PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.204 - Feedback/thoughts?

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 01:57 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172192-Defiance-2.204-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes&p=1600183#post1600183

Post #2 has full text of patch notes.

Here's my thoughts:

* Tier 4 Lockboxes now have a chance to drop a jackpot weapon in addition to its normal contents! The jackpot weapon is only available for a limited time before it will be rotated out for a new item.
* The current jackpot weapon is an EEC HP-7 Wildcat.

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON PUTTING A DLC WEAPON IN THE REGULAR T4 LOCKBOX?
How did this travesty persist?
Unless you are going to do one of two things - either make it tradeable or make it accessible to all players whether they own the DLC or not.
ANSWER PLEASE!

* Silicon Valley is under attack! Port Bruno and Foster Temple may now be invaded by enemies!

And I don't like this. There's no need for new sites, plenty of stuff popping up already. Not sure how this will pan out.

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Defiance 2.204 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

PS3, PC & Xbox 360 Date:
NA: 8/20/14 @ 10:00 AM PDT
EU: 8/21/14 @ 3:00 AM GMT

GENERAL FIXES
* Score earned from kills is no longer incorrectly modified by the enemy's health scaling due to high player population.
* Increased the rate that score rewards are awarded to compensate for the fix to the enemy health scaling modifier. After the changes, scores will be lower overall but so are the score requirements to earn rewards.
* Reduced health of Comms systems in Gulanee Arkbreak.
* Major arkfall events now fully disappear when completed, no longer leaving behind red circles on the map that prevent other events from spawning properly inside them.
* Fixed a bug causing characters to get stuck in the tutorial if they already had a high tier frag grenade.

LOCKBOX CHANGES
* Tier 2 Lockboxes no longer drop legendary items.
* The maximum arkforge payouts have been adjusted:
- Tier 2 Lockboxes now drop a maximum of 20 arkforge.
- Tier 3 Lockboxes can now drop 20 or 50 arkforge.
- Tier 4 Lockboxes can now drop 20, 50, or 100 arkforge.
* Tier 4 Lockboxes now have a chance to drop a jackpot weapon in addition to its normal contents! The jackpot weapon is only available for a limited time before it will be rotated out for a new item.
* The current jackpot weapon is an EEC HP-7 Wildcat. [see patch notes link for omitted picture]

SILICON VALLEY
* Added a cooldown between major events in Silicon Valley, which then makes minor events more frequent (i.e. Grid Arkfalls).
* Hellbugs are now invading Silicon Valley!
- Fixed some tricky areas where hellbugs could appear inside obstacles during the Hellfire event. Thanks to our players on the PTS for the report!
* Potential fix for overlapping invasions and conflict sites in Silicon Valley.
* Evangels now properly reward ark hunters with score when destroyed.
* Updated enemy numbers and durability, including Evangels, for Silicon Valley invasions and Conflict Sites. They were pretty harsh.
* Fixed issue where one of the objectives at "The Rift" could appear in unusual locations.
* Silicon Valley is under attack! Port Bruno and Foster Temple may now be invaded by enemies!

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:01 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172192-Defiance-2.204-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes&p=1600183#post1600183

Here's my thoughts:

Unless you are going to do one of two things - either make it tradeable or make it accessible to all players whether they own the DLC or not.
ANSWER PLEASE!

And I don't like this. There's no need for new sites, plenty of stuff popping up already. Not sure how this will pan out.

i am sure it will be trade able sorry the gun....but its just 1 i think ...jackpot then when someone get a new one will be added....iam hope next one is a main mission gun thats oj.....like the first ar or weapon u get......sorry pretty baked

RobDaCool
So there is a chance I'll get a weapon I can't even use? Groovy man, groovy!

Amack

They've always been tradeable... /facepalm.

And I don't like this.

People who only list what they do not like (Especially with repetition) invalidate themselves pretty quickly.

Overtkill21
08-19-2014, 02:04 PM

His assessment of the use of the Wildcat, as a non-DLC owner, is correct. Save your facepalms.

EDIT - Didn't see that you had quoted drama thought you were replying to Rob...carry on facepalming. LOL

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:05 PM
So there is a chance I'll get a weapon I can't even use? Groovy man, groovy!

but will be able to sell it for millions of scrip

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 02:06 PM
I thought there was supposed to be awesomeness coming with this patch?

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 02:07 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps0fcc3a88.gif

Overtkill21
08-19-2014, 02:08 PM
So this is the "awesome" patch we were expecting today?

