PDA

View Full Version : TRION, Please address the War Master balance, or lack of it ATM

LiketheShoreandtheSea
08-20-2014, 02:35 AM
I've been back playing the game for probably over a month now (PC NA), and I've participated in as many Major Arkfall Impacts that I could find. In all of those War Master attempts with the populace at large, I've seen our group attempt break his armour TWICE, and not even come CLOSE to denting his health bar after that.

Those 2 times must have been with a larger or more experienced group than normal, because usually the War Master has half of his armour still intact in whatever location the group focuses on when the timer elapses and he leaves.

Honestly guys, this just isn't fun. Why include a pursuit (kill the War Master) that I can never have a HOPE of completing through normal Defiance gameplay. In fact, why include the War Master at all if we're lucky to crack his armour, let alone TOUCH his health bar? It's just not a fun fight. Period.

Please, consider increasing the timer (do we get 5 min now? It feels waaaaay too short for the most epic Boss fight in the game) we have to fight him (10 min would be nice) and reducing his health so that an average group can actually have a hope of getting even close to finishing his ***. Thanks.

Redbu11
08-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Most ppl are just shooting his back or even his torso lol. Too many dumbs.

Alastar
08-20-2014, 02:43 AM
Nice to fresh faces that actually want to WIN. Sadly the WM issue has been addressed with the 3 minute timer. You must have missed that. Because of several factors leading to the usual failure you're experiencing now many came together to wait for more people. Trion saw that there was a problem with the WM. Trions solution to the WM was to put timers in place because that fixes it apparently XD Eh. Good luck. Best bet is to get in with a clan that knows what they're doing and has the people and guns to back the knowledge. I don't imagine we'll be seeing a real fix for the wm anytime soon.

LiketheShoreandtheSea
08-20-2014, 02:58 AM
The 3 min Lock Timer is a joke. The lock's being broken in the last 30 seconds of the lock timer elapsing. We're getting all the people we're gonna get by then.

The group sizes aren't enormous but it's often 15-20ish. Honestly though, TRION should balance the War Master to be doable for the average # of participants for that platform & region. If they did make such a change it would be a positive change for once (unlike so many recent negative ones).

The new landmass is nice and all, but really not what I feel the game actually needs... like stable service and a decent reward system to retain the new F2P playerbase. Unfortunately what boost there was from F2P is a fast fading star under the regime's current game plan. Besides, what fun is the new landmass when it's chock full of twice the enemies, and virtually NO ONE to fight alongside with. :/

I hope I can find that calibre of clan ... if it actually exists lol. The odds of having enough experienced players together all online at the same time to actually pull this **** off must be miiiighty low these days. In fact, is there anyone on PC that can honestly say they've seen the War Master die in the past MONTH? Anyone? I sure hope so... but I bet not lol. :P

EDIT: Ohh, and another thing (paying attention TRION?)... if those Evangels have as much health as they do, a huge improvement to my usual Silicon Valley SOLO play would be to spawn in a damn ammo chest nearby them. It takes longer to run the 20-30 second (at least) trip to find the closest ammo crate and run that course back and forth the 3 or 4 times you need, than to actually SHOOT the health off the damn Evangel. WTF. *sigh* Currently Silicon Valley is not much fun to be in, unless u include V-bagging the TRION office headquarters sign, that is! >:D

crazyged
08-20-2014, 03:03 AM
I don't think the 3-minute timer really matters anymore - there just doesn't seem to be enough people on the servers these days to do much of anything... Heck, I hardly see any clan members anymore!

LiketheShoreandtheSea
08-20-2014, 03:40 AM
Yep. A 5-min lock timer might be a smidge better, but they'd have to increase the lock strength to keep impatient nubs from shooting it off anyway. Plus, it'd do little to nothing to address the actual problem of killing the War Master, more than likely, other than perhaps to add a little more grind..-y goodness, lol!

Your observation of the player population matches mine. And I'd bet your side (PC-EU) prolly has a bigger pop than mine (PC-NA). Sad times.

Dinova
08-20-2014, 03:48 AM
We fought him twice, we had a fullscale clan showing up with a bunch of /zone people, we had plenty of firepower and communicated what to shoot.

However, server borked and only let about 15 people in. Rest either DC or got in some other limbo place.

Evangels are just plain stupid, even with 2-3 people (threat 3-4 max) it takes so many clips to get the health down, its like mindnumbing shooting and running back and forth between the ammo box.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Evangels are just plain stupid, even with 2-3 people (threat 3-4 max) it takes so many clips to get the health down, its like mindnumbing shooting and running back and forth between the ammo box.

Indeed... so glad I finished those 25 Sillycon Valley events last night for the pursuit. "Mind numbing"... perfectly phrased.

drackiller
08-20-2014, 05:25 AM
Indeed... so glad I finished those 25 Sillycon Valley events last night for the pursuit. "Mind numbing"... perfectly phrased.

