PDA

View Full Version : Just reinstalled. Questions

Veld
08-12-2014, 10:33 PM
So i played this game til late last year. Not really played this year and i was wondering what's been going on? Skimmed the dev tracker for 5 pages or so and see nothing really positive in what's being responded to. As someone with a 2.4k or so ego character and the season pass, what's changed and where should i be starting?

Thanks.

Smeejo
08-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Good place to start is http://www.defiancedata.com/returning.php Etaew still has some things he wants to update I believe but that will give you the general idea of what you need to know. Other then that, there have been lots of nerfs and changes as far as equipment goes... most veteran players view the changes as negative while newer players like myself actually like the changes.

The run down on the changes that everyones up in arms about now can be viewed here http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=310 a long with the reason behind the changes and what the devs want to accomplish by doing this.

Pvp has had some changes depending on when you left. Cloak came in big time for quite awhile in pvp and a recent change has pushed it back out. It's kind of 50/50 from what I hear (I'm not a pvper) as to if the pvp changes are good or not.

Any other questions you have feel free to ask or check out Defiance data @ http://www.defiancedata.com/ If you are on PC-NA you can shoot me a message in game and I can try to help you out. My info is in my sig below.

Veld
08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I am checking it now and getting my head around everything in the claim screen again. I left just before Chalkies got added so i guess i have a lot to catch up on assuming i continue playing. From all the reading i am doing on the forums, nothing has changed from when i left and may have even gotten worse. Whatever happened to the CM who's name started with D who's name eludes me and who did the livestreams with the annoying guy?

Tsort
08-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Dahanese left. Replaced mainly by Kiwibird and Scapes. Trick (lead dev) sometimes posts here, but it's usually not a good idea.

As usual Trion finally fixes stuff months later (see 2.02 patch notes), but breaks other and screw with the game some more each time (rewards, scaling, prices, drops, rolls, WM fight, you name it...). One step forward, three steps back. Business as usual.

Smeejo
08-13-2014, 02:03 AM
*shrugs* I'm new here, only CM I know that streams is kiwi... I think lol. Things have gotten worse from what I have read and from talking to other players that have been around awhile but it sounds like they are going to get better.

Dinova
08-13-2014, 02:14 AM
I think the major stuff came from patch 1.5, where things started to scale and damage was now also based on EGO (unlike it was last year).

This made me enjoy the game tons more, feels more like a Borderlands style, but with a extra flavor that if the treath goes up, so does you damage.

Veld
08-13-2014, 03:58 AM
Well i am trying to work through new missions and replaying the story (which i had apparently restarted before i quit) and everything is bugged or siege ridden which means i can't actually complete objectives at where the siege is because it's overlapping story stuff that would normally be there. Not a very good impression so far. Oh and Dahanese was whom i was thinking of. The fact she left (when back when i played she did seem to care) is a fairly solid indicator of where the game's at.

Tsort
08-13-2014, 04:33 AM
Kiwi and Scapes seem to care though, to be fair. They tried to get a new dynamic going in there with community feedback, but since Trion keeps on messing with the game behind their back, with little regard for what players actually ask for, they became nothing but another PR shield. Tough job.

Veld
08-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Yeah please feel free to disregard what i have asked about. Having spent my afternoon trying to play and have a go at the current iteration of the game. It's...to be polite...no longer of interest to me. I've uninstalled and am moving on (and wont be back). Thanks for taking the time to reply though, nice to see there are helpful people here still toughing it out.

Ironhide
08-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Yeah please feel free to disregard what i have asked about. Having spent my afternoon trying to play and have a go at the current iteration of the game. It's...to be polite...no longer of interest to me. I've uninstalled and am moving on (and wont be back). Thanks for taking the time to reply though, nice to see there are helpful people here still toughing it out.

Sorry to see ya go, but you did the right thing, may I usher you towards a little game called Destiny instead?

Veld
08-13-2014, 05:45 AM
I feel like i gave it a fair go, 4-6 hours at least this arvo. Still plenty of bugs, not fun (which was the main reason i left) and felt completely unrewarding for the amount of time i played and what i was doing. So i'll just move on. At least i got to take my black dodge for a spin again.