PDA

View Full Version : Where Have ALL the Arkhunters gone ???????

Pages : [1] 2

Dartaan
08-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Just did Kenn farm vaccine 3 people there counting myself.
Did a major arkfall 6 people there
Have not been at anything with a 10 threat level except co-ops since the patch.
I hate not having a working Mic. but still trying to play.
I know it's summer but it wasn't this bad last year.
Where are all the F2P players?
Did they put me and my clan on our own server?

djpowerade
08-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Gone to new games everyone LOL

BJWyler
08-14-2014, 06:05 PM

You are not alone - but you might as well be. The summer is not the cause. The changes to the game, and the attitude that the veteran core of players have received since patch 1.5 is the cause. Silicon Valley is all but a Ghost Town every time I am there. This is a new land expansion - something players have been begging for for over a year, and no one is there. If that doesn't speak volumes and finally gives the development team the slap in the face that wakes them up, then nothing will.

squidgod2000
08-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Logged in this evening and saw three major arkfalls and four sieges up at once. None of them had more than seven or eight people.

Guess that's how they decided to fix the lag/crit-outs from events--spread everyone out and keep the number of participants low.

AirRhino
08-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Shadow war number have also dropped a ton. Mainly due to repeat offenders who TRION refuses to take care of. Same goes for Co-op maps, seiges, and pretty much the game population in total.

Steam had a whopping total of 25 players on defiance today. Which is more then it had in the previous 2 days.

Though thankfully steam has been cracking down on VAC bans, and completely shutting down accounts. Which also helped eliminate some of the steam 3rd party tool users.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 07:16 PM
I was on today. AFK for about 2 hours worth.

DeadEye68
08-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Steam stats (not all accurate, I know)

PC peak population :

07/29 : 11.263
08/14 : 4.464

Fill the blanks. PC is definitely bleeding players..From what I've collected on the forums things don't look better on consoles.

konstantinov
08-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Steam stats (not all accurate, I know)

PC peak population :

07/29 : 11.263
08/14 : 4.464

Fill the blanks. PC is definitely bleeding players . From what I've collected on the forums things don't look better on consoles.

Geez that's quite the difference.

DeadEye68
08-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Geez that's quite the difference.

Let me put it that way. That's the same proportion as the "rebalanced rewards" ingame .... 60% less. Numbers have been eroding ever since encryption was announced. Wish we had similar stats about PS3/X-360 player bases.

That would be something we could rub under Trion's nose.

BC001
08-14-2014, 07:45 PM
I am not so concerned about the encryption itself, it is the game breaking nerf of the arkforge that makes it impossible to maintain equipment that I have a major problem with. As the weapon and shield performance degrades the frustration and annoyance factor rise and I end up going to something else for a while and spending less time in Defiance, and I suspect that the same thing is true with a lot of other players too.

What they think will produce a "long fulfilling chase" instead has become a long annoying grind.

Big Jack Shepard
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
It is really amazing what they have done to this game.

Jet1337
08-14-2014, 07:54 PM
But trion said there are 5000 still enjoying the game!

Crack
08-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Yeah the clan Im in has 400 players and at peak time these past few days has been 4 or 5 members online. We've done everything they put in this game hundreds of times over, so one of our few joys left is to pull boxes to try and get better version of our gear. Add the new change of making the keys 10x times harder/more expensive to get and the mass exodus to other games took affect. Regardless of Trions reasons to generate cashflow, they are dumping their poor business model on the fans who already paid their fair share. Oh well, thats business I guess...

jlwhited3
08-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Well, there are the issues with the mics. now and of course all of the other issues regarding making bosses of arkbreak impossible to defeat anymore. (Rediculously impossible) But, my biggest complaaint is never knowing the server situation without a 20-30 minute web search. Theyneed to put up a simple box that shows green light red light on server status and then a link directly to a post that explains it. I'm sick and tired of having to search through countless forums to find out something so simple as server status. I think the entire game is a great piece of work but in doing all of the complicated things that they've done to it they've left out the most basic things that they can learn by looking at other games. sometimes simplicity in basic features can be a lifesaver to a game online.

Deunan
08-14-2014, 08:05 PM
I can only speak for myself but the patch appears to be a client side patch and it said it would take over 2 hours to download so I cancelled it and I have no intention of playing tonight. I'd rather spend a few hours playing Firefall instead.

I'll try to update before I go to bed.

MrAwe
08-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I've been playing for a couple weeks, and the server instability is getting quite old

I'll lag out almost 1/2 the incursions, sieges and arkfalls I jump into now a days

Just now, I lagged out of 2 arkfalls in a row.

PhantasieTrion
08-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I can only speak for myself but the patch appears to be a client side patch and it said it would take over 2 hours to download so I cancelled it and I have no intention of playing tonight. I'd rather spend a few hours playing Firefall instead.

I'll try to update before I go to bed.

Hi Deunan

This was a server only update. I checked with our NOC just now and they confirmed that we only deployed updated servers.
I'm at home and have no download (I was up to date pre patch) .
I VPN'ed into another computer to try a from there and got no download either.

Can you confirm you're still getting the patch? I'll check logs in the morning to see why you are getting one, if so.

Edit - Also - From you sig you're on NA PC, but only the servers from EU where updated just now. NA comes at 2AM tonight. Which region where you connecting to when being told to get a patch?

--Phantasie

Chump Norris
08-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Nevermind got through.

TriGlav 2000
08-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I got nothing to download.

And the blank arkfalls are fixed ;) But there are still to many of them, 4 majors and 4 sieges atm (3:46 GMT). Can this be lowered to idk 2 majors and 2 sieges and 1 incursion at peak times and 1 major/siege/incursion from 1am to 6am GMT. There are just not enought players this late/early morning to complete all this events.

Bonehead
08-14-2014, 08:50 PM
But trion said there are 5000 still enjoying the game!

No somebody on the forums said that. Trion keeps the numbers very close to the vest.

DeadEye68
08-14-2014, 10:38 PM
My intention wasn't to imply there aren't enough player to sustain the game anyway. I merely pointed out the PC playerbase was undergoing a severe erosion.
Even if it's PC specific -which I somehow doubt- it's no good news for the game. Unless I misunderstood the concept of "working as intended".

That, or Defiance is the only game having a 60% "minority".

duction
08-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Eu xbox servers are dead, a real ghost town. =(

Deunan
08-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi Deunan

This was a server only update. I checked with our NOC just now and they confirmed that we only deployed updated servers.
I'm at home and have no download (I was up to date pre patch) .
I VPN'ed into another computer to try a from there and got no download either.

Can you confirm you're still getting the patch? I'll check logs in the morning to see why you are getting one, if so.

Edit - Also - From you sig you're on NA PC, but only the servers from EU where updated just now. NA comes at 2AM tonight. Which region where you connecting to when being told to get a patch?

--PhantasieI'm still getting an update button that says the download is 13.74 GB. I'm also getting the same for EU and I am getting an install message for PTS for 14.73 GB. This is all through Glyph. I cannot even launch from Steam or from my shortcut on my desktop both of which worked before.

Snowclan
08-14-2014, 11:19 PM
For a lot of the 5k+ players, the only thing left to do in the game was look for better loot. Better loot for those people was orange rarity weapons with optimal combinations of rolls and synergies. The Encryption system and the nerf to rewards from doing open world content pretty much killed the only chance those players had of getting the upgrades they wanted.

So they don't play anymore. Many of them are lurking, hoping to see changes that will make it worth playing again. One nice thing about free to play games is that it costs nothing to keep the game installed and come back every few months to see if there's anything interesting.

FryDay
08-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Dunno what you're talking about - was doing a major arkfall on the EU server last night, and 30-40 players showed up!

After 30s of shooting the monolith, it started to glitch.
2min in, at ~23:00 GMT, the game threw me to login screen - "error, service not available" or somesuch.
Didn't bother to try to log in afterwards, went to bed ...

duction
08-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Dunno what you're talking about - was doing a major arkfall on the EU server last night, and 30-40 players showed up!

After 30s of shooting the monolith, it started to glitch.
2min in, at ~23:00 GMT, the game threw me to login screen - "error, service not available" or somesuch.
Didn't bother to try to log in afterwards, went to bed ...

Working as intended.

drackiller
08-15-2014, 12:40 AM
I was very drunk last night, went to bed earlier, don`t know if many or not on the PS3 EU server ;)

Faelx
08-15-2014, 12:44 AM

1. Because rewards.
2. Because lockboxes.
3. Because LAGGGS.
4. Because 'minority'.

I am really tired to be tricked, lagged and trioned.
I'd really like to see their sales statistics. All this was for the sake of money after all. Does population's killing really help to make more money?

Yrkul
08-15-2014, 12:48 AM
I've been playing more and more Firefall lately. Recent changes have made other games more fun.

I only log into Defiance to do dailies, and some days I don't even other with that, but log in only to get the daily rewards box. The game has gone stale. There's no incentive to do events unless you are able to get 6-digit scores. There's still so many bugs, glitches and half finished game mechanics, and they're not getting fixed.

Most MMO developers are improving their games after launch. After DLC2, Trion has managed to do the opposite.

sly wolf
08-15-2014, 01:03 AM
The ps3 eu servers are very dead I drove around all over the place and met 4 people in over an hour, silicon valley had 1 person hanging around it, But then it's not really a new area it's copy/paste landscape with nothing really new or interesting to see.

squidgod2000
08-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Let me put it that way. That's the same proportion as the "rebalanced rewards" ingame .... 60% less. Numbers have been eroding ever since encryption was announced. Wish we had similar stats about PS3/X-360 player bases.

That would be something we could rub under Trion's nose.

Probably a lot more accurate to say that numbers have been eroding since F2P players started finishing the storyline content.

ejester
08-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Personally all of these changes have made a sour taste in my mouth and I refuse to play until they are changed simple as that.

They don't want to listen to us on the forums, then they will listen to the sound cold hard reality slappin them upside the head makes when they realize no one is playing any longer.

Glad to see so many people doing likewise.

Maybe then this team will stop pulling bonehead moves like this.

There are a million things they could add to the shop to make money, but they don't. Probably the worst run title I've ever seen, from the mid 90's till now. Which is sayin a lot. There is some serious competition in there! lol.

Snib
08-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Probably a lot more accurate to say that numbers have been eroding since F2P players started finishing the storyline content.

Yep. At least on Steam the game had only few players left pre-F2P (not enough to get published in the top 100 list), then spiked with F2P release and now is dwindling away again. Pretty standard actually.

Graph: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=224600&from=1406066400000&to=End+Time

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
08-15-2014, 06:44 AM
@ Title - Firefall for Now :)

BJWyler
08-15-2014, 06:56 AM

Hey! no need to insult one of our favorite forum regulars around here. Bonehead would never move like that! He would move more like this:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/82/86/a0cb2ec2b2ae811672bb833ba41da028.gif

DeadEye68
08-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Bonehead would never move like that! He would move more like this:

He totally would. In fact, I'm sure he does.

dramaQkarri
08-15-2014, 07:17 AM
I think we have a few things going on here.

