PDA

View Full Version : What Trion doesn't get is that hurting veteran players hurts everyone

TalynOne
08-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Veteran players are the ones that run clans, recruit new players in the game, teach them how to play, help them with pursuits and get them excited about reaching max ego and aspects of the game they never knew.

By turning the game into a bit store grindfest you've killed off clans, recruiting, and creating an toxic environment in the various clan voice channels.

This has affected your player population and potential bit store customers away from the game. I don't have to see specifics to know that. The virtually empty arkfalls/sieges/etc.. and big drop off numbers is steam is proof.

The most painful part is that virtually the entire community was screaming "I told you so" all along the way and like everything else, even though you say you welcome feedback, you chose to ignore it. Enjoy the downfall of your own making.

DIS
08-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Veteran players are the ones that run clans, recruit new players in the game, teach them how to play, help them with pursuits... *snipped*

That is exactly why hurting Veterans IS beneficial. The new players come in, have no idea how to level up, have no one to help them so what do they do when the game gets hard? They go to the bit store to buy boosts to make it easier, or boxes to try to get better weapons. All the while, if there are no vets, there is no one to tell them how much of a rip off the boxes are, or how easy it is to level up if you know the proper techniques.

As a man much smoother than myself once said, "It's all about the Benjamins, baby"

TalynOne
08-15-2014, 09:10 AM
That is exactly why hurting Veterans IS beneficial. The new players come in, have no idea how to level up, have no one to help them so what do they do when the game gets hard? They go to the bit store to buy boosts to make it easier, or boxes to try to get better weapons. All the while, if there are no vets, there is no one to tell them how much of a rip off the boxes are, or how easy it is to level up if you know the proper techniques.

As a man much smoother than myself once said, "It's all about the Benjamins, baby"

In early game leveling up is just about shooting things. Once you reach EGO 1-2k most new players need more experienced players to teach them about contracts, pursuits, weapon modding, synergies, etc.. Most new players don't even know if they have good or bad weapons until someone else tells them what is good and bad. That player will eventually buy more inventory slots, boosts and possibly costumes as they get more into the game.

At most a newbie without advice will buy a box, realize they got ripped off and then quit the game.

dramaQkarri
08-15-2014, 09:11 AM

It may be beneficial atm but long term? No way. These new players are not a bunch of crazy people, they're trying out the game. And they will get aggravated just like we all have and slam their wallets back shut.

DIS
08-15-2014, 09:29 AM
It may be beneficial atm but long term? No way. These new players are not a bunch of crazy people, they're trying out the game. And they will get aggravated just like we all have and slam their wallets back shut.

I don't think Trion is concerned with long term. Besides, once the F2P players slow down their spending to a certain point, all Trion has to do is have a bit sale and/or cut the prices a bit and spending will pick right back up. Keep that up for another year or two then dump the game or let it run until the population falls below certain point and shut it down. To be honest though, there will ALWAYS be new players for a F2P game. Every time some kid gets on an xbox for the first time, free games come first, then mommy's credit card gets melted.

Ruinne
08-15-2014, 09:32 AM
You always hurt the ones you love.

dramaQkarri
08-15-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't think Trion is concerned with long term. Besides, once the F2P players slow down their spending to a certain point, all Trion has to do is have a bit sale and/or cut the prices a bit and spending will pick right back up. Keep that up for another year or two then dump the game or let it run until the population falls below certain point and shut it down. To be honest though, there will ALWAYS be new players for a F2P game. Every time some kid gets on an xbox for the first time, free games come first, then mommy's credit card gets melted.

Yeah it's a downward spiral. A lot of angry mommies when those credit card bills hit!