PDA

View Full Version : just a thing or two. tell me how YOU feel.

CRIXDA
08-13-2014, 01:29 PM
So,
I am watching things that I have dearly loved fall apart.
Defiance is heading for It's inevitable Dirt-nap faster than expected, "The Company" is at the wheel and has the proverbial "Titanium-Foot" spot welded to the floor so there is no mistake this time. The "crazed" look in the driver's eye only goes to show that last year's "Season Farce DLC Sham" just didn't jackhammer home the final coffin-nail like they wanted so now we are all "loaded up and truckin'" down the turnpike to Finishville and not sparing the horses.
I mean, I have seen some wild driving but this rediculous hell-ride to All-Done, U.S.A. is the best one yet compared to some of those epic Nascar Barrel-Rolls.
Hell, hand me more brewskis - I can't have any higher of a blood-alcohol content then the folks who find the game fix content acceptable around here or the "sweet action" that we have been promised for well over a year to be handed a ten-minute excursion that is nothing like the amazing journey that we should have gotten.
Sure, all we need to "fix" anything around here is a bigger wrench or hammer and if you keep hitting something it will stick to the spot that you want it to, right? How hard is that?
Patch the Patch of the Patch and undo the thing that you undid to fix the fix.
Or just rollback the patch to the fix....or, well "you know."
Hey, make sure noone on the forum says anything about this either, okay?
There isn't a way that they can know about this or have an opinion, either.
This is killing even MY optimistic attitude about Defiance.
I am getting to where I don't even WANT to bother with it anymore because of the stupidity.
Since when did I become the A-hole for wanting things to be better?

Smiit
08-13-2014, 01:43 PM
They are just trying to drive away the current playerbase away so that the free to play people come in and ignorantly spend all their money on the game. It doesnt matter how long we have been with game or how loyal and supportive we are they just wanna make the cash.

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 01:44 PM

There's a common answer invoking hand thrown exploding devices. There's only that much short sighted decisions you can take before getting disillusioned.

Carnak
08-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Defiance is heading for It's inevitable Dirt-nap faster than expected, "The Company" is at the wheel and has the proverbial "Titanium-Foot" spot welded to the floor so there is no mistake this time.

You have this backwards. Defiance was a major flop. It's been floundering in the dirt since day one.

These (and other) changes are aimed at getting the game onto its feet.

KasperSheitup
08-13-2014, 01:48 PM
In game I've resorted to just walk aimlessly about. Jumping/Driving of random cliffs into the sea.
It's depressing.

bigguy
08-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Who called you an A-Hole?
There are plenty of us who have been around since the beginning who loved a game that had so much potential and stuck around through thick and thin trying and hoping to see it grow only to watch it slowly fall apart.

Covington
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Who called you an A-Hole?
There are plenty of us who have been around since the beginning who loved a game that had so much potential and stuck around through thick and thin trying and hoping to see it grow only to watch it slowly fall apart.

And we are still here in hope, if anything, it's all we have left. When Crixda is upset though... make me sadder. We all need hope again and they need to give us that.

Griffix8
08-13-2014, 01:52 PM
And we are still here in hope, if anything, it's all we have left. When Crixda is upset though... make me sadder. We all need hope again and they need to give us that.
You know things are bad when Crix and the other positive people start getting upset....

DEATHBRINGER210
08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
game over man game over

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Yes our considerable investments over the last year were not enough. I've spent for the $60 game + $50 DLC's (I bought one at a time originally fooling myself that I didn't want them ALL) + $150 or so in bits, maybe more like $250 total in bits. Most players I know spent about this much OR MORE - we like to buy boosts for our clan, ya know?

I have to admit I do feel fooled/duped or something. Now you want MORE MONEY? I can't do it, even if I had the money there comes a point where I feel a thing is PAID IN FULL and belongs to ME. Even now, PS3 has gone F2P and so I got my patron pass and my arkforge. And you know what? It's not even exciting to me. I'm sitting on the forge due to the grand nerf, afraid to use it. I have at least 10 purples that would be worthy but choosing is way to hard. I guess I'm waiting for the un-nerf...

At any rate,the state of the game as is -- with severe stability problems, no mics (ok very SPORADIC mics...), glitched this that and the other thing -- is highly unlikely IMHO to attract and RETAIN a new batch of F2Per's. Let's not forget it's been a cheap game for a long time (a YEAR?) and so the audience is pretty much already tapped into. And tapped back out again.

At least text chat is fixed for realz.

Side note: anyone notice that the pickups and lockbox greens seem to be hardly ever encrypted, blues some, and purples almost ALWAYS encrypted? Me hates that. Me feels cheated every time I notice it. It's to take something away after you've given it. Like someone handing you money and them come asking for it back later on. Builds resentment and mistrust which we already had plenty of around here.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 01:58 PM
You have this backwards. Defiance was a major flop. It's been floundering in the dirt since day one.

These (and other) changes are aimed at getting the game onto its feet.

He shoots - he DOES NOT SCORE!

Aimed wherever these changes are, I really don't think "onto its feet" is where we'll end up.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes our considerable investments over the last year were not enough. I've spent for the $60 game + $50 DLC's (I bought one at a time originally fooling myself that I didn't want them ALL) + $150 or so in bits, maybe more like $250 total in bits. Most players I know spent about this much OR MORE - we like to buy boosts for our clan, ya know?

I have to admit I do feel fooled/duped or something. Now you want MORE MONEY? I can't do it, even if I had the money there comes a point where I feel a thing is PAID IN FULL and belongs to ME. Even now, PS3 has gone F2P and so I got my patron pass and my arkforge. And you know what? It's not even exciting to me. I'm sitting on the forge due to the grand nerf, afraid to use it. I have at least 10 purples that would be worthy but choosing is way to hard. I guess I'm waiting for the un-nerf...

At any rate,the state of the game as is -- with severe stability problems, no mics (ok very SPORADIC mics...), glitched this that and the other thing -- is highly unlikely IMHO to attract and RETAIN a new batch of F2Per's. Let's not forget it's been a cheap game for a long time (a YEAR?) and so the audience is pretty much already tapped into. And tapped back out again.

At least text chat is fixed for realz.

Side note: anyone notice that the pickups and lockbox greens seem to be hardly ever encrypted, blues some, and purples almost ALWAYS encrypted? Me hates that. Me feels cheated every time I notice it. It's to take something away after you've given it. Like someone handing you money and them come asking for it back later on. Builds resentment and mistrust which we already had plenty of around here.

please insert more coins

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 02:07 PM

We all pay as much as we're feeling the game is worth, right ?