1) General boredom of vet players drives them away as well as reaching our patience breaking point...
2) Mic issue is killing is all!
3) I think (pretty sure) the max number of players per shard has been reduced to a very low number, to help lag/DC issues. This brings on a whole stream of side effects to open world events. And it's not helping lag/DC's enough to actually affect our enjoyment. Still the same aggravations as always.
4) The NERFIEST nerf they've ever thrown at us. The audacity makes me shudder. :mad:

I actually don't think Trion minds the dwindling player base as their target demographic seems to have shifted to capturing a smaller audience that spends a LOT of money in the game. I get it...but on the other hand what's wrong with having big ticket items AND cheap trinkets in the store? It's not like they have a factory churning out guns and clothes, it's a PICTURE used over and over again. But I digress.

I doubt this whaling strategy has any long-term potential for success, as the game is still plagued by glitches. Even with the small shard population, I get my share of DC's (but hard freezes seem to be better). The dwindling population problem makes many open world events much harder to finish, and who would want to play an MMO practically alone? Might be fun for a bit but the sameness won't hold them for very long. And can you imagine how much the queue times for co-ops and pvp will increase?

And that's all my crystal ball has to say about that.

From my own experience:
Madera incursion on 8/13 - about 7 of us doing emergencies, and only got to stage 7 at Kenn Farm. The hulkers from stage 4 were still alive at the end. Only 13 on the scoreboard and the bottom 4 had practically no score. It was pathetic.

Last night did two of the Miner Conversion/Evangel Incursions about 2 hours apart. The first one, 3 of us finished it. The second one, 4 of us. I enjoy them to a point - they do take a big chunk of time. But it would be SO much more fun with a swarm of arkhunters there! I'm not quite sure why they don't draw players in like they should, being new content. My best guess is that there's so much other stuff going on in the map coupled with shard population reduction there just aren't sufficient players for all that activity.

What I'd like to do is get all players into one place via zone chat and just see how many of us there are in a given shard. Anyone up for such an experiment? Or maybe Trion can just tell us, what's the phase limit setting at these days?

Cyborg Superman
08-15-2014, 07:21 AM
The real reason the game was ghost was because the chat system was broken and no one could talk to each other. So what was the point of playing an mmo if you can't even talk to your own clanmates. At least that's how it was on the xbox. once the new land mass came out it brought a land mass of glitches. most of us just said frak it and went to bed or to play another game. i went to bed cuz it was like 2am, my time, when the servers went live. All the other times the game broke like this it took them about a week to fix it so i and a few others thought it would be best to take a week off. now that the chat system is fixed i'm back and ready to chase some arkfalls and shoot the shtako with my clanmates.

konstantinov
08-15-2014, 07:27 AM
The chat system being down is the source of why I haven't been playing much. I can't see the chat window and I can't hear or talk to anyone. All I can do is jump up and down and say I can't hear or see what you're saying. It makes me feel like Helen Keller.

Flank
08-15-2014, 07:55 AM

I heard Antarctica is a pretty sweet place to retire to.
maybe there?..

reZon
08-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Today Defiance became solo game...
I done solo Volge, solo Vaccine, even tried solo Major Hellbugs arkfall ( timelimits too small for solo =( ). Really trion must allow to do co-op maps solo.

Maybe best way for trion stop doing strange **** and give people massive events, something like town defence against massive swarms of enemies, loosing territories, just do SOMETHING! Maybe new big guns... new quests at all! Most players don't see why they must play after all quests is over.

There is no epic in the game right now. The game need something really EPIC.

In most MMO there is direct connection between player tasks and reward, is you do that task you may receive this list of items. Last from 3000 ego till 4200 i tried to loot new Volge Typhoon Rifle.... and it never dropped, when i want particular weapon it seems i never loot it, only tons of VL13-45, shootguns and quick repeater rifles. I want new Respark shield! But dropped all type of shields exlude respark.

p.s. By the way, new silicon valley incursion is a really strange, it is long, booring and sometimes giving 0 score for halfhour of killing. Waste of time.

DIS
08-15-2014, 09:05 AM
All the Arkhunters have gone to Gamestop to pre order Destiny and become Guardians. Just my guess.

Flank
08-15-2014, 09:09 AM
All the Arkhunters have gone to Gamestop to pre order Destiny and become Guardians. Just my guess.

They should've done that a month ago... at least.

Spooky Q7
08-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Pre-ordered Destiny and became a Guardian, Loved Defiance game,but they took the chase away..

reZon
08-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Pre-ordered Destiny and became a Guardian, Loved Defiance game,but they took the chase away..

Thats a wondefull idea, thanks.

Grims Reaper
08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
We are not playing TRIONs game with the crap they thought they could get away with.
I used to be very active on this game with major arkfalls and warmasters, if im on and see one I dont even bother. Working your *** off to get a good score and get very little rewards is sooo not motivating at all. I only come on to help a few clan members or try and socialise abit even though chat was messed up since that SV patch.

As a vet arkhunter I dont see anything that makes me wana play this game like I used to. Will TRION change the error of their ways? It may be too late now.

Belle Starr
08-15-2014, 10:48 AM
You are not alone - but you might as well be. The summer is not the cause. The changes to the game, and the attitude that the veteran core of players have received since patch 1.5 is the cause. Silicon Valley is all but a Ghost Town every time I am there. This is a new land expansion - something players have been begging for for over a year, and no one is there. If that doesn't speak volumes and finally gives the development team the slap in the face that wakes them up, then nothing will.

Nothing will! I waited SO long for a new land to explore and it was an island you could explore in less than a day! And the lags and disconnects, and hackers galore! Not to mention the Grid Grind - oh, I just did, didn't I! :(

The things I used to love to do, like Warmaster, are NO fun anymore, and even PVP, which I don't enjoy, has now become intolerable! Yes, I am a vet (played for over a year almost every day) but I played because it was FUN! Now, only my friends in the game are fun, but not the game itself, and I used to love it so! :mad:

SO I'm off to Firefall, with an occasional visit to Defiance to say friends - until they are no longer there too! :p

Odessa
08-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Today Defiance became solo game...
I done solo Volge, solo Vaccine, even tried solo Major Hellbugs arkfall ( timelimits too small for solo =( ). Really trion must allow to do co-op maps solo.

Maybe best way for trion stop doing strange **** and give people massive events, something like town defence against massive swarms of enemies, loosing territories, just do SOMETHING! Maybe new big guns... new quests at all! Most players don't see why they must play after all quests is over.

There is no epic in the game right now. The game need something really EPIC.

In most MMO there is direct connection between player tasks and reward, is you do that task you may receive this list of items. Last from 3000 ego till 4200 i tried to loot new Volge Typhoon Rifle.... and it never dropped, when i want particular weapon it seems i never loot it, only tons of VL13-45, shootguns and quick repeater rifles. I want new Respark shield! But dropped all type of shields exlude respark.

p.s. By the way, new silicon valley incursion is a really strange, it is long, booring and sometimes giving 0 score for halfhour of killing. Waste of time.

That saddens me beyond words. I LOVED playing Defiance, but the chase ended up stopping at the edge of the Grand Canyon. I had no desire to trek through that terrain in hopes of enough Arkforge to level up one weapon. I can't even imagine the WM now. The last time I tried (which made me put away the game) we didn't break the armor until a minute left.

My friends have moved on, uninstalled and wiped their hands. As everyone else still here, I keep hoping for some sort of sign from afar. I love this community and don't like to see the frustration from all sides. But I am one who has put aside my Ark hunter gear for other games until Extra Life weekend happens. Beyond that... only Trion knows.

cuba 666
08-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I do love DEFIANCE alot....!!!, but we all have to move on because they will no change nothing to get as back and that's the true....goodbye everyone if you still playing the game is because you love it more than I do or you keep hoping it changes, well will see the only change need to happen for me to comeback and other players is them to put everything back to normal and they know what is NORMAL..

dramaQkarri
08-15-2014, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaJ9Fcov2w

Yrkul
08-15-2014, 11:49 AM
SO I'm off to Firefall, with an occasional visit to Defiance to say friends - until they are no longer there too! :p
It's engineer weekend. Turrets. Turrets everywhere!

CRIXDA
08-15-2014, 01:18 PM

Dartaan, lately I have been distraught with defiance and not having a rusty fcuk to give for it.
at one time, I was a champion for Trion and for defiance but now I lay about and watch the clouds go by because I no longer care - I play defiance sometimes to be with my clanmates, whom I still have a passion to be with.
I am not even going to capitalize the name of the game anymore. I will play defiance whenever I feel like it or to do dailies, for what purpose I have no idea because I don't pursue anything anymore.
I just don't care.
where have all of the Arkhunters gone? I just don't give a sh!t anymore. hopefully they left me a map out of this hopeless and heartless quagmire.
I used to LIVE for Saturday mornings when our clan would come on together and there would be around ten or eleven of us and we would be laughing and enjoying the game. now we get three, maybe four and we do our dailies and weeklies and go on our way. I drink beer and then fall asleep because I don't care anymore.
it just doesn't matter anymore.
this has all gone to crap.

Copperpot
08-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Dartaan, lately I have been distraught with defiance and not having a rusty fcuk to give for it.
at one time, I was a champion for Trion and for defiance but now I lay about and watch the clouds go by because I no longer care - I play defiance sometimes to be with my clanmates, whom I still have a passion to be with.
I am not even going to capitalize the name of the game anymore. I will play defiance whenever I feel like it or to do dailies, for what purpose I have no idea because I don't pursue anything anymore.
I just don't care.
where have all of the Arkhunters gone? I just don't give a sh!t anymore. hopefully they left me a map out of this hopeless and heartless quagmire.
I used to LIVE for Saturday mornings when our clan would come on together and there would be around ten or eleven of us and we would be laughing and enjoying the game. now we get three, maybe four and we do our dailies and weeklies and go on our way. I drink beer and then fall asleep because I don't care anymore.

Are you near a ledge bud? It sucks that your passion and fun is being burned in front of you, though. Maybe tortured and burned is more appropriate description.

RAGEFIGHTER
08-15-2014, 01:28 PM
im still up for defiance !!@! just alot work and then my server administrating takes time so kinda not so much time but soon ill have vacation :)

Skerrick
08-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Moved on to Firefall.

I can't even be bothered to log into Defiance most days, when I do I get horrendous lag.

I am having way more fun in Firefall.

Ebany
08-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Same, FireFall is awesome!

jtblood
08-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Personally all of these changes have made a sour taste in my mouth and I refuse to play until they are changed simple as that.

They don't want to listen to us on the forums, then they will listen to the sound cold hard reality slappin them upside the head makes when they realize no one is playing any longer.

Glad to see so many people doing likewise.

There are a million things they could add to the shop to make money, but they don't. Probably the worst run title I've ever seen, from the mid 90's till now. Which is sayin a lot. There is some serious competition in there! lol.

