PDA

View Full Version : My Second Thread, Feel free to chime in!

Beathrus
08-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello, Everyone. This is my second thread, and I have a few pointers for Trion. I figure, even if they do not see this, well at least it'll exist? Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts, I briefly asked questions of some veterans of the game to get their opinion, and I'll be giving my own as well.

First off, let me say this; I like this game, its fun but with every game, there are things that are not so fun. Lets start, with the not so fun.

Not fun - Running off the Veterans by suddenly implementing nerfs
Not fun - Suddenly raising prices so much it feels like war profiteering

Now then, lets talk about things that are fun!

Weapon customization, vehicles, outfits/appearance, EGO, Multiplayer, Co-Op, A good story line, and finally, PVP!

Now.. and lastly.. lets talk about things that will kill a game, faster than a nuke.

Extreme Lag, Random Disconnections, Not being able to get into the game due to a 'Critical Error', Not being able to play with your friends in a game that has Co-Op and lastly, running off the core population without rewarding them for faithful patronage.

---

But all hope is not lost, you know it isn't or else the game wouldn't still be up.
Its simple, it really is. Here is what I believe and chime in if I am wrong might help.

First and Foremost - Let everyone know the game is still having trouble with connectivity and give 'em a reward for dealing with it, maybe 25 key codes or something. And Fix the dang Lag, DCing, and unable to connect message on PS3, Xbox, and PC if it has it. That should be your priority because right now, Trion is getting a really, really bad Reputation because of it and losing business.

Next, The Price raising on Key codes and needs to be decreased a bit, by maybe 50 - 75%, hopefully that will bring back some of the Veteran players.

The drop rates for key codes and AF, you heavily nerfed that and need to raise it back up a bit. You basically stepped on the Veteran players and said 'Sorry, F2P now, can't let anyone get this loot to easily', You slapped 'em in the face for buying the game to play it. You need to fix that, you ran off the Core Community you know, those people with Clans/Guilds that could draw in the new players with shiny stuff to help 'em get started and into the painful slow phase.

---

Okay, this last part is just me speaking about the cash shop. Just a recommendation, and that is simple because most of it you already have down.

Allow for re-coloring of clothing, either buying a kit for it or dyes or something. Just add in color variation kits or something for players to use on weapons and gear. I know this might seem dumb, but people will pay to have nice colors on their favorite weapons. Or even to be able to re-skin a weapon as their favorite, Sometimes its not about the weapon but how it looks!

Re-coloring of existing Headgear and outfits, needless to say, same thing about re-coloring weapons and etc. People like to have some nice colors on their gear, I know that the headgear and outfit is influenced by the show and supposed to match up, but really people like to change the colors of what they wear!

Needless to say, this is about the same for vehicles too. Don't make us buy a whole new vehicle with new colors, just let us buy something to edit how the vehicle looks and is colored. I know Trion is doing ArcheAge too, you know how you can edit stuff on the sails? Do that for the game and vehicles and you'll have a huge hit item people want to buy!

---

Okay, that is it. I've laid out my thoughts, go ahead and chime in or set me ablaze if you want, this newb has said his peace!

Dandrielas
08-19-2014, 09:25 PM
I like you. You don't have an attitude like some new people. *thumbs up*

Copperpot
08-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Hello, Everyone. This is my second thread, and I have a few pointers for Trion. I figure, even if they do not see this, well at least it'll exist? Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts, I briefly asked questions of some veterans of the game to get their opinion, and I'll be giving my own as well.

First off, let me say this; I like this game, its fun but with every game, there are things that are not so fun. Lets start, with the not so fun.

Weapon customization, vehicles, outfits/appearance, EGO, Multiplayer, Co-Op, A good story line, and finally, PVP!

Now.. and lastly.. lets talk about things that will kill a game, faster than a nuke.

Extreme Lag, Random Disconnections, Not being able to get into the game due to a 'Critical Error', Not being able to play with your friends in a game that has Co-Op and lastly, running off the core population without rewarding them for faithful patronage.

---

But all hope is not lost, you know it isn't or else the game wouldn't still be up.
Its simple, it really is. Here is what I believe and chime in if I am wrong might help.