What exactly is awesome about this?

MJS

Here's my thoughts:

ANSWER PLEASE!

DramaQkarri there is a perfectly reasonable answer to why they would put a DLC weapon into a tier 4 lockbox. They list it as a Jackpot weapon. With chances of winning that jackpot about the same as winning the lottery. And if you already won the lottery you wouldn't care about a DLC weapon.

Overtkill21

Beat me to it bonehead.

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
So this is the "awesome" patch we were expecting today?

What exactly is awesome about this?

That's what I wanna know too!

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:10 PM
DramaQkarri there is a perfectly reasonable answer to why they would put a DLC weapon into a tier 4 lockbox. They list it as a Jackpot weapon. With chances of winning that jackpot about the same as winning the lottery. And if you already won the lottery you wouldn't care about a DLC weapon.

OH! I forgot I have no chance of getting one, you're right.

And here I was SURE I was going to win the lottery this week!

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:10 PM

My thread. My thread is awesome, got everyone talking.

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:12 PM
not sure might be the new hellbug incursion or what ever they are in silicon ....or maybe the its just a new chance to get a real good gun in the t4

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:12 PM

People who only list what they do not like (Especially with repetition) invalidate themselves pretty quickly.

1) you're rude as usual
2) I thought I read in something awhile back that the new Jackpot Weapon was NOT going to be tradeable, unlike other items we get out of the lockboxes. Tomorrow we will see.
3) see #1

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
My thread. My thread is awesome, got everyone talking.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy3_zps77a5a6a9.gif

Smiit
08-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Guys be happy arkforge is actually obtainable now! New stuff in Silicon Valley! Awesome bug fixes! Sure it sucks some people cant use the jackpot weapon IF they get it. Remember theres a chance you can get it. So if you dont have he dlc dont even try wait for whatever the next jackpot weapon is. Some people cant look at the good things. Ungrateful if you ask me.

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:15 PM
1) you're rude as usual
2) I thought I read in something awhile back that the new Jackpot Weapon was NOT going to be tradeable, unlike other items we get out of the lockboxes. Tomorrow we will see.
3) see #1

well then i do feel sorry for the people with no dlc .....lol glad i got all with the season pass

Unique One
08-19-2014, 02:16 PM
A jackpot weapon that we can't afford to upgrade with our EGO rating and can't use anyway... YAY!

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:17 PM
A jackpot weapon that we can't afford to upgrade with our EGO rating. YAY!

what ?/// if i get it iam ego 5900 ......

Unique One
08-19-2014, 02:18 PM
what ?/// if i get it iam ego 5900 ......

Lucky you. Many of us are not yet.

Amack
08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
1) you're rude as usual
3) see #1

I'm rude?
If that is the case, then by all means please "move your traffic" to the Destiny forums and spare us this mindless drama.

philip sinclair
Lucky you. Many of us are not yet.

lucky no just time to waste oh wait its 420 brb

squidgod2000
Crit errors and lag are back. Guessing this:

* Increased the rate that score rewards are awarded to compensate for the fix to the enemy health scaling modifier.
has something to do with it.

alienstookmybeer
08-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these jackpots drop. Pretty much anything to do with numbers and coding, especially drop rates, Trion is more likely to screw up than not.

And of course, they're counting on people getting these pieces of candy and then not being able to use them hoping they'll rush right out and buy the dlc.

RobDaCool
08-19-2014, 02:22 PM

I doubt it'll sell for more then 2K script lol

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm rude?
If that is the case, then by all means please "move your traffic" to the Destiny forums and spare us this mindless drama.

I offer my opinions, only when you attacked ME did I feel the need to defend myself.

As it turns out most others posting on this thread agree with the wildcat being a poor choice. Please state if you think this gun was a wise choice or not. And any other actual feedback you have about THE PATCH NOTES will be welcome.

I'd report you for attacking me here but a) not my style and b) you seem to be blessed with immunity or something.

Or something.

Smiit
08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Uh oh guys grab your popcorn...INTERNET FIGHT

Pandemonium
08-19-2014, 02:31 PM
for anyone that has the dlc and is high ego this will be a very nice weapon (until it gets nerfed). since it will be tradable even anyone who doesn't have the dlc will be able to trade it for some pretty nice stuff that they can use. personally i'm excited about this weapon and hope to get it.

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Uh oh guys grab your popcorn...INTERNET FIGHT

Newp...he's gone offline. I put that as a win.