My thoughts exactly. I've played for a while, not quite from day one, and read countless posts on this forum, and have yet to see a sign that Trion really gives a crap about any of it's players.

genie
08-17-2014, 07:18 AM
The reason I quit playing is because I got bored. There was absolutely nothing new to do. Doing the same contracts over and over (mines and towers, mines and towers) was so boring.

I logged on Saturday (PS3NA) and did a Volge incursion and a major scrapper arkfall. Both were full of what I assume were new players. There were about 6 of us at each of these events and the threat level never got about 4 (my ego is around 3000). I was the most powerful player there.

It was just sad and boring. I need a new game.

RobDaCool
08-17-2014, 07:20 AM
I tried Firefall, couldn't get into it.

Kanah
08-17-2014, 08:00 AM
I tried Firefall, couldn't get into it.

I'm trying to get into Firefall, but it seems to suffer from some of the same structural problems as Defiance. A f2p model and some major changes in direction that have not been wholly welcomed by the regulars. Plus the shooting is not so nice.

I'm still hoping for my dream game: an mmo shooter with smooth gunplay, a monthly sub and no cash-shop bullshtako.

TremerChrist
08-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Back to Pandora, gotta chase loot somewhere.

TalynOne
08-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Back to Pandora, gotta chase loot somewhere.

This might be a joke, but it's actually true for me. I and another Defiance clannie who has never played Borderlands 2 have been playing through it instead of Defiance. It's a great example of everything that Defiance could have been. Fun side missions, weather effects, a fun loot system, frequent and unique boss fights, compelling story and voice acting, unique grenade and shield effects, list goes on and on.

DepthProbe
08-17-2014, 11:57 AM
I helped c-beta and o-beta Firefall and had never played Defiance. Still. aside the disconnects in Defiance I still enjoy it more than Firefall.

I am still seeing many people in Defiance. Usually, I am accompanied by several randoms on contracts, emergencies, minor arkfalls, and regularly 15+ at greater arkfalls. Also, it usually doesn't take too long to populate coop maps.

However, I do agree that the nerf to arkforge and the increase in keycode prices are extremely unneeded in this game. With the changes, if you haven't grown tired of the game play in general, the game still has much to offer.

MahChew
08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Defiance Has so much potential... i think the sci-fi show holds back its true potential.

i think the Arkfallers have started PVPing, as theres always a shadow war going on.

TalynOne
08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Defiance Has so much potential... i think the sci-fi show holds back its true potential.

i think the Arkfallers have started PVPing, as theres always a shadow war going on.

It only takes 4-6 people to pop a shadow war and it's across all shards per platform, if a shadow war isn't going on then that means the game is truly dead.

dramaQkarri
08-17-2014, 12:41 PM
It only takes 4-6 people to pop a shadow war and it's across all shards per platform, if a shadow war isn't going on then that means the game is truly dead.

Good point, was going to say something along those lines. There's been a shadow war going on most of the time since I don't even know when.

My issue is getting expert co-ops to start. Unbelievably long wait to get four people! I keep thinking "how is that possible?" I really wish we could solo co-ops. Or just have 2 of us. I really don't care how many times I have to extract, just want to get the stupid contract done.

What's even more hilarious is I'm about to login to the game and I really don't know why.

Jet1337
08-17-2014, 02:13 PM

No, it's the console versions that hold the game back. Most of the time, every multi-platform game that is on the pc is some ****ty console port. Guitar Hero 3 is a pretty bad one that comes to mind.

RobDaCool
08-17-2014, 02:14 PM
I helped c-beta and o-beta Firefall and had never played Defiance. Still. aside the disconnects in Defiance I still enjoy it more than Firefall.

I am still seeing many people in Defiance. Usually, I am accompanied by several randoms on contracts, emergencies, minor arkfalls, and regularly 15+ at greater arkfalls. Also, it usually doesn't take too long to populate coop maps.

However, I do agree that the nerf to arkforge and the increase in keycode prices are extremely unneeded in this game. With the changes, if you haven't grown tired of the game play in general, the game still has much to offer.

Firefall confuses me lol I'm still not sure if you even have "talent" points in that game

Dartaan
08-17-2014, 03:46 PM
maybe I see you on Destiny

Copperpot
08-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Your thread title makes this song get stuck in my head. Please help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

Iceberg
08-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Since the chase for loot has gotten much longer and less fulfilling I have turned in my ark hunter license and have picked up a Guardian Hunter license instead. The sparrow flies on the horizon giving way to a glimmer of a bright future indeed.

Ruinne
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Since the chase for loot has gotten much longer and less fulfilling I have turned in my ark hunter license and have picked up a Guardian Hunter license instead. The sparrow flies on the horizon giving way to a glimmer of a bright future indeed.

The chase isn't longer, it's even more random. There is no chase. Never was.

Now that I'm on my third glitched out incursion/arkfall tonight...

"Spend money in the bit store!"
"Show me you can earn 3˘ first, then we'll talk about the bit store, Trion."

wartitan
08-17-2014, 07:21 PM

Yessir....I've got about 1300 in bits that will sit for the cold day in h3ll when Trion figures out how to make Defiance as intriguing as it once was....until then there won't be any more money into this black hole. I'd rather let those bits sit unused than support Tryhards warped visions of a good game...

Snib
08-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Yessir....I've got about 1300 in bits that will sit for the cold day in h3ll when Trion figures out how to make Defiance as intriguing as it once was....until then there won't be any more money into this black hole. I'd rather let those bits sit unused than support Tryhards warped visions of a good game...

Since you already spent the money I doubt Trion cares whether you actually use the bits or let them go to waste.

Alastar
08-18-2014, 12:10 AM
This former ark hunter became an Arisen and will become a Guardian soon. WOOHOOOO ;)

N3gativeCr33p
08-18-2014, 05:55 AM

Cheers!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/HeprjdlCgi61W/giphy.gif

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 06:08 AM

This Guardian Hunter will swoop in on Iron Banner wings of legend "Birth Of History"

drackiller
08-18-2014, 06:12 AM
This Guardian Hunter will swoop in on Iron Banner wings of legend "Birth Of History"

I`m not a good PVP player but i`ll be making a few matchs each day on the Cruxible. I kinda liked PVPeing there.
But mainly, i`ll be a campaign guy, an explorer.

wartitan
08-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Since you already spent the money I doubt Trion cares whether you actually use the bits or let them go to waste.

That wasn't the point of my post...the point is that Trion is messing up so badly that I don't even feel bad about leaving that money on the table. My Guardian awaits...

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 06:18 AM
I`m not a good PVP player but i`ll be making a few matchs each day on the Cruxible. I kinda liked PVPeing there.
But mainly, i`ll be a campaign guy, an explorer.

I'm not either, but I play BF4 and Cod so I'm used to the whole run and gun against players thing.

drackiller
08-18-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm not either, but I play BF4 and Cod so I'm used to the whole run and gun against players thing.

Yup, i was an Hardcore player of COD but i got tired of that game and Ghosts was the drawing line for me.

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Yup, i was an Hardcore player of COD but i got tired of that game and Ghosts was the drawing line for me.

Yeah Ghosts is bad...I go back just when dlc is released. I usually do a dry runthrough alone on the maps to get the jist of them, and the special level advantages, play a few rounds for real to get the Egg¬stra xp, play a round of whatever game mode that is.(sorry cant remember its been that long),collect the xp and not log in till the next dlc.

Combo Breaker
08-18-2014, 06:29 AM

I was too, but those games finally got stale. I played Ghosts for about 2 weeks and was done. I won't be forking over money on another one of those. The new one looks like it should be called COD: Halo Days.

wartitan
08-18-2014, 06:37 AM
COD player here as well, FPS on the PC before that. I've grown tired of the entire FPS genre, most of it is pretty much the same. Much more a fan of MMOFPS/MMOTPS, Global Agenda and Defiance being the two that I've latched onto. Unfortunately, both are suffering the same fate....poor decision making about in-game mechanics and lack of content. Both only kept me around for about a year....

I'm really just sticking around the forums to warn newbies of the money trap and to get a pulse on which players on my friends list I'll be playing with come 9/9...

N3gativeCr33p
08-18-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm really just sticking around the forums to warn newbies of the money trap and to get a pulse on which players on my friends list I'll be playing with come 9/9...

This makes two of us, then.

22 days!

EDIT: PS4!

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 06:42 AM
This makes two of us, then.

22 days!

22 days, ps4 ....:D

Combo Breaker
08-18-2014, 07:03 AM

22 days, ps4 ....:D

4..........same.

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Ya know just to piss off Trion we should make a clan on Destiny called the "Defiant Few" and broadcast our gameplay on Twitch, and give a Typical Trion mocumentary on the topic of "soon".

N3gativeCr33p
08-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Ya know just to piss off Trion we should make a clan on Destiny called the "Defiant Few" and broadcast our gameplay on Twitch, and give a Typical Trion mocumentary on the topic of "soon".

Maybe the clan name should be: Soon

Or: Because Grenades

Or better yet: For Realsies

Copperpot
08-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Ya know just to piss off Trion we should make a clan on Destiny called the "Defiant Few (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/143322/0/1/0)" and broadcast our gameplay on Twitch, and give a Typical Trion mocumentary on the topic of "soon".

Fixed that for ya.

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Fixed that for ya.

Thanks...;)

Solario32
08-18-2014, 08:19 AM

That is an awesome idea. Hope someone does that for Xbox :) Logging in to spend 5 mins to get Defiant Few and Family Rare rep as well as claiming rewards. I have done everything else in game.

Yrkul
08-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Logging in to spend 5 mins to get Defiant Few and Family Rare rep as well as claiming rewards.
Not doing much more than that myself either. I did a Kenn Farm incursion last night, and it felt kind of meh compared to repelling the chosen from OCT and defending the targeting arrays until we could shoot the darkslip down. Ares operators know what I'm talking about. :)

Belle Starr
08-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Not doing much more than that myself either. I did a Kenn Farm incursion last night, and it felt kind of meh compared to repelling the chosen from OCT and defending the targeting arrays until we could shoot the darkslip down. Ares operators know what I'm talking about. :)

Yeah, I do know what u r talking about, but I wish I didn't. I miss the Defiance world from back when it was fun :(

Tornad0s
08-18-2014, 10:01 AM
The chase ended for me too. I even don't know what to do in the game after patch. Tried everything and disappointed very much.
I remembered that i need to unlock two last achievements and now i'm only engaged in them. After that i'm off from this game. Thank you trion!!!

drackiller
08-18-2014, 10:02 AM
4..........same.

5...very anxious.

dramaQkarri
08-18-2014, 10:12 AM
That is an awesome idea. Hope someone does that for Xbox :) Logging in to spend 5 mins to get Defiant Few and Family Rare rep as well as claiming rewards. I have done everything else in game.
See post #90/page 9 from Copperpot - we got that name locked down. We're only PS so if someone from Xbox wants to hop in and take over, let us know!

The chase ended for me too. I even don't know what to do in the game after patch. Tried everything and disappointed very much.
I remembered that i need to unlock two last achievements and now i'm only engaged in them. After that i'm off from this game. Thank you trion!!!
Ditto.

5...very anxious.