If they want to us shell out more cash, then they should make us feel that way again. I don't mind paying a lot -not only for games- as long as I think I'm getting my money's worth. Customers will always think they're paying more than they should, while companies think they should charge more. It's like tug of war, it works when some kind of balance is provided.

Break the balance and you break the game.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 02:10 PM
We all pay as much as we're feeling the game is worth, right ?

If they want to us shell out more cash, then they should make us feel that way again. I don't mind paying a lot -not only for games- as long as I think I'm getting my money's worth.

That's pretty much the F2P success model right there. If people get pleasure from it, they will blow all sorts of money on it!

If they get aggravated, the wallet slams shut.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 02:10 PM
please insert more coins

Shhhh or we really will get a paywall!

Bentu
08-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I feel your pain Crixda and like you I feel that the direction this game is going will soon hit the wall. This was and still is a bloody good game or we wouldn't be playing it.
The trouble is this donkeys got blinkers on and at the moment it's in a one horse race and us donkeys just ain't getting the right feed.

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
just a thing or two. tell me how YOU feel

Hi ya Crix.
Long story short, I feel pretty good. Mostly because I just let Defiance be Defiance. The guys and gals running the game are doing the best they can. Trick is doing the best he can. I still believe nobody involved with this game want's it to tank. Like Carnak says, they never hit the sales early on that would have given them the dough to make the game fulfill our fantasies about what it could have been. The looooong wait for dlc 1 kind of drove that point home for me and the following DLCs just made it more clear that the team was in over it's head. They are still doing the best they can with what they have. It seems they are still learning the code from scratch as they go due to the early lay offs.
So now here we are and the game isn't what we had hoped it would be at this point. The bad news is it may never be what we hoped. I don't know what the good news might be for sure. Maybe that the game is still alive and kicking? I'll take it if it's all I can get. The game is in a state of evolution seeking its way to a point of profitability and popularity that will give it a chance at having a long life. I don't know if it's going to make it. I know that there has NEVER been a single game I have played for over 3000 hours and still enjoy. I love the Borderlands franchise but both those games together account for less than 3000 hours of my gaming time.
So meh... I don't know what's coming for Defiance and I'm okasy with that. I have gotten far more from the game than I have spent on it by a mile or more so if I am done with it someday, so be it.
After all, nothing, no matter how hard we wish to the contrary, nothing lasts forever. Especially games.
Now excuse me, I have some dailies to do...

Carnak
08-13-2014, 02:19 PM
He shoots - he DOES NOT SCORE!

Aimed wherever these changes are, I really don't think "onto its feet" is where we'll end up.

It is a simple and undeniable truth that Defiance flopped.

A very small minority enjoyed the game in its launch state. They and their financial contributions are nowhere near sufficient to cover the costs of development and ongoing maintenance.

Does it suck to be one of that minority? Absolutely. Was it irresponsible for the developers to create a big budget game tailored for such a niche audience. Absolutely.

But having screwed up so badly they can't leave the game as it is. While arguably unfair to the niche crowd, this is a multi-million dollar property. People will have and possibly continue to lose their jobs based on Defiance's performance. If not for ArcheAge I'd even worry about the company folding.

Defiance is broken and needs to be fixed.

Lillith Valerian
08-13-2014, 02:26 PM
They are just trying to drive away the current playerbase away so that the free to play people come in and ignorantly spend all their money on the game. It doesnt matter how long we have been with game or how loyal and supportive we are they just wanna make the cash.

That's enough to make me want to hop in my car, drive downtown to Riverfront Park, and throw myself off the Red Wagon. Which is what I always visualize when someone says they've 'fallen off the wagon'.

Instead I'll just wait for the 9th.

Deunan
08-13-2014, 02:26 PM
They are just trying to drive away the current playerbase away so that the free to play people come in and ignorantly spend all their money on the game. It doesnt matter how long we have been with game or how loyal and supportive we are they just wanna make the cash.Free-to-play players aren't monumentally stupid. They are no less or more saavy than the rest of us and they also are much more prone to recognizing cash grabs than the buy-to-play crowd. They will see what is going on in the game and they will realize what it means as much as we do. They also are no less upset than we are about the performance issues caused by the recurring latency problems that the PC servers have been experiencing for over a month now.

The only appeal that the game has to new F2P players over us is that the content is all new and plentiful from their point of view but unless the company can increase the pace and volume of introduction of new content that will eventually wane. It also won't offset the negative value of the way the devs are trying to monetize the players or the performance issues which are only going to be astronomically larger for the gaming console servers. These issues have already driven thousands of new F2P players away from the PC servers.

Even the PC players that support or are okay with the successive nerfs that have been implemented and will be implemented in an astonishingly short period of time have stated that the timing is horrible. They should have implemented these nerfs before the PC free-to-play launch so that the new players wouldn't miss what they never actually had. By taking too long to do it they further alienated the new players as well as the old players and highlighted the direction in which they're taking the game which might have otherwise not been realized or cared about by new players.

They can stick a fork in the PC market for this game because it's pretty much done at this point and it's highly unlikely that they will be able to rely on the small micro transaction market for those servers for any significant amount of revenue to ensure the continued viability of the game. It's all on the gaming console markets now.

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Damn Bones, it feels so weird when you make sense. Could you please stop ?

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Damn Bones, it feels so weird when you make sense. Could you please stop ?

Consider it done!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps1b7bbb3d.gif

MahChew
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
In game I've resorted to just walk aimlessly about. Jumping/Driving of random cliffs into the sea.
It's depressing.

lol that's deep right there.

Yun
08-13-2014, 02:36 PM
With all the cutbacks and lay-offs they had shortly after release I'll admit I'm impressed they've managed to tread water this long. I have fun in the game here and there, just not as much as I used to which is sad because I've never been a fan of shooters what so ever. I'm cut from the cloth of gamers that are into the action/adventure/rpg games so defiance was something of a pleasant surprise to me in a sea of Call of Duty, Halo, etc...

Still even optimists at some point have to wake up and face the reality, with such a small crew helming Defiance I doubt there is any chance of it ever becoming the power house it could have been or was meant to be.

Crasharr
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
It's depressing.
aww man ***... that just stings, you wanna do some other crazy shiat not involving suicide you know i'll always be there mate...

drackiller
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
The game should apear in the front page of the store as a "new" thing to catch the attention of the thousend of thousend persons that goes to the store everyday.
But no, we need to search for the game, it wont be very easy to catch potential new players that way and only people who knows the game will download it.

Nefarious
08-13-2014, 02:45 PM
I don't get these 'Defiance is dying' threads. Its like they always pop up between episode missions. And then when the new missions appear everything is cool for awhile. Then ppl start saying its dying again until they get their next fix.