I`m not even playing that thing at all in SV.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 05:26 AM

Unless you like shooting at a yellow dot on a large garbage can, then you're not missing a thing.

drackiller
08-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Most ppl are just shooting his back or even his torso lol. Too many dumbs.

And what is the problem about shooting his back if i may ask!?

If you just don`t know what your talking about, please don`t answer.

Snowclan
08-20-2014, 11:13 AM
I agree, the Warmaster needs to be adjusted. He's currently scaled such that everyone in the room has to be using the correct weapons and tactics. With the mass exodus of veterans that game has experienced, groups like that don't really exist anymore.

Personally, I would like to see a quest added to the game that teaches players how to do the Warmaster fight. Give players a training simulation that their Ego walks them through that explains how the fight is supposed to go and what weapons to use.

Deunan
08-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Most ppl are just shooting his back.That's because, unlike you, they have at least a slight clue about fighting the Warmaster.

Festival
08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
> August 2014
> still doing Warmasters

Comedy gold.

Seriously, OP, the majority of vets (on PC/NA, anyway) stopped doing Warmaster runs when the idiotic lock timers were dumped on the event like a pungent, steaming load of powshtako, accompanied by lies and insults from the lead dev. Instead of fixing the obvious problem (newbs and trolls breaking the locks before a good-sized team could be assembled and a plan agreed upon), they institutionalized the problem with the introduction of the timers. Utter, clueless fail on the developers part, that was.

Mind you, the WM had already been nearly ruined with the introduction of the new, craptastic non-damage-centric scoring system, which prioritizes tactics that do nothing to help defeat the monkey but do run up your score. With too many people scorewhoring with ineffective weapons, you had to have a decent number of really good heavy hitters to make up for the leeches if you wanted to actually beat him. Of course now, with rewards nerfed into the dirt, there's no point in scorewhoring your way to the top of the table, since you won't get jack for it. Some of us take a certain satisfaction in that little bit of revenge on the leeches.

Kanah
08-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Of course now, with rewards nerfed into the dirt, there's no point in scorewhoring your way to the top of the table, since you won't get jack for it. Some of us take a certain satisfaction in that little bit of revenge on the leeches.

The last few times I tried, I had to swap in a bio weapon cos no-one was bothering to go for armour breaks any more. No chance of getting a win and no point going for score. Not a lot of point to the whole endeavour really.

Riz
08-20-2014, 01:07 PM

Sigh... Normally when new content launches i have a sit that evening and finish it. Not because they were all that great, but because i wanted to see what they gave us and pick up the rewards/EGO. With larger add-ons like SV and the DLC's i estimated it to be small week before i finished all those pursuits...

In reality i cant be bothered with SV at all. Didnt go there when it was apart from the map, and now that it is part of the big map i still dont go there. In all honesty, i did about 10 of the most grid-emergencies, 3-4 grid arkfalls and 5 of those incursions. Mindnumbingly boring... Especially those Evangels. Needs 3 people putting up Ammo-spikes turn-based, not my idea of having fun lol. Next time i'll try to tape my R1-button and hope that someone will be nice enough to put an Ammo-spike near me so it keeps shooting while i'm outside for a smoke. :)

In fact i found myself more excited with the return of the Mt Tam incursions, although i have absolutely no need to participate in them.

EDIT: Responded to drackiller, but just now realized i went off-topic. This is a WM-thread? It's still being played? How did that work out! Personally i only play instances and events that i can actually win and defeat the monster. Fair fight principle.

drackiller
08-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Lol Riz, i played one This afternoon and the only person there when i entered the Arkfall was an Ego 100 ;)
I made my usual 100k+ and the noo...Ego 100 ended the Arkfall with Zero points...Lol

Bonehead
08-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Unless you like shooting at a yellow dot on a large garbage can, then you're not missing a thing.

I love that! Especially if the garbage can gives no indication I am shooting it at all and remains perfectly still!

Bonehead
08-20-2014, 03:45 PM
TRION, Please address the War Master balance, or lack of it ATM

The current state of the warmaster is the result of Trion addressing it. It is working as intended. For realsies!

Alastar
08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
I agree, the Warmaster needs to be adjusted. He's currently scaled such that everyone in the room has to be using the correct weapons and tactics. With the mass exodus of veterans that game has experienced, groups like that don't really exist anymore.

Personally, I would like to see a quest added to the game that teaches players how to do the Warmaster fight. Give players a training simulation that their Ego walks them through that explains how the fight is supposed to go and what weapons to use.

Completely unnecsary to provide a mission. Warmaster is working as intended. Go in fast, fail hard, reap meager rewards, rinse and repeat. Victory is not an option. Because grenades. Longer more fulfilling chase. Defiance! And all that. *air fist*

Coyote Clive
08-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Completely unnecsary to provide a mission. Warmaster is working as intended. Go in fast, fail hard, reap meager rewards, rinse and repeat. Victory is not an option. Because grenades. Longer more fulfilling chase. Defiance! And all that. *air fist*

Nevah....... Evah.........Been said better.

Alastar
08-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Bahahaha! :D Ty Ty, I was aiming for rally speech. :cool: