQ77VWGFAQJV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881227&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD17I

Customer Service can be reached by phone and chat 7 days a week 06.00 to midnight, local UK time.

If you need to call us, we can be reached on Freephone (within the UK) 0800 496 1081. International customers can reach us on +44 207 084 7911.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=AZHZMSL7VCQV1&k=hy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=AZHZMSL7VCQV1&k=hn

Warmest regards,

Sathiajith K
Amazon.co.uk

Exactly what I received (except names/dates of course and the CS rep) .

The problem, I think, is as the person above you says, "From what I understand the code for the beta and the pre order bonus pack is the same code. Amazon won't send them out because pre order codes won't be sent untill the game ships".

As the Beta looks like if might be next week (March 20 onward or so, dependent on platform - see other thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3530-virginmedia-uk-doing-beta-codes)) I do not expect a code until nearer then now, and keep my fingers crossed between times, but I do expect a Beta code before the Beta (even if I am already in it)...

WinterMute
03-12-2013, 11:33 AM
When I contacted them yesterday I told them to have alook at this forum to see how many people haven't revived codes and how unhappy their customers are. I got this back this morning

Further to our phone call about the codes for the Defiance Beta event.

I have been in touch with our Promotions Team who have confirmed that the necessary codes will be e-mailed to you on or before the official Beta event on March 15th.

I have also reviewed the forums on http://forums.defiance.com and found that the confusion seems to be that other Amazon.co.uk employees have advised that codes will be sent out when the game is releases. This is because with most pre-order incentives, the codes are emailed out to play with the game, however please rest assured that for this game codes will be emailed out before the official Beta event on March 15th.

Thee Apothecary
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
When I contacted them yesterday I told them to have alook at this forum to see how many people haven't revived codes and how unhappy their customers are. I got this back this morning

I have been in touch with our Promotions Team who have confirmed that the necessary codes will be e-mailed to you on or before the official Beta event on March 15th.

I have also reviewed the forums on http://forums.defiance.com and found that the confusion seems to be that other Amazon.co.uk employees have advised that codes will be sent out when the game is releases. This is because with most pre-order incentives, the codes are emailed out to play with the game, however please rest assured that for this game codes will be emailed out before the official Beta event on March 15th.

dont fall for the offical beta event rubbish man

Kalyastraxia
03-13-2013, 03:33 AM

What this probably means now is that the code will not be sent from Amazon.co.uk until next week as the official word from TRION (by email this morning) is that the official Advanced Mission Beta 3 is March 22nd, not the March 15th date that TRION gave Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.co.uk are quoting to us (or any of the other many dates that various retailers/sites are thinking is the "official" one as late as yesterday)...

Shane Moffatt
03-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Am i the only one who has not gotten their beta code today?

I have sent numerous emails and even phoned them but they keep thinking that either i get the code today (which i have not) or that i don't get it until the game comes out.

Well... I am royally pissed, why do i not get the code? Apparently someone told me that they got it 1:30 this morning, whether true or not i don't know.

I mean c'mon amazon i bought two copies of the ultimate edition HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO SEND A CODE!?

Is this just me or is everyone getting theirs?

OcelotKharn
03-15-2013, 09:54 AM

I have sent numerous emails and even phoned them but they keep thinking that either i get the code today (which i have not) or that i don't get it until the game comes out.

Well... I am royally pissed, why do i not get the code? Apparently someone told me that they got it 1:30 this morning, whether true or not i don't know.

I mean c'mon amazon i bought two copies of the ultimate edition HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO SEND A CODE!?

Nobody has the beta codes from amazon

Shane Moffatt
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Nobody has the beta codes from amazon

I bet you anything that Amazon had the wrong date for the beta code and never bothered to change it or email us.

Thee Apothecary
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM

im trying to force my code out of customer service right now

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM
If you don't get your beta codes within a couple days of the beta send Sledgehammer70 a PM mentioning it and I am sure he will figure something out if he hasn't already...

OcelotKharn
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
im trying to force my code out of customer service right now

Wouldnt bother they already told me I wont get my code until they confirm the dates from the betas now which has already been done.... customer service at amazon these days seems to be a bit fail.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Wouldnt bother they already told me I wont get my code until they confirm the dates from the betas now which has already been done.... customer service at amazon these days seems to be a bit fail.

these days? was it ever not that way?

OcelotKharn
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Believe it or not this is the first time Ive had issues with Amazon, other than this I cant complain. I even get my preorders from them 2-3 days early.