The only bummer that has happened is the rewards system which is still a work in progress. Its been said that the rate rewards are giving out had to be lessened so that more meaningful rewards could be granted.

And lets face it, if the old reward system was in place now with all these events taking place on the map I know I can speak for myself in saying I would be able to rake in an obscene amount of Ark Forge. There are points in time Ive seen 3 Ark Falls taking place or 2 on the map at the same time very often and all I would need to do is time it to be able reach the end for the Ark Bosses from these to get 25+ Ark Forge from them if the old system was still in place with the rate of these events.

And I to was hit by changes with Encryption, I had to let a lot of guns in my inventory go. A Blue QM Bonfire with all reload rolls, a Blue Assassin Surge Bolter with double crit rolls, all my mission reward guns Ive kept since the beginning, my VBI Fire Storm and Thunder Shock and many more. But the way I look at it is that it made the guns that I narrowed down to keep more meaningful imo. This selection of weapons I have Im going to have to make the most of it, Im going to have to build what I have up. Before adding every best version of a weapon to ones repertoire was crazy easy.

And Defiance's patches as of late added a lot of good as well. Port on clan member, cloak fix, new vendors, new land mass, new enemies, new story content, lots of cross over stuff. Doesn't seem dead to me.

And if people are saying that they are leaving Defiance for Destiny because of the recent changes affects the way they play then good luck with that, Destiny is not going to be handing out Epic rewards hand over fist like Defiance once was so I don't know what you think you are going to get different from that experience that you yearn to have in Defiance again. You aint going to get it from Destiny, you are going to have to put in time and hope luck of the draw just like in Defiance. Same system with gear with random loot drops from mobs and chests and store items that switch over based on time intervals.

Carnak
08-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Free-to-play players aren't monumentally stupid. They are no less or more saavy than the rest of us and they also are much more prone to recognizing cash grabs than the buy-to-play crowd. They will see what is going on in the game and they will realize what it means as much as we do.

I don't think that's true.

Almost my definition, the free-to-play crowd is extremely diverse. The vast majority will never spend a dime on the game. Only a small proportion will ever spend any money and that will only be a little. Nearly all of the revenue will come from a miniscule number of players.

It probably true that many are as you describe but certainly not all, otherwise we wouldn't see so much craziness in f2p monetization schemes which basically rely on some players being a bit crazy.

ConcreteSnake
08-13-2014, 02:47 PM
I feel like I played this game 4-8 hours a day everyday. I had fun chasing arkforge and leys for lockboxes. I was regularly spending $20 a week on average between arkforge or boosts for myself or the clan. I had a great time playing the game shooting things in the face....but now? Now I log on and attempt to do the daily contracts, but most of the time I look at the map, think about what my reward will be for doing said event....and then more often than not I log out and watch TV or play some other game. Even with the old rewards I wasn't able to maintain 3 items as I leveled up so fast on my low character, and I was remastering weapons to get that perfect mastery bonus on my main that I was running low on arkforge and would purchase some or some boosts. The game feels like candy crush or some other micro transaction game that I have to grind and grind and grind and grind....and even after all that my rewards are so small and meaningless that I think to myself "why am I even playing this game?" its killing my will to live.

Odessa
08-13-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm right there with you, Crix. I couldn't explain my love for this game to people. Laggy, unstable with endless in game performance issues. Disappearing cars, disappearing enemies, disconnects, General Steve for all, and the knowledge that it's a gamble to get through a patch without having to reinstall and redownload everything at LEAST once. The DLC was nothing more than throwing on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses on a coop map and calling it different. Besides all that... I stuck it out, waiting for the better part. It wasn't about the chase. It was about meeting some of the best people and making friendships that blossomed. I went from a new game a week to JUST Defiance. Games sat on my counter for months, never opened. Downtime was spent waiting for the server to go back up. Money was spent... way too much for one game.

*puts on Tinfoil hat shaped like a Swan*

When the changes started happening I braced for the worst. DLC5 was a game changer and everyone was up in arms. Scapes and Kiwi jumped onto threads and kept the communication going. I admit it lulled me into a false sense of things being okay. That the game was finally getting the love it deserved and we were going to push towards stability to make this game the awesome Unicorn that it could be. Then they started to change and nerf the game to Hell. Veterans were not welcome, nor were they wanted. they paid their money and the upkeep made them 'high maintenance'. WM was an example of that. Failure was necessary and insults drove home any question of intentions. Every thing else was nothing about the chase. Nothing is desirable. Nothing is going to be kept up to level. There is NO balance. Just to toss this out there... I have a few weapons I love and that's it. I have a ton of weapons I keep and can no longer use. There is no chase for me. I spent keys on lockboxes when I maxed out and moved on. I've accidentally sold shields simply because I click the sell all option to get back to playing with friends. My *chase* was Arkforge to level weapons. Wolfounds? Pshhh. That's only for my Monkey runs, which ended with the last change. But then again... I'm not the target audience. I'm a Vet.

They took a gamble to push out Veterans so that new people would throw money at them to level up. The thing is... the instability and lack of ANY chase makes the game frustrating and undesirable to anyone with other games on their plate. Yes, you get what you pay for. I paid for mine and enjoyed the time I had with it. But I get it. I get the hint. Not wanted. Not needed. Only hurts the cause.

I realized it wasn't the game, but the people in it. The interaction. The conversations. Defiance is a broken game that has only been fixed in terms of financial gain. Customer Service is the Exit door. In the end it's not about the game. It's about the loss of friends who I care about. The loss of enjoyment from some silly weapon. The loss of any chase. Why am I still here? Perhaps it's because THIS is Defiance to me. Everyone here. The community is who built up the dream, built up the hype and built up the enjoyment. The sadness is from seeing these same people tossed aside. Businesses do not survive without a sense of customer satisfaction. I think whomever was over that area seems to have left the building.

And because this sorta kinda came to mind when seeking how to describe my love for Defiance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6P6_AphGI

There's a common answer invoking hand thrown exploding devices. There's only that much short sighted decisions you can take before getting disillusioned.

Yeppers... got a chuckle out of me.

3rdpig
08-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Crix, you nee to come to the same conclusion that I have, and that is that Trion Worlds, as a whole, is not capable of producing, expanding and managing the game we hoped that Defiance would be.

So it's a pale shadow of our hopes, an island of mediocrity instead of a country of wonder. A quick sprint for cash instead of a 10 year marathon of fun.

And barring it being sold to a more capable outfit, that's all Defiance is ever going to be.

