PDA

View Full Version : Rerolling weapons

Infinity Eagle
08-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Anyone else reroll a Orange weapon that used to be purple and still get a purple mastery roll? I rerolled a orange slugger and got +6 mag.

Another ninja change?

Combo Breaker
08-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Did you re-set it right before you upgraded the rarity?

Infinity Eagle
08-19-2014, 08:57 AM
No, been at least 2 weeks ago since upgraded to orange. Just reset the mastery this morning was a melee mastery

Combo Breaker
08-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Legendary roll is a +8 mag right? I hate to say it, but you might have to submit a ticket.

Infinity Eagle
08-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Legendary roll is a +8 mag right? I hate to say it, but you might have to submit a ticket.

Yes, it is +8. or was, maybe they changed it and "forgot" to tell us

stefb42
08-19-2014, 10:25 AM
NM didn't read it properly

CM Kiwibird
08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Hey there - we're investigating this report. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks for the report!

I'd definitely suggest contacting support and letting them know what happened. You can reference this thread.

Infinity Eagle
08-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Thank You Kiwi :)

Infinity Eagle
09-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Well here it is TWO weeks later and still no response from support about this. :mad:

I guess we can see how they feel about supporting their customers.

SirServed
09-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Was the Melee mastery from the weapon being Blue by chance? I know the first time you upgrade a weapon from Purple to Orange without it mastered, it gives you a Purple rarity mastery. If you re-mastered it from Orange status then you should get an Orange mastery. What I've never checked out was mastering a weapon as a Blue then upgrading it twice. You may end up with a unique instance of having to master it an extra time to get Orange level masteries. Just a throwing out a possibility.

Infinity Eagle
09-04-2014, 04:43 PM
So Finally heard back from support and they DID nerf it.

Hello Infinity,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for the delay and any confusion this issue has caused. When an item has it's rarity upgrade the Mastery roll will not change. This includes even if you reroll after the item is upgraded. It will roll from the table of it's original rarity. I apologize for the confusion and do wish you the best of luck.

So why nerf that?

duction
09-05-2014, 04:24 AM

So why nerf that?

That is ridiculous, why even bother upgrading things to legendary now? Can we get a official response to this please devs?

duction
09-05-2014, 12:04 PM
anyone... ?

TrickDempsey
09-05-2014, 01:15 PM
We are looking into your issue. We've done a few tests with the following steps and correctly gotten legendary mastery bonuses:

1. Get an Epic VBI PS-30 Slugger
2. (Optional) Master it.
3. Upgrade the gun to Legendary
4. Use "Change Weapon Mastery Bonus" in the Salvage Matrix
5. Master it again.

With and without the optional step, we've gotten only legendary bonuses. We're looking into your activity logs to see if there is some other step you may have taken. We're also looking to see if there is another possible cause.

To be clear, if you change weapon mastery after upgrading rarity, you should get a mastery from the upgraded rarity. However, simply mastering a weapon after upgrading will give you an older mastery upgrade: the old mastery was already there waiting to be discovered.

Baines
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM
To be clear, if you change weapon mastery after upgrading rarity, you should get a mastery from the upgraded rarity. However, simply mastering a weapon after upgrading will give you an older mastery upgrade: the old mastery was already there waiting to be discovered.

Perhaps then upgrading rarity should automatically re-roll the current mastery? It seems a bit weird that upon upgrading rarity, that you'd then have to separately pay to re-roll mastery to get a proper new rarity mastery.

If the original mastery has yet to be revealed, then the player won't even know what they've missed (on the off chance that it was something that they'd have found acceptable). If the mastery is already revealed, I guess it gets a bit trickier. It just feels like the mastery should automatically upgrade along with the rarity.

Market
09-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Perhaps then upgrading rarity should automatically re-roll the current mastery? It seems a bit weird that upon upgrading rarity, that you'd then have to separately pay to re-roll mastery to get a proper new rarity mastery.

If the original mastery has yet to be revealed, then the player won't even know what they've missed (on the off chance that it was something that they'd have found acceptable). If the mastery is already revealed, I guess it gets a bit trickier. It just feels like the mastery should automatically upgrade along with the rarity.

I'd be inclined to agree with this. While I can see some situations where this wouldn't be favorable, overall I think people who upgrade rarities would also be interested in getting an increased mastery bonus. Certainly worth discussion.

PhantasieTrion
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi Market and Baines

Good points - We talked a bit about this internally and think its a good idea. Heres where we are at:
If you upgrade the rarity before the mastery has been revealed, we can (silently, behind the scenes) re-roll the mastery bonus from the new tier. ie, what you said here Baines:

If the original mastery has yet to be revealed, then the player won't even know what they've missed (on the off chance that it was something that they'd have found acceptable).

As for the case where it is already mastered:

If the mastery is already revealed, I guess it gets a bit trickier. It just feels like the mastery should automatically upgrade along with the rarity.

I'm a little leery about automatically doing this, since there will always be cases where people don't want this to happen (and of course you always have the choice to afterwards if you do want it).

For now, we would like to go with the re-roll if not mastered - I've put in a task for it, and assuming theres no unanticipated problems you should see it in a future patch.

Thanks for your feedback on this!

--Phantasie

Sliverbaer
09-05-2014, 03:46 PM
So, let me get this straight...

Using this Picayune I've had forever as an example:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3919/15148097971_b5d6d9b7ac_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/p5zXLX)

and using Etaew's awesome Weapon Bonus (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=88) guide

Mastery Bonus based on rarity: Less Damage While Reloading -, 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%

If I were to upgrade rarity on this Picayune now, the mastery bonus rarity tier would then allow the mastery bonus to be re-rolled in the Epic tier.

