PDA

View Full Version : Ms/Mrs. Morgana! **Please Read!**

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Hello, Ms/Mrs. Morgana, I'm a new player to Defiance, a 'Newb' if you will. I have to say, the game is fun, but I do have some constructive criticism. I know that you may not be able to change anything yourself, or even bring it to the attention of anyone who can. But it would really help me, and maybe some of the veterans if you could respond, because right now from the general consensus I have been getting on the forums, they feel ignored, hurt, and very very upset with Trion. This is a copy paste from my Second Thread Post. If you can, please take a look at it, along with 'A Newb asking Veterans a question' I think both of those might be insightful.

And no, Anyone who reads this I am not being optimistic in thinking she might actually reply, or even that she is required to. I am simply asking, to ask, and I am being polite about it, I am not demanding anyone's time or reply to this.

Hello, Everyone. This is my second thread, and I have a few pointers for Trion. I figure, even if they do not see this, well at least it'll exist? Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts, I briefly asked questions of some veterans of the game to get their opinion, and I'll be giving my own as well.

First off, let me say this; I like this game, its fun but with every game, there are things that are not so fun. Lets start, with the not so fun.

Not fun - Running off the Veterans by suddenly implementing nerfs
Not fun - Suddenly raising prices so much it feels like war profiteering

Now then, lets talk about things that are fun!

Weapon customization, vehicles, outfits/appearance, EGO, Multiplayer, Co-Op, A good story line, and finally, PVP!

Now.. and lastly.. lets talk about things that will kill a game, faster than a nuke.

Extreme Lag, Random Disconnections, Not being able to get into the game due to a 'Critical Error', Not being able to play with your friends in a game that has Co-Op and lastly, running off the core population without rewarding them for faithful patronage.

---

But all hope is not lost, you know it isn't or else the game wouldn't still be up.
Its simple, it really is. Here is what I believe and chime in if I am wrong might help.

First and Foremost - Let everyone know the game is still having trouble with connectivity and give 'em a reward for dealing with it, maybe 25 key codes or something. And Fix the dang Lag, DCing, and unable to connect message on PS3, Xbox, and PC if it has it. That should be your priority because right now, Trion is getting a really, really bad Reputation because of it and losing business.

Next, The Price raising on Key codes and needs to be decreased a bit, by maybe 50 - 75%, hopefully that will bring back some of the Veteran players.

The drop rates for key codes and AF, you heavily nerfed that and need to raise it back up a bit. You basically stepped on the Veteran players and said 'Sorry, F2P now, can't let anyone get this loot to easily', You slapped 'em in the face for buying the game to play it. You need to fix that, you ran off the Core Community you know, those people with Clans/Guilds that could draw in the new players with shiny stuff to help 'em get started and into the painful slow phase.

---

Okay, this last part is just me speaking about the cash shop. Just a recommendation, and that is simple because most of it you already have down.

Allow for re-coloring of clothing, either buying a kit for it or dyes or something. Just add in color variation kits or something for players to use on weapons and gear. I know this might seem dumb, but people will pay to have nice colors on their favorite weapons. Or even to be able to re-skin a weapon as their favorite, Sometimes its not about the weapon but how it looks!

Re-coloring of existing Headgear and outfits, needless to say, same thing about re-coloring weapons and etc. People like to have some nice colors on their gear, I know that the headgear and outfit is influenced by the show and supposed to match up, but really people like to change the colors of what they wear!

Needless to say, this is about the same for vehicles too. Don't make us buy a whole new vehicle with new colors, just let us buy something to edit how the vehicle looks and is colored. I know Trion is doing ArcheAge too, you know how you can edit stuff on the sails? Do that for the game and vehicles and you'll have a huge hit item people want to buy!

---

Okay, that is it. I've laid out my thoughts, go ahead and chime in or set me ablaze if you want, this newb has said his peace!

cmpowell
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
morgana posts patch notes phantasietrion is who you want

SymbolicGamer
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forums. Good luck on your novel.

