PDA

View Full Version : Will Defiance get Season 3?

Watson121
08-20-2014, 02:31 AM
I really hope so because the 2nd Season is a massive improvement over the first and I really want to see more. I would be really sad if they cancelled Defiance, since it is one of my most favorite series.

Redbu11
08-20-2014, 02:47 AM
agreed, the show must go on, as well as the game

Lanewesh
08-20-2014, 02:59 AM
hope so, i restarted the game(deleted my previous character that had season 1 completed) yesterday and was having a blast doing all again and that is rare to me in an mmo :), very good fps mmo and now im going to watch the series to :)

btw did the game had any kinda update that turned mobs harder to kill? it far harder than last time i played XD

Watson121
08-20-2014, 03:56 AM
agreed, the show must go on, as well as the game

If it gets cancelled, I will be making a petition!!!!

Telemachus
08-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Needs more action and less drama.

I feel.

Chocolatelover67
08-20-2014, 07:10 AM
I hope they don't kill off Irisa

Ruinne
08-20-2014, 07:12 AM
The ratings are pretty bad, but you never know with any kind of Science Fiction.

This show isn't gathering the sort of cult following that many of their shows do.

RobDaCool
08-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Needs more action and less drama.

I feel.

I agree. Granted I've only saw 3 episodes. lol I wish Netflix had it. Heck I wish Netflix had anything nowadays lol

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Netflix is horrible for anything new. You usually have to wait an entire season before the previous season is available. I use it right now because it's the off season, but during the prime season where the major shows start I switch to Hulu. You CAN watch Defiance on Hulu right now, but because of licensing issues, you are only able to watch certain episodes, and only from a computer (as in not available to media devices or smart TVs, unless you own a certain $35 device that a certain major search engine company created last year)

Right now, you can watch episodes 1-5 of season 2 on Hulu without a cable subscription that has SyFy tied to it, and the first episode expires in 4 days, so watch it quick!

Quick edit, you do NOT need Hulu Plus to watch these. It's offered for free on their site with advertising. No reason not to watch it.

Chocolatelover67
08-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Netflix is horrible for anything new. You usually have to wait an entire season before the previous season is available. I use it right now because it's the off season, but during the prime season where the major shows start I switch to Hulu. You CAN watch Defiance on Hulu right now, but because of licensing issues, you are only able to watch certain episodes, and only from a computer (as in not available to media devices or smart TVs, unless you own a certain $35 device that a certain major search engine company created last year)

Right now, you can watch episodes 1-5 of season 2 on Hulu without a cable subscription that has SyFy tied to it, and the first episode expires in 4 days, so watch it quick!

Quick edit, you do NOT need Hulu Plus to watch these. It's offered for free on their site with advertising. No reason not to watch it.

What if you are outside the United States?

Oh and don't say VPN I've tried that but still get region blocked......... Region Blocking is anti business.

RobDaCool
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM

I only got Netflix to watch King of the Hill -and a week or so later it was removed lol My wife has been watching Star Trek though so it keeps her out of the way while i play games lol

L4yer
08-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Oh and don't say VPN I've tried that but still get region blocked......... Region Blocking is anti business.

Primewire.ag :)

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Many different "less than legal" ways of going about it. I don't think I would mention anything here in fear of some type of infraction, but my friend Google isn't afraid of them.

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Proxy. ZenMate is easy to use and works just fine.

SymbolicGamer
08-20-2014, 10:23 AM
If Defiance does get a season 3, I hope they bring the game over to Xbox One and PS4.

Midori Oku
08-20-2014, 10:26 AM
If Defiance does get a season 3, I hope they bring the game over to Xbox One and PS4.

As much as I would like for that to happen, I highly doubt it will. =/

Anyway, I thought that the ratings for Defiance were decent at the very least. Am I missing something?

SymbolicGamer
08-20-2014, 10:29 AM
I thought that the ratings for Defiance were decent at the very least. Am I missing something?

It's Syfy. Good shows never last long.

cyguy
08-20-2014, 10:31 AM
The ratings are pretty bad, but you never know with any kind of Science Fiction.

This show isn't gathering the sort of cult following that many of their shows do.

I was very surprised it didn't get cancelled after season 1. The show was moving at a crawl, and the ratings were pretty bad. I know the Dev's once said the game will go for as long as the show did, and it felt like the game people were expecting it to get cut too. Season 2 seemed to get a little better, but it still feels like it's struggling pretty bad. What kills it for me is all the horrible cover songs they do. They all seem incredibly out of place, and kill the mood for the scene they play in. I'm not sure the show is taking off like they first thought it would.

Watson121
08-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Proxy. ZenMate is easy to use and works just fine.

Or you can use hola.

Watson121
08-20-2014, 10:36 AM
The Netherlands version of Netflix has Season One!!! They might soon add Season Two!

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
What kills it for me is all the horrible cover songs they do.

I'll agree with you there... I still can't get that terrible "Come As You Are" cover out of my mind from season 1. Ugh!

Blakkheim
08-20-2014, 11:01 AM
#4 Seasons & a TV Movie

dysonsFear
08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Defiance is in the same boat as Farscape was. It gets decent ratings, by SyFy standards, but it's ridiculously expensive, and is the pet project of the current NBCU boss. If the boss gets replaced, like what happened with Farscape, then it'll likely get cancelled if the numbers aren't to their liking. That said, they've learned from the mistakes made with Farscape, so we'll see what happens.

Watson121
08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
#4 Seasons & a TV Movie

I really want this to happen

JadedSinn
08-20-2014, 12:12 PM
IMO

something tells me the show is going to go the way firefly did. its just going to " end " and then syfi is going to make a movie and that will be the end of it.

as for the game. if we are lucky as the season ends and we come into the gap between contract renuals for the show. trion will have more time to start adressing in game problums and like i stated if we are lucky. thay will take that time to do so befor

if there is a new season coming after this one. to fix alot of the problums this game has right now

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Anyway, I thought that the ratings for Defiance were decent at the very least. Am I missing something?

Decent isn't the word I'd use. (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/defiance-season-two-ratings-32932/)

Kharnamatic
08-20-2014, 03:53 PM
If Community can get six seasons and a movie, and that show was bat**** nonsense crap, why can't Defiance get 3 seasons?

hardy83
08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
One thing to remember is that any TV ratings you'll find on the net will most likely only be US numbers. It would include Canada, South America, Europe etc etc.

Also, it will only be the numbers from TV showings. It will not include online viewings, which, in this day and age, is starting to become a pretty big chunk of viewers now.

Does that mean Defiance is actually 5 million viewers? lol No, probably not, but the TV ratings don't tell the whole story anymore.

I'm hoping for at least 4 seasons. Any more and it might become stale, and less and it might not be able to expand the world well enough......Especially if they just keep sticking to the one stupid town in the show.

Chocolatelover67
08-21-2014, 12:06 AM
If Community can get six seasons and a movie, and that show was bat**** nonsense crap, why can't Defiance get 3 seasons?

But I like Inspector time space, the Dr Who parody they did.