We don't all have to agree but I felt it was getting a bit PERSONAL and deliberately antagonistic.

Then again what do I care? My time here is short, so short.

Infract me, ban me, make me feel cheap and dirty but buy me a PS4 first.

philip sinclair
08-19-2014, 02:33 PM
for anyone that has the dlc and is high ego this will be a very nice weapon (until it gets nerfed). since it will be tradable even anyone who doesn't have the dlc will be able to trade it for some pretty nice stuff that they can use. personally i'm excited about this weapon and hope to get it.

yes might but most of the time it weapons in pvp that get nerf to hell ......most likely most will just use this in the pve world

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Crit errors and lag are back. Guessing this:

has something to do with it.

And here I thought it was cuz voice chat is back.

Smiit
08-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Wow no wonder why your name is DRAMAqkarri

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 02:41 PM

That makes me feel funny under my tummy...

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Wow no wonder why your name is DRAMAqkarri

Yep don't wear it out.

Well I must have dreamed up that NON tradeable part but tomorrow we will see what happens, what works and what is borked.

Call me whatever you like JUST CALL ME!

As far as the wildcat I stand my ground - it's terribly crazy dev-land choice to use a DLC gun as the first jackpot weapon in the game. This was pointed out on the PTS server and ignored, as that's what usually happens.

Of course, I'll never get one cuz I am buying T3 lockboxes and this new "thing" isn't enough of a lure to get me to change my skeptical dramatic CRABBY thought patterns and behaviors.

That enough for you? I gotta go get started on my next wall of text now.

Amack
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Newp...he's gone offline. I put that as a win.

We don't all have to agree but I felt it was getting a bit PERSONAL and deliberately antagonistic.

Then again what do I care? My time here is short, so short.

No, I have not gone offline.
Nor, was I attacking you. I was simply trying to point out to everyone here that if they take the same path that you have chosen, then they will also invalidate themselves and their concerns. If you took offense to that, then I am sorry, but my apology will still not help you because the only person that can help you is you.

wartitan
08-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these jackpots drop. Pretty much anything to do with numbers and coding, especially drop rates, Trion is more likely to screw up than not.

And of course, they're counting on people getting these pieces of candy and then not being able to use them hoping they'll rush right out and buy the dlc.

This guy makes a good point, didn't really think about it because I have the season pass....but here's another blatent cash grab. They probably even programmed it so that it checks a flag (IF DLC OWNER = FALSE {DROP JACKPOT = TRUE}, ELSE {DROP JACKPOT = FALSE});

RevJaye
08-19-2014, 02:53 PM
i am sure it will be trade able sorry the gun....but its just 1 i think ...jackpot then when someone get a new one will be added....iam hope next one is a main mission gun thats oj.....like the first ar or weapon u get......sorry pretty baked

What like the VBI Firestorm? Id say they will just stay with the regular weapons or some rep vender ones

RevJaye
08-19-2014, 02:54 PM

Im with you man, and I hope it looks just like that one with a little higher ego.

TAG
08-19-2014, 02:54 PM
yes might but most of the time it weapons in pvp that get nerf to hell ......most likely most will just use this in the pve world

You're always baked =0

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 02:55 PM
No, I have not gone offline.
Nor, was I attacking you. I was simply trying to point out to everyone here that if they take the same path that you have chosen, then they will also invalidate themselves and their concerns. If you took offense to that, then I am sorry, but my apology will still not help you because the only person that can help you is you.

yeah......I already knew it wasn't you that could "help" me. And yes, I take offense to the WAY you say things. You are not in charge of the forums, or the "teacher" or the "helper" so if YOU choose to not take me seriously go right ahead. What you seemd to be trying to do here is to shepherd others into not taking me seriously via the public humiliation highway and that is not only not appreciated, or followed, it is uncessary as well.

So yeah, all that can be summed up in one word - rude.

Disagree if you want, but you were being mean.

hardy83
08-19-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm more disappointed that there's ZERO story, considering their "mini-xpac" has only 5 very short missions, and that was two weeks ago, and we're suppose to be getting two episodes this week and two next, including the finale.

CM Kiwibird
08-19-2014, 03:00 PM

They're going to be tradeable.

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 03:01 PM
They're going to be tradeable.

Thank you! I had already confessed I must have dreamed reading that part somewhere...

CM Kiwibird
08-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you! I had already confessed I must have dreamed reading that part somewhere...