First and Foremost - Let everyone know the game is still having trouble with connectivity and give 'em a reward for dealing with it, maybe 25 key codes or something. And Fix the dang Lag, DCing, and unable to connect message on PS3, Xbox, and PC if it has it. That should be your priority because right now, Trion is getting a really, really bad Reputation because of it and losing business.

Next, The Price raising on Key codes and needs to be decreased a bit, by maybe 50 - 75%, hopefully that will bring back some of the Veteran players.

The drop rates for key codes and AF, you heavily nerfed that and need to raise it back up a bit. You basically stepped on the Veteran players and said 'Sorry, F2P now, can't let anyone get this loot to easily', You slapped 'em in the face for buying the game to play it. You need to fix that, you ran off the Core Community you know, those people with Clans/Guilds that could draw in the new players with shiny stuff to help 'em get started and into the painful slow phase.

---

Okay, this last part is just me speaking about the cash shop. Just a recommendation, and that is simple because most of it you already have down.

Allow for re-coloring of clothing, either buying a kit for it or dyes or something. Just add in color variation kits or something for players to use on weapons and gear. I know this might seem dumb, but people will pay to have nice colors on their favorite weapons. Or even to be able to re-skin a weapon as their favorite, Sometimes its not about the weapon but how it looks!

Re-coloring of existing Headgear and outfits, needless to say, same thing about re-coloring weapons and etc. People like to have some nice colors on their gear, I know that the headgear and outfit is influenced by the show and supposed to match up, but really people like to change the colors of what they wear!

Needless to say, this is about the same for vehicles too. Don't make us buy a whole new vehicle with new colors, just let us buy something to edit how the vehicle looks and is colored. I know Trion is doing ArcheAge too, you know how you can edit stuff on the sails? Do that for the game and vehicles and you'll have a huge hit item people want to buy!

---

Okay, that is it. I've laid out my thoughts, go ahead and chime in or set me ablaze if you want, this newb has said his peace!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/xwYjKVt6h1KtW/200.gif

Rest assured that, although I can't read all this (a.d.d. or something), someone freaking awesome will.

Dandrielas
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
http://media1.giphy.com/media/xwYjKVt6h1KtW/200.gif

Rest assured that, although I can't read all this (a.d.d. or something), someone freaking awesome will.

It was all good points. :)

Holy Bahamut3
I hate to rain on your parade, but we've been throwing ideas at the "Dev team" for over a year now only to be blatantly ignored and insulted. I would recommend you look at the suggestion forums. You'll have an idea of what I mean.

Alastar
Alright let's torch this Noob! I'll get pitchforks, somebody else can grab torches! >;D Solid post and nice ideas. Not alone with your cash shop ideas either (or the others for that matter). Don't expect much in the DC, lag, critical error area. Those are day 1 issues. The other stuff. Well who knows what the future holds.

Dandrielas
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Alright let's torch this Noob! I'll get pitchforks, somebody else can grab torches! >;D Solid post and nice ideas. Not alone with your cash shop ideas either (or the others for that matter). Don't expect much in the DC, lag, critical error area. Those are day 1 issues. The other stuff. Well who knows what the future holds.

I'll grab my broom!

Beathrus
08-19-2014, 09:33 PM
No problem, I sort of expected it. But I'm also hoping since the game has gone F2P they are at least checking Forums for reactions and see this thread.

Holy Bahamut3
08-19-2014, 09:33 PM
I'll grab my broom!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maduqpTqaS1qeiftoo1_250.gif

Holy Bahamut3
08-19-2014, 09:37 PM
No problem, I sort of expected it. But I'm also hoping since the game has gone F2P they are at least checking Forums for reactions and see this thread.

They'll see it, just don't get your hopes up that it will change anything. If you come to these forums with expectations you will only be met with disappointment.

A sad truth we've all learned I'm afraid.

Atticus Batman
08-19-2014, 09:38 PM

F2p for Ps3 and Pc. It's not free on Xbox 360 yet! Sorry, just thought, that needed pointed out.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171875-When-is-xbox-going-F2P&highlight=xbox+free+play

Beathrus
08-19-2014, 09:38 PM
They'll see it, just don't get your hopes up that it will change anything. If you come to these forums with expectations you will only be met with disappointment.

A sad truth we've all learned I'm afraid.