And that's why I won't spend another dime on it, or on Archeage, a game that I normally would have spent money to get in early on. Trion is just not capable of making what I'm hoping for.

duction
08-13-2014, 02:55 PM
I feel like I played this game 4-8 hours a day everyday. I had fun chasing arkforge and leys for lockboxes. I was regularly spending $20 a week on average between arkforge or boosts for myself or the clan. I had a great time playing the game shooting things in the face....but now? Now I log on and attempt to do the daily contracts, but most of the time I look at the map, think about what my reward will be for doing said event....and then more often than not I log out and watch TV or play some other game. Even with the old rewards I wasn't able to maintain 3 items as I leveled up so fast on my low character, and I was remastering weapons to get that perfect mastery bonus on my main that I was running low on arkforge and would purchase some or some boosts. The game feels like candy crush or some other micro transaction game that I have to grind and grind and grind and grind....and even after all that my rewards are so small and meaningless that I think to myself "why am I even playing this game?" its killing my will to live.

you have hit the nail on the head! i feel the same way too, i just group up and do some pvp and do the contracts and thats it. there is zero motivation to play this... and its depressing because i used to love spinning this game up and spending hours on it,

Carnak
08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
And that's why I won't spend another dime on it, or on Archeage, a game that I normally would have spent money to get in early on. Trion is just not capable of making what I'm hoping for.

I'd still credit Trion as being one of the most honest developers in the industry, but after Defiance - and all the money I spent on it - I have lost a lot of confidence in them. I know they're only publishing it in the west but I was more interested in ArcheAge before they became attached to it and Defiance launched.

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 06:28 PM

Meh, I would probably have to kill myself if I ever happened to use the consecrated formula

you have hit the nail on the head!

We've hit so many of them it's a wonder there's still some place left to hammer some in.

cuba 666
08-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I feel like going to Lake Ontario, cut a tree make a Raft and escape back to Cuba...!!!! How is that for what I feel..??? Ohh I also forget the most important part bring Nefarious with me and feed him to the shark on my way to Cuba...!!!

wartitan
08-13-2014, 07:23 PM
The fact that Crix is upset should definitely be alarming....I miss the fact that I no longer have the drive to get on the game and play for hours. I've hopped on a couple times just to talk with Crix and the clan, but honestly I can't bring myself to even launch the game anymore.
The only hope that I hold out anymore is that the folks in the clan move on to Destiny since they are the only reasons why I even care to try to launch the game anymore. It's so broken that it literally makes me sad, I try to enjoy the game and even downloaded the new content, but just can't find enjoyment in it anymore...

eirich_liath
08-13-2014, 07:36 PM
I'd like to say there is enthusiasm of PS3 with F2P and all the changes.

Alas, I can't, because...
Mics are still broken.

Realizing the The Company is just repeating its own history.
Emphasizing with all the great ppl I've met and played with.
Best thoughts and plans laid to waste.

The servers on PS3 have been barren for the last week. I used to log in for several hours a day. Now I'm on for an hour or 2 on good nights.

The Company has a lot of work to do. I'm not holding my breath.

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 07:44 PM
you have hit the nail on the head!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/5934913973_istockphoto_280569_nail_head_answer_2_x large_zpsdc004964.jpeg

RobDaCool
08-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Seems Trion is about like the government -ignores the veterans. But thats just me :P

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Sometimes I feel like this...

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy4_zps4ed2dd94.gif

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Other times I feel like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCubnzzgQAQ

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Sometimes I feel like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TLTjqUyog

PSST - lookit I finally figured out how to do it right =D

LostAlone
08-13-2014, 08:30 PM
I figured I'd chip in here - Just as a new guy who figured he'd give Defiance a shot now that it's free. I gots a lot of time, and not a lot of cash, so why not. I've never liked the swords and sorcery fantasy crap that seems to be 99% of the MMO market, and I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and real-time shooty combat, so it seemed like a decent match. I've been here about a week and... Well... It's complicated.

I certainly don't expect F2P games to be perfect, and I understand that trying to play without spending anything ever means making some sacrifices. I expect that I'll have to grind more to keep pace, and I'm ok with that. In fact, grinding in Defiance is a lot more fun that in most F2P games I've played.

The actual action in the game feels good. Running into Arkfalls and Incursions with a pack of other people feels fast and exciting. I love that groups form really casually and I can happily just tag along without bothering people for group invites or waiting for a pick up group. It feels like there's always something to do, and even if the mini-events get samey very quickly, the fact that you can just pick a direction and find something to shoot there is good. There's no-where on the map that is just empty. The mechanics of the game are good. There's a solid borderlands kinda vibe that is very enjoyable.

But then... In the past couple of days I feel like I've hit a brick wall. I just don't feel like I'm progressing any more at all. I haven't seen an interesting looking weapon in a while and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do to get something better, other than sloooowly improve my EGO and wait for loot to drop.

I feel like I don't have any control over where I go in the game either. I can already tag along on events, because the threat system means I can still be relevant at low levels. The fact that I never even get to see high level stuff in game, just as screen shots on the forums, doesn't give me much incentive to want to push forward. All the loot I see is just... The same, but slightly different. Over and over. The lack of any way to craft weapons to my tastes is pretty upsetting too. I can't just build my perfect weapon for my ego, and I can't find anything better than I already have. So I just have to... Keep doing the same stuff, over and over. And waiting. And... I guess.... At some point I'll actually move forward a step. But it seems a very long way off.

Unlike borderlands, where there are vending machines stuffed full of RNGed loot for me to browse, I don't ever get the feeling for the other possibilities out there. I also don't feel like leveling up is especially meaningful. I have the perks I like to max, and I can probably find some more that I'll like but the effects are all pretty minimal. The only way to progress at all is with new gear, and it's just few and far between. The upgrade system is horrible. I'm currently using a rifle nearly 300 under my ego. It still does better damage than comparable weapons and I have absolutely no ability to get Arkforge because it's just RNG.

So at this point I don't know how I feel. I'll probably stick around for a while longer, because the core game IS good, and it is fun. But without a sense of progression I don't have much reason to keep doing it. Unlike almost every MMO, where there are so many classes to explore, and so many different ways to customize and upgrade, I very much see things being pretty much flat from here on. Higher numbers, sure, but that's it. There's nothing to unlock at max level. There's just... More numbers. Nothing different, ever.

That was one thing that I always felt Borderlands did very well. The way the loot dropped pushed you in specific directions. Sometimes it would give you a weapon you hated but that was so powerful you couldn't turn it down. Sometimes it spat out weird weapons that were really strange but weren't bad, just different. And yeah, you saw a lot of chaff too. But by the end you had so much awesome stuff that you never knew what to use. In Defiance I don't really have a whole lot of choice. I can either use my one good gun, or I can use trash.

