PDA

View Full Version : A simple solution to future land expansions - co-op maps

Escyos
08-14-2014, 01:06 AM
There are hundreds of nearby areas to use such as Sacremento, Vegas, Yuma, Calexico, AngelArc, Yosemite Valley, My-Vytra etc.

Also maybe do away with the Gulanite mine/EMC bunker and give us a Hellbug hive or Volge colony. Maybe a forest with treetop villages or an abandoned town.

Instance maps would not tie up the server and would open up the world. Small places like that could be more easily made and put out.

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Defiance is dying thanks to the recent changes.
The DEVS hardly read & only post politically correct statements, ignoring the facts.

Unfortunately this means they will probably never release another landmass.
ESPECIALLY if the TV series get no season 3/is cancelled.

Escyos
08-14-2014, 01:58 AM
The DEVS hardly read & only post politically correct statements, ignoring the facts.

You have great ideas, I wish to subscribe to your magazine.

Seriously, go ruin another thread.

DIS
08-14-2014, 02:21 AM
There are hundreds of nearby areas to use such as Sacremento, Vegas, Yuma, Calexico, AngelArc, Yosemite Valley, My-Vytra etc.

Also maybe do away with the Gulanite mine/EMC bunker and give us a Hellbug hive or Volge colony. Maybe a forest with treetop villages or an abandoned town.

Instance maps would not tie up the server and would open up the world. Small places like that could be more easily made and put out.

As much as I , too, would love to see things like this. Unfortunately, I don't think they will do much more expanding any time soon. I am basing my opinion on the fact that it took a year and a half to get Silicon Valley. Let's face it Silicon Valley is no great expansion, it is little more than a color enhanced copy paste of San Francisco. The only really NEW thing thy added were the "Invasions" which feel a lot like what the "Incursions" should have been in the first place.

But, here's hoping they improve their improvements.

WhiteKnight019
08-14-2014, 03:35 AM

The Dev's have already stated that if the show gets cancelled they will still put out content.

Putting in instance maps would be a good idea, but they would be vastly limited in scope though. I know we have some large co-op maps now but they are not as big as they could be. Unfortunately you'll get people who'll want these parts of the main map because they wouldn't be able to see active events running in these areas unless these areas would only be single mission based like the co-op maps, so that would limit their scope even further.