PDA

View Full Version : The state of ego perks: Too powerful or what should be baseline (Overcharge/stealth)

Kriegson
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
...and those that don't don't meet par. Decoy/Blur.
Seen too many people using overcharge and frankly, why the hell wouldn't you? More damage = Killing enemies faster which means that everything else is a non-issue. Worse yet, imo, it's the most boring. But that's the thing that gamers suffer from.

We will ALWAYS take the easiest (or quickest) path no matter how boring it may be, and then ***** about it like there's no tomarrow. And overcharge is the easiest path. The ability itself and surrounding abilities offer good damage, efficiency AND survivability. All around awesome.
Stealth's abilities are extremely situational in comparison, but the ability itself is without peer in PVP. The ability to instagib someone point blank with a shotgun and then dissapear again is pretty awesome and has virtually no counter.

Now before you start raging THIS IS NOT A NERF THREAD

Did I make that large and obvious enough? Probably not, but anyways, the idea is that these two abilities are awesome (Albiet boring on overcharge's behalf) so I should hope the other abilities could be made to be as effective and fun.

Blur:
Pretty dismal. You run faster, Maybe viable with the damage addition perk, but you need at least 2 other perks in order to even start on that one. Some sort of melee addition aside from "Do as much against shields" should be integrated, or accessible right off the bat. Alternatively, A higher speed boost might do wonders for it.

Decoy
Being the "Tanky" ability, it would be nice to see something like 50% of damage taken by you goes to your decoy instead, and that swapping to your decoy would put the decoy where you once were, making things more confusing for enemies. In PVP, your decoy should look exactly like you (not sure if it does or not currently) to confuse them slow minded bunny hopper types.

TL: DR
Buff or change Decoy and Blur to be as effective as overcharge and stealth. Tweaking overcharge to be more fun than a damage boost+graphical effect would be nice as well.

WaGzy
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
I reckon while in blur mode there should be something like there is a 25% chance enemy attacks miss. (Maybe less or more, not really sure, don't even use blur) However blur is great in PVP.

Drekor
04-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Blur is ridiculously strong once you get some perks with it and is the best power for PvP imo.

Fitz
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Blur is ridiculously strong once you get some perks with it and is the best power for PvP imo.

Can you give some advice as to what perks to choose?

I went blur, and while i havent pvped yet, in pve its kinda...meh? Especially when arkfalls have flying mobs that you cant melee... which are the best perks and in what order?

Moose Of Woe
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Can you give some advice as to what perks to choose?

Long story short, don't want to get in to specifics but, imo:

PvE:
Overcharge
Overcharge
Overcharge
Arguably Cloak

PvP:
Blur
Blur
Blur
Whatever else you enjoy, but blur seems far and away the most advantageous and versatile of the lot.

Roewan
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Decoy is definitely not a weak power, as it is surrounded by some of the best defensive perks in the game. We have an entire guide devoted to EGO Powers -- check the link in my signature.

Fitz
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Long story short, don't want to get in to specifics but, imo:

PvE:
Overcharge
Overcharge
Overcharge
Arguably Cloak

PvP:
Blur
Blur
Blur
Whatever else you enjoy, but blur seems far and away the most advantageous and versatile of the lot.

So why is Blur so awesome for pvp? Is it the -dmg from above to gimp people sniping you? or is melee somehow awesome in pvp?

Kriegson
04-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Probably just faster=Harder to hit but I still think being invisible kind of tops it, especially when a team is semi-coordinated

usrevenge2
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
pvp right now is shotgun fights, so blur speed +melee damage bonus is nice. cloak is ok as well.

I like over charge, liked it in the beta and like it now. with a LMG it's nice in PVE.

Chio Raver
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Idk what your talking about but decoy is awesome when you switch you switch places with your decoy and in pvp the decoy does look like you. I love decoy.

Grey
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
.__. I am, I the ONLY one who is loving Decoy as is? even in PvP it's wonderful because people ignore it!
O_o Then BOOM I'm behind you ;) and in PvE it's wonderful to blaze through the fetch quests, decoy, grab all the things then run.

Chio Raver
04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
.__. I am, I the ONLY one who is loving Decoy as is? even in PvP it's wonderful because people ignore it!
O_o Then BOOM I'm behind you ;) and in PvE it's wonderful to blaze through the fetch quests, decoy, grab all the things then run.

Look at my post before yours >.>. Im to lazy to quote it.

Moose Of Woe
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
So why is Blur so awesome for pvp? Is it the -dmg from above to gimp people sniping you? or is melee somehow awesome in pvp?

The fact you're quick and, if at a significant disadvantage, (which is often) you can get the heck out of dodge very quickly. It also makes it much more difficult for snipers to headshot you. It's very, very versatile. Basically, you can pick and choose your fights much easier. Fight or flight.

The same goes for cloak. Cloak is good with the crit multipliers, but people can still see you if they're keen. Plus, if they've seen you popping cloak it won't help much aside from a brief damage boost if you have the perk(s) for it. You're committed to the confrontation - with blur, you usually are not.

elrick mercer
04-03-2013, 07:04 PM
With the right perks blur can reach speeds in excess of 140% faster than a character without.

With the right perk decoy can uncloak a cloaked enemy within range.

Overcharge leaves you as a sitting duck.

Cloak is just all around good unless you run into someone with the decoy ability.