PDA

View Full Version : Lag monster

kbar
08-19-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem playing @ 9:33 EST but after being in the game for over 5 mins in a area with a lot of peeps or maybe 10 in a few the lag is so bad your just running around unable to do ANYTHING.:mad:. In another words it isn't worth logging in.:rolleyes:

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Great, I'm just about to try and log in.

What platform you on OP?

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Yeah, it did seem a bit laggier than usual tonight... over on the NA/360 servers.

BJWyler
08-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem playing @ 9:33 EST but after being in the game for over 5 mins in a area with a lot of peeps or maybe 10 in a few the lag is so bad your just running around unable to do ANYTHING.:mad:. In another words it isn't worth logging in.:rolleyes:

Yeah. Lag was terribad tonight - PC NA. Couldn't finish the SV Minor Disciples thing because it just lagged out waiting for the DC. Attempted Explosions 101 several times - lagged and DCed at least 3 times during the course of the mission.

I have never seen the lag this bad on PC since I have been playing the game - at least the the few amount of other players around me at the time. Truth be told, at this point, it doesn't matter what they do to the game or the loot, the stability and connection is going to kill this game deader than a pre-patch Splitshot headshot.

gonzo570
08-19-2014, 08:33 PM
A lot of the current lag is from the new Defiant Few weapons. If you're around several people using them you're pretty well screwed.

dramaQkarri
08-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Interesting - PS3 NA was pretty bad with lag tonight too.

On the up side, got to 5900 so I have no reasons anymore. ;)

LegendaryU2K
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
i was lagging bad on the pc. hardly happens, but when it does its for a long time.

Irongrim
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
A lot of the current lag is from the new Defiant Few weapons. If you're around several people using them you're pretty well screwed.

I was in a coop mission with friends tonight and none of those weapons were around; lag was terrible to the point of being unplayable.

I really like this game. No matter how much I like it, having semi regular bouts of extreme lag will kill the game for me(and most others).

Lokkstwice
08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
This lag is crazy on NA pc Server. Can we get this fixed or reset. Anytime you get a bunch of people together you get massive lag leading to disconnect.

Copperpot
08-19-2014, 09:41 PM

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/5/19/1274282229451/Black-Smoke-Monster-006.jpg

LegendaryU2K
08-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Well i will be back online tomorrow night , seeing how bad the NA pc server is, its unplayable.

Syrinx
08-19-2014, 10:47 PM
PC US server, lag was so bad i couldn't do a damned thing.

Not to be an *** but this is honestly the sort of thing you expect in a alpha/beta level of development, you would think QA wouldn't let it ship with lag/connection issues, but seems this has been around since launch right? And almost every patch has said 'lag and server stability fixed' correct?

*Shrug* I give up trying to understand this company

LegendaryU2K
08-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Well on my end, i never had any problems with lag until maybe a few days ago. but today was the worse. Maybe after the patch it will fix it. Maybe the server couldn't handle the number of players. yesterday it was 6500 players online for the PC version, today, i saw 4700.

Infinity Eagle
08-20-2014, 04:34 AM
I was Trying to get the weekly done (10 capture points) and lag was so bad people running in place, empty whole clip into other player, nothing happens, then I die. Loadout screen was blank for a minute then finally get back in, the the sound Stuck Tachmag on full auto, had to turn off sound.

Ended up just giving up and logging out. Have not had it this bad before.

Ironhide
08-20-2014, 04:54 AM
If it was just on the console versions I would say typical Defiance, since it was on PC too, then I dunno. Quick someone get me some Big League Chew, dental floss and a 56K modem and I'll fix it. (Que MacGyver theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4

Telemachus
08-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Laggg...SoooOoo...Badddd...

Never have had lag like this in the past 1 1/2 years. Even the stress beta was smooth compared to this crap.

Doing a arkfall solo and everything's fine, then out of the blue can't switch weapons then can't fire weapons then ... can't move.

Then everything's fine for about 1 minute then worst lag... then it repeats the awfulness .

This was PC NA, btw.
Nobody else is around.

Suggestion ..., the Next new boss should be named the Lag monster, make the death animation long and painful, enjoyable to watch.

Could add a new mission the eliminate a group of incompetent EVIL server techs in a Evil Votan/volge/grid data center. It would be a popular mission.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Could add a new mission the eliminate a group of incompetent EVIL server techs in a Evil Votan/volge/grid data center. It would be a popular mission.

That would be glorious!

http://media0.giphy.com/media/2PKiy95Iq819K/giphy.gif