PDA

View Full Version : A Goodbye Thread (Please Sticky)

Amack
08-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Well, the time has come for me to bid farewell to one of my most favorite things about this game, and that would be the General Discussion topic section of the forums. We had many a good times together but alas it was not meant to last.

It is now run by a host of miserable, negative, self-entitled, unintelligent, short-sighted, near-minded, (did I mention miserable?) toxic, self-defeating, know-it-all, "minority" of fools. It is my belief that these fools are purposely trying to kill the General Discussion topic section so that Trion can shut down the servers!!!

From now on, my frequent visiting and trolling of the forums will be strictly limited to the Server Status, Patch Notes, Bug Reports and Issues, News and Announcements, Dev Tracker, PTS, and Off Topic sections. I shall never again visit my once favorite section simply because there is no longer any reason to do so, since the rewards suxxor!

I am not alone either! I have spoken to many other players who feel the same way I do.
I wish you all the best of luck in the General Topic discussion section. If I and many others feel this way, then imagine how the devs and community managers probably feel? Keep asking why they don't listen to you while you spout mindless noise from your faces. Whining, crying, and sobbing over the same things day in and day out even when the issues have been addressed. I am sure this direction of actions will work out just fine for you all in the end.

Yes, this is a thread complaining about complaining. It is a thread whining about whining. A thread crying over crying! What? You have a problem with that? Well then...

http://i62.tinypic.com/ekgk5y.jpg

08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
It is my belief that these fools are purposely trying to kill the General Discussion topic section so that Trion can shut down the servers!!!

You are wrong. General Discussion does not shut down servers. The only one causing that is Tryin.

Whining, crying, and sobbing over the same things day in and day out even when the issues have been addressed.

Ugh, a troll thread. Ah well. Tryin isn't solving anything at the moment. Just pushing players away.

Holy Bahamut3
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
We all knew this was coming when they announced F2P...

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 08:05 AM
We all knew this was coming when they announced F2P...

AFFIRMATIVE!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92kw4tNqu1qzirqxo1_400.gif

Kyosji
08-14-2014, 08:06 AM
I was fine when it went F2P, but when it hit P2W, meh.

drackiller
08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Well, the time has come for me to bid farewell to one of my most favorite things about this game, and that would be the General Discussion topic section of the forums. We had many a good times together but alas it was not meant to last.

It is now run by a host of miserable, negative, self-entitled, unintelligent, short-sighted, near-minded, (did I mention miserable?) toxic, self-defeating, know-it-all, "minority" of fools. It is my belief that these fools are purposely trying to kill the General Discussion topic section so that Trion can shut down the servers!!!

From now on, my frequent visiting and trolling of the forums will be strictly limited to the Server Status, Patch Notes, Bug Reports and Issues, News and Announcements, Dev Tracker, PTS, and Off Topic sections. I shall never again visit my once favorite section simply because there is no longer any reason to do so, since the rewards suxxor!

I am not alone either! I have spoken to many other players who feel the same way I do.
I wish you all the best of luck in the General Topic discussion section. If I and many others feel this way, then imagine how the devs and community managers probably feel? Keep asking why they don't listen to you while you spout mindless noise from your faces. Whining, crying, and sobbing over the same things day in and day out even when the issues have been addressed. I am sure this direction of actions will work out just fine for you all in the end.

Yes, this is a thread complaining about complaining. It is a thread whining about whining. A thread crying over crying! What? You have a problem with that? Well then...

http://i62.tinypic.com/ekgk5y.jpg

So, what you are saying is, shortly, that you are the only one that have the right to be funny about stuff, the only one that can criticize because you know better than others,etc, etc??
And it seems that in your way of thinking, you are also the only one that can change is mind about the game about a thousand times since it`s first post on this forum.
I like you Amak, but you change your mind faster than some people take a bath or change is shirts.

Stay cool, stay brave or whatever you feel...

Amack
08-14-2014, 08:17 AM

You might be right Drac. Of course, you might be wrong too. Maybe I just wanted 2,500 posts. We will never know! ;)

Bentu
08-14-2014, 08:18 AM
I shall never again visit my once favorite section simply because there is no longer any reason to do so, since the rewards suxxor!

