PDA

View Full Version : Saddest incursion ever

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Earlier tonight, about 2 hours ago, I was doing the Madera incursion, got there about halfway through the emergencies. Not many people there, about 6-7. We got to Kenn Farm, a few more showed up but most of them were low levels. Not many people in my clan were on at the time to call over there.

Level 4 came, hulkers came. By the end of the incursion we HAD NOT KILLED EITHER ONE. I believe we had just started level 7 when the timer ran out.

It was pathetic. At the end there were 13 of us and the bottom 4 players had practically no score. And one of the hulkers was still alive after the scoreboard so we had to go back out there and take him out.

Also super annoying was that at my 5896 EGO level, both hulkers locked onto me and I was downed twice before I finally gave up and ran into the barn to wait it out. I can't remember the last time I was downed at a friggin' Kenn Farm incursion, for crying out loud! This whole crapola thing of the highest ego player drawing all the agro is just that, pure crapola. I don't really notice it often but the low population and other players being so much below my level really made it obvious. I can handle one hulker no problem but being tag teamed by BOTH of them is ridiculous.

Back to the main point, what the HECK is going on to have so few people show up to this thing anyway? Are the shards so limited to a small number of players in each? If that's the case then they need to be reworked so they make sense with only 10-15 people there. This event was designed originally with MANY more players to be involved, I've been at these when at least 40-50 arkhunters were participating.

Bottom line, it wasn't fun and something that used to be one of my favorite events is pretty much ruined if this is how they're going to play out now. I didn't like it. So here I am playing the forums instead of playing the game. Is that what you wanted, Trion?

Kuurong
08-13-2014, 08:49 PM
I have had a few events where I will see 5k+ egos standing around while I pulled all aggro from every Bomber and Trooper within range, and I'm only 4,700 ego.. I don't think Aggro is based on ego rating, but damage received by target player, I run with a lot of High DPS smgs or Detenators.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 08:52 PM
I have had a few events where I will see 5k+ egos standing around while I pulled all aggro from every Bomber and Trooper within range, and I'm only 4,700 ego.. I don't think Aggro is based on ego rating, but damage received by target player, I run with a lot of High DPS smgs or Detenators.

I believe it's both EGO and DPS actually but only a Dev can say for sure. There was a discussion thread about it months ago and I'm just not going to go looking for it.

And I did shoot both hulkers of course, but I always do that! There were others shooting them too but they keyed on me big time and while I don't completely suck, that was just too much. They crushed my head and I got mad instead of having fun. What a bummer.

Telemachus
08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Did one last week and a similar thing happened. I'm over 5k ego, and had two hulkers focused on my character, they were still not down until about 10 minutes after the scoreboard.

I shot both also, but focus on one and just tag the other, then after that one goes down, deal with the last.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Did one last week and a similar thing happened. I'm over 5k ego, and had two hulkers focused on my character, they were still not down until about 10 minutes after the scoreboard.

Weird. If I'm right and shard population limits have been reduced then I guess I just won't do any more incursions. Or I'll just tag it and sit in the barn until the timer runs out to get my 7th legion contracts done. So yeah, that's fun...

konstantinov
08-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Weird. If I'm right and shard population limits have been reduced then I guess I just won't do any more incursions. Or I'll just tag it and sit in the barn until the timer runs out to get my 7th legion contracts done. So yeah, that's fun...

I've seen more people at incursions in the wee hours of the night.

Kuurong
08-13-2014, 08:57 PM
I believe it's both EGO and DPS actually but only a Dev can say for sure. There was a discussion thread about it months ago and I'm just not going to go looking for it.

And I did shoot both hulkers of course, but I always do that! There were others shooting them too but they keyed on me big time and while I don't completely suck, that was just too much. They crushed my head and I got mad instead of having fun. What a bummer.

I understand what you mean, but having more then 1 bomber on you with their highly over spammed homing bombs. I'm glad I had a heal stim to pop when I get below 33% health.