If I were to re-roll the mastery first, get about 50% (etc) of it in the process of re-mastering it. Then decided to upgrade the Rarity, with it at 50%, it would keep the Master Bonus in the Rare tier?

Instead of being white colored "Take 6% less damage while reloading" it should be "Take 6% less damage while reloading"

If then I re-roll the mastery after the rarity is Epic then when it is re-mastered the Mastery Bonus should be (whatever it rolls to) "9% DMG From Above "

Then it would be clear. Otherwise
IFNOT bonus_mastered THEN reset mastery

Market
09-05-2014, 03:51 PM
For now, we would like to go with the re-roll if not mastered - I've put in a task for it, and assuming theres no unanticipated problems you should see it in a future patch.

This sounds good to me! I understand the hesitancy to have it reroll regardless and I think that's a very good call. While most people who upgrade rarity are going to also want the max mastery bonus, there are some out there that will want to stick with the Epic roll they have if it's favorable.

Thanks for jumping on this one, PT!! ;)

Infinity Eagle
09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
We are looking into your issue. We've done a few tests with the following steps and correctly gotten legendary mastery bonuses:

1. Get an Epic VBI PS-30 Slugger
2. (Optional) Master it.
3. Upgrade the gun to Legendary
4. Use "Change Weapon Mastery Bonus" in the Salvage Matrix
5. Master it again.

With and without the optional step, we've gotten only legendary bonuses. We're looking into your activity logs to see if there is some other step you may have taken. We're also looking to see if there is another possible cause.

That is how I thought it was supposed to work, so why did customer service say this?

Hello Infinity,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for the delay and any confusion this issue has caused. When an item has it's rarity upgrade the Mastery roll will not change. This includes even if you reroll after the item is upgraded. It will roll from the table of it's original rarity. I apologize for the confusion and do wish you the best of luck.

PhantasieTrion
09-05-2014, 04:02 PM

So why nerf that?

Hi Infninty

Trick described how it was supposed to work (and we tested it with your weapon and some others and it is working how Trick described it). So, what you encountered was likely a bug (ie there was no nerf here). Do you have any more details? Did you do anything out of the ordinary that you remember?
I believe the CS agent you spoke to was mis-informed. I spoke to the head CS agent and they will update the team on this.
Please PM me your ticket number for this issue and I'll ask CS address it again.

Infinity Eagle
09-05-2014, 04:13 PM
P.M. sent, And Thank You for your help

Fuzzy
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM

--Phantasie

That sounds awesome!
I really welcome this change. Already mastered weapons shouldn't be affected by it, IMO.
For example, I received a purple Wildcat prior to rarity upgrade, had to remaster it some times to get the mastery I wanted. I then upgraded it to legendary after the rarity upgrade was introduced.
Would my mastery have been gone, I would have been furious as I put a lot of Arkforge into the mastery I wanted.

That this will affect non-mastered weapons only is the best option and it's nice you jumped in so fast on this! I always wondered why it was this way and I am glad to (hopefully) see it changed in the future :)
That is definitely a change to look forward to!

BC001
09-05-2014, 06:43 PM
If in the situation where the bonus is already revealed and the problem is degree or something why not just bump it up to the equivalent orange level of the same bonus if it exists and leave it alone if it does not? Or would that introduce too much extra complexity or something?

ArcFail
09-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Maybe try using a third party app behind the Defiance game then try the Matrix then maybe the outcome will be different

Infinity Eagle
09-06-2014, 02:04 AM
All Fixed

I would like to thank Kiwi, PhantasieTrion and Trick, for help getting this fixed for me

Now customer service knows the proper way weapons reroll after rarity upgrade.

Thanks for the help

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u634/LeMisterMordecai/tumblr_me2wav1b5k1rji67io1_500.gif

TheCrater
09-08-2014, 03:19 PM
If you upgrade the rarity before the mastery has been revealed, we can (silently, behind the scenes) re-roll the mastery bonus from the new tier.

As for the case where it is already mastered:
I'm a little leery about automatically doing this, since there will always be cases where people don't want this to happen (and of course you always have the choice to afterwards if you do want it).

--Phantasie

I've just submitted the change to Upgrade Rarity as described by Phantasie: mastered weapons will keep their current mastery, and un-mastered weapons will roll a new mastery for the new rarity tier. The mastery experience will carry over after upgrade, just like it did before.

This will be going up to PTS in the next day or two, and then of course it will go to live with one of the next server updates if all goes well.

Market
09-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to it, Crater!

Fuzzy
09-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Oh god, nice, wow!
That was fast! Thanks.
Really looking forward to that one.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
so this whats the word on this ? i gotten a few guns that i upgrade from green and blue to oj and still rolled green and blue rolls

Fuzzy
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
so this whats the word on this ? i gotten a few guns that i upgrade from green and blue to oj and still rolled green and blue rolls

The change mentioned in this thread has gone live already.
It isn't even possible anymore to upgrade blue/green items to orange. If you did this prior to the update, they still will roll green and blue masteries.
Most changes to weapons are not retroactive, so every weapon that existed before they implemented this change won't be affected by it.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-03-2014, 03:18 AM
The change mentioned in this thread has gone live already.
It isn't even possible anymore to upgrade blue/green items to orange. If you did this prior to the update, they still will roll green and blue masteries.
Most changes to weapons are not retroactive, so every weapon that existed before they implemented this change won't be affected by it.

didnt they remove they encryption ?

Fuzzy
10-03-2014, 03:21 AM
didnt they remove they encryption ?

They removed auto-encryption, this means weapons cannot drop encrypted anymore. But encryption itself stayed, so you can upgrade weapons only once until they become encrypted.