PDA

View Full Version : Can't change/customize chat tabs options. It's completely broken.

Tigercml
08-14-2014, 05:01 PM
On the PS3. I can't customize the chat tabs. When I click on a tab to customize all the options are completely broken. I scroll through area chat, zone clan, etc.. it jumps around. If I click one option it changes another. I want to set up a tab to show only rewards and I can't even select rewards on or off. It used to work and I had it set up before but now it's back to default and I'm having nothing but problems.

Is this happening on all platforms or for anyone else?

DIS
08-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I mentioned this in another thread and no one responded so I thought it was only me. I also PMed a dev about it and got no response. Glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
On the PS3. I can't customize the chat tabs. When I click on a tab to customize all the options are completely broken. I scroll through area chat, zone clan, etc.. it jumps around. If I click one option it changes another. I want to set up a tab to show only rewards and I can't even select rewards on or off. It used to work and I had it set up before but now it's back to default and I'm having nothing but problems.

Is this happening on all platforms or for anyone else?
yes this is happening on all platforms (xbox and PS3 mainly) pc does not have this problem if you are using the keyboard and mouse but use a controller its just as broken

rosetta_cd_29A
08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Eh, if you had edited your tabs before on PC it's still a little wonky but not totally ****ed up if you tinker around with it for a while. I know before i had 2 tabs and i could click them after pressing enter to focus the chat window to switch between them, but now this is not the case. Maybe i just gave up too soon, not sure. i was presented with tabs 3 and 4 and still cannot figure how to focus or return to my old tabs 1 and 2. Okay, no big deal i'll just change these new tabs, right ? Wrong. When i raised the slider (totally arbitrary with NO numbers or any thing to explain itself) to add tabs tab 3 and 4 lit up, but changing them added a new tab (now it displays 3 tabs, 3, 4 and a new one ?) which i named POO and tweaking tab 3 in the options changes the settings on this new POO tab... Yeah, it's kinda maddening dealing with the console-centric UI, but Armok help those with no mouse and keyboard, i don't want to even imagine the horror...

i just wanted to turn off zone chat because autism. A seperate tab just for rewards sounds like a novel idea, as i miss clan and group chat plenty when other stuff spams the chat but i am loath to mess with the settings again.

Tigercml
08-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I've never tried hooking up a mouse to the PS3. Can we even do that in this game? I know the keyboard works but a mouse i don't know. It sucks that I cant even select rewards on or off. It's currently set to off but I can't change it. So frustrating. That's all I want. I just want to turn it on.

Big Jack Shepard
08-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I've seen it.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-14-2014, 07:54 PM
I've seen it.

The horrors ?!?

Tigercml
08-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Are you looking into this?

DeadGhost
08-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone - yes, chat filter settings are currently super bust-o across all platforms if you're using a controller. I just checked in a fix for this a few minutes ago, so it should be in the next client patch.

In the meantime, it's still possible to adjust most of the settings with some fiddling - after a cursory sweep of the options in-game, it looks like only Officer Chat and Private Chat are truly 'stuck' (incidentally, toggling the "private chat" button will actually toggle the "rewards" filter for you) - but I'm sorry it's stuck the way that it is for the time being.

Tigercml
08-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone - yes, chat filter settings are currently super bust-o across all platforms if you're using a controller. I just checked in a fix for this a few minutes ago, so it should be in the next client patch.

In the meantime, it's still possible to adjust most of the settings with some fiddling - after a cursory sweep of the options in-game, it looks like only Officer Chat and Private Chat are truly 'stuck' (incidentally, toggling the "private chat" button will actually toggle the "rewards" filter for you) - but I'm sorry it's stuck the way that it is for the time being.

Thanks for the info. I'll mess around with it again later when I'm on.

DIS
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM

I love that term. This is how I am referring to any and all issues in this game or with this company from here on out. Sorry if you get yelled at for giving me my new favorite term because trust me, your co-workers are going to get SO sick of hearing that term after a little while.

DeadGhost
08-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Well, I wouldn't recommend using it for EVERYTHING. Surely you've heard the parable of "The Boy Who Cried Super Bust-o"?

Tigercml
08-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to confirm that clicking the Private option did in fact turn on Rewards. Thanks a lot Deadghost.

maverick07
08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Also, Group Chat cannot be seen on the tabs at all (should be at top of list), so looking at tabs you can't tell if it's on or not. And I'm not sure if we can toggle Group Chat on or off.