No problem, happy to help. :o

Amack
08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
yeah......I already knew it wasn't you that could "help" me. And yes, I take offense to the WAY you say things. You are not in charge of the forums, or the "teacher" or the "helper" so if YOU choose to not take me seriously go right ahead. What you seemd to be trying to do here is to shepherd others into not taking me seriously via the public humiliation highway and that is not only not appreciated, or followed, it is uncessary as well.

So yeah, all that can be summed up in one word - rude.

Disagree if you want, but you were being mean.

There have been times in the past when you have had legitimate concerns and I backed you up.
To be honest, I don't need to shepherd others into not taking you seriously. That was my whole point. You are shepherding others into not taking you seriously when you create drama over and over. Most importantly, you shepherd Trion into not taking you seriously.

Almost everything I read in those patch notes, I would categorize as "good" changes.
The way they have started listening and taking players more seriously in the PTS section is beyond "good". The fixes that they plan on implementing in this patch are "good", even if they don't always work out as planned the first time, they are at least trying to address the problems.
The increase in value for the lockboxes are "great".

Many people like to use hyperbole to bend Trion to their will and that simply is not going to cut it.
Trion knows people buy lockboxes regardless of how many keycodes you get from each event. By decreasing the frequency in which you become maxed out on keycodes they can effectively increase the rewards from the boxes without sacrificing game balance and that in my opinion is awesome. People who are only in it for instant gratification do not care about game balance, they only care about what they receive, and how quickly they receive it. Trion can not cater to those people because it really would ruin the game. It might not ruin it overnight but it would bring it to a bad state eventually.

CM Kiwibird
08-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Crit errors and lag are back.

The patch isn't live yet.

Xaat Xuun
08-19-2014, 03:36 PM
only place you could had seen that, was a suggestion I had made, allowing F2P (or non dlc owner) players to do a mission, to convert the weapon (like a mission from Rosa) to a Non-DLC weapon, but it has to be non-trade if done that way
So it wasn't a dream, just something you read that I suggested

Unique One
08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
... but... but... but ... ego rating... Many are uncapped.

Disable (ore massively lower) the EGO upgrade AF requirements before launching this patch. Even if the change is not fixed on the UI.

Give us new players a reason to buy DLCs, loadouts, inv slots, etc... Make money.

CM Kiwibird
08-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Bonus update: We're currently investigating the latency issues that were reported today. Appreciate the reports! :o

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2014, 03:42 PM

You mean to tell me that the EEC HP-7 Wildcat doesn't scream "awesomeness" when you look at it?

For shame, sir! For shame! lol

Amack
08-19-2014, 03:48 PM
In regards to the EGO rating of this (or any other weapon in the game), both Trick and Phantasie both said they love the idea of being able to lower the EGO on a weapon just as you can increase it.

So the decision is now placed on the players. Do you want to hold onto a weapon for an undetermined amount of time so that you will be able to bring it to your EGO level (either up or down) eventually?

Let's say that someone gets the Wildcat and they can't use it so they offer it up for sale in zone chat or whatever. The players who are considering buying it will have to determine on their own whether or not it is feasible to pass this chance up. Will they ever be able to get an orange Wildcat with those stats again? I sure haven't got one, and I play a heck of a lot.

Overtkill21
08-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Still unsure as to where this awesomeness is.

This patch seems a bit like those Sour Patch commercials if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV_u9EDE2Z8

Oh and this bit had me chuckling:

"* Increased the rate that score rewards are awarded to compensate for the fix to the enemy health scaling modifier. After the changes, scores will be lower overall but so are the score requirements to earn rewards."

I've seen this sort of verbiage from you all before - and I know how this will go - remarkably, through some sort of strange "bug" the decrease in score and the decrease in rewards threshold will cancel each other out and rewards won't change one bit.

Kanah
08-19-2014, 03:54 PM
In regards to the EGO rating of this (or any other weapon in the game), both Trick and Phantasie both said they love the idea of being able to lower the EGO on a weapon just as you can increase it.

Hopefully not at 50 forge per 100 ego!

It will be a nice gun, I hope everyone who can use it will get one so we can start killing the monkey again.

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 04:16 PM
the decrease in score and the decrease in rewards threshold will cancel each other out and rewards won't change one bit.

They work hard getting that fine balance.