I wish Defiance had a better balance between loot quality and loot drops. And I wish I had the chance to actually take control over my items, even if that meant grinding for some other resources.

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Other times I feel like...

While we'd like to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riuV6Ity-Jc

Rumeyes
08-14-2014, 04:16 AM
I am getting to where I don't even WANT to bother with it anymore because of the stupidity. Since when did I become the A-hole for wanting things to be better?

Sad to see even Crixda going negative. I feel like Trion is kicking me in the face. And then when im down on the ground. I could post a music video on how I feel, but I am sure that it will get banned.

drackiller
08-14-2014, 04:19 AM
I figured I'd chip in here - Just as a new guy who figured he'd give Defiance a shot now that it's free. I gots a lot of time, and not a lot of cash, so why not. I've never liked the swords and sorcery fantasy crap that seems to be 99% of the MMO market, and I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and real-time shooty combat, so it seemed like a decent match. I've been here about a week and... Well... It's complicated.

I certainly don't expect F2P games to be perfect, and I understand that trying to play without spending anything ever means making some sacrifices. I expect that I'll have to grind more to keep pace, and I'm ok with that. In fact, grinding in Defiance is a lot more fun that in most F2P games I've played.

The actual action in the game feels good. Running into Arkfalls and Incursions with a pack of other people feels fast and exciting. I love that groups form really casually and I can happily just tag along without bothering people for group invites or waiting for a pick up group. It feels like there's always something to do, and even if the mini-events get samey very quickly, the fact that you can just pick a direction and find something to shoot there is good. There's no-where on the map that is just empty. The mechanics of the game are good. There's a solid borderlands kinda vibe that is very enjoyable.

But then... In the past couple of days I feel like I've hit a brick wall. I just don't feel like I'm progressing any more at all. I haven't seen an interesting looking weapon in a while and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do to get something better, other than sloooowly improve my EGO and wait for loot to drop.

I feel like I don't have any control over where I go in the game either. I can already tag along on events, because the threat system means I can still be relevant at low levels. The fact that I never even get to see high level stuff in game, just as screen shots on the forums, doesn't give me much incentive to want to push forward. All the loot I see is just... The same, but slightly different. Over and over. The lack of any way to craft weapons to my tastes is pretty upsetting too. I can't just build my perfect weapon for my ego, and I can't find anything better than I already have. So I just have to... Keep doing the same stuff, over and over. And waiting. And... I guess.... At some point I'll actually move forward a step. But it seems a very long way off.

Unlike borderlands, where there are vending machines stuffed full of RNGed loot for me to browse, I don't ever get the feeling for the other possibilities out there. I also don't feel like leveling up is especially meaningful. I have the perks I like to max, and I can probably find some more that I'll like but the effects are all pretty minimal. The only way to progress at all is with new gear, and it's just few and far between. The upgrade system is horrible. I'm currently using a rifle nearly 300 under my ego. It still does better damage than comparable weapons and I have absolutely no ability to get Arkforge because it's just RNG.

So at this point I don't know how I feel. I'll probably stick around for a while longer, because the core game IS good, and it is fun. But without a sense of progression I don't have much reason to keep doing it. Unlike almost every MMO, where there are so many classes to explore, and so many different ways to customize and upgrade, I very much see things being pretty much flat from here on. Higher numbers, sure, but that's it. There's nothing to unlock at max level. There's just... More numbers. Nothing different, ever.

That was one thing that I always felt Borderlands did very well. The way the loot dropped pushed you in specific directions. Sometimes it would give you a weapon you hated but that was so powerful you couldn't turn it down. Sometimes it spat out weird weapons that were really strange but weren't bad, just different. And yeah, you saw a lot of chaff too. But by the end you had so much awesome stuff that you never knew what to use. In Defiance I don't really have a whole lot of choice. I can either use my one good gun, or I can use trash.

I wish Defiance had a better balance between loot quality and loot drops. And I wish I had the chance to actually take control over my items, even if that meant grinding for some other resources.

Welcome, very good first post. :)

NeuroticHitman
08-14-2014, 05:22 AM
I'm right there with you, Crix. I couldn't explain my love for this game to people. Laggy, unstable with endless in game performance issues. Disappearing cars, disappearing enemies, disconnects, General Steve for all, and the knowledge that it's a gamble to get through a patch without having to reinstall and redownload everything at LEAST once. The DLC was nothing more than throwing on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses on a coop map and calling it different. Besides all that... I stuck it out, waiting for the better part. It wasn't about the chase. It was about meeting some of the best people and making friendships that blossomed. I went from a new game a week to JUST Defiance. Games sat on my counter for months, never opened. Downtime was spent waiting for the server to go back up. Money was spent... way too much for one game.

*puts on Tinfoil hat shaped like a Swan*

When the changes started happening I braced for the worst. DLC5 was a game changer and everyone was up in arms. Scapes and Kiwi jumped onto threads and kept the communication going. I admit it lulled me into a false sense of things being okay. That the game was finally getting the love it deserved and we were going to push towards stability to make this game the awesome Unicorn that it could be. Then they started to change and nerf the game to Hell. Veterans were not welcome, nor were they wanted. they paid their money and the upkeep made them 'high maintenance'. WM was an example of that. Failure was necessary and insults drove home any question of intentions. Every thing else was nothing about the chase. Nothing is desirable. Nothing is going to be kept up to level. There is NO balance. Just to toss this out there... I have a few weapons I love and that's it. I have a ton of weapons I keep and can no longer use. There is no chase for me. I spent keys on lockboxes when I maxed out and moved on. I've accidentally sold shields simply because I click the sell all option to get back to playing with friends. My *chase* was Arkforge to level weapons. Wolfounds? Pshhh. That's only for my Monkey runs, which ended with the last change. But then again... I'm not the target audience. I'm a Vet.

They took a gamble to push out Veterans so that new people would throw money at them to level up. The thing is... the instability and lack of ANY chase makes the game frustrating and undesirable to anyone with other games on their plate. Yes, you get what you pay for. I paid for mine and enjoyed the time I had with it. But I get it. I get the hint. Not wanted. Not needed. Only hurts the cause.

I realized it wasn't the game, but the people in it. The interaction. The conversations. Defiance is a broken game that has only been fixed in terms of financial gain. Customer Service is the Exit door. In the end it's not about the game. It's about the loss of friends who I care about. The loss of enjoyment from some silly weapon. The loss of any chase. Why am I still here? Perhaps it's because THIS is Defiance to me. Everyone here. The community is who built up the dream, built up the hype and built up the enjoyment. The sadness is from seeing these same people tossed aside. Businesses do not survive without a sense of customer satisfaction. I think whomever was over that area seems to have left the building.
And because this sorta kinda came to mind when seeking how to describe my love for Defiance:

This...ALL of this.
My remaining friends that still actively play this game is the #1 reason that I still log on...but that list dwindles. God knows I'm not playing it for a sense of accomplishment, or even more, REWARDS.

