PDA

View Full Version : WAR MASTER + Newbie = Disaster !!DEV READ!!

jotheshow
08-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Dear friends,

we really need to make changes, it is possible that after upgrading free2play no longer able to break down the WARMASTER.

You may not understand that the NEWBIE not have a clue:

1 how to read the chat
2 how to shoot in the right places
3 use a weapon with a high crit when the shield goes down

I AM tired of spending time to get from WARMASTER and see all my work thrown in the toilet.

Are certainly not the first idiot to play (Ego 5900)

Do something or I swear that my keyboard will soon meet my screen.

IDEAS:

Make different instances where you divide the difficulty levels in EGO (1-1000 / 1001-2000 / 2001-3000 / 3001-4000 / 4001- + 5000)

Needless to play with people who just receive a blow from the monster die.

If you have other ideas please add below.

Jo

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Believe it or not, it's done that way on purpose.

drackiller
08-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Believe it or not, it's done that way on purpose.

Yup, working as intended...sadly.

DeathRogue
08-19-2014, 02:17 AM
Dear friends,

we really need to make changes, it is possible that after upgrading free2play no longer able to break down the WARMASTER.

You may not understand that the NEWBIE not have a clue:

1 how to read the chat
2 how to shoot in the right places
3 use a weapon with a high crit when the shield goes down

I AM tired of spending time to get from WARMASTER and see all my work thrown in the toilet.

IDEAS:

Make different instances where you divide the difficulty levels in EGO (1-1000 / 1001-2000 / 2001-3000 / 3001-4000 / 4001- + 5000)

Needless to play with people who just receive a blow from the monster die.

If you have other ideas please add below.

Jo

LoL I may NOT be over 1500 in my EGO but Im not a new person to MMORPG Type Games. This Game here is no exception : as all the aspect of this game is pretty simple. I Have got to tell you this. I Called down 2 Major Arkfalls with my brother in this game and invited lots to join in. not 1 of them said anything about our low EGO LvLs. are we supposed to be higher lvl? because if its my Script that brings it down I do not mind who is all there. LoL. we get it we get it. if not then No ones out anything that did not call it down LoL :D

drackiller
08-19-2014, 02:18 AM
LoL I may NOT be over 1500 in my EGO but Im not a new person to MMORPG Type Games. This Game here is no exception : as all the aspect of this game is pretty simple. I Have got to tell you this. I Called down 2 Major Arkfalls with my brother in this game and invited lots to join in. not 1 of them said anything about our low EGO LvLs. are we supposed to be higher lvl? because if its my Script that brings it down I do not mind who is all there. LoL. we get it we get it. if not then No ones out anything that did not call it down LoL :D

Did you also win it!? lol

Snib
08-19-2014, 03:59 AM

And that is the problem. You bring the threat level up to 10 and all of the newbies get one-shot and can't deal relevant damage anymore. Not your fault, of course, but neither is it theirs. It's the out of whack scaling system.

Telemachus
08-19-2014, 04:02 AM
If they haven't already , they should default the chat to the TEAM setting as you're transitioning into the instance.

May help slightly.

Also they should modify the ego to correctly identify the best loadouts and tactics ... not hurry hurry shoot and fail, that is outdated and didn't ever work in the first place.

May need to add a few minutes to the encounter before it will escape too.

Kanah
08-19-2014, 04:28 AM
Yup, working as intended...sadly.

Got to reduce the flow of loot into the game, right? I am sure the difficulty level (ie, nearly impossible) is exactly as intended, also it's no coincidence that lock-timers were added during the f2p transition. If you want loot, you know where you're supposed to find it...

drackiller
08-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Got to reduce the flow of loot into the game, right? I am sure the difficulty level (ie, nearly impossible) is exactly as intended, also it's no coincidence that lock-timers were added during the f2p transition. If you want loot, you know where you're supposed to find it...
Yeah, but they will not feel the flow of my money from my wallet to their wallet. :)

hiban
08-19-2014, 04:30 AM

They already didvide the people in different instances. The difference is that where everyone goes is totally random.
You can end up in an instance with only 1 other people, the same that you can appear in an already started warmaster battle from a different server/shard, in which there are 2 minutes remaining for the WM to escape. It's random, it's frustrating, and it ruins the effort of organising anything.

I already told this in other threads, there is ONE necessary fix which will solve most -if not all- the problems with the WM: Fix the instancing.

For every arkbreak, create A SINGLE instance. Put ALL the people outside an arkbreak inside the SAME instance. If there are 27 people fighting on the outside, i want those exact 27 people to continue with me when we go inside.

DON'T MIX PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT SHARDS. If you call an arkbreak and when the gates close there are only 2 people inside, let those 2 people be in their instance. They don't need random people from other shards being thrown at them. Maybe they even dont want people to bump their Threat Level.

It isn't so hard, Trion. You could at least try it in the PTS.