Shane Moffatt
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM

All they said is they will work it out and call by tomorrow with the outcome.

Translated: They will carry on their job telling people rubbish then phone tomorrow and say the same thing as today.

It saddens me more because the beta is limited to 3 days or something they said, so i am losing time i have been waiting for for so long!
I might try talking to sledgehammer later on but ugh, is it worth it losing so much time?

Sledgehammer70
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey peeps,

Was wondering the people that pre ordered from Amazon did you guys get the beta key straight away? or did it take a few days before you receive it?

I Pre ordered today but havent gotten a beta key yet so was wondering how long something like that would take =).

Greetz!

Amazon to date has started to send out the Trion keys to NA customers. EU Amazon is working on sorting out some kinks. But you will get an e-mail with your code before the Beta launch.

Paulcholio
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Really, do not depend on getting the codes on time for the beta from the distributors that give you an option to cancel your order before the April 2nd date.

Here is the problem: Because Trion created the codes so it is 1 code for both for the Beta and the pre-order bonus weapon instead of making a separate code for each, some of the distributors are playing dumb, because if they gave the code out for the Beta, you could then cancel the pre-order and have their bonus weapon for free.

Best thing to do is watch the Defiance Live Feeds on Twich and get the codes from the accompanying live chat, or get a Beta code through another source, such as the Alienware promo. That way you will be on the beta on time.

Quick rundown on the current distributors and the experiences my friends and I have had:

• Walmart purposely left out the beta promo information from their game description and are stating that they absolutely have no idea bout any beta code, so Walmart purchasers, your out of luck. You will only get your code on or after April 2nd.

• Steam appears to be releasing their code day of or day before the Beta, making it impossible for you to cancel your order with them to reduce hit and run ordering from them.

• Amazon gave me my code 2 days after my payment info went through, but that was 3 weeks ago. I think they may have had alot of cancellations after they gave out the beta codes in the beginning, so that's why they slowed their roll.

• Best Buy gave my friend 2 codes on accident about 3 days after his payment went through.

• Origin gives you both the Beta/Weapon code AND they actual game codes 2 days after the payment goes through, so there is no refund, as you are given the actual game code already.

• Trion adds the codes automatically the day of the beta and the day of the game launch to your account for you, so you never see a code from them.

• GameStop has released some of their codes, but like Amazon, have slowed down on giving them out, as they do not bill you till the game ships on April 2nd. Another friend of mine did a dance with them on the phone for over an hour before they gave up the code to him. They will probably release the remainder of their beta codes right before the beta date.

Please note, my friends and I are all PC users. I do not know about the availability of the console Beta codes.

Hope that helps people.

OcelotKharn
03-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Just off live chat with amazon Ive been assured My code will Arrive as soon as they get the dates right which they should of done by now

SETit_allABLAZE
03-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Trion stated that amazon hasnt sent out a batch of them yet.. and they would a day or 2 before beta launches..

CorathSS
03-18-2013, 05:47 AM
I pre ordered off amazon <digital edition> so I'm still confused on this..

At least for digitial, they gave us two codes. A Pre-order code, and an actual activation code. I sort of assume by putting in both, I would get in the beta, which I still suspect some how, amazon screwed up on. Thus I PMed sledge, because I've yet to receive any email from Trionworlds indicating my product was activated, I was in the beta, or any thing else, but that aside..

Are people not receiving beta codes from Amazon pre ordering a physical copy, or digital editions?

FictionalNinja
03-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Updated info from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1HHTV9DJAR8NQH46DC9R&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=391631487&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO

March 19, 22, or 25 for PS3, PC, or Xbox beta codes.

OcelotKharn
03-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Updated info from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1HHTV9DJAR8NQH46DC9R&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=391631487&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO

I literally just looked, must of just updated a few secs after. Good find :)

DKShadow
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM

I wasn't aware of the time limit to receive the beta invite from them, good thing I preordered when I did (1.5 hours before deadline) :P

Snow
03-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I pre ordered off amazon <digital edition> so I'm still confused on this..

At least for digitial, they gave us two codes. A Pre-order code, and an actual activation code. I sort of assume by putting in both, I would get in the beta, which I still suspect some how, amazon screwed up on. Thus I PMed sledge, because I've yet to receive any email from Trionworlds indicating my product was activated, I was in the beta, or any thing else, but that aside..

Are people not receiving beta codes from Amazon pre ordering a physical copy, or digital editions?