ColapsN7
08-19-2014, 04:31 PM

PS3, PC & Xbox 360 Date:
NA: 8/20/14 @ 10:00 AM PDT
EU: 8/21/14 @ 3:00 AM GMT

GENERAL FIXES
* Score earned from kills is no longer incorrectly modified by the enemy's health scaling due to high player population.
* Increased the rate that score rewards are awarded to compensate for the fix to the enemy health scaling modifier. After the changes, scores will be lower overall but so are the score requirements to earn rewards.
* Reduced health of Comms systems in Gulanee Arkbreak.
* Major arkfall events now fully disappear when completed, no longer leaving behind red circles on the map that prevent other events from spawning properly inside them.
* Fixed a bug causing characters to get stuck in the tutorial if they already had a high tier frag grenade.

LOCKBOX CHANGES
* The maximum arkforge payouts have been adjusted:
- Tier 2 Lockboxes now drop a maximum of 20 arkforge.
- Tier 3 Lockboxes can now drop 20 or 50 arkforge.
- Tier 4 Lockboxes can now drop 20, 50, or 100 arkforge.
* The current jackpot weapon is an EEC HP-7 Wildcat, as featured below:

SILICON VALLEY
* Added a cooldown between major events in Silicon Valley, which then makes minor events more frequent (i.e. Grid Arkfalls).
- Fixed some tricky areas where hellbugs could appear inside obstacles during the Hellfire event. Thanks to our players on the PTS for the report!
* Potential fix for overlapping invasions and conflict sites in Silicon Valley.
* Evangels now properly reward ark hunters with score when destroyed.
* Updated enemy numbers and durability, including Evangels, for Silicon Valley invasions and Conflict Sites. They were pretty harsh.
* Fixed issue where one of the objectives at "The Rift" could appear in unusual locations.

08 20 2014
** Patch Notes 2.204 ** *remote to .
http://i64.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0820/38/cad5accc5bbe4af62d41562e38db8938.jpg
time, remote
Corporate espionage lockboxes :mad:
Defiant Few Recon Gear x 2 :mad: (OUTFIT *clothing , HEADGEAR *helmet)
strange:mad::confused::confused:.

__ __ __

the decrease in score and the decrease in rewards threshold will cancel each other out and rewards won't change one --bits Store-- .

jay ellis
08-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Of course, I'll never get one cuz I am buying T3 lockboxes and this new "thing" isn't enough of a lure to get me to change my skeptical dramatic CRABBY thought patterns and behaviors[/QUOTE]

Dont worry I'm gonna pull two, you can have one.

Snib
08-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Well I must have dreamed up that NON tradeable part but tomorrow we will see what happens, what works and what is borked.

The Castithan Blade that you can get from the T4 box is non-tradeable, that's where you might have had the idea from.

Big Jack Shepard
08-19-2014, 05:53 PM
You mean to tell me that the EEC HP-7 Wildcat doesn't scream "awesomeness" when you look at it?

For shame, sir! For shame! lolI'm pretty happy with the dbl dmg dbl crit bio wolfy that I already have.

TheOz
08-19-2014, 05:57 PM
I've stopped reading the patch notes - just how many times can we all read 'change made for server stability' and not want to punch a baby.

Tallon
08-19-2014, 05:58 PM
You know a game has failed when reading the forums is alot more fun than actually playing the game. Great thread, keep up the good work.

Rowdyrowdy
08-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Only thing I have noticed is lag and bugs added with this latest patch. I have barely been able to play as all I do is log in and out trying to get rid of the freezing players and npcs on my screen repeatedly.

The game was working perfectly for the past couple weeks for me until today :mad:

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 06:21 PM
I've stopped reading the patch notes - just how many times can we all read 'change made for server stability' and not want to punch a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otn96q_v6P0

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Well I see this thread stayed alive while I ran about IRL-ing.

For those of you that tried to find handy excuses for why I thought the jackpot was going to be non-tradeable...thanks! But I can wear both my feet in my mouth for awhile and hobble.

For those of you taking me seriously - DON'T! I don't! It's a game, it's a forum, it's fun. Right?

I better go play tonight and get my last SV incursion done to max my ego - lest some unforeseen issues prevent me from playing tomorrow night. ;)

And NO BABY PUNCHING! lolz

taco man 67
08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
There have been times in the past when you have had legitimate concerns and I backed you up.
To be honest, I don't need to shepherd others into not taking you seriously. That was my whole point. You are shepherding others into not taking you seriously when you create drama over and over. Most importantly, you shepherd Trion into not taking you seriously.