1...PS3...starting new count.

drackiller
08-18-2014, 10:15 AM

I`m thinking on getting the PS3 version also, i still have lots of friends that did not upgraded to the PS4, and because we can play in both consoles with the same account, it`s a great probability of me doing that.

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I do know what u r talking about, but I wish I didn't. I miss the Defiance world from back when it was fun :(

I miss it too

Dandrielas
08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I am still here kind of. I don't want my 30 day patron pass to go to waste.

wartitan
08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
See post #90/page 9 from Copperpot - we got that name locked down. We're only PS so if someone from Xbox wants to hop in and take over, let us know!

Ditto.

I'll be rocking the Defiant Few "tag" as a Guardian as well if the Dawn Patrol doesn't end up reforming on Xbox 360 for Destiny...

CRIXDA
08-18-2014, 10:57 AM
You know something,
I have been watching the old "Battlestar Gallactica" series from way back on Netflix.
It is not bad.
The new one was amazing to me because it was a human drama, sort of like "the walking dead" is (in my opinion). Sure, you have Cylons and Starships in one series and you have zombies and other folks trying to wipe everyone out in the other, but nonetheless they are there to drive the human drama stories as background.
They really didn't need to re-make Battlestar Gallactica. It was good enough and they could have left it alone.
Luckily, they didn't keep on "fixing" it until it was hopelessly broken and ruined beyond belief as happens with many things.
*sharp intake of breath here!* (oh my GOD! CRIX has a point and He got to it for a change!)
Where did all of the Arkhunters go?
They realized that "Der Kompany" wanted to keep on 'fixing' something that didn't need it until it (deflatulance) was hopelessly and pathetically destroyed to SMITHEREENS so they jetted.
Mizzleflizzit.

Dandrielas
08-18-2014, 10:59 AM
You know something,
I have been watching the old "Battlestar Gallactica" series from way back on Netflix.
It is not bad.
The new one was amazing to me because it was a human drama, sort of like "the walking dead" is (in my opinion). Sure, you have Cylons and Starships in one series and you have zombies and other folks trying to wipe everyone out in the other, but nonetheless they are there to drive the human drama stories as background.
They really didn't need to re-make Battlestar Gallactica. It was good enough and they could have left it alone.
Luckily, they didn't keep on "fixing" it until it was hopelessly broken and ruined beyond belief as happens with many things.
*sharp intake of breath here!* (oh my GOD! CRIX has a point and He got to it for a change!)
They realized that "Der Kompany" wanted to keep on 'fixing' something that didn't need it until it (deflatulance) was hopelessly and pathetically destroyed to SMITHEREENS so they jetted.
Mizzleflizzit.

I am not fond of the original and the re-make. Human drama stories are boring to me.

alred
08-18-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm trying to get into Firefall, but it seems to suffer from some of the same structural problems as Defiance. A f2p model and some major changes in direction that have not been wholly welcomed by the regulars. Plus the shooting is not so nice.

I'm still hoping for my dream game: an mmo shooter with smooth gunplay, a monthly sub and no cash-shop bullshtako.

Good luck with that. Even Blizzard likes the extra cash the cash shop generates.

wartitan
08-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Good luck with that. Even Blizzard likes the extra cash the cash shop generates.

If the cash shop is generating cash, then they must be doing something right. I imagine it entails putting items out that are worth the money to purchase, not crappy re-skins and shoddy excuses for weapons crates....

LostAlone
08-18-2014, 04:06 PM

The game you were looking for there was called Tabula Rasa. It kicked all kinds of *** (at least I thought so) but it suffered from a crippling lack of elves and goblins and crap, so people just kept playing WoW. It was a great game while it lasted though.

It had some great systems for an MMO shooter too - The enemies were an actual organised military force, so they did organised stuff that the players had to battle against. They came down in groups in drop ships in the areas around towns, and if you didn't fight them they could take over outposts and you couldn't use the shops etc until you had cleared them out.

There was also a superb approach to dealing with experience - It gave you an experience multiplier based on how many kills you got in a chain. So if you could keep on killing you could hold a 6x experience point bonus for a long while and get a huge raft of XP. It meant that grinding felt skillful, and encouraged some kind of forethought to set up those kills because the window to keep a chain going was pretty short. It encouraged you to push yourself to get the most XP, to go into densely populated areas and move between spawn areas and it rewarded you for that.

It certainly wasn't a perfect game, but it was good.

Dandrielas
08-18-2014, 04:11 PM
The game you were looking for there was called Tabula Rasa. It kicked all kinds of *** (at least I thought so) but it suffered from a crippling lack of elves and goblins and crap, so people just kept playing WoW. It was a great game while it lasted though.

It had some great systems for an MMO shooter too - The enemies were an actual organised military force, so they did organised stuff that the players had to battle against. They came down in groups in drop ships in the areas around towns, and if you didn't fight them they could take over outposts and you couldn't use the shops etc until you had cleared them out.

There was also a superb approach to dealing with experience - It gave you an experience multiplier based on how many kills you got in a chain. So if you could keep on killing you could hold a 6x experience point bonus for a long while and get a huge raft of XP. It meant that grinding felt skillful, and encouraged some kind of forethought to set up those kills because the window to keep a chain going was pretty short. It encouraged you to push yourself to get the most XP, to go into densely populated areas and move between spawn areas and it rewarded you for that.

I wish I could play that.

DeadEye68
08-18-2014, 04:12 PM

I also liked how they took out releveling your rerolls with the cloning system. I stayed there until the bitter end.

Yrkul
08-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Ohooo! Just checked out the Firefall front page. It's dreadnought week! Time fo' sum stompin'!!! Aah, the HMG. Now, that's a man's gun! My main concern is, that it's so hard to release the trigger, once them barrels start spinning. :D

Chocolatelover67
08-18-2014, 04:35 PM
All the Ark Hunters ran off to play better games.

Yrkul
08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
When someone poops in the pond, people go elsewhere for water.

Ruinne
08-18-2014, 04:41 PM

In the patch notes that's called "Rebalancing the water's contents".

Chocolatelover67
08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
In the patch notes that's called "Rebalancing the water's contents".

Is that what they call it......... /sarcasm

Plus things in this game are way overpriced.....$10 for an outfit... You're trying to sell me shtako if yu think I'll pay that much....... $2 is a fair price for an outfit........

Just so much stuff that's been nerfed in the game like weapons that should not have been nerfed because of PVP whiners and how is it that the PVP crowd has the loudest voice in this game?

BJWyler
08-18-2014, 04:59 PM
You know something,
It is not bad.
Mizzleflizzit.

Ah yes - BSG of the 70's. Those were good times. Until, of course, they Trioned it with Galactica 1980. Kinda like Doctor Who. There was always something appealing and fun about the low budget campiness of the original run that hasn't been, nor will ever be recaptured by the current series. Such is life I suppose. At least we have the opportunity to still enjoy those classics of yore. Not so with Defiance unfortunately.

Paster of Muppets
08-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Decided to check out Firefall after the Warmaster fiasco, since I had early access to the launch version from having been in the closed beta. After a while, I tried to play Defiance again to see the new areas, but the patcher would just throw me an error code. So I checked the forums, and two things had apparently happened:

- They made the whatever-bloatware-this-particular-company-tries-to-push mandatory, replacing the original launcher.
- Lockbox changes and the hilariously dumb concept of "encrypted" weapons.

These, combined with Trick's previous antics made me lose interest in sorting out the patcher error. I've been completely happy playing Firefall, and I recently started a new playthrough of Fallout 3, which should keep me busy for a good while.

Zerstoeren
08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Firefall

I would honestly be playing it as well, if my laptop could run it.

Chocolatelover67
08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Ah yes - BSG of the 70's. Those were good times. Until, of course, they Trioned it with Galactica 1980. Kinda like Doctor Who. There was always something appealing and fun about the low budget campiness of the original run that hasn't been, nor will ever be recaptured by the current series. Such is life I suppose. At least we have the opportunity to still enjoy those classics of yore. Not so with Defiance unfortunately.

What made old Doctor Who special was the cheap cheeriness of it. The sets that had wobbly walls, and where it was so obvious you were in a studio. I mean it was fun, fun, fun..........

Doctor Who was fun.....

They ruined it that fun aspect of the show and used higher production values and CGI which kind of ruined the fun of the old show..... The effects took over while the story and acting took a back seat........ That's my opinion.

Ruinne
08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
- They made the whatever-bloatware-this-particular-company-tries-to-push mandatory, replacing the original launcher.

C'mon, man. Everyone wants a thousand different company specific market places installed on their machines, right?

Right?

Ironhide
08-18-2014, 05:25 PM

I don't care how many times you take and paint n polish it, a turd is still a turd.

Dandrielas
08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
What made old Doctor Who special was the cheap cheeriness of it. The sets that had wobbly walls, and where it was so obvious you were in a studio. I mean it was fun, fun, fun..........

Doctor Who was fun.....

They ruined it that fun aspect of the show and used higher production values and CGI which kind of ruined the fun of the old show..... The effects took over while the story and acting took a back seat........ That's my opinion.

I wouldn't consider that fun. I would call it B-rated quality instead while the new one is A-rated. The only reason I watched some of the old ones is for the story.

RobDaCool
08-18-2014, 08:10 PM

Wish I could actually find a better game to play :(

Degan
08-18-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm off playing Firefall too. Cool game, and something I can actually craft items in again.

I'll be lurking here hoping to see some serious changes that bring this game back to where it was a few months ago. Hopefully the next two or three sets of patch notes will contain the phrase "rollback", but I won't hold my breath.

With all the unneeded changes of late, my personal feelings on this game in it's current state can be summed up with:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/64/b5/b4/64b5b46bd2f113ff5ea0185f87f71db2.jpg

Dandrielas
08-18-2014, 08:35 PM
I would give firefall a chance if I had a PC that could take it. Also, I heard bad stuff about their store.

TechnoSausage
08-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I had the game since launch and took a break for a few months. I bought the game again on xbox a week before "the patch" and I was proper loving the game again! I was hooked, so decided to buy the season pass aswell as bits and a patron pass.

Then the massive nerf hammer of a patch hit! I feel like a total mug now for wasting money on all the extras I bought! The game is ruined, end of! Such a massive shame as I was having fun, joined a clan, bought all the DLC and now I find it hard to find something worth doing. The rewards are now pitiful, the wait times for co-op etc are a joke as the servers are emptying, the cost of everything is massively inflated and it's clearly designed to push you into the bits store.

Thing is, I was happy to spend my money on the game, as I did, before the patch, yet now I may as well just burn my money instead.

I'm now playing a few other games while I patiently wait for 9th September.
Ahh well Defiance. It WAS fun :(

Bonehead
08-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Love the pirate thing Claptrap has going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXCBsBUW_A

sericks
08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah borderlands is great if your getting burned out.

crazyged
08-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Y'know, I could deal with all the nerfs and attrition that has been laid on us, but whether a person is disgruntled or happy with the game, we are ALL affected.

I used to love joining the clan and doing group things and generally just causing mayhem.