Deunan
08-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Hello...The senior management of the game are Rich Barnes aka PhantasieTrion (Senior Producer), Evan Berman aka Scapes (Community Manager) and Trick Dempsey aka TrickDempsey(Creative Lead). You can PM Rich and Evan and they all read the forums so it doesn't really matter that you addressed your post to Morgana, but you should know that pretty much everything you wrote in your post has already been communicated to them multiple times.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I already figured what I have said has been said before, but right now, I'm more looking for a physical response. A good will 'reply' if you will. Something to give us (The community), a figure head. I am asking for Ms/Mrs. Morgana, because she is the community lead, right? I sorta figure, right now everyone needs someone to talk to, I don't know to see replying to threads. Basically someone to look to and feel that they the community are being looked after.

Bentu
08-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Sorry Beathrus but I doubt that they will be drawn out to comment on these questions as each answer will in turn mean more questions.
These updates and nerfs have been done to direct players to the bits store ( that's those that don't want the chase).

Dandrielas
08-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah. They gave up on understanding what we actually want awhile ago.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Bentu, As I said I am not looking for a reply(Its optional), More of what I am looking for is a confirmation things are being done, and the community isn't being left in the dark or ignored. I'm more looking for a 'The Ship isn't sinking, its just taking on more new players so fast its lower in the water' Sort of show of faith.

Bentu
08-20-2014, 11:30 AM
I believed a confirmation would be a reply which would pay rise to further questions.

You may get something out of Scapes or Kiwi.

Something like yes we've seen threads on the forum.

Edit. Well you do want a reply.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172249-My-Second-Thread-Feel-free-to-chime-in!&p=1601133&viewfull=1#post1601133

Just thought I'd also mention Scapes and Odie? I think his name is, were introduced as community managers to deal with things like this.

Try pm ing them.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
I believed a confirmation would be a reply which would pay rise to further questions.

You may get something out of Scapes or Kiwi.

Something like yes we've seen threads on the forum.

Edit. Well you do want a reply.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172249-My-Second-Thread-Feel-free-to-chime-in!&p=1601133&viewfull=1#post1601133

Just thought I'd also mention Scapes and Odie? I think his name is, were introduced as community managers to deal with things like this.

Try pm ing them.

Bentu, Pm'ing them wouldn't achieve anything, It sorta needs to be somewhere others can see it. That is the whole point... Its not about me, its more about the Veterans who need to see that Trion hasn't abandoned them.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 11:57 AM
I like you, Beathrus Bearkin.

Thank you for trying.

No harm in sending Phantasie a PM with a link to the thread. If you want.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
True, I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I sent the Message to Mr. Phantasie, Was extremely nervous, Hope I wasn't rude. x.x

Watson121
08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
I hope trion will read this.

JadedSinn
08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
i would of asked for kiwi she seems to get things done also :) and shes realy nice and friendly to all of us ark hunters

Phantasie is more of the PTS guy hes nice also . u can PM him and he will sometimes reply if its importent.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
True, I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I sent the Message to Mr. Phantasie, Was extremely nervous, Hope I wasn't rude. x.x

In my experience, he seems to be a super-tolerant person ;)

Bentu
08-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Bentu, Pm'ing them wouldn't achieve anything, It sorta needs to be somewhere others can see it. That is the whole point... Its not about me, its more about the Veterans who need to see that Trion hasn't abandoned them.

I do understand what you are trying to do mate as it's been done before when Kiwi/Scapes and the other guy started. They were very helpful and chatty with the community. Then we had Warmasters/Trick gate and the shtako hit the fan, all sorts of nerfs and we're back to square one.

CM Kiwibird
08-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi there. We always appreciate feedback, and I'd like to go ahead and thank you for keeping it constructive. :o

I'd also like to note that connectivity issues are a top priority for the team. You're also new, so I'd like to invite you to check out the Q&A sessions that we post on weeks when there are no livestreams! I'll be posting one this week, and I'd like to note that Etaew helped me with the prioritization of questions for this week's Q&A. On that note, you should also check out the livestreams if you're interested!

