PDA

View Full Version : Does PC content carry over to Console?

Blakkheim
08-16-2014, 09:03 PM
I bought the $100 Steam preorder where you got everything since we hit all 3 levels of the preorder.

I have a PS3. After the PSN finally came back online today, I was finally able to download the PS3 F2P version.

After linking my PS3 account to my Glyph account, I went to create a new character (after restarting the client like the pop up said). Now I figure I can't carry over PC characters but at least I hoped the Season Pass would. At Character Creator, Castithan race was blocked out.

So does the Season Pass and Patron Pass not carry over (I have 189 days)? Does anything carry over or do you have to start everything over?

I honestly don't know why I care since PC is vastly superior to console in every way.

I have PS+ so I at least got those goodies. I also Googled for the answer but could only find launch topics wanting a refund for the Season Pass when Trion looked like they were going under.

Thank you for any help on this matter.

DCHawkthorne
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Griffix8
08-16-2014, 09:15 PM
No, no content carries over. If you bought the season pass on one platform you cannot apply it to your account another platform, you will simply have to buy it over again.

You also have to completely start over any characters you have and any inventory slots, loadouts, etc must be purchased again if you had bought them before.

Jet1337
08-16-2014, 09:30 PM
It's pretty stupid that trion didn't implement this, otherwise I'd be playing on the pc version instead of the problematic 360 version. Just another example of a company capitalizing off of peoples' ignorance.

Deunan
08-16-2014, 10:15 PM
It's pretty stupid that trion didn't implement this, otherwise I'd be playing on the pc version instead of the problematic 360 version. Just another example of a company capitalizing off of peoples' ignorance.If they could implement it they would. They would implement it and monetize it and most players wouldn't mind paying a fee to do so. They can't do it, or at least not easily enough to make it practical enough to make it a feature.

hardy83
08-17-2014, 11:11 AM
It's pretty stupid that trion didn't implement this, otherwise I'd be playing on the pc version instead of the problematic 360 version. Just another example of a company capitalizing off of peoples' ignorance.

It's fun to blame someone when you don't know anything about the situation. lol

cross-platform play is not doable due to Sonys and MSs policies. Not Trion being "ignorant".

nathanpbutler
08-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Note: One thing does carry over: the items you unlock via the EGO codes with each episode of the show's second season.

Otherwise, yeah, Sony and Microsoft being adversarial with each other (obviously) keep anything else from carrying over.

hardy83
08-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm sure it would be possible with one or the other to communicate with PC, such as games like FFXIV, but that obviously would just anger the other console players as being "left behind".

Jet1337
08-17-2014, 03:02 PM
It's fun to blame someone when you don't know anything about the situation. lol

cross-platform play is not doable due to Sonys and MSs policies. Not Trion being "ignorant".

LOLOOL It's TOTALLY FUN TO BLAME SOMEONE!!!! I DO IT ALL THE TIME ESPCIALLY WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MS'S POLICIES!!! :DDDDD

This isn't about cross-platform play. It's about being able to transfer an account from one server to another.

MS's cross-platform policy is them basically saying, "We don't want the pc community kicking the ***** of our Xbox community because of our inferior system specs and inferior controller.". They want an equal gameplay experience for everyone, but that's microsoft excercising a communist dictatorship. You don't get to do what you want on their system. You have to abide by THEIR rules or it's the death penalty for you.

hardy83
08-17-2014, 03:04 PM
LOLOOL It's TOTALLY FUN TO BLAME SOMEONE!!!! I DO IT ALL THE TIME ESPCIALLY WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MS'S POLICIES!!! :DDDDD

This isn't about cross-platform play. It's about being able to transfer an account from one server to another.

Different formats and/or different servers.
To have an account move from one platform to the other would require that the information physically be moved.
It's not as simple as a "sever transfer" in some MMOs.

Some way would be nice for sure, also cross-play for all three systems would be even more awesome, especially when Trions server farm blows up since it can barely handle 5k people playing let alone all platforms at once. lol

Jet1337
08-17-2014, 03:09 PM
It's trion's fault for designing their servers like that. When ESO comes out, you'll be able to transfer console accounts to pc's and back again. Trion Worlds was established in 2006, so I wouldn't expect them to have this feature here. Newb devs FTL.

IcecuebPAL
08-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Aiming on console is way too hard for me. It would be unfair to put console and PC players together. Well when it comes to PVP.