Telemachus
08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
I've always played between 3 am - 8 am PST normally, it's a little lower pop then in the past.

cmpowell
08-13-2014, 09:17 PM
did a SF volge incursion by myself earlier. 3 more players showed after it got to the bathhouse. this was about 2 hours ago. been meaning to do a mt tam today just to see how many newbies show. they were piling in at the earth republic yesterday

Maixx
08-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I ran a mutant incursion last night, out of around 20 people on the score board i was the only one to break 10k. I had someone giving me crap for doing an incursion in the nube zone, apparently just being there (@5500 E) made it far harder on the new guys, and pissed a few off.

Later i jumped on my 1500E to get the daily rewards and tried an Arkfall, 1 other person a 5k @ the minor w/ me, damn that was a b*tch, those guys weren't kidding.

WTF?

cmpowell
08-13-2014, 09:49 PM
not trying to be rude, but I could give a d*** if they don't like me at the mt tam incursion. I waited for what seems like forever for them to fix it because it used to be fun and have Tons of ppl at it and it's part of one of my Paid dlc's besides it makes it feel like theres other things to do in the game. if it's no fun for them tuff

Atticus Batman
08-13-2014, 09:54 PM
{Snip}

Back to the main point, what the HECK is going on to have so few people show up to this thing anyway? Are the shards so limited to a small number of players in each? If that's the case then they need to be reworked so they make sense with only 10-15 people there. This event was designed originally with MANY more players to be involved, I've been at these when at least 40-50 arkhunters were participating.

Bottom line, it wasn't fun and something that used to be one of my favorite events is pretty much ruined if this is how they're going to play out now. I didn't like it. So here I am playing the forums instead of playing the game. Is that what you wanted, Trion?

I've noticed severl vets on Xbox don't even try at incursions or Arfalls anymore, if they even bother showing up. Those that I have talked to about it, responded with, "Why bother when the rewards where crushed into the ground?"

toasted
08-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Earlier tonight, about 2 hours ago, I was doing the Madera incursion, got there about halfway through the emergencies. Not many people there, about 6-7. We got to Kenn Farm, a few more showed up but most of them were low levels. Not many people in my clan were on at the time to call over there.

Level 4 came, hulkers came. By the end of the incursion we HAD NOT KILLED EITHER ONE. I believe we had just started level 7 when the timer ran out.

It was pathetic. At the end there were 13 of us and the bottom 4 players had practically no score. And one of the hulkers was still alive after the scoreboard so we had to go back out there and take him out.

Also super annoying was that at my 5896 EGO level, both hulkers locked onto me and I was downed twice before I finally gave up and ran into the barn to wait it out. I can't remember the last time I was downed at a friggin' Kenn Farm incursion, for crying out loud! This whole crapola thing of the highest ego player drawing all the agro is just that, pure crapola. I don't really notice it often but the low population and other players being so much below my level really made it obvious. I can handle one hulker no problem but being tag teamed by BOTH of them is ridiculous.

I had an exactly similar experience yesterday earlier in the afternoon, and I almost thought you were referring to the same battle I was in. I'm still fairly new to the game, only playing for a couple weeks, but managed to get up to about 900 EGO since that time.

But the exact same thing happened, at the Barn too. After the event ended, both Hulkers were still mulling around. It took the team literally 20 minutes to take down one of the hulkers with only about half health remaining. Suffice to say, it only dropped one white item, and I just left the area in disgust before the second one was killed. The time/reward was pretty abysmal for the investment in the event.

As a result, I'm skeptical to even participate in large scale events. Whats the point of battling that long to end up with hardly any reward? I agree though, these seem to be scaled for alot more people than were present at the time.

Dinova
08-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Often when i join a incursion or alike and there are a few around, the moment my threath goes 10, i'm out. I dont got the health/shield, nor the firepower to have any change against those stupid high HP mobs.

With 5-7 around my EGO (1500) we go around 4-6 threat, thats doable and still able to finish.

Bentu
08-14-2014, 02:45 AM
what the heck is going on?

People are leaving/left in thier droves and yet Trion will continue to keep thier head in the sand and plough on regardless.