You want to make your mind up, your either leaving because of this or the whinging. What's it going to be?

drackiller
08-14-2014, 08:19 AM
You might be right Drac. Of course, you might be wrong too. Maybe I just wanted 2,500 posts. We will never know! ;)

Never the less, i like you. But we can disagree, right?
Still love you m8.

ironcladtrash
08-14-2014, 08:25 AM
So, what you are saying is, shortly, that you are the only one that have the right to be funny about stuff, the only one that can criticize because you know better than others,etc, etc??
And it seems that in your way of thinking, you are also the only one that can change is mind about the game about a thousand times since it`s first post on this forum.
I like you Amak, but you change your mind faster than some people take a bath or change is shirts.

Stay cool, stay brave or whatever you feel...

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I decided awhile and have stuck with it I am not going to argue against anyone's opinion. Everyone is entitled has different view points and it can be enlightening. The only thing that really bothers me though is when someone comes across as their opinion is the only one that mattes and everyone else is wrong.

Bentu
Maybe I just wanted 2,500 posts.*

That seems a good enough reason, maybe joining you soon then.

jackdaws_1999
I sincerly hope the "whining" comment wasnt about my leaving thread? I also sincerly hope the comment about them fixing the "issues" with this game was sarcasm... Maybe for you pc players, but on the console, they have concentrated on nerfs and balancing, and ignored the VAST array of issues that STILL plague the console version today... so much so, I left the game...

I agree, complaining about the same stuff day in and day out gets annoying, and it can be off putting to new players, but experiencing the same problems day in and day out also gets annoying... and off putting to new and old players alike. I have said it many many many times before, I love this game, I love the community, I dont like the company or the direction they have chosen to take the game... come to the darkside, play the console for a while, then come back to me and tell me we dont have every right to be peeved and annoyed.

Amack, we all love you, but Drac is correct, you change hats as quick as I change guns... sometimes you change hats in the middle of a post... sometimes the middle of a sentance... not managed to do it in a word yet... But I have faith in you amakybaby :P

Amack
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
No Jack, it had nothing to do with you. I enjoy most of your posts, I find your analogies very humorous.
I know this game and the company have their faults, many faults to be precise, but I just don't see the point in exercising futility by filling the entire first page of General Discussion with mostly rants. I know it makes us feel better to vent our frustrations, but wouldn't going and playing another game accomplish the same goal? Wouldn't it show some maturity if we did not try to drag the community and the game into our pit of sorrow?

Let's just take the example of "They want to kill the game so they can shut down the servers". People post this theory because they are unhappy. I get it. This is self-defeating though. If Trion actually did want to kill this game (which I know for a fact is false) then those posts are actually helping Trion accomplish their goal. They do not want to kill this game. That is nuts.

The devs have repeatedly worked with me when I have found issues. They spend time to do so. They would not waste man-hours and payroll going back and forth with me if they wanted to kill the game.

drackiller
08-14-2014, 08:42 AM
No Jack, it had nothing to do with you. I enjoy most of your posts, I find your analogies very humorous.
I know this game and the company have their faults, many faults to be precise, but I just don't see the point in exercising futility by filling the entire first page of General Discussion with mostly rants. I know it makes us feel better to vent our frustrations and whatnot, but wouldn't going and playing another game accomplish the same goal? Wouldn't it show some maturity if we did not try to drag the community and that game into our pit of sorrow?

Let's just take the example of "They want to kill the game so they can shut down the servers". People post this theory because they are unhappy. I get it. This is self-defeating though. Those posts are actually helping Trion accomplish their goal, if in fact they actually did want to kill the game, which I know for a fact is false, they do not want to kill this game. That is nuts.

The devs have repeatedly worked with me when I have found issues. They spend time to do so. They would not waste man-hours and payroll going back and forth with me if they wanted to kill the game.
I agree with you that there are are some threads that...nevermind, but they have followers.
I like positive criticism, but threads tend to degenerate.

And some of the new playas are the toxic waste, comming here saying that we are the waste...

ironcladtrash
08-14-2014, 08:49 AM
I know it makes us feel better to vent our frustrations, but wouldn't going and playing another game accomplish the same goal?

This is why a lot of us are still here and what adds to the level of frustration. There is no other game like this. It's not like WOW that has a million clones. Firefall is the closest game and even then there are too many differences.

Amack
08-14-2014, 09:01 AM
I know Ironclad. I've gotten frustrated more than once, that is for sure.
What you say is true. There are no other games like this, to date. Trion knows that, and they bank on that more than they should in my opinion. We can't change it though by posting some of the things we do. We really can't.