Almost everything I read in those patch notes, I would categorize as "good" changes.
The way they have started listening and taking players more seriously in the PTS section is beyond "good". The fixes that they plan on implementing in this patch are "good", even if they don't always work out as planned the first time, they are at least trying to address the problems.
The increase in value for the lockboxes are "great".

Many people like to use hyperbole to bend Trion to their will and that simply is not going to cut it.
Trion knows people buy lockboxes regardless of how many keycodes you get from each event. By decreasing the frequency in which you become maxed out on keycodes they can effectively increase the rewards from the boxes without sacrificing game balance and that in my opinion is awesome. People who are only in it for instant gratification do not care about game balance, they only care about what they receive, and how quickly they receive it. Trion can not cater to those people because it really would ruin the game. It might not ruin it overnight but it would bring it to a bad state eventually.ruin the game with too many good items? didn't they already let us upgrade our stuff to ojs? and then they said oops my bad I didn't think this would flood the game with uber weapons. yank. they don't think things through. its always ok lets try this without properly testing it then yank it away afterwards

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2014, 07:08 PM
I better go play tonight and get my last SV incursion done...

I just got done doing the very same thing earlier this evening... sooooooo boring. :(

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 07:11 PM
About the actual patch? It's pretty hard to notice any change at all.

TheOz
08-19-2014, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otn96q_v6P0

Awesome man! Thanks Bonehead! I really needed the laugh.

CRIXDA
08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
So,
"Where is the awesomeness?"
There isn't any and there won't be any until the current regime at "Der Kompany" is removed and someone who can purchase what Sherlock Holmes is always looking for replaces them but since that won't happen that "awesomeness" that has been mentioned won't be realized on any of the "deflatulance" servers.
Except for Phantasie, Kiwi, Scapes, Morgana and some of these folks who work hard on this stuff, it would be nice to roll over the jackwagons who think that "stickin' the fools for a dime here and there" are going to keep us hanging around when you handing us out SH!T in return.
You ruined the game and then you ruined my clan - nothing is "awesome" around here and I doubt it ever will be again.

Bonehead
08-19-2014, 07:48 PM
So,
There isn't any and there won't be any until the current regime at "Der Kompany" is removed and someone who can purchase what Sherlock Holmes is always looking for replaces them but since that won't happen that "awesomeness" that has been mentioned won't be realized on any of the "deflatulance" servers.
Except for Phantasie, Kiwi, Scapes, Morgana and some of these folks who work hard on this stuff, it would be nice to roll over the jackwagons who think that "stickin' the fools for a dime here and there" are going to keep us hanging around when you handing us out SH!T in return.
You ruined the game and then you ruined my clan - nothing is "awesome" around here and I doubt it ever will be again.

I feel ya bro.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zpsfa1918ea.gif

Amack
08-19-2014, 07:53 PM
So,

Crixda, Phantasie is the head of "The Regime" fyi.
You can't possibly show disrespect for the game or the team that works on it without showing disrespect for him, it just is not possible buddy. I know you aren't happy and it is sad indeed, but you should try to get your ducks in a row if you know what I mean. They all work hard despite popular belief, and I may not have said that a year ago, but I definitely believe it now.

Copperpot
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
OH! I forgot I have no chance of getting one, you're right.

And here I was SURE I was going to win the lottery this week!

Why not? This guy did.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/FJTemaxt5JSDK/200.gif

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Why not? This guy did.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/FJTemaxt5JSDK/200.gif

4-8-15-16-23-42
I still remember.

BlackTalons
08-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Look for hellfire after the patch. Bring your Dodge roller with you.

Combo Breaker
08-20-2014, 04:19 AM

So there is no longer a reason to buy a T2 box now?

Now if we don't do an entire event we won't have enough score to get a reasonable payout?

Drunk
08-20-2014, 04:29 AM
key amounts seem unchanged to me... did 3 arkfalls to check and got about same as prepatch....... is it just me or has trion out trioned themselves again?

Amack
08-20-2014, 04:37 AM
key amounts seem unchanged to me... did 3 arkfalls to check and got about same as prepatch....... is it just me or has trion out trioned themselves again?

We're still in pre-patch. You're drunk. :)

Maixx
08-20-2014, 05:14 AM

ANSWER PLEASE!

The answer is simple, a bright orange carrot to dangle in front of someone to entice them to purchase the DLC.
I wouldn't be surprised to see mostly dlc only weapons as jackpot.

Iceberg
08-20-2014, 05:43 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb? I went to silicon valley to get away from those hell bugs so I can fight Grid. Had enough of them in san fran cisco.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 05:54 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb?