We do have dye kits in another Trion Worlds game, RIFT, so I don't personally believe that is something that would be impossible in the future. It's definitely something that could be brought up with the Defiance team. However, for vehicles, I do know that Dodge Challenger colors are restricted to the manufacturer's designated available paint line. Regarding more fun: Moving into the fall and winter we will continue to add new content and improve the game. Our next round of missions are scheduled to come out in late September!

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi there. We always appreciate feedback, and I'd like to go ahead and thank you for keeping it constructive. :o

I'd also like to note that connectivity issues are a top priority for the team. You're also new, so I'd like to invite you to check out the Q&A sessions that we post on weeks when there are no livestreams! I'll be posting one this week, and I'd like to note that Etaew helped me with the prioritization of questions for this week's Q&A. On that note, you should also check out the livestreams if you're interested!

We do have dye kits in another Trion Worlds game, RIFT, so I don't personally believe that is something that would be impossible in the future. It's definitely something that could be brought up with the Defiance team. However, for vehicles, I do know that Dodge Challenger colors are restricted to the manufacturer's designated available paint line. Regarding more fun: Moving into the fall and winter we will continue to add new content and improve the game. Our next round of missions are scheduled to come out in late September!

Speaking of super-tolerant people - Thanks Kiwi!

ColapsN7
08-20-2014, 12:54 PM
CM Kiwibird

Hi there. We always appreciate feedback, and I'd like to go ahead and thank you for keeping it constructive.

Thank You ! red :cool:.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 01:00 PM

Thank you so much for the reply, Ms/Mrs. Kiwi! Also, I like your picture of the Potoo in a suit!

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 01:05 PM
We do have dye kits in another Trion Worlds game, RIFT, so I don't personally believe that is something that would be impossible in the future. It's definitely something that could be brought up with the Defiance team.

Half the outfits in the cash shop are just different colored versions of the same models. You're not going to halve your potential sales to add something as trivial as armor dyes (not to mention the hate you'd get for adding dyes while XYZ is still *******).

CM Kiwibird
08-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much for the reply, Mr. Kiwi! Also, I like your picture of the Potoo in a suit!

Thank you! I made the suit myself. :o Potoos are great birds.

bigguy
08-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes thanks Mr Kiwi

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you! I made the suit myself. :o Potoos are great birds.

And Terrifying. @.@

http://www.theleemsmachine.com/bean/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Potoo-Bird-Looks-Like-Saw-Something-Horrifying-01.jpg

Yrkul
08-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much for the reply, Mr. Kiwi! Also, I like your picture of the Potoo in a suit!
Wrong gender, I have to point out, and a gorgeous redhead at that. :)

Bonehead
08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Bentu, As I said I am not looking for a reply(Its optional), More of what I am looking for is a confirmation things are being done, and the community isn't being left in the dark or ignored. I'm more looking for a 'The Ship isn't sinking, its just taking on more new players so fast its lower in the water' Sort of show of faith.

That is just so sweet. Really.

Beathrus
08-20-2014, 02:36 PM
That is just so sweet. Really.

I feel like I'm being mocked...

eirich_liath
08-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I feel like I'm being mocked...Believe me, you'll get used to it. And, not from just other players....

Bonehead
08-20-2014, 02:47 PM
I feel like I'm being mocked...

Honestly that was only about 35% sarcasm. Keep the faith as long as you can. I don't disagree with anything you wrote at all but as time goes by you...

Meh, you'll find out, OR a miracle will happen and Trion will change and everything will be pink fuzzy slippers!

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the miracle though.

AirRhino
08-20-2014, 05:45 PM
OP Writes a book, doesn't mention a single thing about banning hackers.

Banning hackers should be priority #1. Everything else is 2nd.

Dandrielas
08-20-2014, 05:46 PM
OP Writes a book, doesn't mention a single thing about banning hackers.

Banning hackers should be priority #1. Everything else is 2nd.

Not in my book. I don't see much hacking on the Ps3.