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 06:22 AM
<snip> an island of mediocrity instead of a country of wonder. <snip>

Isn't this the tagline for the Sillycon Valley land expansion? lol

jackdaws_1999
08-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Im sorry to see Crixda go all darkside on us... Not suprised, but saddened. I have had to leave the game due to the culmination of decisions and game breaking bugs and stability issues... I certainly hope you dont have to follow suit Crixda, and definately dont leave the forums, we in Midgard always love seeing your take on things.

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Im sorry to see Crixda go all darkside on us...

Surprising, isn't it?

I guess the old saying is true... "Everyone has their breaking point".

jackdaws_1999
08-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Surprising, isn't it?

I guess the old saying is true... "Everyone has their breaking point".

This is true, I honestly thought I had more mileage in me, but today it was just too much.. hell I even maxed my keycodes after a week of trying.. and I didnt open a lockbox... didnt see the point :(

I sincerly hope the devs turn this around... I still say this game has the potential to be the Best game on console...

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 06:52 AM
This is true, I honestly thought I had more mileage in me, but today it was just too much.. hell I even maxed my keycodes after a week of trying.. and I didnt open a lockbox... didnt see the point :(

I know the feeling.

I merely log in to open daily/weekly reward boxes, complete the Tarr & DF contracts, and look for Restless Dead in Sillycon Valley. Then I log out. My PS4 has been seeing a lot of action lately!

Hunyo
08-14-2014, 08:11 AM
I post here cos I didn't want to start a new thread and I just randomly picked a thread where players crying.
Yes that's what you do and that's what I am going to do now too.

I'm f2p and playing only around the starting of f2p on PC. From the first day I read on the forums about Defiance only crying. Normally you can't read these things cause devs, moderators delete them as soon as they are created. I taught how nice this liberalism of handling things it is cool. But after months reading this it's not nice anymore. I'm tired of it.

I'm playing on the internet more than 10 years ago from the times when mmo's didn't even exist just multiplayer persistant worlds as they called them at that time. I experienced a lot. I don't even pvp anymore cause It's full of cheaters and no matter what you do pvp always be full of cheaters no exception if not then it's just a question of time and here I'm not talking too much time. It's just a type of human behavior. You can't do anything against it.
So what remains is pve. So I'm gonna talk about this cause as I said I don't pvp anymore. This game is around 1 year old. It has it's flaws. Every mmo has. I tried quite a lot of them so I know. The question is are you enjoy it or not if not you move on that's the way it is. Defiance is unique cause it's trying to build on the joy of acquiring and customizing weapons like Borderlands but without the silly cartoonish graphics. There's not much mmo out there doing this as good as Defiance. Most mmofps just built around pvp. Defiance is a crossover of the tv show so it can quickly catch attention. If I look around the market I don't see any other mmo which is better in the mmofps pve aspect. I mean it has free roam map uique power system, cars etc.

I enjoyed this game but I don't enjoy it anymore cause 2 reasons:

- 1 is the complete ignorance of the developer team. They are ignoring the flaws of their game. There are numerous little things that they can solve but they just ignoring them. They even admit that they know about their existence still they let them exist. Why don't they remove features, quests, pursuits etc until they are bug ridden? I'm talking about bugs that makes you unable to solve pursuits, missions without developer help and on top of that there are bugs which are just extremely annoying like the disappearing vehicles and their catapulting drivers and my personal favorite the one makes you unable to permanently change resolution and/or windowed mode. I'm just tired of starting the game day after day changing resolution and window mode. Then I get a loading message without progress line and I don't see server status so I can't see if the server is down only after a pointless loading screen and error message. Then I have to look up twitter and finally see what's going on. Why don't we see these things on the client when we trying to log in? Ok these are just small things but in time these things get very annoying cause these are small things but there are a LOT of them.

- second is the toxic community. I never left an mmo because this reason and couldn't even imagine why others do it cause never experienced like this before. The forums 80 % of crying and insulting the devs. I don't really know anymore if its liberalism or just another example of their ignorance.
One thing is crying about bugs, feature changes etc. but crying about cheats? I talked about I hate cheating in pvp earlier. The thing is here players cheat in pve too and devs letting them. There are numerous ways to cheat in pve like the one which don't exist now is when you show up at an event and kill one mob and move on still get the reward the devs changed it i don't even know it was intentional or just accidentally and the event key farming, the spawn point farming with explosion weapons, the tier 2 box farming for arkforge, the starting area afk-ing after new update and getting money after new players the inviting in new players in finished instances, the co-op map shortcuting and there are numerous more ways. So it's not just the ignorance of the developer team but this game is full of cheaters, exploiters. There are a lot of hot-shot, rampage mission with incredible high scores achievable only by cheating and so on.

So it's not just the ignorance of the devs but the player base bad intentions the toxic community. Their ignorance let you do these things but that's not meaning you have to to this and ruin the games economy. By running around millions or trillions of scrips and arkforge and orange weapons you cheated all this time (I'm not saying you cheated all but so many ways of cheating it's hardly believable you never cheated) you selling trading items to new players you ruining the value of those items. They don't worth that much cause anybody can get them with little effort. A lot of players crying its harder now but a lot of players still has an inventory full of stuff cheated together so they can sell those things for months or even years to come.

I had only 1 post on this forum where i suggested how to change this thing in 1 change. With letting the orange items salvage some arkforge people may eliminate their cheated inventory in the hope of getting fewer but better items. There would be no more reason to cheat and sell cheated items cause everybody would have a chance to earn their own items without cheating or grinding forever and they could improve it forever as they advance in lvl. Only 1 reply arrived. The crying, insulting continuing so we arrived back the 2 things I mentioned and indicated: toxic community with ignorant developer staff.

I'm just tired of these 2 things in this game. I don't see a faintest chance it will change in the future so I leave. But I didn't want to leave without trying to explain what's the problem. I know it's pointless but at least I tried.
I could post these into any thread of this forum as I see now these threads born and die fast. This forum is 80% crying and hate. But at least I tried.

...and no you can't have my stuff I finished uninstalling as i finished this post and I will never look back. Obviously I don't want to reward some stranger from the community I found toxic. I don't even care what you reply to this cause I will just delete this forums bookmarks and look for something else. I have an idea what can replace this game and bury it forever but I don't want this community to show up there too early so just... bye!

drackiller
08-14-2014, 08:26 AM
I post here cos I didn't want to start a new thread and I just randomly picked a thread where players crying.
Yes that's what you do and that's what I am going to do now too.