No, you're not the only one.

Tsort
08-20-2014, 05:57 AM
So there is no longer a reason to buy a T2 box now?
Well, I guess as usual, aaaaaaaaallllllll the players that don't bother with the forums or patch notes will get screwed unless it CLEARLY SAYS on the lockbox that you CANNOT get a legendary from it anymore. Unlikely.

"Defiance TM. Changing the rules every two weeks since 2013."

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 06:04 AM
No, you're not the only one.

...and you're not the only two.

Really getting sick of hellbugs everywhere.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Really getting sick of hellbugs everywhere.

Yep... and it seems to me like hellbug minors spawn more often in Sillycon Valley than Grid minors do. Which is somewhat bassackwards in my humble opinion.

Iceberg
08-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Yep... and it seems to me like hellbug minors spawn more often in Sillycon Valley than Grid minors do. Which is somewhat bassackwards in my humble opinion.

Probably has to do with a "more longer fulfilling chase" or something to that effect. There's only so much running you can do during a chase before you pass out and die from exhaustion.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 06:16 AM
There's only so much running you can do during a chase before you pass out and die from exhaustion.

In addition to: there are only so many laps around Sillycon Valley that an Irathient arkhunter can tolerate, just to knock out a medium sized list of 20/20 Grid emergencies.

LOL

PiccolaRivolta
08-20-2014, 06:40 AM
Has anyone managed to get that Wildcat yet?

Shogo_Yahagi
08-20-2014, 06:40 AM
You don't say?

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 06:45 AM
The answer is simple, a bright orange carrot to dangle in front of someone to entice them to purchase the DLC.
I wouldn't be surprised to see mostly dlc only weapons as jackpot.

Yes obviously. I just want THEM to explain this decision to us clearly.

And, the ploy probably won't work cuz a) plenty of other worthy pistols people can trade for it if they really really want one; and b) the company probably won't give it enough time to get proper research data.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 06:45 AM
You don't say?

He's right. I'm worthless.

Shogo_Yahagi
08-20-2014, 06:56 AM
He's right. I'm worthless.
We must all be worthless by this point.

RobDaCool
08-20-2014, 06:58 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb? I went to silicon valley to get away from those hell bugs so I can fight Grid. Had enough of them in san fran cisco.

Nope, you're not the only one. Is the entire Earths core made of Hellbugs? There is like an endless supply of them lol Get tired of killing bugs, give Firefall a try, lo and behold my first 5000 missions I have to kill bugs lol I feel like Dale Gribble.

Amack
08-20-2014, 06:59 AM
We must all be worthless by this point.

I have to admit, worthless is a bit harsh.

Is it 9/9 yet? These days just get longer and longer, I swear. lol.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Nope, you're not the only one. Is the entire Earths core made of Hellbugs? There is like an endless supply of them lol Get tired of killing bugs, give Firefall a try, lo and behold my first 5000 missions I have to kill bugs lol I feel like Dale Gribble.

I also am over the whole year long of hellbugs nipping at my heels. I've run Motherlode several times to help others out over the last few days, sick to DEATH of warriors at this point.

The only thing worse would be smelters.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 07:07 AM
The only thing worse would be smelters.

You got that right.

In fact, they're so aggravating they make me want to run out and punch the nearest baby.

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Has anyone managed to get that Wildcat yet?

That patch hasn't even landed yet.

Shogo_Yahagi
08-20-2014, 07:37 AM
The arkbreaker exclusive weapons only drop from completing arkbreaks and will not drop from lockboxes. Any weapon or item which does come from a lockbox is usable by the purchaser. You already paid money for the lockbox, it would be insane to charge you again to then use the item.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?140943-Arkbreaker-%28DLC2%29-is-coming-December-10&p=1332375&viewfull=1#post1332375

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 07:44 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?140943-Arkbreaker-%28DLC2%29-is-coming-December-10&p=1332375&viewfull=1#post1332375

GREAT find Shogo!! *shouts it from the rooftops*

Just another decision reversed.

Amack
08-20-2014, 08:04 AM
See this is exactly the kind of behavior I was talking about... lmao.

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 08:08 AM
The arkbreaker exclusive weapons only drop from completing arkbreaks and will not drop from lockboxes. Any weapon or item which does come from a lockbox is usable by the purchaser. You already paid money for the lockbox, it would be insane to charge you again to then use the item.

Pretty much confirms what we always suspected.

Just change it to a Wolfhound and be done with it.

