PDA

View Full Version : When will mics work?

Dee Mann
08-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Trion when will the mics be working? Some players chat don't work they have to go to chat history to read messages when will this be fixed? No one should spend a dime on this game until the basic form of communication can be fixed. My mic and chat worked fine before Silicon Valley came out.

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 09:38 AM
GREAT question. It would be really great to hear a status report today.

Treasurekins
08-14-2014, 10:17 AM
The last two nights, since F2P, we (the vets) have listened helplessly while the F2P people are chatting in our ears. We are unable to communicate with them verbally but we can use text chat - at least some of us can. Some still don't have a chat window. Poor guy on last night was talking up a storm to us while we had to type. I was helping the new guy with contracts and had to continually stop to type. This is really a bad way to introduce a game to someone. I was also in a coop with 3 less than 300 people last night. I was trying to get them to follow me to the data recorders etc. but nobody did, most likely because they do not have their chat windows set up properly. Why might that be? Maybe because they do not have anybody to tell them how to do it via voice chat.

Seriously, how long do we need to wait? People are leaving this game in droves because of this. We would seriously like someone to address this situation. We DO NOT want to be told that the problem is "intermittent" because it is not.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-14-2014, 10:18 AM
answer soon maybe....

Amack
08-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I would like to try and help but I don't own a console nor do I work for Trion so my options are limited.
There is one difference I would like to point out between a console free to play player and someone who has been playing the game previously. A fresh install. I do not know for sure how the config and game files are stored on a console but has anyone tried (I know this is painful) to delete all the data for Defiance and then try to re-install it the way that a F2P player would? I also understand players should not have to do this and it is Trion's responsibility to fix it properly but I just figured I would throw that out there.

duction
08-14-2014, 10:41 AM
hello? can we have an update please.

CM Kiwibird
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Hey there everyone - we've been submitting information to the developers regarding this issue. If you have any information that may help, please do PM it to me.

dramaQkarri
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
I would like to try and help but I don't own a console nor do I work for Trion so my options are limited.
There is one difference I would like to point out between a console free to play player and someone who has been playing the game previously. A fresh install. I do not know for sure how the config and game files are stored on a console but has anyone tried (I know this is painful) to delete all the data for Defiance and then try to re-install it the way that a F2P player would? I also understand players should not have to do this and it is Trion's responsibility to fix it properly but I just figured I would throw that out there.

You know what? I'll try it tonight. It's been awhile and trying to play just gets me all mad anyway.

I'll report back in about 9 hours as to how it went and if it helped.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-14-2014, 10:47 AM
this is a server side issue i downloaded defiance on my ps3 and never had it on ps3 so its a server problem because if was client side the new download should have work maybe

Sliverbaer
08-14-2014, 10:49 AM
I loaded up PS3 last night with download instead of disc and had no problem hearing people breathing into their mics in area chat. Little mic icon above their head blinking and everything.

CM Kiwibird
08-14-2014, 10:52 AM
I loaded up PS3 last night with download instead of disc and had no problem hearing people breathing into their mics in area chat. Little mic icon above their head blinking and everything.

Anyone else have this experience?

xxdarkxwarxx
08-14-2014, 11:02 AM
i didnt not have the disk for ps3 i just downloaded the f2p game from the store and i was not getting any voice chat ill try again now and will update you

Jonas Boomer
08-14-2014, 11:03 AM
i was thinking of doing this later tonight instead of re-installing from the disc.

but if someone else does this sooner than I'm able to please post the results

The Lady
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM

But could they hear you. We can all hear the new people talk to each other, but they can't hear us.

TwiztdDreamz
08-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Yes, I was able to hear area chat. I can hear them all but no one can hear me. I know for a fact 4 of the people I play with paid for the game, none of our mics work. This is weird tho, I have a friend who bought the game, he lives in the uk, but plays on the na servers. He could chat just fine. We all have the digital version of the game.

Sliverbaer
08-14-2014, 11:11 AM
These are the specifics they need to know in order to narrow down the issue :-)

I can try again tonight.

The Lady
08-14-2014, 11:13 AM
I bought it from the PS store and several of my friends have the disk, none of us can be heard. One of the disk boys was going to download it from the store today to see if it fixed his problem. I'll let ya'll know if it works for him.