Lately though, there just haven't been enough people on to do much of anything.

This last weekend was the worst I've seen the PC-EU servers. I ended up roaming around aimlessly, doing the odd daily, until I got bored and watched movies instead.

That was the first time since I started playing this game, back in the good old days...

OverDoneOne
08-18-2014, 11:28 PM

I am playing FireFall and actually like it, it's a free to play game you can get thru Steam. Look me up on it, same name as here SlicTrix

drackiller
08-19-2014, 02:17 AM
I am playing FireFall and actually like it, it's a free to play game you can get thru Steam. Look me up on it, same name as here SlicTrix

I think that Dartaan is a PS3 player and i also think he`s going to be on Destiny.
Yaay, i made a rhyme :)

Chocolatelover67
08-19-2014, 03:41 AM
Hey you I love your video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0TQWLHcQg#t=29

You put to music what lots of us feel.

Dartaan
08-19-2014, 04:27 AM
I think that Dartaan is a PS3 player and i also think he`s going to be on Destiny.
Yaay, i made a rhyme :)

Yes PS3, and Destiny is next.

Ruinne
08-19-2014, 05:55 AM

It is surprisingly good, the pace of play almost reminds me of UT. (like the original one)

RobDaCool
08-19-2014, 06:13 AM
It is surprisingly good, the pace of play almost reminds me of UT. (like the original one)

I couldn't get into Firefall, been trying for a few weeks :(

Ah well, its still on my PC if anyone wants to play together lol

Ruinne
08-19-2014, 06:17 AM
I couldn't get into Firefall, been trying for a few weeks :(

Ah well, its still on my PC if anyone wants to play together lol

I wouldn't say I'm "into it" but it's a pretty decent game, and I love the game world's verticality. I play sporadically in between hoping the devs of Defiance decide that they don't want us all to **** off and put someone on the connectivity problems to get it solved.

RobDaCool
08-19-2014, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't say I'm "into it" but it's a pretty decent game, and I love the game world's verticality. I play sporadically in between hoping the devs of Defiance decide that they don't want us all to **** off and put someone on the connectivity problems to get it solved.

Maybe I should play Firefall in intervals? Really sucks, spent all my tax return on a gaming PC and can't find a game. LOL

I actually like Defiance and hope it gets better to be honest. I usually don't say anything because I'm no game developer, but sometimes it seems neither are the people working on Defiance.

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 07:19 AM

Oh, how did you people let this one get by you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYrY8aFCUCQ

Zhedda
08-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Hey you I love your video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0TQWLHcQg#t=29

You put to music what lots of us feel.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Deunan
08-19-2014, 09:18 AM
It is surprisingly good, the pace of play almost reminds me of UT. (like the original one)I'm enjoying it so far but it has its issues. After speaking with some of the players from beta, Red5 also seems to be intent on nerfing sources of the base game currency (crystite). The odd thing is there doesn't seem to be a money angle to it. You can't buy crystite in the Red Beans store or trade items from the store for it. The trade market uses a separate form of currency called credits.

Quebra Regra
08-19-2014, 10:12 AM
I'll be rocking the Defiant Few "tag" as a Guardian as well if the Dawn Patrol doesn't end up reforming on Xbox 360 for Destiny...

DEFIANCE might be dead to me, but DAWN PATROL is alive and kicking as far as I'm concerned. You can find me on MASSEFFECT3 MP, DESTINY, REDDEAD, HALO REACH, and anything else DAWN PATROLers decide to play. It's about the Clan, not about how DEFIANCE was ruined.

I've moved on from DEFIANCE, look for me if you make it out of this mess alive. :)

Quebra Regra
08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Love the pirate thing Claptrap has going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXCBsBUW_A

If they'd let me play a psycho midget I'd be on that like a hobo on a hotdog. Where's my PSYCHO MIDGET character?

wartitan
08-19-2014, 12:24 PM
DEFIANCE might be dead to me, but DAWN PATROL is alive and kicking as far as I'm concerned. You can find me on MASSEFFECT3 MP, DESTINY, REDDEAD, HALO REACH, and anything else DAWN PATROLers decide to play. It's about the Clan, not about how DEFIANCE was ruined.

I've moved on from DEFIANCE, look for me if you make it out of this mess alive. :)

I'll be playing through the campaign for GoW 3 on the off-chance I have time to hop on and play. Otherwise it's just a wait for 9/9...

BJWyler
08-19-2014, 03:57 PM

Doctor Who was fun.....

I would not disagree. Same thing that happened to Star Wars. Sir George got all starry eyed about what the technology could do and focused on that, instead of writing an actual good story.

Yrkul
08-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I would not disagree. Same thing that happened to Star Wars. Sir George got all starry eyed about what the technology could do and focused on that, instead of writing an actual good story.
I'm still trying to find the first trilogy in a version from before the "enhancement"/revision. After all, Han shot first. :D

Chocolatelover67
08-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm still trying to find the first trilogy in a version from before the "enhancement"/revision. After all, Han shot first. :D

OH that han shot first shtako is just that...........

What was he supposed to do? Just let himself get shot/captured?

Yrkul
08-20-2014, 01:34 AM
OH that han shot first shtako is just that...........

What was he supposed to do? Just let himself get shot/captured?
It was what truly marked him as an antihero, rather than some lovable Disney type rascal. But George Lucas just has to have the moral high ground. Damn revisionist.

JadedSinn
08-20-2014, 02:24 AM

all the F2P players had to start school agine after summer vacation was over >.>

LiketheShoreandtheSea
08-20-2014, 02:44 AM
I started playing again shortly after the game went F2P on Steam. There were a lot more players around ingame then than now. I think it's a simple combination of nerfing rewards into the ground (I'm lucky if I get enough arkforge to keep my purple shield up to my level, with nothing left over after that, and doing all of the season 1 and 2 episodes without so much as a keycode to show for it, thx TRION), and the fact that they haven't upgraded their server infrastructure near enough to provide stable service. I think it's improved a smidge since the severe instability after F2P, but that's probably more to do with bleeding player numbers than anything else I think. The stability issues are still there; they're just more intermittent generally. For the weekends (max player population) they generally return with force. :/

Nonfaith
08-20-2014, 07:34 AM
There's this new MMOG game called "Destiny" coming out that blows Defiance out of the water. Then there is the new Diablo III, older games now like Titanfall....

Basically, there are MUCH better games to play with fewer headaches. Making Defiance free doesn't make it a better game. It just pisses off people like me who payed 60 bucks for it.

Chocolatelover67
08-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Is Destiny only PVP because if it is then I will avoid it....... HATE PVP

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Is Destiny only PVP because if it is then I will avoid it....... HATE PVP

No it has lots of lots of PVE too - story missions, many planets for us to visit, etc.

Chocolatelover67
08-20-2014, 08:15 AM
No it has lots of lots of PVE too - story missions, many planets for us to visit, etc.

Oh cool...... I can't wait then...... March can't come sooner.

What about Firefall?

Yrkul
08-20-2014, 08:47 AM
What about Firefall?
No mandatory PvP. Plenty of lore scattered around in job chatter, discovered audio files, a campaign that's still being added to. Reasonable crafting system. Lots of enemy types and they can all kill you unless you outlevel the zone considerably. Jet packs. Additional content being added at a pace, that blows Defiance right out of the water. Cash shop has cosmetics, boosters and convenience, most of which is tradable ingame. And your handler has the cutest accent. :3

Perchta
08-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Since others are talking FireFall I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. It's a lot of fun and at least so far the servers are stable. Have had lag one time and that was with a lot players and bugs doing battle. But it was for like like half a second, none of the 10+ second lag I get with Defiance. Much prefer the store, haven't bought anything however...yet, as there is no gambling involved. You select what you want to buy, pay your RedBeans(bought with real money) and the item is yours. No muss, no fuss and no damn rolling the dice in hopes you get an item that you can even use.

Dandrielas
08-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Since others are talking FireFall I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. It's a lot of fun and at least so far the servers are stable. Have had lag one time and that was with a lot players and bugs doing battle. But it was for like like half a second, none of the 10+ second lag I get with Defiance. Much prefer the store, haven't bought anything however...yet, as there is no gambling involved. You select what you want to buy, pay your RedBeans(bought with real money) and the item is yours. No muss, no fuss and no damn rolling the dice in hopes you get an item that you can even use.

What about weapon repair? Once you have bought the gun, it's yours forever without breaking down?

Perchta
08-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Not high level so really can't answer long term but you can repair your weapon and other equipment. But better weapons seem to drop at a decent pace.

Dandrielas
08-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Not high level so really can't answer long term but you can repair your weapon and other equipment. But better weapons seem to drop at a decent pace.

Repairing weapons doesn't suit well with me. Just a fear they'll make it almost impossible to fix your favourite gun because it is now a micro-transaction.

Etaew
08-20-2014, 09:42 AM
No mandatory PvP. Plenty of lore scattered around in job chatter, discovered audio files, a campaign that's still being added to. Reasonable crafting system. Lots of enemy types and they can all kill you unless you outlevel the zone considerably. Jet packs. Additional content being added at a pace, that blows Defiance right out of the water. Cash shop has cosmetics, boosters and convenience, most of which is tradable ingame. And your handler has the cutest accent. :3

I am enjoying it a lot :)

gfldaven
08-20-2014, 10:20 AM
have exited defiance and have gone to "The Secret World", used to be 20 of us on all the time, now lucky if there are 4 on during "peek" hours. think i will be joining them there as obviously trions fix for stability is to eliminate the player base so the servers will be more stable and nerf the rewards into the ground again so players will leave, CONGRADULATIONS TRION you succeded!!!!

crazyged
08-20-2014, 11:07 AM
have exited defiance and have gone to "The Secret World", used to be 20 of us on all the time, now lucky if there are 4 on during "peek" hours. think i will be joining them there as obviously trions fix for stability is to eliminate the player base so the servers will be more stable and nerf the rewards into the ground again so players will leave, CONGRADULATIONS TRION you succeded!!!!

Been checking out vids of TSW - looks like my kinda game!

eirich_liath
08-20-2014, 11:36 AM
GTAVonline and Netflix.

Logged onto Defiance last night and once in, opened radial wheel to claim daily and hard freeze. Rebooted. Logged back in. Did a few emergencies in Silly Cone.

There were no other players there. Absolutely dead. I did have company though. Even on a dead server, extreme lag was my companion. It joined me on a few emergencies until it finally drove me to the disco.

Popped in GTAV and with only one incident of lag{about 4 seconds}, I played for a few hours.

The Company can nerf things all they want. They can slow the grind to a snails pace on loot, keys, arkfraud. None of this ultimately matters if the game is still dealing with the stability issues it's been dealing with since the beginning.

I could care less about the nerf to things, as I have what I want and need in game. And, since The Company is so bad about introducing anything new, I think I'll have a long wait until it brings something to the table worth me worrying about.

I still enjoy the game, rewards or not. I like going to events and conquering them. I like the added challenge of needing to do a lot of these things alone because 90% of the ppl I used to play with are on greener pastures.