I'm f2p and playing only around the starting of f2p on PC. From the first day I read on the forums about Defiance only crying. Normally you can't read these things cause devs, moderators delete them as soon as they are created. I taught how nice this liberalism of handling things it is cool. But after months reading this it's not nice anymore. I'm tired of it.

I'm playing on the internet more than 10 years ago from the times when mmo's didn't even exist just multiplayer persistant worlds as they called them at that time. I experienced a lot. I don't even pvp anymore cause It's full of cheaters and no matter what you do pvp always be full of cheaters no exception if not then it's just a question of time and here I'm not talking too much time. It's just a type of human behavior. You can't do anything against it.
So what remains is pve. So I'm gonna talk about this cause as I said I don't pvp anymore. This game is around 1 year old. It has it's flaws. Every mmo has. I tried quite a lot of them so I know. The question is are you enjoy it or not if not you move on that's the way it is. Defiance is unique cause it's trying to build on the joy of acquiring and customizing weapons like Borderlands but without the silly cartoonish graphics. There's not much mmo out there doing this as good as Defiance. Most mmofps just built around pvp. Defiance is a crossover of the tv show so it can quickly catch attention. If I look around the market I don't see any other mmo which is better in the mmofps pve aspect. I mean it has free roam map uique power system, cars etc.

I enjoyed this game but I don't enjoy it anymore cause 2 reasons:

- 1 is the complete ignorance of the developer team. They are ignoring the flaws of their game. There are numerous little things that they can solve but they just ignoring them. They even admit that they know about their existence still they let them exist. Why don't they remove features, quests, pursuits etc until they are bug ridden? I'm talking about bugs that makes you unable to solve pursuits, missions without developer help and on top of that there are bugs which are just extremely annoying like the disappearing vehicles and their catapulting drivers and my personal favorite the one makes you unable to permanently change resolution and/or windowed mode. I'm just tired of starting the game day after day changing resolution and window mode. Then I get a loading message without progress line and I don't see server status so I can't see if the server is down only after a pointless loading screen and error message. Then I have to look up twitter and finally see what's going on. Why don't we see these things on the client when we trying to log in? Ok these are just small things but in time these things get very annoying cause these are small things but there are a LOT of them.

- second is the toxic community. I never left an mmo because this reason and couldn't even imagine why others do it cause never experienced like this before. The forums 80 % of crying and insulting the devs. I don't really know anymore if its liberalism or just another example of their ignorance.
One thing is crying about bugs, feature changes etc. but crying about cheats? I talked about I hate cheating in pvp earlier. The thing is here players cheat in pve too and devs letting them. There are numerous ways to cheat in pve like the one which don't exist now is when you show up at an event and kill one mob and move on still get the reward the devs changed it i don't even know it was intentional or just accidentally and the event key farming, the spawn point farming with explosion weapons, the tier 2 box farming for arkforge, the starting area afk-ing after new update and getting money after new players the inviting in new players in finished instances, the co-op map shortcuting and there are numerous more ways. So it's not just the ignorance of the developer team but this game is full of cheaters, exploiters. There are a lot of hot-shot, rampage mission with incredible high scores achievable only by cheating and so on.

So it's not just the ignorance of the devs but the player base bad intentions the toxic community. Their ignorance let you do these things but that's not meaning you have to to this and ruin the games economy. By running around millions or trillions of scrips and arkforge and orange weapons you cheated all this time (I'm not saying you cheated all but so many ways of cheating it's hardly believable you never cheated) you selling trading items to new players you ruining the value of those items. They don't worth that much cause anybody can get them with little effort. A lot of players crying its harder now but a lot of players still has an inventory full of stuff cheated together so they can sell those things for months or even years to come.

I had only 1 post on this forum where i suggested how to change this thing in 1 change. With letting the orange items salvage some arkforge people may eliminate their cheated inventory in the hope of getting fewer but better items. There would be no more reason to cheat and sell cheated items cause everybody would have a chance to earn their own items without cheating or grinding forever and they could improve it forever as they advance in lvl. Only 1 reply arrived. The crying, insulting continuing so we arrived back the 2 things I mentioned and indicated: toxic community with ignorant developer staff.

I'm just tired of these 2 things in this game. I don't see a faintest chance it will change in the future so I leave. But I didn't want to leave without trying to explain what's the problem. I know it's pointless but at least I tried.
I could post these into any thread of this forum as I see now these threads born and die fast. This forum is 80% crying and hate. But at least I tried.

...and no you can't have my stuff I finished uninstalling as i finished this post and I will never look back. Obviously I don't want to reward some stranger from the community I found toxic. I don't even care what you reply to this cause I will just delete this forums bookmarks and look for something else. I have an idea what can replace this game and bury it forever but I don't want this community to show up there too early so just... bye!

You clearly need to make some introspection, maybe go to a doctor. I sense a little bit of bipolarism in your way of thinking.
And no, no one wants your stuff, no one wants noobish rubish.

LegendaryU2K
08-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Honestly i don't see what all the fuss about this game. I use to play a game called APB Reloaded, where the company G1 when they took over the game made it worse , they fired good GM,s never release good content, never ban any hackers, never listen to anyone, now as of 2014, 70% of the player base has disappeared, toxic community with closet botters, ugly visuals and bad performance which has been happening since 2011 and even though they supposedly got a new anit-cheat, the game in terms of content isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if that game got shut down next year.

But the point I'm making, i can see a reason why people complain about that game, because i was and well there's a reason a complain. But with Defiance, what's not to love about this game? It has everything any true MMO Game would want.

*Open World PVE*
*Great PVP* ( even though the chat box does fill up with people calling each other hackers. I only see 2 hackers )
* Driving is fun*
*Helping each other in missions or non missions
* A large catalog of different weapons
* Great performance , lag sometimes, but nothing major. on the PC anyway
* Amazing visuals and runs perfect
* Decent character customization.
* Finding items and guns
* Making enjoyable fun characters
* Coop maps and campaigns, with all new different maps and locations, great story and bosses
* Major events, arkfall, etc.
* Exploring different areas and finding new locations
* Great music
* Fun all around gameplay
* Great community
* Make your own clan

There are things which i want to see in this game, which i plan to say in a new thread tomorrow. But i really do enjoy this game and its the best game i have played since GTA3 , which btw i still play.