KasperSheitup
08-19-2014, 04:51 AM
If they haven't already , they should default the chat to the TEAM setting as you're transitioning into the instance.

May help slightly.

Also they should modify the ego to correctly identify the best loadouts and tactics ... not hurry hurry shoot and fail, that is outdated and didn't ever work in the first place.

May need to add a few minutes to the encounter before it will escape too.

They've actually taken steps in the opposite direction by adding the locks putting in another element of "you have to hurry" for the newbies. Before there was time to explain and agree on a target, now it's just rush rush rush.
People are even putting down damage spikes to "break the locks in time before he disappears" (yeah, they think he will disappear if they don't break the locks within three minutes...)

Chat is stil not defaulting to team, at least not for me, it stays on clan chat (but I can see team chat in my clan tab)

And they've already said that what EGO says wont be changed.

drackiller
08-19-2014, 05:02 AM
But they think they play well and they assume that they know what they are doing...
Doomed to fail forever...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/Warmasterfailme5noobs1111_zpsce269f3c.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/Warmasterfailme5noobs1111_zpsce269f3c.jpg.html)

squidgod2000
08-19-2014, 05:18 AM
Haven't even touched WM since the keys/forge nerf. Before I could fail and still walk out with 40+ keys, but now it's a complete waste of time.

I think Trion should link the WM's armor plates to one damage pool (with the same HPs it already has)--so that no matter which plate you shoot, you're still contributing to the effort--and have all plates break when the armor is broken. I think that would move the success rate up to a more acceptable 10-15%.

Kyosji
08-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Only issue I have with this event is how it loads me into an instance of the game where my 35 minutes remaining turns to 3 minutes, and my score resets. It's happened to me 3 of the 5 times I've run it. Not worth my time anymore until they fix that. I wouldn't have minded it as much if I could have just gone in with the score I had before the load, but to think your entering with a score of 130k-150k just to finish the WM even with 5k is too much.

Ruinne
08-19-2014, 05:52 AM
Been there, done that. I took a break before the threat patch so I've only seen the WM go down when someone was cheating.

Now it's a half hour effort for a couple of greens and a blue. Not worth the time, like most of the formerly fun things in Defiance. It's no longer desirable to do them if you want to progress, there are more efficient ways to waste your time that don't risk the inflammation of Defiance's other great feature: Instability.

DeathRogue
08-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Did you also win it!? lol

Nope and trust me that didnt stop us from calling down a 2nd and then another player calling down 2 of his own. Just because you don't win doesnt mean others didnt acquire anything though :) EGO Went up 3 times in each one LoL./

dearhcrow89
08-19-2014, 06:32 AM

im sorry to tell ya but the only person this will hurt is you and i must laugh at it cus its a bit over the edge

Snib
08-19-2014, 06:42 AM
But they think they play well and they assume that they know what they are doing...
Doomed to fail forever...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/Warmasterfailme5noobs1111_zpsce269f3c.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/Warmasterfailme5noobs1111_zpsce269f3c.jpg.html)

See, that's exactly what I meant, that has absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what to do. Those guys were probably all EGO 300 and would have done it easily hadn't you been there. But as the system stands, doomed to fail indeed.

drackiller
08-19-2014, 07:15 AM
See, that's exactly what I meant, that has absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what to do. Those guys were probably all EGO 300 and would have done it easily hadn't you been there. But as the system stands, doomed to fail indeed.

Sorry m8, but that`s not my problem (not trying to be an arse here, it is what it is).
Even if i weren`t there, i doubt that they would do much better and let me explain why:
We where only 6 there and , yet, i made a poor score. If we where 6 high EGO players there we would made all of us more than 100K for sure, but none will have 10X more score than the second player in the score table.

And just for your information, i don`t play for score, i always play for the win, wich is obviously impossible...

SilverWF
08-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Those guys were probably all EGO 300 and would have done it easily hadn't you been there.

I'm VERY doubt in this.

Most of noobs playing even without damage numbers, so they are shooting just to WM and didn't understand, what they deal zero damage.

Perchta
08-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Since the last patch fewer people seem to either bother to come to called down Arks, major or minor. Twice in the past two days Majors have spawned while I was the only one in the window, I was considering calling one down if enough folks wanted to play it. No response in Zone when said I would call one down if we could get 20 to play it. Then without placing first Spike the Major hit. Four other players showed up, needed to say once we got to monkey boy we were toast.

In same day another Major hit without being called down according to player that was there. 15 players showed up and I don't know how be we killed spanked the monkey pretty quick. I died a lot but then at EGO 3K I'm used to that at breaks.

KasperSheitup
08-19-2014, 07:37 AM

I tried this yesterday actually, with an alt char about EGO400. I scored around 80000. Not impressive but still came in 2nd place in the event.
It IS because they have NO CLUE. Do you?