Stability is the biggest issue for this game. Sadly, the team is unable to address it.

Deunan
08-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Repairing weapons doesn't suit well with me. Just a fear they'll make it almost impossible to fix your favourite gun because it is now a micro-transaction.Repairing weapons is not tied to micro transactions. The basic currency of the game, Crystite, can only be obtained in game and is used for repair costs. The repair costs, at least at low levels is not exorbitant.

The game is not without its flaws, but I am finding it enjoyable. That being said, there are several things I enjoy in Defiance that are not available in Firefall (and vice versa). The game lacks the ease of travel that Defiance has and I can't help but feel there is a rather transparent reason for doing so related to certain items that are available in the micro transaction store (Red Bean Store). That contributes to another thing the game lacks compared to Defiance which is a lack of massive events. Because travel is so inhibited the larger events usually only have a dozen players or so in attendance.

Perchta
08-20-2014, 01:15 PM
I agree, both games have a lot going for them. Defiance has just hit a rocky patch, no pun intended, with many players at the moment.

Defiance and FireFall should go out on a few dates then have a baby that has the best of both.

Side note: I found an actual slot machine in FireFall. You can plug Copper token in to which you can earn in game. But if you're determined to gamble with real money you can buy Gold tokens to gamble with. Oh but the slot machine tells you what your potential items are. You know you will get at least one of them. My one and only pull since it was free I got two items.

Perchta
08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Reason decided to take Defiance break till at least next patch is I entered 3 Arkfalls yesterday and within a few minutes everything was frozen. Had WindowKey out, close Defiance then reboot it. Arkfalls are my favorite part of Defiance, if I can't do them then a lot of the attraction is gone.

Skerrick
08-20-2014, 04:41 PM
I am loving Firefall.

I have a Firecat at level 40 and a Recluse at level 32 now. Firefall lets you show your ping and as I am in Australia my ping is around 200. Still I have no problems with lag and the servers are solid. As for repair costs, they are so minimal that I hardly notice (highest repair cost so far was about 150 crystite and I have about 20,000 crystite at the moment), typical repair cost is around 10 crystite.

The devs are very active in game and on the forums. I have been to several community events (held each week by the devs) and they are fun. Devs are clearly marked in game with the title "Red5 Developer". I was traversing through the counrtyside when I came across a downed player requesting help so I revived him and noticed he was a dev, he thanked me and gave me a 1 hour boost.

They release major patches every 3 weeks with minor patches as needed with the latest patch greatly improving the game. I love that I can change anything about my toon at any time without cost or penalty (I can change sex, hair style, hats, voice etc.). The game has motorbikes, pets, a trading system, crafting, allows for groups of 5 and platoons of 20 and the game also supports addons (I hope an update for Boing is out soon).

All of this makes it hard to play Defiance as its flaws (especially the lag) are more obvious after playing Firefall.

P.S. Now we just need a "Defiant Few" army in Firefall similar to the one set up in Destiny.

Chocolatelover67
08-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Where do you get Firefall from?

crazyged
08-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Where do you get Firefall from?

You can get it via steam :)

Alastar
08-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Firefall sounds ******* awesome! Wish I had a PC. :(

crazyged
08-21-2014, 12:34 AM

I'm finding it... okay...

There's just something unique about the world of defiance, though. Freedom of movement, very sociable (when there are actually people on the servers!), etc.

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 12:38 AM
My thoughts exactly. I've played for a while, not quite from day one, and read countless posts on this forum, and have yet to see a sign that Trion really gives a crap about any of it's players.

before the game was released as a Free to play Trion 'fired' 2/3 of the original dev team. and the people they fired actually GAVE A DAMN about the players and what people thought. These new poorly experienced people in the tiny worthless cubicles need to make way for people who have been in the gaming industry for a longer period of time.

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 12:40 AM
I am loving Firefall.

I have a Firecat at level 40 and a Recluse at level 32 now. Firefall lets you show your ping and as I am in Australia my ping is around 200. Still I have no problems with lag and the servers are solid. As for repair costs, they are so minimal that I hardly notice (highest repair cost so far was about 150 crystite and I have about 20,000 crystite at the moment), typical repair cost is around 10 crystite.

The devs are very active in game and on the forums. I have been to several community events (held each week by the devs) and they are fun. Devs are clearly marked in game with the title "Red5 Developer". I was traversing through the counrtyside when I came across a downed player requesting help so I revived him and noticed he was a dev, he thanked me and gave me a 1 hour boost.

They release major patches every 3 weeks with minor patches as needed with the latest patch greatly improving the game. I love that I can change anything about my toon at any time without cost or penalty (I can change sex, hair style, hats, voice etc.). The game has motorbikes, pets, a trading system, crafting, allows for groups of 5 and platoons of 20 and the game also supports addons (I hope an update for Boing is out soon).

All of this makes it hard to play Defiance as its flaws (especially the lag) are more obvious after playing Firefall.

P.S. Now we just need a "Defiant Few" army in Firefall similar to the one set up in Destiny.

Promote that half baked game elsewhere. IF you wish to try and recruit people do it on facebook

Yrkul
08-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Someone needs a hug.

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Someone needs a hug.

not really. I beta tested for Red5...and i've seen how awesome it was before they nerfed everything. ...you know what..yeah i need a hug *hugs Yrkul*

Alastar
08-21-2014, 12:56 AM
D'aaaaaaaaawh :o lookit you two

SirServed
08-21-2014, 12:58 AM
I'd be enjoying my time in-game if I could get into combat and not get lagged out of the game. Anyways, I'm installing other games I won't name to keep me busy until this ordeal passes. Enjoy.

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 01:00 AM
I'd be enjoying my time in-game if I could get into combat and not get lagged out of the game. Anyways, I'm installing other games I won't name to keep me busy until this ordeal passes. Enjoy.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172369-Servers-need-an-Overhaul&p=1601860#post1601860

also could you message me your steam name? I think i may like to join y ou in other games until this one lags less

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 01:00 AM

*hugs you too*

Alastar
08-21-2014, 01:01 AM
*hugs you too*

*whacks snaggle with a stick* No! I do not offer a hug! XD

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 01:02 AM
*whacks snaggle with a stick* No! I do not offer a hug! XD

*wacks with a gummy snake* I know. I did! >:3

Alastar
08-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Now that's just creepy. Gummy worms. Strange person you are -_-

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 01:07 AM
I like these.

http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/large/trolli-brite-crawlers-sour-gummy-worms-candy-ff-126612.jpg

Alastar
08-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Bonehead!! XD Why am I not surprised?

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Bonehead!! XD Why am I not surprised?

They are really good!

Thegelas
08-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks to "incredibilita idiocratitis" outbreak at Trion headquarters, most ArkHunters have fled the area.

Only a very very stupid person could have "forced" the changes to Defiance of the last few weeks. We also know, Trion cares NOTHING about fixing bugs (there are bugs still in game, that plagued us at release day). SiliconValley is a lackluster "land" addon, a smack in the customers face.

Their policy of non-caring + no-idea turned Defiance from "buy to play" to "free to play". Then they got a boost of new players, and now we get the very same gameplay like 1 year ago. Few keyrewards, few arkforge rewards, drops are... uncommon and when something drops, its useless. "Evetns" still do not reset when a player leaves the area, instances are still "virtually" merged (always funny when ark-level mutants spawn at a roadblock 500m away from the stratocarrier and you are the only player around) and so on and so on.

Except for the content from the addons (missions,events, weapons etc), the game is now gameplaywise where it was April 2nd 2013. Lets hope they will fix that soon.

Infinity Eagle
08-21-2014, 01:34 AM
http://www.lowyinterpreter.org/image.axd?picture=2011%2F8%2F110802+camel.jpg

Atticus Batman
08-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Now that's just creepy. Gummy worms. Strange person you are -_-

Snaggle did NO say gummy worm! they said Gummy SNAKE! They are different!

This a (giant) gummy worm:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xNtJ8jYNt5o/TidEHT288zI/AAAAAAAACE4/lPFPC3OWC_E/s1600/giant_gummy_worm.jpg

This is a Python Gummy snake!

http://images1.vat19.com/covers/large/party-python-gummy-snake.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XeNNqeHVDw#t=62

Alastar
08-21-2014, 01:40 AM
Obvious word error on my part aside....you worry me. In an I kinda wanna buy you a special white jacket kinda way. You and bonehead both. XD

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 01:48 AM
I like these.

http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/large/trolli-brite-crawlers-sour-gummy-worms-candy-ff-126612.jpg

You, sir.....just made me go buy some.

Snaggletooth
08-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Snaggle did NO say gummy worm! they said Gummy SNAKE! They are different!

This a (giant) gummy worm:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xNtJ8jYNt5o/TidEHT288zI/AAAAAAAACE4/lPFPC3OWC_E/s1600/giant_gummy_worm.jpg

This is a Python Gummy snake!

http://images1.vat19.com/covers/large/party-python-gummy-snake.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XeNNqeHVDw#t=62

I have one of them 7 foot long Gummy snakes man. DELICIOUS *drools* I was nomming on that thing for WEEKS

Valgmorgan
08-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Anyways the reward got (slightly) boosted a bit, but not as grand as the day before the Silicon Valley-reward nerf patch. The highest I've gotten on rewards is doing the incursions from the get-go of them dropping, before the final show-down 15m timers. All the while hoping not getting dc'ed in the process. 150k'ish score, 15 keys, 10 arkforge, on my highest run with a score-multilplier running from the daily reward box. We had more then that weeks ago.

As far as that camel with the straw on it's back, that would be a great way to hide goods, and yourself while delivering goods in Archeage.

Chocolatelover67
08-21-2014, 02:42 AM
How did they get such a giant candy snake?

Custom made I wonder..

How much would it cost?

I'm downloading Firefall.........2+ hours to download. It sucks to live in Australia where we have shtako internet

Thegelas
08-21-2014, 02:54 AM
had the same idea, downloaded Firefall, tested it the 2 last days
for me, it is nothing.
I do not like the comic-style graphic
There is no scaling in enemy "level"... funy when you do a random event and a lvl 20 player comes around, places 4 turrets and then you can just sit and watch
The crafting is "lackluster"... research a few things, build the few things, but there are not enough stats, not enough randomness to suit your gamestyle.
Weapons can only be reequiped at a battlestation ina "city/outpust" or you build a one-time-use mobile one
And there are no venicles, you can buy a "moped" thing in the shop.
Deinstalled yesterday

Yrkul
08-21-2014, 03:05 AM
No worries. It's purely platonic..... I think?

crazyged
08-21-2014, 04:36 AM
It sucks to live in Australia where we have shtako internet

Hah, try living in South Africa - we have the worst of everything, particularly internet! :D

Yrkul
08-21-2014, 06:15 AM
I do not like the comic-style graphic
That's fair enough. You can tone down the cell shading and remove the outlines, though.