Pfft. Not like I'll give up though. Game has gone F2P, that means I can talk as much as I want and actually be in game to see changes if any come. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Dandrielas
08-19-2014, 09:39 PM
F2p for Ps3 and Pc. It's not free on Xbox 360 yet! Sorry, just thought, that needed pointed out.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171875-When-is-xbox-going-F2P&highlight=xbox+free+play

It will come. It always does. No matter where you and what you do. It will be there.

Atticus Batman
08-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Pfft. Not like I'll give up though. Game has gone F2P, that means I can talk as much as I want and actually be in game to see changes if any come. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Not true. THey have the right to ban you from their forum and game without warning, and they have done so to others before.

Beathrus
08-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Not true. THey have the right to ban you from their forum and game without warning, and they have done so to others before.

Then... Yeah, I guess that will happen. But if it does, at least I'll have said my mind and not have regrets about it.

Copperpot
08-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Then... Yeah, I guess that will happen. But if it does, at least I'll have said my mind and not have regrets about it.

You are a down to earth person and I think I like you.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/An95xQZRS1B1S/200.gif

Syrinx
08-19-2014, 09:53 PM
All good points but if you have dealt with Trion for as long as many of us have (either Rift of Defiance and now Arch Age beta/alpha/whatever stage it's at now) you will know that they, as a company, move with the shocking speed of glacial shift when it comes to buffing anything and move faster than a meteor on re-entry when it comes to nerfing any content they deem fit (even if it ranked high on the 'no nerf needed' meter).

I can see why they are alienating the core player base, they want people that are new and that see this (defiance current state) as 'normal' and not 'intolerable' like the bitter vets currently see it. It's sad that it's happened but this seems to happen quite often when a B2P or sub based MMO goes F2P.

Now I have only been playing a week or two in Defiance, I enjoy the gameplay, I dont enjoy the unfulfilling reward system. I also have no comparison to the old system as I was never around for it and also am only low ego level (900ish) so don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to end game. However I do know that progression in MMO's has to be constant, even if it's slight, especially at end game levels.

Rewards like a new weapon upgrade or something that you have never seen before or getting from 5899 to 5900 EGO, those things are progression, getting 900 to 1500 EGO is progression too, yes, but not really that rewarding at the same time if you get my drift, especially if you can't find weapons that are upgrades. Like personally I'm using a 324 level SMG (epic with 4 mod slots)and am around EGO 900...simply because I have yet to find ANYTHING better and I do arkfalls (major and minor) and any other event that happens to happen in the northern areas. I COULD upgrade it's level but you need currency to do that and since starting I'm only at 120ish Arkforge..so yeah...about that 'fun fulfilling chase'....Game is still loads of fun but I can see how after doing teh story line it's going to be hard to keep playing.

Regarding the money shops:

I feel if they have more minor cosmetic things in there for both the character and vehicles that are not over prices (like most things currently are sadly) then people will be more likely to part with their money to customize their characters and their rides more. Be it decals for your car doors/bonnet, new tattoos for your character, weapon skins, dyes for outfits (not for cars as that's done already when you buy them, crappy design but not my game).

Also have more vehicle special sales, introduce some new cool looking designs as store only items or have a VERY VERY low drop chance from special events/lockboxes purchasable with bit's only.

There are more ideas but Trior runs Rift too and they have a pretty fair cash shop (not the fairest and buying gear directly is stupid, but Defiance does that with lockboxes and not actual gear...Rift is the last tier and below at the cash shop).

I could go on but this is long enough. I love the game, I just want to be rewarded more often when I invest the time into the game. When I get a sense of progression and achievement I am more likely to spend money, the oposite also rings true and is currently happening witht eh community at large...that or they are leaving.

Ironhide
08-20-2014, 04:16 AM

---

---

---

Welcome, you seem to have a nice level head, I like you already. Your not like others who are new and step all over peoples toes.

*Edit* Btw great second post and well said.

Belle Starr
08-20-2014, 05:33 AM
All your points are well taken, by us the players anyway, but more important to me is your "glass is half full" approach to the problems :)

I've played the game religiously for over a year, so I guess I'm one of those embittered veterans that have been so disappointed by the many (to me) unneeded changes to the game by the Devs and the continuing problems of lag and disconnects that don't appear to be changing or only getting slightly better. However, I often wonder if the strident and sometimes downright mean tone taken by players on the vast majority of these "advisory" threads are not part of the reason that Trion seems to be deaf to our pleas! :(

Your approach is like a breath of fresh air and I hope the Devs do read your comment and take it to heart. I really do hope so, but even if they don't, thank you for trying and the way you did so :D

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Well, I've made my 3rd Thread. Hopefully Ms/Mrs. Morgana sees it and replies. I am trying to be optimistic but from everything I've read I can't really be to hopeful. If all goes well, it will get attention and something will change, if not... Well, If not then that is normal I guess?