KILLSHOT707
08-14-2014, 11:19 AM

Yes both the clans I am in can not talk to other clan mates.

The Lady
08-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Reinstalling the game does not fix the chat problem. I have two clan mates that tried it and it didn't work for either of them.

CM Kiwibird
08-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes, I was able to hear area chat. I can hear them all but no one can hear me. I know for a fact 4 of the people I play with paid for the game, none of our mics work. This is weird tho, I have a friend who bought the game, he lives in the uk, but plays on the na servers. He could chat just fine. We all have the digital version of the game.

This is good information. If anyone else has any other experiences, please share them within this thread.

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 11:40 AM

No I have one ps3 with a downloaded version and 2 with disks. None work with the older PSN ids,but I have a newer PSN id and I have been able to talk to other players with that one on all 3 units,but I still can't hear anyone on them.
So I believe The PSN id has something to do with it.

edispilfnairb
08-14-2014, 12:19 PM
This is good information. If anyone else has any other experiences, please share them within this thread.

Mics have not worked for 10 days. It stared when the patch with the color blind text was issued. All 30 people on my friends list that still log in have the same issue.

Sliverbaer
08-14-2014, 12:26 PM
No I have one ps3 with a downloaded version and 2 with disks. None work with the older PSN ids,but I have a newer PSN id and I have been able to talk to other players with that one on all 3 units,but I still can't hear anyone on them.
So I believe The PSN id has something to do with it.

Good stuff here.

To be clear, you have:

3 PS3s and 3 PSN IDs.

One PS3 with Digital, two with disc.

Two older PSN IDs can't chat on any of the PS3s.

New PSN ID can chat on any of your PS3s.

drackiller
08-14-2014, 12:26 PM
I have to be honest, i don`t use voice chat for various reasons, some of them being the noises that people make on purpose and giberish.
I downloaded the game yesterday from the store but i didn`t test it, so i can`t really say if it`s working or not.

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Good stuff here.

To be clear, you have:

3 PS3s and 3 PSN IDs.

One PS3 with Digital, two with disc.

Two older PSN IDs can't chat on any of the PS3s.

New PSN ID can chat on any of your PS3s.

yes,correct
but with the new Id, others can hear me but I can not hear them.(I have the clan mates jump if they can hear me)
The old Ids can't be heard or hear at all
This is true for all 3 PS3s

Amack
08-14-2014, 04:06 PM
If you are getting different results by using different IDs on the same PS system, then I would think that would verify it not being a client issue.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds like something is funky between the PSN ID and the Defiance server.

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 04:18 PM
If you are getting different results by using different IDs on the same PS system, then I would think that would verify it not being a client issue.
All I know is this is what I'm experiencing and the newer Id still only transmits it does not receive voice.
Trying to help get this fixed,I don't care whose issue it is,I just want working chat back.

Amack
08-14-2014, 04:24 PM
All I know is this is what I'm experiencing and the newer Id still only transmits it does not receive voice.
Trying to help get this fixed,I don't care whose issue it is,I just want working chat back

I understand. I think that is what we are all trying to do.

As others have mentioned, they can receive voice from the F2P players but not transmit. Your new ID seems to be the exact opposite. The quicker Trion is able to isolate the variables that might be causing such differences, the quicker they can get it fixed, or at least update everyone.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 04:25 PM

As others have mentioned, they can receive voice from the F2P players but not transmit. Your new ID seems to be the exact opposite. The quicker Trion is able to isolate the variables that might be causing such differences, the quicker they can get it fixed, or at least update everyone.

Everyone that was in the Defiance database has been muted it seems like. Voice privileges have been stripped.

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 04:40 PM

I hope my situation helps track it down. My clan is almost all family,and two have quit playing till it's fixed

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I hope my situation helps track it down. My clan is almost all family,and two have quit playing till it's fixed

Don't do it brobear!

PhantasieTrion
08-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Hi Everyone

We have made some good progress on this today. I, Kiwi, or Morganna should have an update shortly.

--Phantasie

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Don't do it brobear!

Yes Brobear is now playing DCUO until chat is fixed.He checks in now and then.

hardlinexwarrior
08-14-2014, 05:24 PM
ITS A MIRACLE!! Ten points for Griffindor! Thanks Trion for hearing us. Keep it up!

DEATHBRINGER210
08-14-2014, 08:08 PM
i have download copy as well