There is no scaling in enemy "level"... funy when you do a random event and a lvl 20 player comes around, places 4 turrets and then you can just sit and watch
Every game with a power curve has that "problem". What scaling in Defiance does, is make everything a faceroll as long as you are alone and over a certain EGO level. In Firefall, as long as mobs are not outlevelled to grey they can kill you if you don't pay attention. If a lvl 20 player plonks his turrets down in the starter zone, sure there'll be no challenge whatsoever. Mt Tam is no different.

The crafting is "lackluster"... research a few things, build the few things, but there are not enough stats, not enough randomness to suit your gamestyle.
Sure there are MMOs with better crafting systems, but what does Defiance have? And Firefall have more stats and more variation of these than Defiance weapons, as well as alternate fire modes and utility abilities. Oh, you meant those unimaginative tier bonuses?

Weapons can only be reequiped at a battlestation ina "city/outpust" or you build a one-time-use mobile one
Only changing battleframes needs a station. Changing weapons, abilities and cores can be done in the field.

And there are no venicles, you can buy a "moped" thing in the shop.
I built myself a large motorcycle when they costed a fortune, and I can build another model by now. You can win single use and permanent ones in the slot machines. And yeah, you can buy them in the store, along with a jeep-ish 4-wheeler.

Funny how people know everything after a couple of hours of play. :D

Perchta
08-21-2014, 07:04 AM
I like Defiance, I started with F2P after leaving ESO due to the Devs seeming to make changes just to appease the whiners on the forums. I liked Defiance so much so that within the first weeks I dropped about $100 in their store. But the last couple patches have made Defiance unplayable for me. Outrageous lag, total freezes in Major/Minor Arks and garbage rewards when you can actually complete something through the lag.

It's not my PC which I keep as close to the bleeding edge as possible. And it's not my connection which if FIOS. It's all on Trion

Fix Defiance Trion and folks will stop posting about playing Destiny, FireFall and My Little Pony.

drackiller
08-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Fix Defiance Trion and folks will stop posting about playing Destiny, ...

Don`t really know about the other games , but people will stop posting about Destiny because they will be playing Destiny when the time comes.
I know i will.

wartitan
08-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Don`t really know about the other games , but people will stop posting about Destiny because they will be playing Destiny when the time comes.
I know i will.

+1 - Especially since it won't error us out of the game every 5 minutes (at least the Beta didn't)...

RobDaCool
08-21-2014, 07:12 AM

I actually like Defiance more then Firefall - I couldn't find any fun to be had for myself in Firefall

Combo Breaker
08-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Fix Defiance Trion and folks will stop posting about playing Destiny, FireFall and My Little Pony.

OMG, when did they release a new My Little Pony game?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perchta
08-21-2014, 07:27 AM

Yep! They sure did.

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 07:33 AM

*runs off to cancel his Destiny preorder*

Perchta
08-21-2014, 08:02 AM
FireFall graphics remind me of Borderlands which really doesn't bother me as I like Borderlands. WildStar I love everything I've read about it then I watch a YT video and the graphics I hate, especially the combat graphics/animations. WildStar with Defiance or even FireFall's graphics and I be playing it and be $75 poorer.

H1Z1 is what I'm looking forward to, it's Sony's fleshed out version of DayZ. (which the Devs admit to). Devs encourage community input even as to what will be sold in the F2P store and things that will never be available for cash purchase. Hear that Trion? Community input. Open world PvP, compound building, crafting, survival (food, health, water), if you die you become a zombie which you have to hunt down and kill to get your gear back from. (that was last I heard, at time when you died dropped pack full of your stuff that anyone could grab). Built on the same engine as PlanetSide II so it should look good despite YT vids looking not so good. Steam early access is supposed to be soon, actually I think original date has passed.

twix
08-21-2014, 09:03 AM
i stopped Defiance because of bad pvp balance (and quite stupid world boss raid event aka WarMaster)

i had my fun while leveling in FireFall (nice graphic!!), then no activities at all once max level (no pvp too :/).. what a shame

now not really interested to come back on Defiance (glyph bug too ^^)
may be i'll play again BF4

wartitan
08-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Alrighty, this thread inspired me. Take a look at it, coming to you first Defiance Community! It's "Where Have All The Arkhunters Gone?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95meS9j4YVc&feature=youtu.be

BJWyler
08-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Disney's planning on releasing the unGeorgerated version on Blu-Ray:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/exclusive-original-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

Oh, wait a minute - nevermind:
http://screencrush.com/rumor-buster-disney-star-wars-original-releases-dvd/
;)

Rumeyes
08-21-2014, 11:02 AM

Quite some time now. It's still tricky to get the combos chained, but id say only Tekken does better.

hi1O7MZPhzo

Eugenitor
08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Quite some time now. It's still tricky to get the combos chained, but id say only Tekken does better.

hi1O7MZPhzo

Fighting is Magic! Yeah, they got C&D'd a while back. (Fortunately, >CLOP (http://clop.us) can never be C&D'd.)

It's funny how we're talking about ponies instead of Trion's game, why would pony games be more fun than a shooter? Oh, right! Because those games don't actively punish their users for playing them.

MrAwe
08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm torn.
I've tried Archeage and it is quite playable. (South Korean version)

Trion DID NOT make it, so it has that going for it.

If I pay for the game, the money would be going to the publisher (Trion) rather than the South Korean company who made it,
so I'm torn if I should "go there" and fuel Trion's shenanigans

GooberStomper
08-21-2014, 11:15 AM
True question is, who is in charge of westernizing this Korean game?

TRION?

If so ................enough said

squidgod2000
08-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm torn.
I've tried Archeage and it is quite playable. (South Korean version)

Trion DID NOT make it, so it has that going for it.

If I pay for the game, the money would be going to the publisher (Trion) rather than the South Korean company who made it,
so I'm torn if I should "go there" and fuel Trion's shenanigans

Trion is a good developer/publisher, but Defiance is something of a special case. It's their only cross-platform/console game and it's pretty obvious that the underlying code is a complete mess. Add to that a rushed launch (because of the show), digging themselves into a hole by pre-selling DLC packs before launch and a lack of vision by management and you end up with the mess of a game we've got now.

Trion earned (and continues to generate) a lot of goodwill among the MMO community with Rift and while their projects since then--Defiance, the sh*t-canned End of Nations and the befuddling Trove--haven't met the bar set by Rift, I wouldn't hold it against them in regards to ArcheAge.

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Trion is a good developer/publisher, but Defiance is something of a special case. It's their only cross-platform/console game and it's pretty obvious that the underlying code is a complete mess. Add to that a rushed launch (because of the show), digging themselves into a hole by pre-selling DLC packs before launch and a lack of vision by management and you end up with the mess of a game we've got now.

Trion earned (and continues to generate) a lot of goodwill among the MMO community with Rift and while their projects since then--Defiance, the sh*t-canned End of Nations and the befuddling Trove--haven't met the bar set by Rift, I wouldn't hold it against them in regards to ArcheAge.

I've heard a lot of complaints here from Rift players too so I think if they once set the bar, they should probably move it down. F2P on Rift caused a lot of issues is the rumor.

Of course those Rift players visiting the forums probably represent only a minority of the actual playerbase... *ahem*

Yrkul
08-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Disney's planning on releasing the unGeorgerated version on Blu-Ray:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/exclusive-original-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

Oh, wait a minute - nevermind:
http://screencrush.com/rumor-buster-disney-star-wars-original-releases-dvd/
;)

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120616003315/random-ness/images/9/9f/Darth_vader_no.gif

drackiller
08-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Alrighty, this thread inspired me. Take a look at it, coming to you first Defiance Community! It's "Where Have All The Arkhunters Gone?"

LOL, keep them comming. :)

Dandrielas
08-21-2014, 12:04 PM
On the bright side, Trion is making a thriving community. Nothing like a common enemy to get people to work together.

Deunan
08-21-2014, 12:04 PM
LOL, keep them comming. :)I thought it was going to be to the tune of Where Have All the Good Times Gone?

That song's lyrics are actually kind of appropriate as they are though.

http://youtu.be/EqrwsGrfv7M

Alastar
08-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I thought it was going to be to the tune of Where Have All the Good Times Gone?

That song's lyrics are actually kind of appropriate as they are though.

http://youtu.be/EqrwsGrfv7M

I was thinking where have all the children gone. Think the somber tune fits well enough :D

squidgod2000
08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I've heard a lot of complaints here from Rift players too so I think if they once set the bar, they should probably move it down. F2P on Rift caused a lot of issues is the rumor.

Rift is lauded for having one of the better F2P systems, but what people complain about the most is that you can buy gear from the cash shop. It's ridiculously expensive and one tier below the best gear, but it's still "buying power."

Eugenitor
08-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Add to that a rushed launch (because of the show), digging themselves into a hole by pre-selling DLC packs before launch and a lack of vision by management and you end up with the mess of a game we've got now.

Maybe it's because I joined with the rest of the F2Pers, but I squarely blame the current woes on 2.2 and the associated horrible decisions and I think most people who joined when I did are in agreement. When I first started playing, I was genuinely having fun- got some good weapons and a good strategy going. Sure, some of the DLCs are kinda crappy, but whatever, I bought the bundle as a package deal. I was going to do all the pursuits, get to max EGO at a nice pace, do plenty of Warmonkeys and arkfalls along the way.

Now I can't. I can't keep my weapons up to speed for the indefinite future, and nothing ever drops that's any good. Now I just PVP and do the occasional Volge siege, and not even that often, because I'm relying on daily/weekly rewards to let me keep rating-upgrading my decent stuff as I (unwillingly) level up. Elite PVP players who've been fighting me, know this: I don't have any legendaries. I couldn't afford to keep them upgraded anyway. When you see my name to the left of yours, it's from a purple or blue weapon.

Trion has officially patched out fun.

wartitan
08-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Trion has officially patched out fun.

This is all that needs to be said :)

Dartaan
08-21-2014, 02:34 PM
I like WarTitan's new song Where have all the Ark hunters gone.

Overtkill21
08-21-2014, 02:49 PM
I was thinking where have all the children gone. Think the somber tune fits well enough :D

Why not

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Why not

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

That's more my era and speed.

Skerrick
08-21-2014, 03:41 PM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/06/leaderboard-firefall-vs-defiance-vs-destiny/

Leaderboard: Firefall vs. Defiance vs. Destiny
Firefall 1301 (46.8%)
Defiance 456 (16.4%)
Destiny 1025 (36.8%)

The average number of players on Steam for Defiance are going down (no surprise there). Last year when the average was around 400, the world still felt more populated than it does now.

Atticus Batman
08-21-2014, 03:45 PM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/06/leaderboard-firefall-vs-defiance-vs-destiny/

Leaderboard: Firefall vs. Defiance vs. Destiny
Firefall 1301 (46.8%)
Defiance 456 (16.4%)
Destiny 1025 (36.8%)

The average number of players on Steam for Defiance are going down (no surprise there). Last year when the average was around 400, the world still felt more populated than it does now.

Couldn't part of that be, because Trion is trying to push their players into using Glyph instead? Remember I am not a Pc player, so no attacks if I am wrong, just nicely inform me, thank you.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Couldn't part of that be, because Trion is trying to push their players into using Glyph instead? Remember I am not a Pc player, so no attacks if I am wrong, just nicely inform me, thank you.