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Well, I've made my 3rd Thread. Hopefully Ms/Mrs. Morgana sees it and replies. I am trying to be optimistic but from everything I've read I can't really be to hopeful. If all goes well, it will get attention and something will change, if not... Well, If not then that is normal I guess?

Don't be surprised if they "respond" to your third thread with an infraction and/or warning. They don't like being called out publicly like that.

#justsaying

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't know why, but after reading the first half of this post, I had this weird though in my head of Trion employees throwing a D20 dice at the wall in determining the percentage mark up of things. Don't know why.

eirich_liath
08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Nice 2nd thread. Well made points. Concise and true. However.....

Had you have done a little homework and looked at threads dating back to launch, you would see suggestion after suggestion similar to your own. They did start out civil and were ignored.

The best you can hope from The Company is that all of your suggestions are valid. Many of the issues are "being worked on" and you will receive "awesome" news in upcoming patch notes that will be released "soon".

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 11:23 AM
N3gativeCr33p
Then I'll take the infraction/warning. I'm not meaning to call anyone out, not as you might be thinking. Its more that I want just one post people can see, and say 'Oh Hey, Someone important respond, so maybe they are listening and things will get better.' As I said in the 3rd Thread of mine, I'm just looking to show the community Trion isn't ignoring them. They just are not foolish enough to openly reply to hostility and be attacked.

Dandrielas
08-20-2014, 11:26 AM
N3gativeCr33p
Then I'll take the infraction/warning. I'm not meaning to call anyone out, not as you might be thinking. Its more that I want just one post people can see, and say 'Oh Hey, Someone important respond, so maybe they are listening and things will get better.' As I said in the 3rd Thread of mine, I'm just looking to show the community Trion isn't ignoring them. They just are not foolish enough to openly reply to hostility and be attacked.

I understand, but I also don't want you to leave either because of a ban. It would be nice if they responded, but they won't.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
I understand, but I also don't want you to leave either because of a ban. It would be nice if they responded, but they won't.

^^ Yeah, basically what he (or she) said is what I was originally getting at.

Stogie
08-21-2014, 08:46 AM
I have done some reading on the Internet on F2P and Micro Transactions and the constant I see is the largest mistake any company can make when trying to increase the micro transaction market in a game is to overcharge for the base reason players enjoy the game.

In this case it is the constant work done on getting those really good hard hitting weapons. All of the 5000 plus players I have met in Clan and chat are trying to get that Zagger with 0 reload, or a pair of Saws that strip shields and kill quick. I enjoy the game when playing at my level but when the threat level goes to 10 it becomes a grind.

So in order to survive at level 10 I want to build and keep my guns, which with the arkforge nerf is not possible. When I joined I thought getting a really good Car or that shiny Sword would be hard work unless I took a shortcut and purchased one. On the advice of Clan Mates (those old players they are pissing off) I did purchase DLC's. To my surprise it took me only a couple of days to have 2 swords and numerous cars. No need to purchase they gave them to me easily.

My point is that I will and can easily pay to have DLC's with new content or that fancy outfit or vehicle, but what I will not pay for is a Luck Box with a chance to get a weapon that I cannot afford to keep up or Arkforge to maintain my weapons which are my basis of play.

I enjoy the game and will probably keep playing. Unless the majority of my friends jump ship, they are what keep me playing.

I am interested in seeing what happens in the near future (Say by the end of Sept.) Will the team see their mistakes and fix the reward system or will the game simply die from lack of support.

As I finally just hit 5000 when I thought I could finally have time to work on some weapons rather than cycle through them. So I strived at getting skills to 20 with EGO walking away from my favorites. Then when I finally hit the milestond they change the rules and I have to start again. Those rare weapons are no longer falling, have not seen and OJ in a month. Have not seen the WarMonkey killed since the change therefore no good drops for killing him. I am once again back to using Blue and some Purple. Kind of a kick to the Gangies.