This is about the Physical editions of the CE and UE from Amazon.co.uk, dont know if people have problems with the digital versions.

DJTrig
03-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Oh dear,wonder how many are going to go mental when the beta doesn't start on ps3 come the 19th.

darky89
03-18-2013, 07:56 AM

Thanks for that.

jonpaul
03-21-2013, 04:22 AM
I got an email from Trion yesterday saying i was invited to beta test 3 and got an email from amazon this morning with my pre-order code so they are sending them out now, but i have no worries.

Pasha
03-21-2013, 04:26 AM
I got an email from Trion yesterday saying i was invited to beta test 3 and got an email from amazon this morning with my pre-order code so they are sending them out now, but i have no worries.

For what platform did you get the key today? PS3 Beta started almost 2 days ago, I still didn't get my PC key from Steam despite beta will start in ~24 hours - so I'm a bit worried.

jonpaul
03-21-2013, 05:38 AM
For what platform did you get the key today? PS3 Beta started almost 2 days ago, I still didn't get my PC key from Steam despite beta will start in ~24 hours - so I'm a bit worried.
PC it's the ultimate edition.
If you still dont have a code you should contact them.

Kalyastraxia
03-21-2013, 05:49 AM

Amazon.co.uk are only now sennding out the PC pre-order code for the PC part of the beta toady - so check your email/Steam today.

@jonpaul The code you got today was the pre-order code - giving the same all other PC pre-orderer's. It has nothing to do with Ultimate Edition as that code will be in the box. (At leaset in all other pre-order/box code type events I have participated in).

WinterMute
03-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Just a warning to anyone pre ordering from amazon.

I have ordered 2 copy's of defiance on xbox from them. 1 for my self1 for my girlfriend) but because they are both in the same order they will only send me 1 pre order code. I have phoned them spoken with two customer support workers and the supervisor and they are flatly refusing to help me and send me the second code for my order.

If you are the same as me and have 2 on order make sure it's 2 separate orders to get both your codes

Travie
03-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Just a warning to anyone pre ordering from amazon.

I have ordered 2 copy's of defiance on xbox from them. 1 for my self1 for my girlfriend) but because they are both in the same order they will only send me 1 pre order code. I have phoned them spoken with two customer support workers and the supervisor and they are flatly refusing to help me and send me the second code for my order.

If you are the same as me and have 2 on order make sure it's 2 separate orders to get both your codes

Wow, good to know O.o

Snow
03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Okey so Amazon.co.uk send out all Beta/Preorder codes out today.

But and yes there is always a but.... I know its been confirmed on the forums by Sledgehammer i believe but just to get it clear.

The Dodge challenger is included in the Pre order pack from Amazon? am asking this because i got the mail stating there are only 4 pre order bonuses 5 with the beta key ....

Just want to clear the air........... again =)

"Please note the Beta Event on PC is from 3pm GMT, March 22 to 4am GMT, March 25. You will only be able to access the Beta event during this time. The four additional parts of the pre-order incentive will be available on release of the Defiance game. You will only need to enter your code once."

Kalyastraxia
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Okey so Amazon.co.uk send out all Beta/Preorder codes out today.

But and yes there is always a but.... I know its been confirmed on the forums by Sledgehammer i believe but just to get it clear.

The Dodge challenger is included in the Pre order pack from Amazon? am asking this because i got the mail stating there are only 4 pre order bonuses 5 with the beta key ....

Just want to clear the air........... again =)

"Please note the Beta Event on PC is from 3pm GMT, March 22 to 4am GMT, March 25. You will only be able to access the Beta event during this time. The four additional parts of the pre-order incentive will be available on release of the Defiance game. You will only need to enter your code once."

It is TRION who decide what is given on the pre-order code and they have stated that ALL pre-orders will receive the Dodge Challenger.

Amazon.co.uk seem to have become a little confused and delayed in updating their information (not helped with the pre-order Beta access rather than just a pre-order bonus, changing Beta dates and multiple formats with varied Beta dates too).

If you have succesfully entered your pre-order code and you do not get a Dodge Challenger when the game is LIVE then contact TRION customer services....

Snow
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Okey thanks for clearing it up again =P wanted to be on the safe side on it.

Anyway all have fun and see you on 2 april!

KKillroyV2
03-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I managed to get both Beta codes emailed to me after a ton of phone calls but I will think twice after having to deal with sequick and edwin from their customer rep department