PDA

View Full Version : Leave the designated phrase if you want the toxicity in the forums to be cleaned up

AceRimmer
08-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Seeing someone create a thread called "STOP" and then getting attacked by a lot of forum people, I thought we need to send a ...petition if you will, to Trion, or the mods.

Simply put:
If you feel the forum has become too toxic and full of trolls and hatred, instead of constructive, respectful arguments, just copy and paste the following highlighted words as a reply " This forum needs better moderation" after a week passes, I will send the list of replies to a super mod, to let them know that the forums need changing for the better, by having a permanent mod presence who delete toxic topics and replies instantly, rather than leaving it build and build.

I'm not here to discuss how they will clean up the forums, that is up to them.

Don't write anything else if you agree, just the highlighted phrase, otherwise it'll be difficult to count the positive replies.
And if people start to attack this thread, they'll just be adding fuel to the toxic fire, by precisely showing the mods exactly what is going wrong, and by whom.

If you want to be angry, be angry as it's understandable, but why not create 1 specific thread to discuss all your grievances, instead of turning innocent threads into a slanging, completely off topic, match.

P.S in case this thread becomes toxic, instead of respectful, I will not, i repeat not read any replies until a week has passed, and any toxicity will be seen by the mods.
For the love we all have, and had for Defiance, let's clean up the forums.

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Petitions are against the COC.

Griffix8
08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Um petitions aren't allowed on the forums.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Forums aren't nearly toxic enough. I hardly ever read anything shocking or upsetting anymore unless I'm the one who wrote it.

*EDIT: I'M KIDDING! Before we all get in trouble for a dubious discussion.

stefb42
08-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Wouldn't this be considered as moderating other users which is also against the CoC? I dunno shrugs

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Discussion of moderation is also against the COC.
This post was not meant in any way to be a discussion of moderation.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Discussion of moderation is also against the COC.
This post was not meant in any way to be a discussion of moderation.

Agree! Mine either, was meant as a jest and in no way offers guidance on what anyone else should be doing.

konstantinov
08-13-2014, 04:22 PM
http://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/aem-59/93936d1383713925-e85-fuel-map-ems-4-cat_facepalm_by_janora00-d54g4kw-jpg

CM Kiwibird
08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Hey there guys - friendly reminder here. Petitions aren't allowed on the forums. Here's a link to the forum rules: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158366-Official-Defiance-Forum-Rules

If you see a violation, especially something toxic, then press the report button on the bottom left hand side of the post. The moderation team will take care of it.

Closing this thread now.