PDA

View Full Version : New around here

Evilidea
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
So, I am currently DL'ing the game and have a few questions and yes I tried to search but was having hard time so hopefully a helpful gamer ;) will answer some for me.

1. What are servers like compared to say rift or SWTOR
2. Is it open like most MMO's or is this a co-op or like COD? (dev diaries suggest true MMO but...)
3. Coming into this game with no RL friends, what do I need to know about the social aspects and how to complete group content?
4. Anything you want to add?

Thank you in advance for welcoming me to this new world:D

Keverettusps
04-03-2013, 04:38 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?15641-Starter-Guide-and-Tips

Keverettusps
04-03-2013, 04:39 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?17190-Some-advice-for-those

Keverettusps
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
So, I am currently DL'ing the game and have a few questions and yes I tried to search but was having hard time so hopefully a helpful gamer ;) will answer some for me.

1. What are servers like compared to say rift or SWTOR
2. Is it open like most MMO's or is this a co-op or like COD? (dev diaries suggest true MMO but...)
3. Coming into this game with no RL friends, what do I need to know about the social aspects and how to complete group content?
4. Anything you want to add?

Thank you in advance for welcoming me to this new world:D

1. So far one server and I have seen no issues in the U.S. btw U.S and EU are separate so every country plays with their fellow countrymen

2. It is a non-stop co-op experience, so everyone can shoot a an enemy and you can see all the other players and they can see you. The enemy will fight all those around it not just you. If your doing a quest and 5+ people are doing the same quest all actions toward that quest count as completing that quest I.e flipping switches or killing waves of MOBS. Missions are repayable for farming.

There is also Main quest, Episode missions, Challenges, Contracts, Side missions, Dynamic events, and PVP 64v64

3. Chat sucks and don't bother muting in PVP because its broken, there are groups and Clans. Groups are just made via invite clans are bought after a certain requirement is met.

4. The U.I is horrible be prepared also don't be alarmed by how strange the game is lol.

Evilidea
04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Cool thanks for all the great info, I hope I enjoy the game. ( Sometime tomarrow after DL is done, the Inet of the Grand Tetons, not to be envied lol).

Also, how many toons can one acct have as I usually become a alt-aholic?

cypheon
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
"inet of the grand tetons, not to be envied"... at least you aren't on satellite internet, blazing fast downloads, 5 second delays between pushing a button and the server receiving your commands.. all the while the ai is blasting you to bits :D

Evilidea
04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
"inet of the grand tetons, not to be envied"... at least you aren't on satellite internet, blazing fast downloads, 5 second delays between pushing a button and the server receiving your commands.. all the while the ai is blasting you to bits :D

True, my only issue is DL'ing large files, every game I play has no issues and ping is usually good. Sattelite was my other option but I told wife nope I dont think thats the way

cypheon
04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
trust me, as i've tried to play shooters through satellite connection... you've made the right call. 56k dialup is a better option than sat-net providers for gaming... still... :(