Amack
08-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Ya! Change it to a wolfhound! And then fix warmaster when you're done! Gosh....

PiccolaRivolta
08-20-2014, 08:18 AM
That patch hasn't even landed yet.
Lol... When it's going live? They didn't announce a date....

Shogo_Yahagi
08-20-2014, 08:18 AM
See this is exactly the kind of behavior I was talking about... lmao.

Now that you mention it, you have been complaining a lot about what other people post. I guess that means your concerns are invalidated.

KasperSheitup
08-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm excited for this patch but I know I should be skeptical.

I'm a bit worried about the score wording once again. Lower requirements for awards but lower scoring in general does not mean more arkforge I suspect but we'll see.
And no crap weapon rolls clean-up yet? What's the ETA on this?

Looking forward to new invasions and just more in general to do in SV.

Amack
08-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Now that you mention it, you have been complaining a lot about what other people post. I guess that means your concerns are invalidated.

I'm an invalid. It could be worse, I could be worthless.

Why don't you understand? I am trying to help you become more important to Trion, but you just are not understanding. We aren't communicating so well, you know what I mean?

RobDaCool
08-20-2014, 08:48 AM

So if I get the gun I won't need any DLC to use it? radical man! of course I know I will need the DLC ;)

Overtkill21
08-20-2014, 09:49 AM
...I am trying to help you become more important to Trion...

You and I both know that without a large wallet this is futile and, regardless of wallet size, entirely outside of your control.

It seems to me you're either coming on here to troll specific comments or providing your critique on the threads in general while you wait for another game to release.

Real constructive.

Deunan
08-20-2014, 01:04 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb? I went to silicon valley to get away from those hell bugs so I can fight Grid. Had enough of them in san fran cisco.Opinions vary. Players have asked in the past for a Hellbug Siege. Conceptually I like the idea and will withhold judgment until I see how it's implemented.

CRIXDA
08-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Amack,
Thanks for clearing me up on Phantasie's role in "Der Kompany", I do appreciate it.
Quite honestly though, it isn't the Devs and the programmers or Coders that need to be sacked.
We all know who needs replacing.

A fcuking jackpot weapon that you can't even use if you win it?
What dipshat came up with THIS idea? Really?

"Hey guys! Let's make a 'Legendary Weapon Crate' and charge like $100. For it in the game store!!!"
"That is pretty expensive, Jordy. Will they pay that much?"
"Oh yeah! We'll give them a set of synergy mods too! But these players are so stupid that the mods don't even have to match the weapon!!"
"Yeah but for $100? That is kind of high. Are you sure that they won't question it? We said that it isn't 'Pay to win'."
"Get with the program, guys! Do you want to get laid-off like the last team on this project? Of course it is 'pay to win' it is pay for everything! Wake up and get with it! Get the cash and give them as little for it as possible!"

Amack
08-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Despite the lulz i've had with my posts after the patch. In my opinion the changes they made are for the better. I know people aren't happy, we all knew that was going to happen. I'm still playing, I am still having fun, and I have plenty of purple dots around me... I hope things do turn out okay for you and Dawn Patrol as well Crix.

eirich_liath
08-20-2014, 03:44 PM
This is my honest feedback about the rewards or lack thereof in the game.

A slew of us used to play this game for the fun that it entailed. The rewards were nice but ultimately, we played because it was fun. Not because getting the loot was fun. Take the loot, keys and arkfraud out of the equation for a moment and you'll understand what I'm sayin'.

Shooting things in the face is fun. Shooting said things in the face with a group of friends was even more fun.

I don't give a f*ck what the rewards are anymore. I have what I want and need to shoot things in the face.

To all that have left or are losing hope, i.e; crixda, edispilfnairb, bonehead, bigguy, kon, negative creep, overt, drama, wartitan, lucent, lilith, puddy and all the other vets that I have gamed with or sparred with over the last 16 months.

Our suggestions are just that, suggestions. Unless there is money to be made from it, it simply won't happen.

If you enjoy shooting things in the face, Defiance can still be a very fun game to play.

I am no white knight, believe me.

I'll simply sign off with a brief update;

I finally got my title in game from the Defiant Few vendor.

Rebel

Iceberg
08-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Opinions vary. Players have asked in the past for a Hellbug Siege. Conceptually I like the idea and will withhold judgment until I see how it's implemented.

That's great and all, but they can just keep that stuff in the main bay area without needing to throw it in silicon valley as far as I am concerned.