After F2P landed on PC I was lagging out and disconnecting like crazy. Sure, I wanted to go all spastic and post things that made little to no sense, but instead I contacted the devs directly to prove to them there were lag issues beyond the players control that needed to be addressed. They actually responded and we went back and forth for weeks. To be entirely honest, some of the lag/dc issues have been brought back with the addition of SV to the main map. Nothing like it was prior, but still worse than it was with SV separated. I have learned now that these are not network issues. If I get DC'd or lag out at an event, I will log back in and work on finding a different shard to play on. This will fix my issues 99% of the time.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-14-2014, 09:03 AM
why are you responding to this thread amack...you retired from this section..i keep seeing last posted by Amack in the general discussion threads....thought you were done!

TalynOne
08-14-2014, 09:05 AM
LOL, can we sticky all goodbye threads? That'd be hilarious.

Amack
08-14-2014, 09:08 AM
why are you responding to this thread amack...you retired from this section..i keep seeing last posted by Amack in the general discussion threads....thought you were done!

I'm bored for one, but mainly because a few people who I respect have posted and I wish to address them with actual intelligent conversation.

If it was not entirely clear to everyone in my OP, I was merely trying to get some people to open their eyes to reality, and to also find the irony and humor in what we have come to witness in this section lately.

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
All things being equal, I thought the addition of the Human Torch "flame on" in the OP was a nice touch.

08-14-2014, 09:16 AM
If it was not entirely clear to everyone in my OP, I was merely trying to get some people to open their eyes to reality, and to also find the irony and humor in what we have come to witness in this section lately.

Did notice, just a bit late. So glad we have irony and humor. Although I prefer sarcasm.

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 09:19 AM

I have to admit I was offended by this. Hard to see exactly where you're going unless you're just trying to get everyone upset.

I know you can be cryptic but labeling everyone like that is not going to win people over to your point of view. If it was meant to be ironic or sarcastic or funny I guess I didn't get it...

Amack
08-14-2014, 09:24 AM
I have to admit I was offended by this. Hard to see exactly where you're going unless you're just trying to get everyone upset.

I know you can be cryptic but labeling everyone like that is not going to win people over to your point of view. If it was meant to be ironic or sarcastic or funny I guess I didn't get it...

I was sure it would possibly offend some people, yet not others. Just as I am sure this thread will be eventually closed. The question people should ask themselves though, is why it would offend some people, and yet not everyone?

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 09:29 AM
You're worse than the Kardashians. You're more flip flop than Rainbow flip flops.

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I was sure it would possibly offend some people, yet not others. Just as I am sure this thread will be eventually closed. The question people should ask themselves though, is why it would offend some people, and yet not everyone?

Well that's like asking why people aren't all exactly the same. Would you like to peruse my childhood baggage?

TalynOne
08-14-2014, 09:39 AM

Amack has always had this twisted logic about Trion. It's like he and Trion are in a co-dependent abusive relationship but when his friends or the cops show up to make him realize what's happening he blames the messenger because Trion said they have good communication and are working on being a better person, and you don't really know them. He even said that if Defiance shuts down it's solely because of people who are voicing their frustrations, that twisted logic...

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 09:43 AM
This thread just screams I want attention.

Amack
08-14-2014, 09:44 AM
You're worse than the Kardashians. You're more flip flop than Rainbow flip flops.

I am a die hard fan of this game. I will be a die hard fan of this game until the end. I am not a die hard fan of Trion, nor will I ever be. When I try to help them, I am not trying to help them as a company, but I am trying to help them make the game better.

Many people were not around and/or have conveniently forgotten about how Trion approached this game a year ago but I do not. I remember how terrible it was. I remember how bad the communication and transparency was. I remember the lies and deceit. I do not forget those things, yet I am able to recognize the 180 degree turn around since then, and I am able to show my appreciation for such things.

I am naturally introverted and shy in real life. I avoid attention if at all possible. I want nothing more than to blend in and to not be noticed. Those same things apply here. I am however not scared of attention and will endure it if necessary.

I do find it amusing how you say this in my thread, but do not propose the idea in any other thread. After all, what is the point of creating threads if not to get attention?

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 09:48 AM

I WANT ATTENTION!

Oh you're right, I feel so much better now.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 09:53 AM
I am a die hard fan of this game. I will be a die hard fan of this game until the end. I am not a die hard fan of Trion, nor will I ever be. When I try to help them, I am not trying to help them as a company, but I am trying to help them make the game better.