Warhorse500
08-14-2014, 04:27 PM
So,
I am watching things that I have dearly loved fall apart.
Defiance is heading for It's inevitable Dirt-nap faster than expected, "The Company" is at the wheel and has the proverbial "Titanium-Foot" spot welded to the floor so there is no mistake this time. The "crazed" look in the driver's eye only goes to show that last year's "Season Farce DLC Sham" just didn't jackhammer home the final coffin-nail like they wanted so now we are all "loaded up and truckin'" down the turnpike to Finishville and not sparing the horses.
I mean, I have seen some wild driving but this rediculous hell-ride to All-Done, U.S.A. is the best one yet compared to some of those epic Nascar Barrel-Rolls.
Hell, hand me more brewskis - I can't have any higher of a blood-alcohol content then the folks who find the game fix content acceptable around here or the "sweet action" that we have been promised for well over a year to be handed a ten-minute excursion that is nothing like the amazing journey that we should have gotten.
Sure, all we need to "fix" anything around here is a bigger wrench or hammer and if you keep hitting something it will stick to the spot that you want it to, right? How hard is that?
Patch the Patch of the Patch and undo the thing that you undid to fix the fix.
Or just rollback the patch to the fix....or, well "you know."
Hey, make sure noone on the forum says anything about this either, okay?
There isn't a way that they can know about this or have an opinion, either.
This is killing even MY optimistic attitude about Defiance.
I am getting to where I don't even WANT to bother with it anymore because of the stupidity.

Right there with ya, man.

Haven't played too much over the last month or so...been busy with WoT. I logged on after the dust settled around the Silly-Con Valley expansion, and despite my better judgement I went down there. (Yeah I know...I said I'd never go. Silly-Con Valley---and the rest of this game along with it---holds the same morbid fascination for me as a 20-car pileup in the middle of a freeway. You don't want to look, you know it's going to be horrible...and yet my sense of schadenfreude dictates that I must look.)

It's not terrible, but it's not good either. I thought it was pretty creepy that even after 30 minutes in-game, I didn't see another player down there. That tells me more than I want to know, I think... The Evangels are ridiculously OP, for no drops of any real worth. It might be more fun if the True Believer camps were set up like Horde outposts in WoW...then players could conduct raids on them and maybe score some good stuff.

The new Durango rollers are ok...just ok. Meh.

The rest of this does nothing to excite me.

I dunno what to tell you, Crix. I've said before I'll stick it out to the end...that said, I think you can see the end from here.

DeadEye68
08-14-2014, 05:11 PM
I merely log in to open daily/weekly reward boxes

Not even doing that anymore since my patron pass expired, and no way in hell am I going to renew it. Think I haven't logged in for 3 days at this point.

No reason to do so.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 05:12 PM
TBH, I feel fine.

DeadEye68
08-14-2014, 05:26 PM
TBH, I feel fine.

So do I, having a blast playing another game.

Deunan
08-14-2014, 05:32 PM
There are numerous little things that they can solve but they just ignoring them. They even admit that they know about their existence still they let them exist.You're making the completely unwarranted assumption that they are just ignoring them and are simply letting them exist. In order to address a bug they need to know how to reproduce it, i.e. they can't fix it if they don't know what triggers it. The car despawning bug is a perfect example. They have devoted resources attempting to reproduce the exact conditions required to cause it so you're wrong about them ignoring it and simply letting it continue to exist. They haven't been able to isolate and reproduce those exact conditions but to this day they encourage players to provide as much information with in game bug reports to help them identify the triggers. You can cast whatever aspersions you wish about their coding and QA skills for not being able to fix it but your dead wrong in claiming they are sitting on their hands with regards to that bug. The same can be said about several of the other bugs.

Why don't they remove features, quests, pursuits etc until they are bug ridden?They have in fact shut down an entire map in the past because of this but the bottom line is that if they remove bugged content from the game it makes it more difficult to figure out what might be causing the bugs. A lot of the bugs you mentioned are pretty trivial. My biggest issue now in terms of performance is the latency problems we now have on the PC servers which are far more substantial. I'd rather have them throw whatever they can muster in terms of resources to address that performance issue over annoying bugs.

The forums 80 % of crying and insulting the devs. I don't really know anymore if its liberalism or just another example of their ignorance.The provenance of entitlement is not exclusive to "liberalism". Trying to attribute it as such when it comes to a video game is very weak and illustrates a streak of pettiness. It's also ironic coming from an F2P player since, rightly or wrongly, F2P players are the ones generally viewed as the players with overinflated sense of entitlement from F2P games.

The statement about ignorance is also ironic considering who is making it. Many of the players complaining have invested money to purchase the game and purchased items from the Bit Store to support the Company. It's not unreasonable for a consumer to have certain expectations about a product when they actually pay money for it. It is in fact a governing principle of the consumer market. Buy-to-play PS3 players in particular have the most to complain about and only the most ignorant posters on the forum would challenge that statement.

One thing is crying about bugs, feature changes etc. but crying about cheats? I talked about I hate cheating in pvp earlier. The thing is here players cheat in pve too and devs letting them. There are numerous ways to cheat in pve like the one which don't exist now is when you show up at an event and kill one mob and move on still get the reward the devs changed it i don't even know it was intentional or just accidentally and the event key farming, the spawn point farming with explosion weapons, the tier 2 box farming for arkforge, the starting area afk-ing after new update and getting money after new players the inviting in new players in finished instances, the co-op map shortcuting and there are numerous more ways. So it's not just the ignorance of the developer team but this game is full of cheaters, exploiters.All this shows is that you have no idea what the definition of cheating or exploiting is. Nothing you mentioned is cheating. They are all legitimate uses of knowledge of game mechanics that are or were functioning as intended by the developers. If you don't understand the difference then you're beyond ignorant. Lacking the capacity and knowledge to carry on an intelligent exchange about changes in game design, which are acknowledged as such by no less than the Senior Producer, Lead Developer and the Community Manager, and falsely and ignorantly characterizing them as actions to address "cheating" renders any opinion you may have on the matter uninformed and without value, which is one reason among many as to why it's highly unlikely your presence will be missed by anyone with a modicum of intelligence who is in touch with the reality of what is actually going on in this game.

Ruinne
08-14-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm the kind of guy who wants to watch the world burn, it's interesting.
I'm the guy with a lawn chair and a box of beer at a train wreck.
I'll be the guy walking the streets during the zombie apocalypse trying to find a brain to eat.

I have to say, I feel fine.

3rdpig
08-14-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm the kind of guy who wants to watch the world burn, it's interesting.
I'm the guy with a lawn chair and a box of beer at a train wreck.
I'll be the guy walking the streets during the zombie apocalypse trying to find a brain to eat.

I have to say, I feel fine.

I'm the kind of guy who likes a target rich environment. But killing is only half the fun, looting the bodies is the other half.

If the bodies don't have decent loot, I only feel half fine.