Everyone who has the game on pc now has to use glyph. I still launch through steam out of habit and so I can track my game time across my three accounts. 3750 hrs.

Vega
08-21-2014, 03:56 PM
          

BJWyler
08-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Yeah, that was a classic, but can it top this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHGRqyqn22Y

Overtkill21
08-21-2014, 04:59 PM

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Deunan
08-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Couldn't part of that be, because Trion is trying to push their players into using Glyph instead? Remember I am not a Pc player, so no attacks if I am wrong, just nicely inform me, thank you.No. Using Glyph doesn't replace the use of the Steam client. When players buy or download F2P Defiance through Steam rather than through Glyph it's because they want to be able to use the Steam client functions with the game so it is a fairly safe assumption to say that not a single player who did so doesn't run the game without the Steam overlay. The drop in Steam concurrency numbers for Defiance is pure attrition and it's more than twice that of other F2P game launches in a fraction of the time.

Chocolatelover67
08-22-2014, 02:50 AM
Hey anyone on Firefall from here?

I'd like to join or start a group there so we can do missions...... And get help. currently stuck on that first mission in the computer core and lame guns don't help

GreenCheet00s
08-22-2014, 03:25 AM
I was able to get threat level 10 last night on ps3. A lot of people of people gathered for a siege on northpoint.

Thegelas
08-22-2014, 03:37 AM
No. Using Glyph doesn't replace the use of the Steam client. When players buy or download F2P Defiance through Steam rather than through Glyph it's because they want to be able to use the Steam client functions with the game so it is a fairly safe assumption to say that not a single player who did so doesn't run the game without the Steam overlay. The drop in Steam concurrency numbers for Defiance is pure attrition and it's more than twice that of other F2P game launches in a fraction of the time.

Bold assumption...
2 months ago I still used the "pure defiance" launcher I got at releaseday.
Then I had to reinstall and the old installer did not work anymore, I wanted to install through steam and could not, Steam told me "we are working on this". I installed Defiance on another computer 3 weeks ago and is is still not working through steam. Only Glyph.

MasterThor
08-22-2014, 04:32 AM

I agree with this guy.

Nalai
08-22-2014, 07:02 AM
I stopped playing because the game stopped being fun and just became one endless grind with no rewards. I'm enjoying a break and playing a bit of Diablo 3.

Mosche
08-22-2014, 07:12 AM
This is the worst kind of self-destructive behaviour Ive seen from game devs in a looooong time. Since the cashgrab-patch Ive only gotten trash loot, in direct contradiction to their words. Haven't seen a single orange despite playing quite a lot and regularly finishing in the top3 in events.
All T3 lockboxes since patch = TRASH
Rewards for placing first in events = TWO BLUE TRASH WEAPONS

l Krazey Ivan l
08-23-2014, 09:14 AM
I just don't care.

Amen brother !

MollyMayhem
08-23-2014, 09:26 AM
it is the game breaking nerf of the arkforge that makes it impossible to maintain equipment that I have a major problem with.

Agreed! I finally get weapons and shields I care about and cannot afford to keep them to my level. The drops are so pathetic that they aren't worth it and usually get broken or sold to vendors. We cannot afford to spend any more "real" money on this game....

I don't mind supporting a game I love UP TO A POINT....but this has become ridiculous.

Game has become boring...no new content...Silicon Valley is a big letdown.

My husband and I have been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot and even started Rift. Someone mentioned Firefall....think we'll check that out as well.

It's a damn shame, as we both loved this game so much and still love the TV show. We plan to log on a bit today to see how things are, but it gets boring so fast, now.....

Very sad......

BadAxe4U
08-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Agreed! I finally get weapons and shields I care about and cannot afford to keep them to my level. The drops are so pathetic that they aren't worth it and usually get broken or sold to vendors. We cannot afford to spend any more "real" money on this game....

I don't mind supporting a game I love UP TO A POINT....but this has become ridiculous.

My husband and I have been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot and even started Rift. Someone mentioned Firefall....think we'll check that out as well.

It's a damn shame, as we both loved this game so much and still love the TV show. We plan to log on a bit today to see how things are, but it gets boring so fast, now.....

Very sad......

My clan members and other players have moved over to Firefall It is new and has some bugs, but we like it. Defiance devs take note, we are moving on and taking our wallets with us. We don't like all the nerfing and grinding for guns we don't want.

l Krazey Ivan l
08-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Very sad......

Totally agree. I loved this game too till they started nerfing everything. They give with one hand and take with the other and they have taken the fun out of everything that was worth doing in the game and silly-con valley is a joke. when we point these things out to them they insult us and tell us we are playing wrong.They tell us they want us to make suggestions so they can make the game better but when we do they just ignore them. I cant play for more than 10 or 20 minutes anymore because it just feels like hard work trying to get anywhere.

Chocolatelover67
08-23-2014, 09:59 AM
How do you add friends in Firefall? I need some people to play with and help with missions. Not a good player at that compared to Defiance and I need help with the first mission and yeah I know that sounds kind of bad..... "sigh"

character name there is Josene

Deunan
08-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Bold assumption...No it's not. I'm not talking about you as you don't even belong to the demographic that was being discussed so your experience is not relevant. As you noted the game wasn't available through Steam after it went F2P so you're not even included among the Steam concurrency numbers that's being discussed.

As an aside, if you didn't install the game through Steam you're not going to be able to launch it through Steam, so I'm assuming on your third computer you did install it through Steam. Otherwise it would be silly to question why you can't get it to run with the Steam overlay. If you did install it through Steam, run a Steam client verification on the game to see if it is missing any files. The Glyph client can remove Steam data files for Defiance or corrupt them as part of the Glyph installation process. I had the same problem a little over a week ago and Live Chat support suggested I run the verification and sure enough a huge amount of data had been removed. After the Steam client updated the game files it ran fine with the Steam overlay.

BadAxe4U
08-23-2014, 10:29 AM
How do you add friends in Firefall? I need some people to play with and help with missions. Not a good player at that compared to Defiance and I need help with the first mission and yeah I know that sounds kind of bad..... "sigh"

character name there is Josene

Hi, To answer your question, there are 2 ways to do it. You can use the chat window and the slash commands. To see them, press return and type "/help", no quotes, to see your options. The help command is good to know and use. Or, press the letter "O" on your keyboard and select the "player name" box, then enter name and press add friend. I added you as a friend in Firefall, accept and I will help you. Add me to Steam,"BadAxe4U" friends and it will be easier to communicate at times. :cool:

Perchta
08-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Will try to look some of you up in FireFall. Great fun but I often get in over my head solo then die. An interesting thing about dying is very often the mobs that will you will start running to where you respawn. An interesting feature as it strings out the mobs letting you kill them if you are careful.

Have been trying Archeage (Trion) Beta 4 event, tons of keys still out there on sites like ZAM for anyone wanting to give it a go. It's not my cup of tea unfortunately as I love sandbox games. It just seems too regimented to me. Tote this, fetch that, bring me 20 ostrich stomachs.

Raxx
08-23-2014, 01:36 PM
I stopped playing because the game stopped being fun and just became one endless grind with no rewards. I'm enjoying a break and playing a bit of Diablo 3.

I too have walked away from the game, I have been occupying my time till Destiny comes out by getting my *** handed to me in Dark souls 1&2

Skerrick
08-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I have lost all faith in Trion and simply no longer care about Defiance.

I occasionally play Defiance but mainly on my alt and only for short durations (mostly when I can't play Firefall).
I used to love advancing my EGO but now I can't be bothered to do the boring SV pursuits and I no longer care about my EGO level being maxed.

My wallet is closed to Trion. I now spend my money in Firefall and since I am enjoying it, I plan to spend more there.

To those who have also moved on to Firefall, feel free to add me to your friends list. IGN: Skerrick.

See you in New Eden.

OldestGamer
08-23-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldestGamer
Where's our achievements for x-box,FTP killed them I guess?
Hi OldestGamer

F2P has nothing to do with achievements at this point, because we have not gone F2P on Xbox.

And - there are restrictions on when and how many achievements a game can release. With Defiance, we have associated achievements (and trophies) with DLC's only. We may change this in the future, but at this point thats the reason why you haven't seen any new ones.

This is 1 reason the players aren't here, at least for x box

Chocolatelover67
08-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Hi, To answer your question, there are 2 ways to do it. You can use the chat window and the slash commands. To see them, press return and type "/help", no quotes, to see your options. The help command is good to know and use. Or, press the letter "O" on your keyboard and select the "player name" box, then enter name and press add friend. I added you as a friend in Firefall, accept and I will help you. Add me to Steam,"BadAxe4U" friends and it will be easier to communicate at times. :cool:

I have to reinstall the game......... I got bored and deleted it LOL

I put Star Wars The Old Republic on my PC as well but the controls seem totally wonky in how they are implemented. Though it kind of reminds me of Mass Effect 3 with the way dialogs work.....

Baines
08-24-2014, 02:13 PM
It is sadly funny seeing so many Defiance players deciding that the grass is greener in Firefall.

I say that as I came to Defiance from Firefall, after Red 5 either through either ineptness or greed had gone a long way towards killing what was interesting about their game. Firefall has always had a troubled development history, but I particulary mean the barely tested major overhaul right before official launch that retooled the game to be more of a standard simplistic vertical-based MMO.

From playing both Defiance and Firefall, I will say that might advice for any such game is unfortunately: "Don't read the forums or talk to anyone who played months before you started. That way you will never find out how much better the game used to be or how the devs are ruining it."

Perchta
08-25-2014, 07:17 AM
It is sadly funny seeing so many Defiance players deciding that the grass is greener in Firefall.

From playing both Defiance and Firefall, I will say that might advice for any such game is unfortunately: "Don't read the forums or talk to anyone who played months before you started. That way you will never find out how much better the game used to be or how the devs are ruining it."

So true. I've been playing Trion's ArcheAge 4th Beta event this weekend with a key I got from ZAM. From reading their boards the complaints about the game, store and how Trion is running things gives one the impression the game is doomed before it's ever live in NA. Folks even compare the NA version of the game to the Korean and Russian which have been out for like a year and a half.

Folks reading the forum might just walk away from Archeage without ever giving the game a try and some will enter the game with a negative bias due to the forums.

On a side note there are several Defiance players over in Archeage who despite still *****ing about how Trion is doing there there they love the game as a whole.

Raxx
08-25-2014, 07:22 AM
I have lost all faith in Trion and simply no longer care about Defiance.

I occasionally play Defiance but mainly on my alt and only for short durations (mostly when I can't play Firefall).
I used to love advancing my EGO but now I can't be bothered to do the boring SV pursuits and I no longer care about my EGO level being maxed.

My wallet is closed to Trion. I now spend my money in Firefall and since I am enjoying it, I plan to spend more there.

To those who have also moved on to Firefall, feel free to add me to your friends list. IGN: Skerrick.

See you in New Eden.

I only log in pretty much because I have met some awesome people in game that I like to shoot the Shtako with