Many people were not around and/or have conveniently forgotten about how Trion approached this game a year ago but I do not. I remember how terrible it was. I remember how bad the communication and transparency was. I remember the lies and deceit. I do not forget those things, yet I am able to recognize the 180 degree turn around since then, and I am able to show my appreciation for such things.

I am naturally introverted and shy in real life. I avoid attention if at all possible. I want nothing more than to blend in and to not be noticed. Those same things apply here. I am however not scared of attention and will endure it if necessary.

I do find it amusing how you say this in my thread, but do not propose this idea in any other thread. After all, what is the point of creating threads if not to get attention?

I can respect that.

I WANT ATTENTION!

Oh you're right, I feel so much better now.

Well I'm glad you feel better now.

KasperSheitup
08-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Godspeed Amack!

N3gativeCr33p
08-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Don't forget... she's a faker. ;)

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 10:09 AM

Touché monsieur.

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 10:33 AM

hey. HEY!

Touché monsieur.
TOUCHE THIS

LOL kiddin...

PunkMaister
08-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Oh brother, yes because posting the truth that a company is not doing well by it's customers is gong t case it'demise by that lie of thinking you would eat arsenic burgers and get angry at those that complain about it.

Tsort
08-14-2014, 11:59 AM
But Amack..... .......... ................
*violins kick in as I stand sobbing at the end of the train station platform, a handkerchief raised to my cheek streaming with cold tears, while the wind blows into my hair. Thus fate has it that we will never elope. And so it is written, and so it shall come to pass. Fare thee well, Amack, my sweet prince...*
...... ........... .................... I LOVE YOU!

*roll credits*

eirich_liath
08-14-2014, 12:06 PM
I thought goodbye threads were naughty

Amack, we haven't always seen eye to eye.
Most of the time we did though.

Remembering some of our conversations makes me smile.
Even the ones where we disagreed.
But, The Company has only itself to blame for the toxicity on the forums.

alienstookmybeer
08-14-2014, 12:21 PM
If only you had thought this and it's wide-reaching implications through, Amack. I hear they're going to have to cut back Tyrannos to part-time now.

Why this not stickied yet?

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Yep I quit too, TRION has gone mad.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 02:45 PM
They are far more likely to Lock or delete this thread than sticky it. You ,are savvy enough to know goodbuy threads are against the rules my friend. I can't say I blame you.

You can always change your mind again right?
Until then,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqUyNaSdvg

Amack
08-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Don't worry Bonehead, after my hiatus, I am now BACK!

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:05 PM
All things being equal, I thought the addition of the Human Torch "flame on" in the OP was a nice touch.

I liked it too!

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:07 PM

Good question, too deep for me though.

For the record;

I was not offended.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Well that's like asking why people aren't all exactly the same. Would you like to peruse my childhood baggage?

I will if it's pink.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
I am a die hard fan of this game. I will be a die hard fan of this game until the end. I am not a die hard fan of Trion, nor will I ever be.

I can relate.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:12 PM

+10 interbutts and

http://blog.pubslush.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/cartoon-trophy-gold-1057.png

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 03:16 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy3_zps5477336f.gif

Copperpot
08-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Not bumping this anymore Bone?

Amack
08-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Interesting that the thread was never closed... I find that highly amusing.

dramaQkarri
08-15-2014, 01:32 PM

It certainly is!

I will if it's pink. (Bonehead refering to my childhood baggage)

It's not pink. More like kind of sepia-toned tinged with confusion and small, petty resentments.

RAGEFIGHTER
08-15-2014, 01:34 PM
gimme all your items who ever leaves :)

Bonehead
08-15-2014, 02:46 PM
small, petty resentments.

I LOVE those!!!

Bonehead
08-15-2014, 02:48 PM

I find it inconsistent and arbitrary, somewhat interesting and minty fresh.

Copperpot
08-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I find it inconsistent and arbitrary, somewhat interesting and minty fresh.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/mentos-commercial.jpg

JEMINAI
08-16-2014, 05:42 PM
perhaps if the veterans weren't insulted we could have offered some help and guidence to newcomers.

Bentu
08-16-2014, 05:54 PM
gimme all your items who ever leaves :)

I gave a load of gear away today and the recipient was very great full.

Tsort
08-17-2014, 05:29 AM
First time I read that, I read it as "... after my hiatus, I am now BLACK!"