Jet1337
08-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Why are newbs even attempting to fight the warmonkey? They don't have the gear or perks to be successful there. Plus, they have no idea what they're doing. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in this game, but it is pretty funny. xD

Snib
08-19-2014, 12:04 PM
I tried this yesterday actually, with an alt char about EGO400. I scored around 80000. Not impressive but still came in 2nd place in the event.
It IS because they have NO CLUE. Do you?

So you are trying to tell me that there were EGO 5900 chars around yet you scored 2nd on your EGO 400 with only 80k (a score that you can get just from killing the spawns outside already)? Try again.

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 12:12 PM
i beat the WM 3 times or so after patch.....would love to sell my splitshot rad grenadier ego 5900....ps Psycho DMG3

KasperSheitup
08-19-2014, 12:13 PM
So you are trying to tell me that there were EGO 5900 chars around yet you scored 2nd on your EGO 400 with only 80k (a score that you can get just from killing the spawns outside already)? Try again.

No, I'm saying no high EGO players want to do WM anymore because of the poor raid control so if you go it will fill up with newbies that don't know what to do and it will be a fail. There were a few EGO 5k+ players in there but some of those are also returning players that don't know what to do. It's a DPS race but it needs organization. People don't realize that, least of all Trion it seems. What I am saying is that you can do decent, even if not high EGO, if you know what you are doing.

Also; points outside don't carry over. The ones you score up top do.

Snib
08-19-2014, 12:28 PM
No, I'm saying no high EGO players want to do WM anymore because of the poor raid control so if you go it will fill up with newbies that don't know what to do and it will be a fail. There were a few EGO 5k+ players in there but some of those are also returning players that don't know what to do. It's a DPS race but it needs organization. People don't realize that, least of all Trion it seems. What I am saying is that you can do decent, even if not high EGO, if you know what you are doing.

Not disagreeing with any of that.

Also; points outside don't carry over. The ones you score up top do.

Really, so outside is just for laughs? Never noticed that, will have to pay attention.

SirServed
08-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Really, so outside is just for laughs? Never noticed that, will have to pay attention.
You end up cashing out the points you scored outside as you go in. Depending on how good you are, you can get paid.

Deunan
08-19-2014, 01:01 PM
So you are trying to tell me that there were EGO 5900 chars around yet you scored 2nd on your EGO 400 with only 80k....I'm not sure why you're finding that so hard to believe. Second place in drackiller's screenshot was 15,071.

I wonder if they're going to adjust the Warmaster's health when the reload bonus changes. It will result in lower DPS for some DPS builds which will only make it more difficult to kill the Warmaster otherwise.

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure why you're finding that so hard to believe. Second place in drackiller's screenshot was 15,071.

I wonder if they're going to adjust the Warmaster's health when the reload bonus changes. It will result in lower DPS for some DPS builds which will only make it more difficult to kill the Warmaster otherwise.

maybe ...but i think not.....once more people get the new synergys from the 1,000,000 box it will get eazier with time ....4-12months

arekesh
08-19-2014, 06:51 PM

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah they use the stupid green shaky weapons, volge weapons, bmgs, infectors, rocket launchers, etc. They shoot to the face and crawl on the floor for minutes.

Soooo, exactly how it's supposed to be done.

arekesh
08-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Soooo, exactly how it's supposed to be done.

There are several in depth guides stickied in the forum if you care to read them.

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2014, 07:03 PM
... and crawl on the floor for minutes.

Nothing really new... that has been happening for a long, long time in the WM's basement.

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 07:07 PM
There are several in depth guides stickied in the forum if you care to read them.

Those were written by players. Trion has a different approach to the warmaster.
Have you ever seen Trick fight the warmaster? He is awesome!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/16118-sarcasm-meter_zpscf2791c9.jpg

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I've seen that.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq25dru0rJ1qj4vj5o1_400.gif

FryDay
08-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Yeah they use the stupid green shaky weapons, volge weapons, bmgs, infectors, rocket launchers, etc. They shoot to the face and crawl on the floor for minutes.
Hey, that battle rifle is my best DPS weapon, thanks TRION!!
Because I'm having that long, fullfilling chase at EGO 1000, you know ... .
I'm a noob, so tell me, what should I do? Is there a guarantied way to obtain a ego-fitting, more suitable weapon?

Syrinx
08-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey, that battle rifle is my best DPS weapon, thanks TRION!!
Because I'm having that long, fullfilling chase at EGO 1000, you know ... .
I'm a noob, so tell me, what should I do? Is there a guarantied way to obtain a ego-fitting, more suitable weapon?

Spend a shatako load of cash in the bit store on lockboxes...the fulfilling chase is them chasing the money you throw at them.

jotheshow
08-20-2014, 01:18 AM
ahahah other ideas?

crazyged
08-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Those were written by players. Trion has a different approach to the warmaster.

http://www.crazyfool.co.za/gifs/carey1.gif