PDA

View Full Version : shedding light on the future of defiance

fighterpilot04
08-19-2014, 04:03 AM
so diablo 3: reaper of souls released today for ps3 and xbox. the last few days i have seen a lot of my defiance friends playing diablo 3 in preparation for this release. today may be a good indicator for consoles what may be in store for the future of defiance on consoles.

i know i will be watching my friends list throughout the day to see what everyone is playing.

squidgod2000
08-19-2014, 05:05 AM
so ____________ released today for _____ and ______. the last few days i have seen a lot of my ________ friends playing ________ in preparation for this release. today may be a good indicator for ________ what may be in store for the future of ________ on _________.

(insert preferred game/platform)

Covington
08-19-2014, 06:15 AM
(insert preferred game/platform)

I can't play Diablo for more than an hour without falling asleep. The old one never did that to me I wonder if it's the animation. So now I use it only if I can't sleep.

RobDaCool
08-19-2014, 06:17 AM
I need to get me a console lol of course if I really wanted Diablo 3 it's on PC, but still I really want a PS4 or XboxOne -or both ;)

Syrinx
08-19-2014, 06:33 AM
D3 RoS, to me, is kind of like that candy you really loved when you where a child. You wanted it so much but when you finally got it, you ate too much and felt sick after. Then you went for a long period without till teh cravings kicked in again and you binged on it again, ever repeating.

That is coming from soemone who played Diablo + Hellfire on release as well as D2 and LoD on release and D3 a few weeks after release till about 2 weeks ago. Good games, but D2 LoD was the pinnacle of the diablo series, D3 + RoS are but a shell to D2.

OT: I expect console versions of Defiance will have a reduced player base as people binge eat the D3 RoS candy only to maybe return after they are sick of the candy and hear Defiance has improved. If Defiance has not improved, they will find a new (or old) candy to invest their time and money (if applicable) into. Failing that...there is always Borderlands 1 + 2 for that run and gun and 'rewarding chase' that is much more rewarding and potentially more fun than Defiance currently is.